One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our digital files hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely destroyed.
If you own or manage any digital business assets like a website or blog, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the importance of having an digital business security and site recovery plan.
As well as implementing an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from accidental errors that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to set up loads of websites or blogs, having an automated way to clone web site information from one site to another would be very convenient.
As every wise website manager eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that end up disrupting your site is all part of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore old files, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered website or blog, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Web Site
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your site files, cloning your sites and content and keeping your WP websites and blogs protected.
Once you have installed the software on your site, it’s very easy to configure your settings for your plugin. The plugin lets you set up automatically scheduled backups, backups via email, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, and remote backups using storage hosting applications such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Use In No Time
Backup Creator installs like any other WP plugin. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering the license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All it takes is a couple of mouse clicks. No web coding knowledge is required.
Saves Loads Of Time
As well as saving time restoring your information in the event of a tragedy, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Just set up your master website and instantly create as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up on other locations. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Backs Up Large Sites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many unique features to website owners. Here are just some:
- Create Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the storage location of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your website or blog to any destination you like. You can copy files directly from another website, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
Here are some of the testimonials that users have provided for Backup Creator:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes you would normally have to go through in order to create a new site, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact copy of site and then restore it on a new domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various blogs using identical settings and configurations in different niches. This could be for a national company, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and uploading WP file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another website, but still be referencing the old site. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be functional again and you can send the damaged site’s files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are extremely low because you don’t have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall the time you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product seller when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how to” videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is an essential aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your data remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely copy your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP web sites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Web Sites