At WPCompendium.org, we aim to build “The Ultimate WordPress Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners.” We’ve spent years creating detailed tutorials that take you step-by-step through the process of building, managing and growing a WordPress-driven website at minimal cost and with no coding skills required.
This post explains the challenges we’ve addressed to turn WPCompendium.org into the “ultimate” guide about WordPress for beginners.
- The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners About WordPress
The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners About WordPress
In order to create the “best“ guide for WordPress beginners available, we’ve spent many years trying to address the challenges of training new WordPress users.
Some of these challenges include:
- How to educate an audience of non-technical end users about the benefits of using WordPress,
- How to keep all of the tutorials organized and up-to-date,
- How to present the content in logical, step-by-step sequence with no missing steps,
- How to deliver the information in a practical format that users can easily follow and readily apply to their own websites,
- How to make the information instantly accessible to users as they work through our WordPress training curriculum.
Many blogs, forums, and discussion groups provide WordPress tips and tutorials online, but most of these resources typically tend to be:
- Aimed at a technically-savvy audience (i.e. people who sell web services or want to learn how to write and edit code), not non-techie types like business/website owners who have no interest in learning how to code and just want results online, and
- Delivered in a format where the information is hard to keep up-to-date (e.g. PDF guides and videos). Without a proper document management system in place, it’s difficult to keep information organized and up-to-date, track which sections of the content have been updated, and know who has received which version of your content.
We have recently published a guide on Amazon called “WordPress DIY: The Complete DIY Guide To Starting, Managing, And Growing A Business Online With WordPress.” In the guide, we explain that we did not include the hundreds of detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials we have spent years creating inside the actual publication because this would make it thousands of pages long and very difficult to keep up-to-date. Instead, we provide a special link at the end of the guide giving users access to our private WordPress training site, which contains all of the tutorials, plus hundreds of video tutorials, and a plugin that lets you access everything from your own WordPress dashboard (learn more about our guide here: “WordPress DIY“).
We are gradually making our written tutorials available to WPCompendium.org users for free. These tutorials will eventually form a complete WordPress step-by-step training system for beginners that addresses all of the challenges we’ve described above.
The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide About WordPress For Beginners – Audience
Our WordPress tutorials are designed for non-technical users and businesses who want to learn how to have complete control of their own digital presence.
(Learn WordPress For Free!)
Whether you are a home-based or small business, a medium to large company, a community-based group, church, school or non-profit organization, you can use our step-by-step WordPress tutorials to build, manage and grow a professional website or blog with minimal cost and with no coding skills required.
The Ultimate WordPress Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners – Format
WordPress is continually changing and evolving. This makes updating content in PDF files and videos difficult.
(WordPress regularly releases new versions! Source: WordPress Versions)
We have chosen to build the “ultimate guide about WordPress for beginners” online, as this allows us to keep all of the content regularly updated, add additional information when required, keep everything organized in logical sequence, and fully interlink related content for ease of navigation.
The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners About WordPress – Content
We provide comprehensive written tutorials about WordPress with detailed step-by-step instructions and thousands of screenshots. Our tutorials will help you:
- Understand WordPress
- Plan Your WordPress Website Or Blog
- Install WordPress On Your Domain
- Configure WordPress Settings
- Master Using WordPress
- Expand Your WordPress Site With Plugins
- Customize Your WordPress Site
- Manage Your WordPress Site
- Optimize Your WordPress Site
- Keep Your WordPress Site Secure
- Grow Your Business Online With WordPress
This site is a work in progress. We plan to add new tutorials on a regular basis. To be notified when new tutorials get published on WPCompendium.org, please subscribe to our updates list below and like our Facebook Page.
The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide About WordPress For Beginners – Latest Updates
This section will help you keep track of our completed training modules:
Update – August 10, 2016
We’ve just added our 200th Free WordPress step-by-step tutorial to WPCompendium.org! Many more detailed WordPress tutorials are on their way 🙂
Update – July 21, 2016
We have completed adding tutorials for the following WordPress training modules:
- WordPress Overview Tutorials – Learn what WordPress is and discover the benefits of using WordPress.
- Website Planning Tutorials – These tutorials will help you plan your new website or blog.
- WordPress Installation Tutorials – These tutorials will take you step-by-step through the entire process of installing WordPress on your domain.
We are currently working on the tutorials for the WordPress Configuration Tutorials module, which show you how to configure your WordPress settings. The first tutorial in this series explains how to clean up a new WordPress installation.
(WPCompendium.org – The Ultimate Guide About WordPress For Beginners)
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, reviewed, or advertised on this site.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please consider using the links below to share this tutorial with anyone thinking of starting or growing a business online.