Your website or blog has to comply with a whole set of laws and regulations, many of which you may not be aware of.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of suffering significant financial losses and the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and your business reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this post, we look at a simple and easy-to-install WordPress solution that can help make your website legally compliant just minutes.
Is Your Website Or Blog Legally Compliant?
As the digital realm continues to grow at breakneck speed and the rules constantly change, it’s vitally important to stay informed about what’s happening and to make sure that your site remains legally compliant, especially if your online presence is an essential component of your business strategy.
If your website is not compliant, you could also end up facing a multitude of penalties, including fines, having your website shut down, even jail time!
At the very least, without making it clear to your visitors that your site complies with all legal requirements and regulatory guidelines, expect visitor trust and confidence in your business to seriously diminish.
Legal Disclaimer: We are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice in this article.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with compulsory laws that govern your business (some of which you may not even be aware of),
- The importance of being compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are offering or using online, and
- There are solutions for WordPress website owners that can help your business become compliant, such as the plugin that we review below.
In this article, you will learn about a simple WordPress plugin that provides a total compliance & disclaimer solution for your digital presence.
Compliance Bar – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar Plugin is a total compliance and disclaimer solution for your site …
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Compliance Bar
Here we have listed just some of the benefits of using Compliance Bar to instantly make your web site compliant:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Compliance Bar Plugin installs just like any WP plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Easy-To-Edit Legal Page Templates
Easily modify the pre-built legal templates inside the plugin from the settings menu using the WYSIWYG content editor.
24/7 Plugin Support
The plugin develop provides a dedicated support team to help users if they experience any problems.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Customized Compliance Templates: The Compliance Bar plugin creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not complicated to use - an entire library of training videos is provided.
- Use Anywhere In The World: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to make sure that the default legal templates provided with the plugin are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Use In All Niches: If your website or blog is driven by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Just select the compliance pages you need to add to your site and ignore unnecessary pages.
Compliance Bar Plugin offers a number of features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Ready to go to work in very little time.
- Show Attractive Icon Bar – Display links to your legal pages using attractive icons that can be positioned anywhere in your page. You can also upload your own icons.
- Show Sensitive Information – If you plan to display content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, adult content, etc.), you can display pop-ups that force users to accept your terms or disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If your business is based in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies users and protects your site from non-compliance.
- Records & Stores IP Acceptance – Compliance Bar records and stores the IP addresses of your visitors for future reference, just in case someone accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcode Driven – Compliance Bar uses shortcodes that populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (including the popups).
- Works On All Mobile Devices – Compliance Bar has settings for displaying on mobile devices or tablets and will display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor web browsers.
Features – Details
After installing and activating the plugin, a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured gets added to your WP backend.
Let’s go through these settings briefly …
There are a number of default categories in this section where you can input your business details into input (e.g. “Website URL,” “Business Address,” “Location Details,” “Company Registration Number,” etc.). Not all categories are compulsory, but some are (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Company Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses shortcodes to automatically insert the information into your legal templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Page: Shortcodes – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required (i.e. compulsory) data has been input into the profile fields, you can then access the other plugin areas.
The “Compliance Pages” section lists all of the legal pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
When we last checked the plugin website, there were over 20 compliance page templates made available:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can create compliance pages for your website or blog quickly and easily by simply selecting check boxes and clicking the “Save” button on the “Create Pages” screen …
(Compliance Bar: Legal Page Templates – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a default set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The Compliance Bar icons are customizable. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your site’s design …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Page Template Icons – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Compliance Page Templates
You can easily edit and delete your legal templates in the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any other WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Legal Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
- Editing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin will notify you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. legal pages created before you installed the plugin).
You have various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, selecting which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your main page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and more …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create an unlimited number of Compliance Bars to display different icons on different pages, or to cover different uses in different areas of your site.
- The plugin allows you to display the Compliance Bar on the home page of your site, even if you are using a specific WordPress theme framework (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile screens, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have specified your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your legal through dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like the compliance bar to be featured …
If you plan to publish content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, adult, etc.), you can display popups that blocks access to visitors who do not accept your site’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” screen gives you complete control over the settings and wordings of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up for different pages, or to cover a multitude of uses throughout your website …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want the Pop Ups to display immediately, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time interval, and record the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image source: plugin documentation)
If you are based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you need to be aware of EU Cookie law …
The Compliance Bar plugin lets you edit the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” area …
(EU Cookies Screen: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” screen, lists all of your compliance page templates and shortcodes, and lets you edit their content …
The “General Settings” area, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and receiving plugin updates …
Here are a few of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have submitted for the Compliance Bar plugin:
”One of the most annoying parts about building out a site is to make sure it complies with the law. I always leave this part to the end because its painfully dry and boring and frankly I always just wished their was an easier way. Then I came across Compliance Bar and its literally the most versitile and brilliant plugin I have ever used. All my pages meet FTC requirements now and all I had to do was press a button! Anton and Jon..you guys friggen rock — 1000% highly recommend this!!” Anthony La Rocca – Founder (Hustle Marketing)
”If you are like me, you maybe have quite a few WordPress sites, all needing attention and most importantly, all needing to be on the right side of the law! I’ve tried several legal pages plugins and in pretty much every case, they let me down. They simply cause more work than they solve.To me, the answer should be simple. It should work and it should let me get on with building my site. After all, I know I NEED to do this stuff, but hey, I don’t really WANT to! So, for me, I don’t want those plugins that cause more work than they solve. Simple eh? Well now it is because Anton & John have just created this baby that is the answer to my needs. The Compliance Bar Plugin does what I need it to do then lets me get on with my empire building…Perfect!” Tony Grant (Portfolio Sports)
Compliance Bar – Useful Tips
Below are some additional ways to use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons only on specific pages.
- Reduce refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before purchase.
- If your website contains adult content, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated 24/7 plugin support to assist users if they experience any difficulties. You also get access to video training manuals.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your version of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 business hours (Monday to Friday), your purchase price will be refunded in double.
- Single – Install the plugin on a single domain. Price = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business – Install the plugin on twenty-five of your own sites. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Professional License – Can be installed on multiple as many of your own domains as you need. Install the plugin on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: The cost to purchase the Compliance Bar Plugin product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the product developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar Plugin
Legal Page Templates Approved By Lawyers – The plugin developers assure users on their website that all legal page templates have been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Download The Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-powered sites. We recommend installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Legal Disclaimer: Once again, we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with all legal requirements in your country or region.