Your website needs to comply with numerous laws and regulatory guidelines, many of which you are probably not even aware of.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of suffering serious financial losses and the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so easily and inexpensively?
In this post, we look at a simple and very inexpensive WordPress solution that can help make your site compliant in minutes.
Is Your Site Legally Compliant?
As the cybersphere continues growing at breakneck speed and the rules keep changing, it’s important that you stay informed about what’s happening and to make sure that your site remains compliant with all laws and regulations, especially if your digital presence is a significant aspect of your overall business strategy.
Plus, you could also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits.
At the very least, without making it very clear to your visitors that your site complies with legal requirements and regulatory guidelines, expect visitor trust and confidence in your business to be irrepairably diminished.
Disclaimer: We are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this post is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to numerous legal requirements in accordance with compulsory laws and regulations that govern your business (some of which you may not even be aware of),
- How important it is to maintain compliance with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be promoting or endorsing on your website, and
- There are solutions for WordPress users that can help your business become more compliant, such as the tool that we review in this post.
In this article, you will learn about a simple plugin for WordPress users that provides a complete compliance & disclaimer solution for your website.
Our WordPress Plugin Of The Month Is …
Compliance Bar – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar is a complete compliance & disclaimer solution for your site …
Go here to learn more: Compliance Bar
Here are just some of the benefits of using Compliance Bar to instantly make your site legally compliant:
Fast And Easy To Install And Use. Ready To Use In Minutes.
Compliance Bar installs just like any plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WP administrator account and activate.
Editable Page Templates
Easily modify the pre-built legal templates inside the plugin from the settings menu using the WordPress visual editor.
Compliance Bar plugin provides a dedicated support team to help users with anything they need.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Customized Legal Pages: Compliance Bar creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and a full library of training videos is available if you need help.
- Use In Every Country: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to ascertain if the built-in legal page templates provided with the plugin are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Use For All Niches: If your site is powered by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers that suit your particular business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore any pages that you don’t need.
Compliance Bar Features
Compliance Bar Plugin offers a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Be up and running in minutes.
- Show Attractive Icon Bar – Compliance Bar displays links to your compliance pages using attractive icons that can be placed on different locations on your page. You can also upload your own icons.
- Display Restricted Information – If your site publishes content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that force users to accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If you do business in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. The plugin displays an attractive bar notifying your visitors and covering your website from non-compliance issues.
- Record & Store IP Addresses – Compliance Bar records the IP addresses of your visitors for future reference, just in case someone accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcodes – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes that automatically populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (even in the popups).
- Mobile Friendly – Compliance Bar has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices or tablets and displays mobile optimized icons automatically based on visitor browsers.
Features – Details
Once you have installed the Compliance Bar plugin, you will have access to a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured.
Let’s briefly review these …
There are a number of default categories in this area where you can input your business information into input (e.g. “Website URL,” “Company Address,” “Location Details,” “Refund Period,” etc.). Not all categories are compulsory, but some are (e.g. “Website URL,” “Support Desk URL,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Screen – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
The plugin uses shortcodes to insert the information from your User Profile in your legal page templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section: Shortcodes – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required data has been input into the plugin settings fields, users can then access the other plugin section.
The “Compliance Pages” area includes a list of all of the compliance templates …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Pages – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Here’s the complete list of templates made available by the Compliance Bar plugin when we last checked the website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can create legal pages for your website quickly and easily by simply selecting checkboxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Compliance Pages” section …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added inside the “Pages” section of your WordPress site.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a default set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The Compliance Bar icons are customizable. You can purchase an additional set of icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Page Template Icons – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Page Templates
You can modify and delete the compliance pages in the “Compliance Pages” screen, just as you would any typical WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Edit Compliance Page Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing your compliance pages is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin notifies you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. legal pages created before you installed the plugin).
You have various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, selecting which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your front page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- You can create unlimited Compliance Bars to display different disclaimers on different pages, or to cover various uses throughout your website.
- The plugin lets you display the Compliance Bar on the main page of your website, even if you are using particular 3rd-party themes (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a normal “static” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have specified your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your compliance pages using dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have complete control over the location on your pages where you would like to display the compliance icons …
If you plan to publish content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, dating, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that force users to accept your website’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” screen lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Image source: plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up for different pages, or to cover a range of uses throughout your site …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want the Pop Ups to display immediately, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from displaying again within a specific time interval, and record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
Compliance Bar lets you manage the settings for compliance with EU Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” screen …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” area, lists all of your compliance pages and shortcodes, and lets you modify the page content …
The “General Settings” screen, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin update notifications …
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback users have submitted regarding the Compliance Bar Plugin plugin:
”One of the Best Plugins I Have Used” Ray Lane – (The Video Guy)
”I wanted to reach out & say Compliance Bar is a truly amazing product for keeping my online marketing efforts on the right side of the internet laws. Not only does it look fantastic on my sites, it is also intuitive and robustly powerful. It is packed full of features to allow me the flexibility to control exactly what my visitors need to see and know” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Compliance Bar – Useful Tips
Below are a few extra ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons only on specific pages.
- Ending refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before customers purchase.
- If your website contains content that is inappropriate for persons below a certain age, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to view your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated 24/7 plugin support to help you if you experience any problems. You also have access to a complete library of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% refund guarantee. If your edition of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 business hours (Monday to Friday), the plugin developers will refund twice the amount of your purchasing price.
- Single User Licensing – Can be installed on 1 site that you own. Cost = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business – Install the plugin on up to 25 of your own domains. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Professional – Can be installed on all as many of your own domains as you like. Install the plugin on any client site for payment or part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: Pricing details of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the product is being retailed for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar – Additional Info
Legal Page Templates Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers state on their website that all legal templates have been reviewed and approved by a leading lawyer. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get legal advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar website.
The Bottom Line
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress websites. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Compliance Bar – Compliance Bar Plugin – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Legal Disclaimer: Once again, we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on our website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with all legal requirements wherever your business is based.