One of the serious consequences of doing business in today’s cyber world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you manage any business assets like a website or blog, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the urgency of creating a web security plan.
In addition to developing an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from human errors that can result in data loss and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If you need to copy data from loads of websites or blogs, having an automated way to copy website data from one website to another would be most convenient.
As any experienced webmaster eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that can wreck your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to restore lost information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Web Site Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site backups, cloning all of your websites and content and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
Once the plugin has been installed on your website or blog, your plugin settings can be easily configured. Backup Creator allows you to configure scheduled backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using external data hosting tools like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
To learn more about the plugin go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Start Using In Minutes
Backup Creator installs like any regular WP plugin. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your admin user account and activate.
After entering a license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating regular backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and sites very simple. All tasks can be completed in a few simple mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site can be easily retrieved should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Just set up your master and then clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you have set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should any kind of problem affect your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many great features to site owners. Here are just a few:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure location of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups To Anywhere. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can copy files directly from another site, upload using your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are just a few of the testimonials and comments plugin users have published about Backup Creator:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps necessary to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various sites with identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a regional food service outlet, or a real estate agency with branches in various locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Copy A Blog With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why you need to use a backup plugin that is specifically created to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now functional again and you can send the damaged site’s files to an support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing information are extremely low because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the software seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Sites Protected