Living and doing business in the Information Age has many benefits and advantages. However, we also live in a world where we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely deleted.
If you own or manage any business assets like a business blog or website, then you need to prioritize website security and the urgency of having a site security plan.
As well as creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from mistakes that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If parts of your business involve setting up many websites or blogs, having an automated way to copy website data from one website to another can be quite convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, site owners rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital business presence. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Site
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website files, cloning all of your websites and keeping your WP sites protected.
Once the software has been installed and activated on your site, it’s very easy to configure the plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure automatically scheduled backups, backups via email, FTP backups, backups using the cloud, or even store backups remotely using hosting hosting services such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Backup Creator installs like any regular plugin. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
After entering your license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress web sites. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. No web coding knowledge is necessary.
As well as the time you will be able to save restoring your data and files should you experience problems, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Just set up your master and then clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your hosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many features to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the storage location of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Anywhere. Instantly restore your data to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another website, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy any number of preconfigured client sites in seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
Below are a couple of the testimonials that customers have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it to a new domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of sites including identical settings and configurations in different niches. This could be for a national retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each office will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Website With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring file backups won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old site. This is why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged site’s files to an support expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing data are minimal because you no longer need to be concerned about where things are stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software sells for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites and blogs.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected