Due to licensing restrictions, we cannot display videos on WPCompendium.org for free. We do, however, provide a complete library of How To Install WordPress video tutorials inside our WordPress training membership site at WPTrainMe.com (PRO Edition).
WPTrainMe (PRO Edition) includes all of the comprehensive WordPress step-by-step tutorials we publish on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of high-quality video tutorials and a plugin that lets you access everything inside your own WordPress Dashboard.
To learn how you can become a member of WPTrainMe for a very low one-time fee, see our special offer page.
How To Install WordPress Video Tutorials
You can access the WordPress installation video tutorials listed below inside the WPTrainMe members’ area (or purchase the videos for your own personal use here):
BUILD A WORDPRESS SITE FAST
Need a new website or blog in a hurry? This video series shows you how to build and configure a WordPress website or blog fast! These videos will help you get a new WordPress site up and running in no time.
- WordPress History (2:31) – A brief look at how WordPress began and the people that made WordPress possible.
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org (4:41) – The pros and cons of using the hosted and free versions of WordPress.
- Overview Of WordPress Version 4.5 (5:18) – WordPress v. 4.5 is a major upgrade. This video explains some of the main changes and new / added features.
- Installing WordPress Manually With cPanel (8:23) – In this video, you will learn how to install WordPress quickly and securely using cPanel. This is the recommended method of installing WordPress on your domain.
- Installing WordPress Manually With FTP (7:57) – In this video, you will learn how to install WordPress quickly and securely using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). This method can be used if you do not have cPanel.
- Installing WordPress Automatically With cPanel (6:40) – This video explains how to install WordPress fast using installation software like Softaculous or Simple Scripts.
- WordPress Dashboard Tour (6:21) – Overview of the WordPress administration panel and how to access the main features of WordPress.
- WordPress Post-Installation Cleanup (6:54) – How to clean up a new WordPress installation and overview of the main steps and settings.
- Post Revisions and AutoSaves (8:37) – Learn about WordPress features like auto backup, autosave and post revisions.
- WordPress Settings – General (4:41) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > General section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Writing (6:15) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Writing section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Reading (4:52) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Reading section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Discussion (6:35) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Discussion section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Media (2:05) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Media section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Permalinks (4:07) – Learn how to configure settings in the Settings > Permalinks section in your WordPress Dashboard.
- WordPress Settings – Limit Login Attempts (3:20) – Learn how to configure the settings for the Limit Login Attempts plugin (if installing WordPress using the method described in video #5.
HOW TO USE CPANEL
This comprehensive set of videos explains how to use the main features of cPanel with professional step-by-step screencast recordings.
- Introduction to cPanel (5:44) – This video provides an introduction to cPanel and its main features.
- cPanel Preferences Section (4:39) – This video explains how to use the cPanel Preferences section and introduces its main features.
- cPanel Mail Section (7:42) – Learn how to use the cPanel Mail section.
- cPanel Files Section (7:55) – This video explains how to use the cPanel Files section and provides an overview of the different functions and features available in this panel.
- cPanel Logs Section (5:16) – Learn how to use the cPanel Logs section.
- cPanel Security Section (8:25) – Learn how to use the cPanel Security section.
- cPanel Domains Section (7:24) – Learn how to use the cPanel Domains section.
- cPanel Database Section (5:47) – Learn how to use the cPanel Database section.
- cPanel Software & Services Section (5:41) – Learn how to use the cPanel Software & Services section.
- cPanel Advanced Section (7:39) – This video provides an overview of the cPanel Advanced section.
- How To Create Email Forwarders In cPanel (2:08) – Learn how to set up email forwarding in cPanel.
- How To Create Email Filters In cPanel (7:25) – Learn how to set up email filters in cPanel.
- How To Create A MySQL Database (6:44) – Learn how to create a MySQL database in cPanel.
- How To Set Up Password-Protected Folders (2:53) – Learn how to create password-protected folders and directories in cPanel.
- The Difference Between Parked, Sub & Addon Domains (2:41) – This video explains the difference between parked domains, addon domains, and subdomains.
- How To Create Cron Jobs In cPanel (4:29) – This video explains what cron jobs are and how to create cron jobs in cPanel.
- How To Create Custom Error Pages In cPanel (5:33) – This video explains how to create custom error pages in cPanel.
- How To Change cPanel Password (2:11) – This video explains how to change your cPanel password.
- How To Change cPanel Contact Info (1:50) – This video explains how to change your cPanel contact info.
- What Is A Spoofed Email (3:00) – This video explains what a “spoof” email is (video #21 explains how to prevent email spoofing).
- How To Enable SPF Email Authentication In cPanel (7:27) – This video explains how to enable SPF Email Authentication on your server to help prevent email spoofing (explained in video #20).
- How To Log Into Webmail (2:48) – This video explains how to access webmail clients in cPanel.
HOW TO USE FTP
This video course shows you how to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to upload and transfer files from your computer to your server.
- Warming Up To FTP (7:20) – In this video, you will learn the basics of FTP. The video covers FTP basics, what it is, and how it works.
- What You Need To Have Beforehand (6:36) – This video explains what you need before getting started.
- Getting Your Website Setup For File Transfer (2:23) – Once you’ve acquired your domain, web hosting, and FTP software, it’s time to connect your domain to your web hosting company. This video shows you step-by-step how to connect to your hosting server.
- Accessing Your Login Information (2:42) – Before you can connect to your FTP account using the Filezilla software, you will need your login information. This video shows you what you need to start using FTP and how to easily access your login details.
- Saving And Organizing Your Account Information In Filezilla (3:50) – Once you have your login information, you’ll want to be sure to organize your account information within Filezilla. This video shows you how to avoid frustration and time wasting by being properly organized.
- Connecting to your FTP Account In Filezilla (2:42) – In this video, you will learn how to connect to your FTP account so you can start uploading the necessary files to your website. This video also addresses problems you may face during the process and how to overcome these.
- Where Do You Upload To? (1:31) – Once you’ve logged into your server with your FTP account, you will see that your web files contain many different folders. This video helps you understand which folder in your server you should upload your files to, in order to transfer all of your website files correctly.
- Uploading to the Filezilla Manager (4:37) – This video shows you how to use the Filezilla manager to upload your files correctly.
- How To Delete, Copy, Move Files, Create Folders And More (4:40) – In this video, you’ll learn the basic things you can do while you are within the FTP program. You’ll learn vital tasks such as how to delete a file or folder, how to copy and move files and folders around, how to create a new folder in your server, and more.
- Live Website Rules 101 (2:54) – This video will help you get your site up and running. Once you understand how to upload and transfer files, there are some basic rules to keep in mind. This video addresses issues and problems you may run into when trying to make your site go live.
- Transfer Files Without FTP Software (7:07) – What happens if you are traveling and don’t have access to the computer in your home or office that has the FTP software installed? This video shows you ways to access your website using your browser without using FTP software.
HOW TO USE SOFTACULOUS
Softaculous is a commercial script library that automates the installation of commercial and open source web applications to websites and is generally located on web hosting panels such as cPanel. This video tutorial series shows you how to use Softaculous to install WordPress.
- Comparing Softaculous vs Fantastico (1:36)
- Softaculous Walk Through (5:50)
- Overview of Scripts in Softaculous (6:25)
- How to Install WordPress (5:32)
- How to Edit Installation Details (1:58)
- How to Backup Installed Software (1:44)
- How to Uninstall Software (0:52)
This video course will help you learn the basics of using Google Tools like Google Analytics & Gmail.
- Gmail-User Interface Tour (6:42)
- Gmail-Customize UI (3:38)
- Gmail-Compose, Send & Receive (3:58)
- Gmail-General Settings (6:55)
- Gmail-Labels (4:22)
- Gmail-Tabs Feature (3:00)
- Gmail-Filters (4:27)
- Gmail-Contacts & Groups (5:28)
- Gmail-Labs (2:56)
- Gmail-Analytics (5:54)
- Google Analytics Account Setup (6:42)
- Google Analytics UI Tour (5:05)
- Google Analytics Customize Dashboard (7:05)
- Google Analytics Add Users (2:22)
- Google Analytics Creating Goals (10:12)
GOOGLE KEYWORD PLANNER
This tutorial series explains how to use the Google keyword planning and research tool. Areas covered include understanding the differences between the old Google keyword tool and the new keyword planner, understanding the 4 main types of keyword searches the tool makes available, keyword search examples using the keyword planner tool, and niche market research for building a search-optimized WordPress site.
- Google Keyword Planner #1 – Part 1 of this video tutorial series focuses on understanding the differences between the old Google keyword tool and the new keyword planner.
- Google Keyword Planner #2 – Part 2 of this video tutorial series focuses on understanding the 4 main types of keyword searches the tool makes available.
- Google Keyword Planner #3 – Part 3 of this video tutorial series focuses on keyword search examples using the keyword planner tool.
- Google Keyword Planner #4 – Part 4 of this video tutorial series focuses on niche market research for building a search-optimized WordPress site.
WORDPRESS INSTALLATION – ADDITIONAL VIDEOS
- How To Buy A Domain Name
- How To Buy Webhosting
- How To Set Up A Nameserver
- How To Set Up Addon Domains & SubDomains
- Additional FTP training videos (how to connect securely to your server, how to resume interrupted file transfers, exporting and importing Filezilla settings, how to view hidden files, etc.)
This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorial series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress, Automattic, or any products promoted on this website. We may derive an affiliate commission of financial benefit from the sale of services or products advertised on our website. All images are the copyright of their respective owners and have been used only for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, please take a moment and share this page with others using the share buttons below.