One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in today’s virtual world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming a victim of cyber crime, having our business files hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage any web assets like a business website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the importance of implementing a website security and data recovery plan.
In addition to creating an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from accidents that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If parts of your business require working with multiple websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to clone web site data from one site to another can be most convenient.
As every wise webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website files, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and changing things that end up breaking your site is all part of managing a digital business presence. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to restore old information, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s a simple tool that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Site Protected
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WP plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your website and data back ups, duplicate your sites and content and keep your WP sites protected with just a few clicks.
Once the software is installed and activated on your site, you can easily configure the settings for the plugin. You can set up backups to run automatically, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using external storage applications like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your admin user account and activate.
After entering the license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WP sites really simple. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site can be easily recovered should a a serious problem arise, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly clone as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Back Up Big Sites: Often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be quickly and easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many great features to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the storage location of your choice. You can download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress website or blog to any destination you like. You can clone data directly from another blog, upload via your browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy unlimited preconfigured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over and does the job automatically for you. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Backup With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are some of the testimonials and comments that customers have published about Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|clone your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites with identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a regional company, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each store will run their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Blog With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WP files won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old site. That’s why you need to use a WP backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing files are almost negligible because you no longer need to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the Backup Creator product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price when this content was published. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP site’s files and database is an integral part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs