Your digital presence must comply with many federal, state and even local laws and regulations, many of which you may probably not even be aware of.
Being non-compliant not only puts you at risk of suffering serious financial loss, but also the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and your business reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and very inexpensive WordPress solution that can help make your site fully compliant in minutes.
Does Your Website Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the internet continues growing at an extraordinary rate and rules keep changing, it’s vitally important to stay informed about what’s happening and to make sure that your website remains compliant with all laws and regulations, especially if your web presence is a fundamental component of your overall business strategy.
If there are no legal pages on your web site (e.g. terms of service, privacy statement, financial disclaimers, etc.), many third-party sites like Google won’t let you advertise, digital marketplaces like ClickBank won’t approve your digital products on their network, PayPal may shut down your account and withhold payment of your funds, Facebook will suspend your web applications, and you will not be allowed into various leading advertising or merchant networks.
You could also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to legal action.
At the very least, if you don’t make it clear to your visitors that your digital properties comply with legal requirements and regulatory guidelines, trust and confidence in your business may become an issue.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, almost all 3rd-party services require you to comply with their policies and guidelines!)
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on our website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with mandatory laws that govern your business,
- How important it is to be compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are offering or endorsing online, and
- There are plugin-based solutions for WordPress users that can help your site become compliant, such as the plugin that we review in this article.
In this article, you will learn about a complete compliance and disclaimer solution for your WordPress-based online presence.
Today’s WordPress Plugin Is …
Compliance Bar Plugin – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Compliance Bar is a total compliance & disclaimer solution for your digital business …
Go here to learn more: Compliance Bar Plugin
Here we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Compliance Bar Plugin to instantly make your website legally compliant:
Fast And Easy To Install And Use. Ready To Use In Minutes.
Compliance Bar Plugin is very easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP administrator login and activate.
Easy To Edit Templates
You can easily modify the default legal templates inside the plugin from the settings menu using the WYSIWYG editor.
24/7 Plugin Support
Compliance Bar plugin provides a dedicated support team to help you if you experience any problems.
Some additional benefits of this plugin include:
- Customized Templates: Compliance Bar creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and a complete library of training videos is provided.
- Can Be Used Anywhere In The World: As long as you consult someone who is qualified to give you legal advice to ascertain if the built-in templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Use For Every Website Purpose: As long as your website or blog is built with WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers that pertain to your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore those that are not necessary.
Compliance Bar Features
Compliance Bar Plugin offers many unique features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and use. Be up and running in minutes.
- Display Attractive Icon Bar – Display links to your compliance pages using attractive icons that can be placed anywhere in your page. You can also upload your own icons.
- Show Sensitive Information – If you plan to show content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, ecigs, adult-related, etc.), you can display popups that force users to accept your website’s terms or disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If you do business in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you must be aware of EU compliance requirements. The plugin displays an attractive bar that notifies your visitors and protects your site from non-compliance.
- Records & Stores IP Addresses – The plugin can record and store your visitors’ IP address for reference, just in case someone accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcodes – The plugin is integrated with shortcodes to populate templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (even in the popups).
- Mobile Friendly – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices or tablets and will display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on the mobile browser being used.
Using The Plugin
Once you have installed the Compliance Bar plugin, a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured will be added to your WordPress admin area.
Let’s go through these settings briefly …
There are a number of default fields in this screen where your business details can be input (e.g. “Website URL,” “Support Email,” “Location Details,” “Niche Area,” etc.). Not all categories are compulsory, but some are (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Registered Business Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Section – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
The plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to insert the information you have input into your User Profile fields into your legal pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page: Shortcodes – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required (i.e. compulsory) information has been entered into the profile fields, you can then access the other plugin screens.
The “Compliance Pages” screen includes a list of all of the plugin’s compliance pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Page Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Last time we checked the plugin website, there were over 22 legal templates available to WordPress users:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- Adult Content Disclosure
You can create legal pages for your website quickly and easily by simply selecting checkboxes and clicking ”Save” on the “Compliance Pages” area …
(Compliance Bar: Legal Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin comes with a built-in set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
The Compliance Bar icons are customizable. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Page Icons – Image source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Templates
You can easily customize and delete the compliance pages from the “Compliance Pages” screen, just as you would any typical WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Legal Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin notifies you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. compliance pages created before installing the plugin).
You have many options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, selecting which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your front page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to show different disclaimers on different pages, or to cover different uses in different areas of your website.
- The plugin allows you to display a Compliance Bar on the main page of your website, even if you are using particular themes (like Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a normal “static” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile device screens, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your compliance pages using a visually appealing icon bar on your site …
You have complete control over the location on your pages where you would like your compliance icons to be featured …
If you plan to display content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, adult-related, etc.), you can display popups that require users to accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” screen lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Image source: plugin documentation)
You can create unlimited customized Pop Ups for different pages, or to cover a multitude of uses in other areas of your site …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want the Pop Ups to display as soon as visitors arrive, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time period, and even record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
The plugin lets you customize the settings for compliance with EU Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” tab …
(EU Cookies Screen: Manage Settings – Image source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” area, lists all of your compliance templates and shortcodes, and lets you edit their content …
The “General Settings” area, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin update notifications …
Feedback From Plugin Customers
Below are just a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have published about the Compliance Bar plugin:
”WOW” Shon Chris – Director (JV Peer Group)
”Truly Amazing Product!” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Compliance Bar Plugin – Useful Tips
Below are a few additional ways to use Compliance Bar:
- Display compliance icons only on specific pages.
- Minimize refund disputes by clearly spelling out the refund terms before customers purchase.
- If your website published adult content, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to view your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated 24/7 plugin support to assist users with anything they need. Plugin users also have access to a complete library of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your edition of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (Monday to Friday), your purchase price will be refunded in double.
- Single – Can be installed on a single domain. Cost = $47 (Normally $127)
- Business – Can be installed on up to 25 of your own sites. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer Licensing – Install the plugin on all as many of your own domains as you like. Can be installed on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Please Note: Pricing for Compliance Bar Plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software sells for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar Plugin – Additional Info
Legal Templates Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers state on their website that all legal templates have already been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get professional advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Get The Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites and blogs. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For more details, visit the plugin website here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Disclaimer: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice here. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with the law in your country or region.