One of the downsides of doing business in today’s digital world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you own anything where information can be visited online like a blog or company website, then you need to pay careful attention to online security and the urgency of implementing an online security and data recovery plan.
In addition to developing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of valuable data from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If aspects of your business require setting up loads of websites or blogs, having a simple way to duplicate site information from one website to another can be most convenient.
As any experienced website manager has learnt, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, site owners rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and changing things that wreck your site is all part of doing business online. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s an easy plugin that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Site Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your site data, cloning your sites and content and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
Once the software is installed on your WordPress website, the plugin settings can be easily configured. You can configure automatic backups, email backups, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and store backups remotely using hosting storage solutions from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering your license code, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating regular backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites really simple. All tasks can be completed in a couple of mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time restoring your site’s data should a a problem arise, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then clone as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Backs Up Big Sites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly recovered should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just a few:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to instantly back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup securely to the storage location of your choice. You can download your backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files directly from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy unlimited preconfigured client sites in a few seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are a few of the testimonials plugin customers have published about Backup Creator:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to go through in order to create a new site, you can just set up your site exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|reproduce your site and then restore it to a new domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of websites including identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a franchised company, or a travel agency with branches in various locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Website With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another website, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why it’s important to have a backup plugin that has been specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now instantly back and you can send the damaged files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing information are minimal because you don’t need to worry about where things are stored or organized. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing details of the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software developer when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price here:
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is a vital part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Website