Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many advantages. However, we also live in an environment where we are constantly under the potential threat of online theft, having our business assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where information can be visited online like a website, then you need to prioritize online security and the importance of having an online business security and site recovery plan.
In addition to developing an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidents that can result in data loss and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business requires setting up multiple websites or blogs, having a simple way of cloning website data from one website to another can be very convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web data, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then there’s an easy software that lets you create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Web Site
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your website data, cloning all of your blogs and content and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin on your WP web site, the plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. The plugin allows you to set up backups to run automatically, backups via email, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using third-party hosting services such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Backup Creator installs just like every plugin. Simply upload a zip folder that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user area and activate.
Enter the license key to unlock the plugin and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WP websites really simple. Everything can be done in a few mouse clicks. No web programming experience is required.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind of knowing that your information can be restored should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can instantly create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Additional plugin benefits include:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Quite often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Plugin customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is a priceless benefit, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to site owners. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files to the secure destination of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Anywhere. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files straight from another website, upload using your browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software does the automatically. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your data backups in a single offsite storage location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are a couple of the testimonials and comments users have provided for Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”One of my best purchases this year. I’m building hundreds of evergreen and minisites over the next year or so and this will save me a ton of time and money. I was lucky enough to see the power and potential of buying this right away and got it for $7, incredible!! I appreciate that you made us a version of backing up our sites that is very inexpensive (even now) and has so many applications. Thanks again and I’m sure this will be a tool that I will be using for years to come.” Morris Murphy, MobulIsNoBull.mobi
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Site Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it on a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites that include identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niches. This could be for a national company, or a real estate agency with branches in different locations, where each store will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Blog With Correct Internal Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and ensure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old location. This is why it’s important to have a backup plugin that was specifically created to clone sites. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately restored and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are almost negligible because you don’t need to be concerned about where everything has been stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the Backup Creator product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the product is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
Additional Plugin Info
For a demo video showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an important aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WP Sites Protected