Your internet presence must comply with many laws and regulations, many of which you are probably not even aware of.
Being non-compliant not only puts you at risk of incurring significant financial costs, but also the loss of your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so easily and inexpensively?
In this article, we look at a simple and cost-effective WordPress solution that can help make your website legally compliant just minutes.
Is Your Website Legally Compliant?
As the internet continues growing at an extraordinary rate and rules are constantly changing, it’s important that you stay on top of what’s happening and to make sure that your website or blog remains legal, especially if your online presence is a fundamental component of your business strategy.
If you do not display certain legal pages on your website (e.g. terms of service, privacy statement, financial disclaimers, etc.), many third-party sites like Google won’t let you advertise, digital marketplaces like ClickBank won’t let you list your digital products on their network, PayPal could close down your account and freeze your funds, Facebook and many other social sites will suspend your apps, and you will not be allowed into various advertising or merchant networks.
Plus, you may also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to litigation.
At the very least, if you don’t make it clear to your visitors that your site complies with all legal requirements and regulations, visitors may lose trust and confidence in your business.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this post is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to various legal requirements in accordance with federal, state or local laws that govern your business (some of which you may probably not even be aware of),
- The importance of being compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are promoting or using on your website, and
- There are easy solutions that can help your site become compliant, such as the plugin that we discuss below.
In this article, you will learn about a simple WordPress plugin that provides a complete compliance & disclaimer solution for your web presence.
Today’s WordPress Plugin Is …
Compliance Bar Plugin – WordPress Legal Plugin
Compliance Bar Plugin is a total compliance & disclaimer solution for your digital business …
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Compliance Bar Plugin
Here we have listed just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Compliance Bar to make your website or blog instantly compliant:
Quick And Easy To Install And Implement. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Compliance Bar Plugin is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress admin account and activate.
Easily modify the pre-built legal templates inside the plugin from the settings menu with the WordPress WYSIWYG content editor.
24/7 Plugin Support
The plugin developers provide dedicated plugin support to help you with anything you need.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Customized Legal Page Templates: The Compliance Bar plugin will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training Library: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and a complete library of training videos is available if you need assistance.
- Use In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to ascertain if the built-in legal templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever you are located.
- Can Be Used For All Website Purposes: As long as your website is built with WordPress, you can use the plugin for all website purposes. Select only the types of disclaimers that pertain to your particular business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, business services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore any templates that you don’t need.
Compliance Bar Plugin offers many features to WP users. Below we have listed just some:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Display Visually Appealing Icons – Compliance Bar displays links to your compliance pages in the form of attractive icons that can be placed on different locations on your pages. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Restricted Information – If you plan to publish content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), Compliance Bar can display pop-ups that force users to accept your website’s terms and disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If you are based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies users and covers your site from non-compliance.
- Record And Store IP Addresses – The plugin can record your visitors’ IP address for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcode Driven – The plugin uses shortcodes that automatically populate compliance pages with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (including the pop-ups).
- Works On All Mobile Devices – Compliance Bar has settings for displaying on mobile devices or tablets and displays mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor mobile browsers.
Using The Plugin
After installing and activating the Compliance Bar plugin, you will have access to a number of settings.
Let’s briefly review these areas …
There are a number of default fields in this screen where your information can be input (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Registered Address,” “Contact Phone,” “Niche Market,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Business Name,” “Support Email,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar User Profile Screen – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
The plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to populate and display the information from your User Profile in your legal templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section: Shortcodes – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required data has been input into the user profile fields, users can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” screen lists all of the compliance pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
Here’s the full list of templates made available by the Compliance Bar plugin when we last checked their website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- Adult Content Disclosure
You can create compliance pages for your website quite easily simply by selecting checkboxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Compliance Pages” tab …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Pages – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a built-in set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The icons are customizable. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Template Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Templates
You can easily customize and delete the legal disclaimer templates in the “Compliance Pages” tab, just like any typical page in WordPress …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
- Editing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin indicates if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before you installed the plugin).
The plugin settings area provides various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, selecting which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your main page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, etc. …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to show different icons on different pages, or to cover a range of uses in other areas of your site.
- The plugin lets you display the Compliance Bar on the home page of your site, even if you are using particular WordPress themes (like Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your legal using dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have complete control over the location on your pages where you would like to feature your compliance icons …
If your site has content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, ecigs, adult-related, etc.), the plugin can display popups that blocks access to visitors who do not accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” screen lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up displaying on different pages, or to cover various uses in other sections of your site …
You can also specify a delay time to prevent Pop Ups from displaying as soon as visitors arrive, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from displaying again within a specific time interval, and even record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Screen: IP Log Details – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
If you do business in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
Compliance Bar lets you customize the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” tab …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” screen, lists all of your legal templates and shortcodes, and lets you modify their content …
The “General Settings” menu, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin updates …
Here are a couple of the testimonials and comments plugin users have published about Compliance Bar:
”I got a chance to review the Compliance Bar plugin…WOW!! I have to say that its definitely one of the most NECESSARY, yet easiest to use plugin’s to hit the scene in a while. Very Solid Product. Great job Anton & team!” Shon Chris – Director (JV Peer Group)
”Truly Amazing Product!” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Below are a few useful ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages of your site only.
- Ending refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before purchase.
- If your website contains content that is deemed inappropriate for minors, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to view your content.
Plugin Developers provide users with a dedicated support team to assist users with anything they need. You also have access to complete video training manuals.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% refund guarantee. If your version of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (M – F), the plugin developers will refund twice the cost of purchasing.
- Single – Can be installed on a single domain that you own. Cost = $47 (Normally $127)
- Business – Install the plugin on twenty-five of your own sites. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer Licensing – Can be installed on all sites that you own. Install the plugin on all client sites as part of a paid service. Cost = $97.00.
Please Note: Current pricing for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin retails for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price here: Compliance Bar
Compliance Bar – Additional Information
Legal Templates Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers assure users on their website that all legal page templates have already been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Install This Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-powered sites. We recommend installing this WordPress plugin if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Legal Disclaimer: Once again, we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice in this article. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way of ensuring that your website fully complies with the law wherever your business is based.