If your website isn’t compliant with laws designed to protect consumer rights, you’re breaking the law.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of incurring both financial losses and the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and your good reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and very inexpensive solution for WordPress users that can help make your site compliant in minutes.
Does Your Site Comply With The Law?
As the cybersphere continues growing at an extraordinary rate and the rules of the game are constantly changing, it’s important that you stay informed about what’s going on and to make sure that your website or blog remains legal, especially if your web presence is an integral aspect of your overall business strategy.
Without legal pages on your web site (e.g. terms and conditions of use, privacy statement, earning disclaimers, etc.), many third-party sites like Google won’t let you advertise, sites like ClickBank will not allow you to list your digital products on their network, PayPal may shut down your account and freeze your funds, Facebook and many other social sites could suspend your apps, and you will not be accepted into a range of advertising and merchant networks.
You could also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to lawsuits.
At the very least, without making it clear to your visitors that your website complies with legal requirements and regulatory guidelines, expect visitor trust and confidence in your business to be irrepairably damaged.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this post is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with the laws that govern your business (some of which you may not even be aware of),
- The importance of maintaining compliance with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are offering or using on your website, and
- There are easy-to-install solutions that can help your website become more compliant, such as the plugin that we review in this post.
If your website or blog is falling short in areas of compliance, there is a simple plugin for WordPress websites you will probably be interested in using.
Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Compliance Bar Plugin is a simple plugin for WordPress users containing over 20 customizable compliance pages for your website …
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Compliance Bar
Here we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Compliance Bar Plugin to instantly make your website or blog legally compliant:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Compliance Bar Plugin is really easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP administrator section and activate.
Easily edit the built-in compliance templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu using the WordPress visual editor.
Dedicated 24/7 Support
Compliance Bar plugin provides a dedicated support team to assist users with anything they need.
Additional benefits include:
- Customized Templates: Compliance Bar will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Full Video Training Manuals: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use and an entire library of training videos is available if you need assistance.
- Can Be Used Anywhere In The World: As long as you consult someone who is qualified to give you legal advice to ascertain if the templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin anywhere in the world.
- Use For Every Website Purpose: As long as your website is driven by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers which suit your particular business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, business services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore any pages that are irrelevant.
Compliance Bar Plugin Features
Compliance Bar Plugin offers a number of great features to web site owners. Here are just some of those features:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- Show Visually Appealing Icons – The plugin will display links to your compliance pages using attractive icons that can be placed on different locations in your page. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Restricted Content – If your website publishes content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, adult, etc.), the plugin can display popups that require users to accept your site’s terms or disclaimers.
- EU Cookie Compliance – If you do business in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar notifying users and covering your site from non-compliance.
- Records & Stores IP Addresses – Compliance Bar can record the IP addresses of your visitors for future reference, just in case a visitor accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcode Driven – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes that populate templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site or blog, (including the popups).
- Mobile Friendly – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and displays mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor mobile browsers.
Plugin Features – Details
After installing and activating the Compliance Bar plugin, users will then get access to a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured.
Let’s briefly review these sections …
There are a number of default categories in this screen where your business information can be entered (e.g. “Website URL,” “Support Email,” “Company Phone Number,” “Product Name,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Business Name,” “Registered Business Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses shortcodes to populate and display the information from your User Profile fields into your legal pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page: Shortcodes – Image source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been entered into the profile fields, users can then access the other plugin areas.
The “Compliance Pages” screen includes a list of all of your legal page templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Page Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Below is the complete list of templates made available by the Compliance Bar plugin last time we checked their site:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can easily create compliance pages for your blog or website by simply selecting checkboxes and clicking ”Save” on the “Create Pages” area …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added to your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a default set of attractive icons for referencing your legal pages …
The icons can be changed. You can purchase an additional set of icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Template Icons – Image source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Pages
You can customize and delete your compliance templates from the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any other WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
- Editing the compliance pages is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin notifies you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. legal pages created before installing the plugin).
The plugin offers many options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, whether to display links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, specifying which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your home page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and more …
(Compliance Bar Section: Create Bar – Image source: plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to show different icons on different pages, or to cover different uses throughout your website.
- The plugin lets you display the Compliance Bar on the main page of your site, even if you are using a specific theme (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or WooThemes), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a normal “static” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your legal using dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like your compliance icons to display …
If your site publishes content that should be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult-related, etc.), the plugin can display pop-ups that require users to accept your terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” page gives you full control over the settings and wordings of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Section: Create Pop Up – Image source: plugin documentation)
You can create an unlimited number of Pop Ups displaying on different pages, or to cover various uses throughout your website …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want the Pop Ups to display as soon as visitors arrive, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time period, and capture the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Screen: IP Log Details – Image source: plugin documentation)
If you do business in Europe or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must be aware of EU compliance laws …
The plugin lets you edit the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” area …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” screen, lists all of your legal page templates and shortcodes, and lets you edit the page content …
The “General Settings” tab, gives you access to general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and receiving plugin update notifications …
Feedback From Users
Here are a couple of the testimonials that users have provided for the Compliance Bar Plugin plugin:
”When I got my hands on Compliance Bar, I knew I needed help to be compliant, but I had no idea how much danger I was in, nor did I know all of the different things I needed to be compliant. Once I installed Compliance Bar, I was able to very quickly add all the items I needed to ensure I didn’t end up getting fined by various agencies, or have my site pulled from Google. The best part is that getting it all set up took only minutes, and I know that I am far safer than I was. Compliance Bar is one of the best plugins I have used in a long time.” Ray Lane – (The Video Guy)
”I Highly Recommend Compliance Bar” Tony Grant (Portfolio Sports)
Below are some additional ways to use Compliance Bar:
- Displaying compliance icons on specific pages of your website only.
- Reduce refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before purchase.
- If you include content that is deemed inappropriate for minors on your website, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar provides users with a dedicated team to assist users. You also have access to an entire set of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 200% refund guarantee. If your copy of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 business hours (M – F), the plugin developers will refund twice your purchase price.
- Single – Install the plugin on a single site that you own. Price = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business License Edition – Install the plugin on up to 25 domains that you own. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer – Can be installed on all of your own domains. Can be installed on all client sites for payment or as part of a paid service. Cost = $97.00.
Note: The cost of purchasing Compliance Bar can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing shown above was correct at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar Plugin
Additional Plugin Information
Legal Page Templates Approved By Lawyers – The plugin developers claim on their website that all legal templates have already been reviewed and approved by a leading lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for your own peace of mind.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Download This Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites and blogs. We recommend installing this WordPress plugin if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Legal Disclaimer: Once again, we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on our website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way of ensuring that your website fully complies with the law wherever your business is based.