WordPress Block Editor – Page Break Block
This tutorial is part of our series WordPress Gutenberg: The Ultimate Guide For Non-Technical WordPress Users.
- To learn more about using the WordPress block editor interface, go here: The WordPress Block Editor – Content Area
- To learn more about using blocks, see this tutorial: How To Use WordPress Block Editor Blocks
- For more information, see this tutorial: How To Split Long Posts Into Multiple Pages In WordPress
Page Break Block – Description
The Page Break block lets you split your content into smaller sections with multiple pages.
How To Use The Page Break Block
In this section, we’ll cover:
- How to add a Page Break block to your content.
- How to edit and configure your Page Break block and block settings.
- How to remove the Page Break block from your content.
For more details on using blocks (e.g. how to move blocks around your content), see this tutorial: How To Use Blocks.
Adding A Page Break Block
To add a Page Break block to your content:
- Select a place in your content to add a page break (i.e. before or after), then either:
- You can add as many Page Break blocks as you need to split your content into readable sections.
Let’s go through the above steps.
First, create a new post or page or open an existing post or page and either:
Click on the Add Block tool and select a Page Break block…
Or, select a Page Break block using the Inserter tool in the Content Area.
Either of the above methods will add a Page Break block to your content.
You can add multiple Page Break blocks to your content.
After adding Page Break blocks, there is nothing else to do.
WordPress will automatically break your content into sections where the Page Break block has been inserted and add pagination to each section of your post or page, allowing users to continue reading your content on the next page, or navigate back to the previous section.
Editing A Page Break Block
With the Page Break block…
- You cannot:
- Edit a Page Break block.
- You can:
Remember to update and publish your post or page to save your settings.
How To Remove A Page Break Block
To delete or remove a Page Break block from your content:
- Click inside the Page Break block to select it.
- Select the ‘More Options’ tool in the Block Editor.
- Click on ‘Remove block’.
- This will remove the Page Break block from your content.
Page Break Block Tools, Options & Settings
The Page Break block includes tools, options, and settings for:
- Page Break Block Editor
- Page Break Block Settings
Page Break Block Editor
The Page Break Block Editor displays:
- Block Type (See ‘Page Break Block – Additional Info’ section below.)
- Drag & Drop Tool
- Move Up and Down Tool
- More Options – See How To Use Blocks to learn how to use this section.
Page Break Block Settings
The Page Break block settings section includes only a description of the block. There are no other options or settings for this block.
Page Break Block – Additional Info
You can convert a Page Break block into the following block types:
Congratulations! Now you know how to use the WordPress content editor’s Page Break block.
- To learn how to use other blocks, go here: WordPress Block Editor – How To Use Blocks
- To learn more about using the Page Break feature, see this tutorial: How To Split Long Posts Into Multiple Pages In WordPress
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)
We are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress or its parent company Automattic. This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.