Your website must comply with a wide range of federal, state and even local laws and regulations, some of which you may probably not even be aware of.
Being non-compliant not only puts you at risk of suffering significant financial losses, but also the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so easily and inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and easy-to-install WordPress solution that can help make your site fully compliant just minutes.
Does Your Website Or Blog Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the digital business realm continues to grow at an extraordinary rate and rules constantly change, it’s important to stay on top of what’s going on and to make sure that your website remains legal, especially if your online presence is an integral part of your business strategy.
If your web presence is not in compliance, you could face a whole range of penalties, including fines, having your website shut down, even jail time!
At the very least, if your online business is not in compliance, trust and confidence in your business may be damaged.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, most 3rd-party services require you to comply with their policies and guidelines!)
Legal Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to numerous legal requirements in accordance with mandatory laws and regulations that govern your business (some of which you may probably not even be aware of),
- How important it is to remain compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be offering or endorsing online, and
- There are easy solutions for WordPress website owners that can help your business become more compliant, such as the plugin that we discuss in this post.
If your web site is lacking in aspects of compliance, there is a simple plugin for WordPress-powered websites and blogs that you may be very interested in knowing more about.
Today’s WordPress Plugin Is …
Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-install plugin for WordPress-driven websites containing over twenty customizable legal templates for your digital business …
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Compliance Bar
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Compliance Bar Plugin to make your site instantly legally compliant:
Fast And Easy To Install And Use. Ready To Use In No Time.
Compliance Bar installs like any regular plugin. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin area and activate.
Templates Are Very Easy To Edit
You can easily make changes to the built-in compliance page templates inside the plugin from the settings menu with the WYSIWYG content editor.
The plugin developers provide dedicated 24/7 plugin support to assist users.
Some additional benefits of using the plugin include the following:
- Customized Compliance Pages: The plugin will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Full Video Training: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use - a full library of training videos is available if you need help.
- Can Be Used In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to make sure that the templates provided in Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Can Be Used For All Website Purposes: If your site runs on WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers that suit your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, business services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and leave out those that you don’t need.
Compliance Bar Plugin provides many great features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Ready to go to work in very little time.
- Display Attractive Icon Bar – Compliance Bar will display links to your legal pages in the form of attractive icons that can be placed anywhere in your pages. You can also upload your own icons.
- Show Sensitive Content – If your site contains content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, adult, etc.), the plugin can display pop-ups that require users to accept your terms or disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If you are based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you need to be aware of EU Cookie law. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies visitors and protects your business from non-compliance issues.
- Record And Store IP Addresses – The plugin can record your visitors’ IP address for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcodes – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes that automatically populate templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site, (including the popups).
- Works On Mobile Devices – Compliance Bar has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices or tablets and can display mobile optimized icons automatically based on visitor mobile browsers.
Using Compliance Bar Plugin
After installing and activating the Compliance Bar plugin, the plugin’s “Settings” screen will be added to your WP admin area.
Let’s briefly review these areas …
There are a number of default fields in this section where your business information can be input (e.g. “Business Name,” “Company Address,” “Location Details,” “Company Registration Number,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Website URL,” “Business Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Section – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar uses dynamic shortcodes to automatically insert and display the information you’ve inputted into your User Profile fields into your legal templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section: Shortcodes – Image source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required (i.e. compulsory) information has been input into the profile fields, users can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” area contains all of the plugin’s templates …
(Compliance Bar: Legal Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
Here’s the complete list of template pages made available by the plugin when we last checked the website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can create legal pages for your website quickly and easily simply by selecting checkboxes and clicking ”Save” on the “Compliance Pages” section …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added inside the “Pages” section of your site.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin comes with a default set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The Compliance Bar icons are customizable. You can purchase an additional set of icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Template Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Page Templates
You can modify and delete the legal page templates in the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any typical WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin notifies you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before you installed the plugin).
You have many options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, specifying which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your home page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and more …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create unlimited Compliance Bars to show different disclaimers on different pages, or to cover a range of uses in other sections of your site.
- The plugin allows you to display the Compliance Bar on the main page of your site, even if you are using a specific premium theme (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your compliance pages using dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like to display your compliance icons …
If your site includes content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, dating, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that restricts access to users who do not accept your website’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” area gives you full control over the settings and customization of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up displaying on different pages, or to cover different uses throughout your website …
You can also set a delay time to prevent Pop Ups from displaying immediately, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from displaying again within a specific time interval, and even record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must be aware of EU Cookie law …
The plugin lets you customize the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” section …
(EU Cookies Screen: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” area, lists all of your compliance disclaimers and shortcodes, and lets you edit their content …
The “General Settings” area, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and receiving plugin update notifications …
Below are some of the testimonials and feedback that users have provided for the Compliance Bar Plugin plugin:
”When I got my hands on Compliance Bar, I knew I needed help to be compliant, but I had no idea how much danger I was in, nor did I know all of the different things I needed to be compliant. Once I installed Compliance Bar, I was able to very quickly add all the items I needed to ensure I didn’t end up getting fined by various agencies, or have my site pulled from Google. The best part is that getting it all set up took only minutes, and I know that I am far safer than I was. Compliance Bar is one of the best plugins I have used in a long time.” Ray Lane – (The Video Guy)
”I Highly Recommend Compliance Bar” Tony Grant (Portfolio Sports)
Below are a few extra ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages of your site only.
- Minimize refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before purchase.
- If you include content for adult readers on your site, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar Product Support
Plugin Developers provide users with a dedicated support team to assist you with anything you need. You also get access to video training.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, 30 day, 200% refund guarantee. If your version of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (Monday to Friday), the plugin developers will refund double the amount of your cost of purchase.
- Single Edition – Install the plugin on one of your own domains. Cost = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business License Edition – Install the plugin on up to twenty-five domains that you own. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer License Edition – Can be installed on multiple as many of your own domains as you like. Install the plugin on any client site as part of a paid service. Cost = $97.00.
Please Note: Pricing for the Compliance Bar Plugin plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price shown above was correct at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar
Templates Approved By Lawyers – The plugin developers claim on their website that all legal templates have been reviewed and approved by a leading lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for peace of mind.
For a demo video of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar website.
Install This Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress websites. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar – Compliance Bar Plugin – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Important: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on our website. Do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way of ensuring that your website fully complies with the law in your country or region.