Being able to track, monitor and understand the behavior of visitors and users on your site is most important to your online success.
The old business saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, then how will you know what areas need improving?
Business owners have looked for ways to track and analyze user behavior since web sites first appeared. From simple counters that track visitor numbers, to very sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications which track and display incredible measurements.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is very important for a successful business, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown that past consumer behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
While the ability to view key metrics like how many visitors are visiting your website, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, what terms people are searching for, unique page views, referring websites, etc …, is highly essential, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to know precisely what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are visiting the longest period on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the page they are pausing to read more about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to analyze areas on a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress-powered site, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software tool that is compatible with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually records your website users’ entire journey and generates instant heatmaps showing where users click and where they are scrolling on your website.
The HeatMapTracker software allows you to spy on every action your users make.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers are interacting with your web site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact issues that are preventing your site visitors from fully benefiting from your website, such as unclear site navigation layouts, or disruptive ads. As the site owner, you can guide your readers to complete certain actions, such as signing up to your newsletter or click on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you what links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap can also reveal any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on an image which they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you can easily remedy this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or make it clear to your users that the image is just a design element.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test the design of your website, assess how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behavior on your site:
Monitor Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
The application captures every browsing session on your website, allowing you to monitor all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control With No Limitations
The script is hosted on your own server, giving you no limits on recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the HeatMapTracker script, which then entitles you to receive free upgrades and all future enhancements.
Additional benefits of the application include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web pages, you can uncover challenges that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions reveal exactly what happens on your site. Heatmaps let you see exactly which buttons and links users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay on a specific area, how far and quickly they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or hoping … just factual metrics of what goes on when visitors land on your website.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker lets you improve user engagement with your business, which increases your online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we list a few of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors look at and observe how far down your page your visitors scroll as an indicator of how long your site or content can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze each and every user session to help you understand how users are interacting with your site or some pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record user sessions on your website for 1 day, 1 week, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users are more interested in. You can also analyze regional location data of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how HeatMapTracker stacks up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials and comments that customers have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t going to). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that these may be linking to another area of your site?
- Get insights on ways to refine your landing pages, signup forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Performing “above the fold” experiments to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section should be added, edited, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Compare if visitors tend to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your website.
- Confirm confirmed website security and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable products and customer support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in three different versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Installs on one domain. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, session recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: The cost of purchasing this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software sells for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the software developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
Additional Software Info
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics provide important metrics on things such as the number of people finding your website, how they are finding it and what they do whilst visiting your website. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics tool can be a great way to do so.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMapTracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, engagement and to make more sales.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracker