Due to licensing restrictions, we cannot display videos on WPCompendium.org for free. We do, however, provide a complete library of WordPress Configuration video tutorials inside our WordPress training membership site at WPTrainMe.com (PRO Edition).
WPTrainMe (PRO Edition) includes all of the comprehensive WordPress step-by-step tutorials we publish on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of high-quality video tutorials and a plugin that lets you access everything inside your own WordPress Dashboard.
To learn how you can become a member of WPTrainMe for a very low one-time fee, see our special offer page.
How To Configure WordPress Video Tutorials
You can access the WordPress setup video tutorials listed below inside the WPTrainMe members’ area (or purchase the videos for your own personal use here):
BUILD A WORDPRESS SITE FAST
Learn how to configure your WordPress settings fast! These videos will help you get a new WordPress site up and running in no time.
- WordPress Dashboard Tour (6:21) – Overview of the WordPress administration panel and how to access the main features of WordPress.
- WordPress Post-Installation Cleanup (6:54) – How to clean up a new WordPress installation and overview of the main steps and settings.
- Post Revisions and AutoSaves (8:37) – Learn about WordPress features like auto backup, autosave and post revisions.
- WordPress Settings – General (4:41) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > General section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Writing (6:15) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Writing section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Reading (4:52) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Reading section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Discussion (6:35) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Discussion section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Media (2:05) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Media section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Permalinks (4:07) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Permalinks section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Limit Login Attempts (3:20) – Learn how to configure the settings for the Limit Login Attempts plugin (if installing WordPress using the method described in video #5.
HOW TO USE AMAZON S3
Amazon S3 is great, but it can also be somewhat confusing to work with. For this reason, we provide a complete set of video tutorials on using Amazon S3 below. These over-the-shoulder style videos will guide you step-by-step on how to set up and use Amazon S3 to upload, store, manage and protect your site’s images, large media files, downloadable files, stream videos and much more!
- What Is AWS & S3 (4:32) – Learn what Amazon Web Services (AWS) & S3 is and why you need to be using it.
- S3 Pricing (5:52) – Learn about the cost of using the Amazon S3 service using Amazon’s table of charges.
- S3 Price Calculator (7:10) – Learn how to use the AWS pricing calculator correctly. This video includes helpful tips on to use the info from the results generated by the calculator.
- How To Sign Up For Your S3 (AWS) Account (4:39) – Previously, you had to sign up for each service in the AWS individually. Now you have instant access to all the tools as soon as you sign up for your AWS account. This video includes time & money saving tips when signing up for your AWS account.
- What Is A Bucket? (5:17) – This video explains everything you need to know about Amazon S3 Buckets.
- How To Create An Admin User Account In IAM (5:35) – Due to a change made by Amazon in April 2014, you should create a separate user account for anyone using any of the tools in AWS including S3, even if you are the only person using your account. This video explains why you need to do this and how to create this user account.
- Cloudberry S3 Explorer (7:13) – Cloudberry S3 Explorer is a freeware file manager for Amazon S3. It provides a user interface to Amazon S3 accounts allowing accessing, moving and managing files, buckets and vaults across your local and cloud storage. This video explains how to use the User credentials created in the “How To Create An Admin User Account In IAM” video to set up the Cloudberry S3 Explorer & connect it to your AWS account. An accompanying download file is included for use with this video.
- Cloudberry S3 Explorer & File Management (6:02) – This video provides a detailed look at using CB S3 Explorer to create buckets and upload files. You will learn how to automate the process of deleting old files or moving them to “cold storage” as well as editing the files metadata, generating URLs and more.
- Cloudberry S3 Explorer & Expiring URLs (4:25) – In this video, you will learn how to create a pre-signed AKA expiring URL and why you would want to create this. You will learn a feature unique to CB S3 Explorer, which the video demonstrates using the expiring URL generated with CB S3 Explorer. An accompanying download file is included for use with this video.
- How To Create A Non-Admin User Account In IAM (5:39) – In a previous video, you learned how to create an Admin level user account in IAM. In this video, you will learn how to create a Non-Admin level user account. In the demo used in the video, the user account is created for a vendor that will have restricted access to just one bucket.
- Cyberduck (4:48) – Cyberduck is a 3rd party tool (User Interface) that connects your computer to your Amazon AWS account. Cyberduck is like an FTP client that works with PCs & Macs and is FREE! In this video, you will learn how to install and set up Cyberduck and connect it to your AWS account.
- Cyberduck & File Management (4:45) – Learn how to upload and download files and folders using Cyberduck. This video covers editing live files, metadata, permissions and other file management features.
- Cyberduck & Expiring URLs (2:15) – Learn how to generate an expiring (pre-signed) URL & the difference between doing this with Cyberduck and doing it with CB S3 Explorer (besides the fact that Cyberduck works with Macs & CB S3 Explorer doesn’t).
- Bucket Explorer (6:08) – Bucket Explorer is another 3rd party tool (UI) that acts like an FTP client between your computer (Mac & PC). In this video, you will learn how to install and set up Bucket Explorer to use with your AWS account. Additional tips are included on using Bucket Explorer.
- Bucket Explorer & File Management (6:40) – Bucket Explorer is a desktop application that provides users with an interface to explore & manage the data stored in their Amazon S3 Buckets. In this video, you will learn how to upload, download and generate URLs for your files using Bucket Explorer, how to copy or move files to other people’s AWS account, plus editing metadata and permissions and more.
- Bucket Explorer & Expiring URLs (4:00) – Learn how to set up and generate expiring (pre-signed) URLs using Bucket Explorer.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Console & File Management (6:29) – Learn how to use the AWS console to do manage most of your objects (files & folders). This video also includes a trick on how to generate an expiring URL which many people will tell you cannot be done within AWS. An accompanying download file is included for use with this video.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Console & File Encryption (5:17) – Learn how to give your S3 buckets military grade security by encrypting the files using AWS. This video also explains the difference between SSE & SSE-C and why the SSE is much easier than SSE-C.
- File Encryption Using The 3rd Party Tools (5:19) – In the previous video, you learned how to encrypt your S3 bucket files (objects) using your AWS console. In this video, you will learn how to encrypt & decrypt your S3 bucket files using Cloudberry S3 Explorer, Cyberduck & Bucket Explorer.
- How To Stream S3 Hosted Videos From A Static HTML Website (8:28) – One of the main reasons for using Amazon S3 to store your video files is to prevent your website from slowing down when people watch your streaming videos. In this video, you will learn step-by-step how to first prepare your videos before uploading them to your S3 bucket. You will then learn how to generate the proper embed code to place on a static HTML page so that the video will play on all browsers. Note: Combining these steps and the steps detailed in the bonus download file “S3 Bullet Proof Buckets” further below will prevent your videos from being stolen or hotlinked.
- How To Stream S3 Hosted Videos From A WordPress Website (7:12) – This video essentially contains the same information as the content shown in “How To Stream S3 Hosted Videos From A Static HTML Website” except this is specifically aimed at showing you how to stream video on a WordPress site. This video uses no-cost tools to prepare, embed and play streaming videos.
- S3 Bullet Proof Bucket (4:30) – This video shows you how to safeguard your internet content stored in Amazon S3 buckets. Accompanying download files are included for use with this video and show you how to prevent your videos from being stolen or hotlinked.
- Query String Authentication (7:19) – Query String Authentication is another way to secure your files. With Query String Authentication you can configure your images, PDFs & downloadable zip files to expire within a certain time frame, but these can then be ‘brought back to life’ simply by refreshing the page. This video also includes the required file and “copy & paste” code shown in the video.
- How To Transfer Files Between Different AWS Accounts (6:03) – In this video, you will learn how to gain access to someone else’s Amazon S3 bucket (on a different AWS account) allowing you to transfer objects back and forth between your bucket & theirs.
HOW TO USE FTP
This video course shows you how to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to upload and transfer files from your computer to your server.
- Warming Up To FTP (7:20) – In this video, you will learn the basics of FTP. The video covers FTP basics, what it is, and how it works.
- What You Need To Have Beforehand (6:36) – This video explains what you need before getting started.
- Getting Your Website Setup For File Transfer (2:23) – Once you’ve acquired your domain, web hosting, and FTP software, it’s time to connect your domain to your web hosting company. This video shows you step-by-step how to connect to your hosting server.
- Accessing Your Login Information (2:42) – Before you can connect to your FTP account using the Filezilla software, you will need your login information. This video shows you what you need to start using FTP and how to easily access your login details.
- Saving And Organizing Your Account Information In Filezilla (3:50) – Once you have your login information, you’ll want to be sure to organize your account information within Filezilla. This video shows you how to avoid frustration and time wasting by being properly organized.
- Connecting to your FTP Account In Filezilla (2:42) – In this video, you will learn how to connect to your FTP account so you can start uploading the necessary files to your website. This video also addresses problems you may face during the process and how to overcome these.
- Where Do You Upload To? (1:31) – Once you’ve logged into your server with your FTP account, you will see that your web files contain many different folders. This video helps you understand which folder in your server you should upload your files to, in order to transfer all of your website files correctly.
- Uploading to the Filezilla Manager (4:37) – This video shows you how to use the Filezilla manager to upload your files correctly.
- How To Delete, Copy, Move Files, Create Folders And More (4:40) – In this video, you’ll learn the basic things you can do while you are within the FTP program. You’ll learn vital tasks such as how to delete a file or folder, how to copy and move files and folders around, how to create a new folder in your server, and more.
- Live Website Rules 101 (2:54) – This video will help you get your site up and running. Once you understand how to upload and transfer files, there are some basic rules to keep in mind. This video addresses issues and problems you may run into when trying to make your site go live.
- Transfer Files Without FTP Software (7:07) – What happens if you are traveling and don’t have access to the computer in your home or office that has the FTP software installed? This video shows you ways to access your website using your browser without using FTP software.
This video course will help you learn the basics of using Google Tools like Google Analytics & Gmail.
- Gmail-User Interface Tour (6:42)
- Gmail-Customize UI (3:38)
- Gmail-Compose, Send & Receive (3:58)
- Gmail-General Settings (6:55)
- Gmail-Labels (4:22)
- Gmail-Tabs Feature (3:00)
- Gmail-Filters (4:27)
- Gmail-Contacts & Groups (5:28)
- Gmail-Labs (2:56)
- Gmail-Analytics (5:54)
- Google Analytics Account Setup (6:42)
- Google Analytics UI Tour (5:05)
- Google Analytics Customize Dashboard (7:05)
- Google Analytics Add Users (2:22)
- Google Analytics Creating Goals (10:12)
WORDPRESS CONFIGURATION – ADDITIONAL VIDEOS
- How To Clean Up A New WordPress Installation
- How To Create A Static Homepage In WordPress
- How To Set The Number Of Blog Posts On Your WordPress Home Page
- How To Add Custom Colors To WP Admin Color Scheme
- How To Revert WP Dashboard Color Scheme To WP Pre 3.8 Version
- WordPress Permalinks
- Must-Have WordPress Content Pages
- How To Embed Google Analytics Into Your WordPress Site
- How To Add And Delete WordPress Categories
- Using WordPress Tags
- Creating Visitor Friendly Sitemaps
- How To Launch To Search Engines & Ping Settings
- WP Yoast SEO Plugin
- SEO Posts And Pages
- How To Create An XML Sitemap
- Add An XML Sitemap To Google
- Additional FTP training videos (how to connect securely to your server, how to resume interrupted file transfers, exporting and importing Filezilla settings, how to view hidden files, etc.)
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been tested, reviewed, or certified by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, reviewed, or linked to this site.
Was this post useful? Feel free to share this article with others using the social links below.