Your internet presence has to comply with a whole set of laws and regulatory guidelines, many of which you may not be aware of.
Being non-compliant puts you at risk of incurring serious financial losses and the loss of your reputation. Why risk your money and reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this article, we look at a simple and easy-to-use WordPress solution that can help make your site compliant just minutes.
Does Your Website Or Blog Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the digital realm continues to grow at an extraordinary rate and the rules constantly change, it’s vital to stay on top of what’s going on and to make sure that your website remains compliant, especially if your online presence is a significant component of your overall business strategy.
If there are no legal pages on your web site (e.g. terms of service, privacy statement, earning disclaimers, etc.), many sites like Google won’t let you advertise, digital marketplaces like ClickBank will not let you list your digital products on their network, PayPal could shut down your account and freeze your funds, Facebook and many other social sites could suspend your web apps, and you won’t be accepted into most other advertising or affiliate marketing networks.
You may also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to litigation.
At the very least, if you are not compliant, expect visitor trust and confidence in your business to seriously diminish.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, most 3rd-party websites require you to comply with their policies!)
Disclaimer: We are not lawyers and we cannot offer legal advice on this website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website may be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with federal, state or local laws that govern your business,
- The importance of remaining compliant with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be offering or endorsing online, and
- There are easy solutions that can help your business become compliant, such as the plugin that we review in this post.
If you suspect that your website falls short in areas of compliance, here is a simple plugin for WordPress-powered sites you should know more about.
Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
The Compliance Bar Plugin is a complete compliance and disclaimer solution for your online presence …
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Compliance Bar Plugin
Compliance Bar Plugin Benefits
Here we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Compliance Bar to instantly make your website legally compliant:
Quick And Easy To Install And Implement. Ready To Start Using In Minutes.
Compliance Bar Plugin installs like any WP plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your administrator section and activate.
Easy-To-Edit Legal Page Templates
You can easily edit the prebuilt legal templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu using the WYSIWYG content editor.
24/7 Plugin Support
Compliance Bar provides dedicated 24/7 plugin support to assist you with anything you need.
Some additional benefits include:
- Customized Legal Templates: The plugin creates your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Full Video Training Library: Compliance Bar is not difficult to use - an entire library of training videos is available.
- Can Be Used In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to ascertain if the templates provided with Compliance Bar are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever your business is located.
- Can Be Used For All Website Purposes: As long as your website runs on WordPress, you can use the plugin for every website purpose. Select only the types of disclaimers which suit your specific business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, business services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and ignore those that are not necessary.
Compliance Bar Plugin offers many great features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Ready to go to work in minutes.
- Display Attractive Icons – Display links to your legal pages in the form of attractive icons that can be placed anywhere in your pages. You can also upload icons of your choice.
- Show Restricted Information – If you plan to publish content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, dating, etc.), Compliance Bar can display pop-ups that force users to accept your site’s terms or disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If your business is based in the EU or display your content to visitors in the EU, you need to make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies users and protects your business from non-compliance.
- Records & Stores IP Acceptance – The plugin records the IP addresses of your visitors for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims they didn’t.
- Shortcodes – Compliance Bar is integrated with shortcodes that populate templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your site or blog, (even in the popups).
- Compatible With All Mobile Devices – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and displays mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor mobile browsers.
Features – Details
After installing and activating the plugin, you have access to a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured.
Let’s go through these briefly …
There are a number of default categories in this section where you can input your business information into entered (e.g. “Website URL,” “Registered Address,” “Contact Phone,” “Refund Duration (Days),” etc.). Not all categories are compulsory, but some are (e.g. “Business Name,” “Support Email,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Page – Image source: plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to populate the information from your User Profile in your legal pages …
(Compliance Bar Plugin User Profile Screen: Shortcodes – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required (i.e. compulsory) data has been entered into the plugin settings fields, users can then access the other plugin areas.
The “Compliance Pages” screen includes a list of all of the plugin’s templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Pages – Image source: plugin documentation)
Below is the complete list of template pages made available by the plugin when we last checked the site:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- XXX Disclosure
You can easily create legal pages for your blog or website by simply selecting checkboxes and clicking ”Save” on the “Create Pages” area …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added under your “Pages” section.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a built-in set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
The Compliance Bar icons can be changed. You can purchase an additional set of icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Page Icons – Image source: plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Page Templates
You can customize and delete your compliance pages in the “Compliance Pages” tab, just as you would any other WordPress page …
(Compliance Bar: Edit Compliance Templates – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- Customizing your compliance templates is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin will notify you if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. compliance pages created before you installed the plugin).
You have various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including where to position the bar, whether to show links or icon images, background colors and images, icon size, specifying which pages to include an icon for in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your home page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, etc. …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to display different icons on different pages, or to cover different uses in different areas of your website.
- The plugin allows you to display the Compliance Bar on the home page of your website, even if you are using particular premium themes (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or Woo), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme itself as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, there is a limit to the number of page icons you can display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your compliance pages through dynamic icon bar on your site …
You have full control over the location on your pages where you would like your compliance icons to appear …
If you plan to display content that may be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, tobacco, dating, etc.), the plugin can display pop-ups that force users to accept your site’s terms or disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” page lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
You can create unlimited Pop Ups displaying on different pages, or to cover different uses throughout your site …
You can also set a delay time if you don’t want Pop Ups to display as soon as visitors arrive, set cookie durations to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time interval, and store the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Image source: plugin documentation)
If you are based in the EU or display your content to visitors in the EU, you need to be aware of EU compliance laws …
The plugin lets you edit the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” screen …
(EU Cookies Screen: Manage Settings – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” section, lists all of your compliance pages and shortcodes, and lets you edit the page content …
The “General Settings” screen, gives you access to general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin update notifications …
Feedback From Users
Below are just a few of the testimonials plugin customers have provided for Compliance Bar Plugin:
”One of the most annoying parts about building out a site is to make sure it complies with the law. I always leave this part to the end because its painfully dry and boring and frankly I always just wished their was an easier way. Then I came across Compliance Bar and its literally the most versitile and brilliant plugin I have ever used. All my pages meet FTC requirements now and all I had to do was press a button! Anton and Jon..you guys friggen rock — 1000% highly recommend this!!” Anthony La Rocca – Founder (Hustle Marketing)
”Truly Amazing Product!” Patrick Mauchant – PT Enviromate Technology
Below are some useful ways you can use Compliance Bar:
- Displaying compliance icons only on specific pages of your website.
- Minimize refund disputes by clearly spelling out your refund terms before customers purchase.
- If your site includes content for adult readers, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar Plugin Product Support
Compliance Bar provides users with dedicated plugin support to help you with anything you need. Plugin users also get access to video training.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a risk-free, 30 day, 200% money-back guarantee. If your copy of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (M – F), your money will be refunded in double.
- Single Site License – Install the plugin on 1 of your own domains. Cost = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business Licensing – Can be installed on up to 25 domains that you own. Cost = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer – Install the plugin on all of your own sites. Install the plugin on all client sites as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Please Note: Pricing for Compliance Bar Plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar Plugin
Compliance Bar – Additional Information
Templates Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers assure users on their website that all legal templates have already been reviewed and approved by lawyers. Nonetheless, we highly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for your peace of mind.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Install The Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress websites. We recommend installing this WordPress plugin if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar – Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Important: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on this website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way of ensuring that your website is compliant with the law in your country or region.