The Electronic Age has transformed how we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming a victim of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where information can be viewed online like a business blog or website, then you need to prioritize online security and the importance of having a digital security plan.
As well as implementing an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from accidental errors that can result in losing valuable data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If you need to set up a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way of cloning site data from one website to another can be quite convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to recover old content, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and site files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Websites Protected
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WordPress plugin that lets you schedule and automate your website and data back ups, clone your blogs and content and keep your WP websites protected.
Once the software has been installed on your WordPress web site, it’s very easy to configure your plugin settings. You can configure backups to run automatically, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, and store backups remotely using data storage applications from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Really Easy To Install
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin to your Plugins folder via your admin login and activate.
Enter the license key you’ve received with your purchase receipt and the application is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. Everything can be done in a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
Save Loads Of Time
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your data can be quickly and easily retrieved if anything happens, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your prototype website and instantly create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you have set up on other locations. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Backs Up Big Websites: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be quickly and easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides a number of features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click one button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files securely to the location of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Anywhere. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another website, upload using your internet browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over and does the work for you. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups and clones in a single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are just some testimonials and comments customers have provided for Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”You have truly created one of the finest plugins I have ever used. I believe it is the first one that has ever been as simple to use at it was shown on the sales video.”Michael Scroggins, MichaelScroggins.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly how you want it, back it up|copy the site and then restore it to a new location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of blogs using identical settings and configurations in different niche areas. This could be for a nationwide retailer, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each office will run their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Site With Correct Internal Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading WordPress files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why it’s important to use a backup plugin that is specifically designed for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now instantly returned to normal and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing information are quite low because you don’t need to worry about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall the time you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was current when this review was published. This may not be the actual pricing set by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
Additional Plugin Info
For ”how to” videos showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an essential part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your website or blog remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP web sites.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected