If your website doesn’t comply with laws intended to protect consumers, you’re breaking the law.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of suffering significant financial losses and the cost to your reputation. Why risk your money and your business reputation, when you can protect yourself so easily and inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and inexpensive solution for WordPress users that can help make your site legally compliant just minutes.
Does Your Website Or Blog Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the digital business realm continues growing at breakneck speed and the rules are constantly changing, it’s important that you stay informed about what’s going on and to make sure that your website remains compliant with all laws and regulations, especially if your web presence is an integral component of your overall business strategy.
If you do not display certain legal pages on your website (e.g. terms and conditions of use, privacy statement, earning disclaimers, etc.), many third-party sites such as Google won’t let you advertise, digital marketplaces like ClickBank will not approve your digital products for sale, PayPal could shut down your account and freeze your funds, Facebook and other social networks could suspend your web apps, and you will not be allowed into many advertising and affiliate marketing networks.
If you are not in compliance, you could also face a whole range of penalties, including fines, having your website shut down, even jail time!
At the very least, if your web presence is not in compliance, it could impact on your visitors trust and confidence in doing business with you in the future.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice in this article.
The purpose of this post is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with compulsory laws and regulations that govern your business (some of which you may probably not even be aware of),
- The importance of complying with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you are promoting or using online, and
- There are plugin-based solutions for WordPress website owners that can help your website become more compliant, such as the plugin that we review in this article.
In this article, we review a simple plugin for WordPress users that provides a total compliance and disclaimer solution for your online business.
Compliance Bar Plugin – WP Website Compliance Plugin
The Compliance Bar Plugin For WordPress is a complete compliance & disclaimer solution for your online presence …
For more details go here: Compliance Bar Plugin
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Compliance Bar to instantly make your site legally compliant:
Quick And Simple To Install And Configure. Ready To Go To Work In Very Little Time.
Compliance Bar Plugin is really easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Easy To Edit Legal Page Templates
You can easily make changes to the prebuilt compliance page templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu with the visual editor.
Compliance Bar provides a dedicated plugin support team to help you.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Customized Templates: The Compliance Bar plugin creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not complicated to use and a complete library of training videos is provided if users need assistance.
- Use Anywhere In The World: As long as you consult someone who is qualified to give you legal advice to make sure that the built-in templates provided in the plugin are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever you are located.
- Use For All Niches: If your website is powered by WordPress, you can use the plugin for all kinds of websites. Select only the types of disclaimers which suit your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and leave out any pages that are not necessary.
Compliance Bar offers many unique features to site owners. Below we have listed just some:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Show Attractive Icon Bar – The plugin will display links to your legal pages in the form of attractive icons that can be placed anywhere on your pages. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Display Sensitive Content – If you plan to publish content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), you can display popups that force users to accept your site’s terms or disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If you do business in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you must be aware of EU compliance laws. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar notifying visitors and covering your site from non-compliance issues.
- Record & Store IP Acceptance – The plugin can record the IP addresses of your visitors for reference, just in case a visitor accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcode Driven – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes to populate compliance pages with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site, (even in the pop-ups).
- Works On Mobile Devices – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and displays mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor browsers.
Using Compliance Bar
After installing and activating the Compliance Bar plugin, users will have access to a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured.
Let’s go through these briefly …
There are a number of default categories in this screen where you can input your information into input (e.g. “Business Name,” “Support Email,” “Contact Phone,” “Niche Market,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Business Name,” “Support Email,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Section – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
The plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to insert and display the information from your User Profile inside your legal pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page: Shortcodes – Image source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been entered into the user profile fields, users can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” area lists all of the plugin’s legal page templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Pages – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Here’s the complete list of legal templates made available by the plugin last time we checked their site:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
Creating compliance pages for your website is a simple process. Just select the check boxes next to the pages you want to create and click ”Save” on the “Create Pages” area …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Templates – Image source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added to the “Pages” section of your WordPress site.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin comes with a default set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
Icons can be changed. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Icons – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Pages
You can edit and delete the compliance templates in the “Compliance Pages” area, just as you would any other page in WordPress …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
- Customizing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin indicates if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. legal pages created before you installed the plugin).
The plugin settings area provides various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, specifying which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your home page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to show different icons on different pages, or to cover a range of uses in other areas of your site.
- The plugin lets you display a Compliance Bar on the main page of your site, even if you are using a specific 3rd-party theme framework (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or Woo), where the home page is configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile device screens, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have specified your Compliance Bar settings, it displays links to your compliance pages using a visually attractive icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like to feature your compliance bar …
If you plan to display content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), the plugin can display pop-ups that restricts access to users who do not accept your website’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” area gives you full control over the settings and customization of your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
You can create more than one Pop Up displaying on different pages, or to cover various uses throughout your site …
You can also specify a delay time to prevent Pop Ups from displaying as soon as visitors arrive, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time interval, and store the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Screen: IP Log Details – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
If your business is based in the EU or display your content to visitors in the EU, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
Compliance Bar lets you edit the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” area …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Image source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” area, lists all of your compliance disclaimers and shortcodes, and lets you edit the page content …
The “General Settings” screen, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin updates …
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have written about Compliance Bar Plugin:
”One of the Best Plugins I Have Used” Ray Lane – (The Video Guy)
”I wanted to reach out & say Compliance Bar is a truly amazing product for keeping my online marketing efforts on the right side of the internet laws. Not only does it look fantastic on my sites, it is also intuitive and robustly powerful. It is packed full of features to allow me the flexibility to control exactly what my visitors need to see and know” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Below are a few additional ways you can use Compliance Bar:
- Display compliance icons only on specific pages of your website.
- End refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before purchase.
- If your site published content for adult readers, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to view your content.
Plugin Developers provide users with a dedicated team to assist you with anything you need. Plugin users also get access to a complete library of training videos.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your version of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (Monday to Friday), the plugin developers will refund twice your cost of purchase.
- Single Edition – Can be installed on 1 domain that you own. Cost = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business License Edition – Can be installed on up to twenty-five domains that you own. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer License Edition – Can be installed on multiple of your own sites. Install the plugin on all client sites as part of a paid service. Cost = $97.00.
Please Note: The price of Compliance Bar can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct when this content was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar – Additional Info
Legal Pages Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers assure users on their website that all legal page templates have already been reviewed and approved by lawyers. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area to ensure that your site is fully compliant.
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress websites. We recommend downloading and installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Compliance Bar – Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Important: Once again, we are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way of ensuring that your website fully complies with the law in your country or region.