Here at WPCompendium.org, our aim is to build “The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Beginners.” We’ve spent years creating the detailed tutorials on this site to take you step-by-step through the process of building, managing, and growing a WordPress-driven website … all at minimal cost and with no coding skills required.
This post explains the challenges we’ve addressed to turn WPCompendium.org into the “ultimate” WordPress step-by-step guide for beginners.
The Ultimate Guide About WordPress For Beginners
In order to create the “best“ WordPress step-by-step guide for beginners available, we’ve tried to address the challenges of training new WordPress users.
Some of these challenges include:
- How to educate an audience of non-technical end users about the benefits of using WordPress,
- How to keep all of the tutorials organized and up-to-date,
- How to present the content in logical, step-by-step sequence with no missing steps,
- How to deliver the information in a practical format that users can easily follow and readily apply to their own websites,
- How to make the information instantly accessible to users as they work through our WordPress training curriculum.
For a more detailed explanation, go here:
Many blogs, forums, and discussion groups provide WordPress tips and tutorials online, but most of these resources typically tend to be:
- Aimed at a technically-savvy audience (i.e. people who sell web services or want to learn how to write and edit code), not non-techie types like business/website owners who have no interest in learning how to code and just want results online, and
- Delivered in a format where the information is hard to keep up-to-date (e.g. PDF guides and videos). Without a proper document management system in place, it’s difficult to keep information organized and up-to-date, track which sections of the content have been updated, and know who has received which version of your content.
We have recently published a guide on Amazon called “WordPress For Beginners: The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Non-Techies!” In this guide, we explain that if we were to include the hundreds of detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials available on WPCompendium.org, the guide would be thousands of pages long and it would be extremely difficult to keep the information up-to-date.
Instead, we provide a special link at the end of the guide giving users access to WPTrainMe – our private WordPress training membership site, which contains links to all of the tutorials on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of video tutorials and a plugin that lets you access everything from your own WordPress dashboard.
For more details, go here: WordPress For Beginners Guide
All written tutorials on WPCompendium.org are free. The WordPress video tutorials can be accessed for a very low fee by downloading the WPTrainMe PRO edition of the plugin. Together, the written and video tutorials and plugin form a comprehensive and well-organized WordPress step-by-step training system for beginners that addresses all of the challenges we’ve described above.
The Ultimate Guide For Beginners About WordPress – Audience
Our WordPress tutorials are designed specifically for non-technical users and businesses who want to have complete control of their web presence.
(Learn WordPress For Free!)
Whether you are a home-based or small business, a medium to large company, a community-based group, church, school or non-profit organization, feel free to use our WordPress tutorials to learn how to build, manage, and grow a professional business website or personal blog with minimal cost and no coding skills required.
The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Beginners – Format
WordPress is continually changing and evolving. This makes updating content in PDF files and videos difficult.
(WordPress regularly releases new updates! Source: WordPress Versions)
We have chosen to build the “ultimate guide for beginners about WordPress” online, as this allows us to keep all of the content regularly updated, add additional information when required, keep everything organized in logical sequence, and fully interlink related content for ease of navigation.
The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Beginners – Content
We provide comprehensive written tutorials about WordPress with detailed step-by-step instructions and thousands of screenshots. Our tutorials will help you:
- Understand WordPress
- Plan Your WordPress Website Or Blog
- Install WordPress On Your Domain
- Configure WordPress Settings
- Master Using WordPress
- Expand Your WordPress Site With Plugins
- Customize Your WordPress Site
- Manage Your WordPress Site
- Optimize Your WordPress Site
- Keep Your WordPress Site Secure
- Grow Your Business Online With WordPress
This site will continue to be a work in progress and we will continue adding new tutorials on a regular basis. To be notified when we add new tutorials to WPCompendium.org, please subscribe to our updates list below and be sure to like our Facebook Page.
The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide For Beginners About WordPress – Latest Updates
This section will help you keep track of our completed training modules:
Update – November 26, 2017
We have now added over 430 WordPress tutorials.
Update – June 14, 2017
We are now approaching 350 WordPress tutorials on WPCompendium.org. We’ve also made a number of improvements to our WordPress user tutorials plugin , including raising the number of tutorials available to FREE plugin edition users.
Update – August 10, 2016
We’ve just added our 200th Free WordPress step-by-step tutorial to WPCompendium.org! More WordPress tutorials are on their way 🙂
Update – July 21, 2016
We have completed adding tutorials for the following WordPress training modules:
- WordPress Overview Tutorials – Learn what WordPress is and discover the benefits of using WordPress.
- Website Planning Tutorials – These tutorials will help you plan your new website or blog.
- WordPress Installation Tutorials – These tutorials will take you step-by-step through the entire process of installing WordPress on your domain.
We are currently working on the tutorials for the WordPress Configuration Tutorials module, which show you how to configure your WordPress settings. The first tutorial in this series explains how to clean up a new WordPress installation.
(WPCompendium.org – The Ultimate Guide About WordPress For Beginners)
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com