Your internet presence has to comply with a number of laws, many of which you may not even be aware of.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of suffering significant financial losses and the loss of your reputation. Why risk your money and your good reputation, when you can protect yourself so easily and inexpensively?
In this article, we look at a simple and cost-effective WordPress solution that can help make your site compliant just minutes.
Does Your Site Comply With The Law?
As the internet continues growing at an extraordinary rate and the rules are constantly changing, it’s important to stay informed about what’s happening and to make sure that your website remains legally compliant, especially if your web presence is an essential component of your business strategy.
If there are no legal pages on your web site (e.g. terms of service, privacy statement, legal disclaimers, etc.), many third-party sites like Google won’t let you advertise, digital marketplaces like ClickBank will not let you list your digital products for sale, PayPal could shut down your account and freeze your funds, Facebook and other social sites could suspend your applications, and you will not be allowed into most advertising and merchant networks.
Plus, you could also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits or legal action.
At the very least, if you don’t make it clear to your visitors that your digital properties comply with legal requirements and regulations, it could impact on your visitors trust and confidence in doing future business with you.
Legal Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on our website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to various legal requirements in accordance with mandatory federal, state or local laws that govern your business,
- The importance of maintaining compliance with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are promoting or using online, and
- There are solutions that can help your business become more compliant, such as the solution that we discuss below.
In this article, you will learn about a simple plugin for WordPress users that provides a complete compliance and disclaimer solution for your site.
Compliance Bar – WordPress Compliance Plugin
Compliance Bar is a complete compliance & disclaimer solution for your website …
More info: Compliance Bar
Below are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Compliance Bar Plugin to instantly make your website legally compliant:
Really Easy To Install
Compliance Bar Plugin is very easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Compliance Page Templates Are Very Easy To Edit
You can easily edit the default templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu using the visual editor.
Dedicated Plugin Support
The plugin developers provide a dedicated team to help you if you experience any issues.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Customized Legal Templates: Compliance Bar will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Full Video Training Manuals: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and an entire library of training videos is provided if you need assistance.
- Can Be Used In All Countries: As long as you consult someone who is qualified to give you legal advice to ascertain if the default legal page templates provided in Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever your business is located.
- Can Be Used On All WordPress Sites: As long as your website runs on WordPress, you can use the plugin for all website purposes. Just select the compliance pages you want to add to your site and ignore any irrelevant pages.
Compliance Bar Features
Compliance Bar Plugin offers many great features to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and use. Ready to go to work in minutes.
- Display Visually Appealing Icon Bar – Display links to your legal pages using attractive icons that can be positioned anywhere on your page. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Restricted Information – If you plan to publish content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), you can display pop-ups that require users to accept your terms or disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If you are based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must be aware of EU Cookie law. The plugin displays an attractive bar that notifies your users and covers you from non-compliance.
- Record & Store IP Acceptance – The plugin can record and store the IP address of your visitors for reference, just in case a visitor accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcodes – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes to populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (even in the popups).
- Mobile Friendly – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and can display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor mobile browsers.
Using The Plugin
After installing and activating the plugin, users get access to various settings.
Let’s review these briefly …
There are a number of default fields in this screen where your information can be input (e.g. “Business Name,” “Registered Company Address,” “Location Details,” “Niche Area,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Company Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar User Profile Page – Image source: plugin documentation)
The plugin uses shortcodes to insert the information you’ve inputted into your User Profile fields into your legal pages …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Screen: Shortcodes – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been entered into the profile fields, you can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” screen contains all of your legal template pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Page Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Here’s the full list of templates made available by the Compliance Bar plugin last time we checked their website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can create legal pages for your website or blog quite easily simply by selecting check boxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Compliance Pages” screen …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under the “Pages” section of your WordPress site.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a built-in set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The icons are customizable. You can purchase an additional set of icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Template Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Page Templates
You can modify and delete the legal disclaimer templates in the “Compliance Pages” section, just like any typical WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Page Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin indicates if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before installing the plugin).
The plugin settings area provides various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, whether to display links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, selecting which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your home page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and more …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create multiple Compliance Bars to display different disclaimers on different pages, or to cover a multitude of uses in different sections of your site.
- The plugin allows you to display the Compliance Bar on the home page of your website, even if you are using particular WordPress themes (like Genesis, Thesis or Woo), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a normal “static” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile screens, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have specified your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your legal using a visually appealing icon bar on your site …
You have complete control over the location on your pages where you would like to display the compliance bar …
If you plan to show content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, dating, etc.), you can display popups that blocks access to users who do not accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” tab gives you complete control over the settings and wordings of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Image source: plugin documentation)
You can create a number of customized Pop Ups for different pages, or to cover various uses in other areas of your site …
You can also specify a delay time to prevent Pop Ups from displaying as soon as visitors arrive, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from displaying again within a specific time period, and even record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you need to be aware of EU Cookie law …
The plugin lets you manage the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” area …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” tab, lists all of your legal templates and shortcodes, and lets you edit their content …
The “General Settings” menu, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin updates …
Feedback From Users
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have submitted for Compliance Bar:
“1000% Highly Recommend This” Anthony La Rocca – Founder (Hustle Marketing)
”Truly Amazing Product!” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Compliance Bar – Useful Tips
Below are some extra ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons only on specific pages.
- Reducing refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before customers purchase.
- If you have adult content on your website, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated 24/7 plugin support to help you. You also have access to an entire set of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% refund guarantee. If your copy of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (M – F), the plugin developers will refund double the cost of purchasing.
- Single User Licensing – Install the plugin on one of your own domains. Price = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business License – Can be installed on up to 25 of your own sites. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer Licensing – Can be installed on multiple as many of your own sites as you need. Install the plugin on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: Pricing details of this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price when this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar
Legal Pages Approved By Lawyers – The plugin developers assert on their website that all legal page templates have already been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for your peace of mind.
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar website.
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven sites. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Note: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with the law in your country or region.