If your website isn’t compliant with laws designed to protect consumers, you’re breaking the law.
Being non-compliant not only puts you at risk of suffering serious financial loss, but also the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and easy-to-use WordPress solution that can help make your website fully compliant just minutes.
Does Your Website Comply With The Law?
As the digital business realm continues growing at breakneck speed and the rules keep changing, it’s important that you stay informed about what’s going on and to make sure that your website remains legal, especially if your digital presence is a fundamental aspect of your business strategy.
You may also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits.
At the very least, if your business online is not in compliance, it could affect your visitors trust and confidence about doing business with you in the future.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, most third-party services require you to comply with their policies!)
Disclaimer: We are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on our website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to various legal requirements in accordance with federal, state or local laws that govern your business (some of which you may probably not even be aware of),
- How important it is to remain compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be promoting or using on your website, and
- There are easy solutions for WordPress site owners that can help your business become more compliant, such as the tool that we review in this article.
In this article, we review a complete compliance & disclaimer plugin for your WordPress-based website.
Today’s WordPress Plugin Is …
Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Compliance Bar Plugin is an easy-to-install and simple-to-use WordPress plugin with over twenty customizable compliance disclaimer templates for your web presence …
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Compliance Bar Plugin
Here we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Compliance Bar to make your website or blog instantly legally compliant:
Fast And Easy To Install And Implement. Be Up And Running In No Time.
Compliance Bar installs just like every plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your administrator section and activate.
Templates Are Really Easy To Edit
Easily edit the built-in legal templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu using the WYSIWYG editor.
Dedicated Plugin Support Team
Compliance Bar provides dedicated 24/7 plugin support to help you with anything you need.
Additional benefits of using this plugin include the following:
- Customized Compliance Pages: Compliance Bar creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training Library: Compliance Bar is not complicated to use - an entire library of training videos is provided.
- Can Be Used In Every Country: As long as you consult someone who is qualified to give you legal advice to make sure that the built-in legal page templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Use For All Niches: As long as your site is built with WordPress, you can use the plugin for all website purposes. Select only the types of disclaimers which pertain to your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore any pages that you don’t require.
Compliance Bar Features
Compliance Bar Plugin provides many unique features to website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- Display Attractive Icon Bar – Display links to your compliance pages in the form of attractive icons that can be positioned on different locations in your pages. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Sensitive Information – If your website contains content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, adult-related, etc.), Compliance Bar can display pop-ups that force users to accept your terms and disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If your business is based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must be aware of EU Cookie law. The plugin displays an attractive bar notifying visitors and covering your business from non-compliance issues.
- Record & Store IP Acceptance – Compliance Bar records the IP addresses of your visitors for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcodes – The plugin is integrated with shortcodes to populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site or blog, (even in the pop-ups).
- Mobile Friendly – Compliance Bar has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and can display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor browsers.
Compliance Bar Plugin Features – Details
After installing and activating the Compliance Bar plugin, you will then have access to a number of settings.
Let’s go through these briefly …
There are a number of default categories in this screen where you can enter your information into entered (e.g. “Business Name,” “Support Desk URL,” “Contact Phone,” “Market Niche,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Website URL,” “Support Email,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar User Profile Screen – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to insert and display the information into your page templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section: Shortcodes – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been input into the profile fields, you can then access the other plugin section.
The “Compliance Pages” screen lists all of the templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Templates – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Last time we checked the plugin website, there were over 20 legal page templates available:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can easily and quickly create compliance pages for your website or blog simply by selecting checkboxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Create Pages” section …
(Compliance Bar: Legal Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin comes with a built-in set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
Icons can be changed. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar: Legal Page Template Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Page Templates
You can modify and delete your compliance disclaimer templates from the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any other page in WordPress …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Legal Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing your legal pages is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin will notify you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before installing the plugin).
The plugin offers various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, whether to show links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, selecting which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your main page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and more …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to display different icons on different pages, or to cover a range of uses throughout your website.
- The plugin lets you display a Compliance Bar on the front page of your website, even if you are using particular theme frameworks (like Genesis, Thesis or Woo), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a normal “static” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile screens, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your compliance pages through a visually attractive icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like the compliance icons to be featured …
If your website includes content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, adult content, etc.), the plugin can display pop-ups that force users to accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” page gives you complete control over the settings and customization of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
You can create multiple Pop Ups for different pages, or to cover various uses in other areas of your website …
You can also specify a delay time if you don’t want Pop Ups to display immediately, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from displaying again within a specific time interval, and store the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
If your business is based in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
Compliance Bar lets you customize the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” tab …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Image source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” tab, lists all of your legal page templates and shortcodes, and lets you edit their content …
The “General Settings” screen, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin updates …
Feedback From Users
Below are a couple of the testimonials that customers have published about Compliance Bar:
”When I got my hands on Compliance Bar, I knew I needed help to be compliant, but I had no idea how much danger I was in, nor did I know all of the different things I needed to be compliant. Once I installed Compliance Bar, I was able to very quickly add all the items I needed to ensure I didn’t end up getting fined by various agencies, or have my site pulled from Google. The best part is that getting it all set up took only minutes, and I know that I am far safer than I was. Compliance Bar is one of the best plugins I have used in a long time.” Ray Lane – (The Video Guy)
”You wouldn’t drive a car around without insurance…so don’t RISK your online business by neglecting a simple, but important detail: website compliance. Grab your copy of Compliance Bar & protect yourself today!” Mike Thomas (The Mike From Maine Show)
Compliance Bar Plugin Tips
Here are a few additional ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages of your site only.
- End refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before customers purchase.
- If you publish content that is considered inappropriate for persons below a certain age on your site, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with a dedicated plugin support team to help you with anything you need. Plugin users also have access to a complete set of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, 30 day, 200% refund guarantee. If your edition of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hrs (Monday to Friday), your cost of purchase will be refunded in double.
- Single – Can be installed on a single site. Price = $47 (Normally $127)
- Business License Edition – Can be installed on up to twenty-five of your own domains. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer – Install the plugin on all of your own sites. Can be installed on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: Pricing details of the Compliance Bar Plugin software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software is selling for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar
Compliance Bar Plugin – Additional Info
Legal Pages Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers state on their website that all legal templates have been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get legal advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Get This Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites. We recommend downloading and installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar – WP Compliance Plugin
Note: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice in this article. Do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website is compliant with all legal requirements wherever your business is based.