One of the downsides of doing business in today’s online world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our digital files being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or destroyed.
If you own anything where data can be viewed online like a website or blog, then you need to carefully consider digital security and the importance of developing a digital security and site recovery plan.
In addition to having an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from multiple websites or blogs, having a simple way of copying site data from one website to another can be very convenient.
As any wise website manager eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few website owners do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally changing things that disrupt your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital presence. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to restore old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website or blog, then there’s an easy tool that allows you to create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website data, copying all of your sites and keeping your WordPress websites protected.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin on your WordPress web site, it’s really easy to configure the settings for the plugin. You can set up backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using external hosting tools from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Ready To Go To Work In Very Little Time
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload a zip folder containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WP admin user account and activate.
Once you’ve entered the license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress websites really simple. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. No programming knowledge is required.
Apart from the time you will save recovering your website data should anything happen, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype , you can instantly create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you have set up. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many plugin customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your hosting service and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be restored should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers many unique features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Create Instant Site Backups. Click one button to back up your website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups To Anywhere. Instantly restore your data and files to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another website, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy any number of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of Website Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes required to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact replica of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites using identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a franchised retailer, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Domain With Correct Internal Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that was specifically created to clone sites. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complicated and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important content are quite low because you no longer have to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just go back to when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost of purchasing Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing when this content was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is a vital part of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
For more details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected