The Electronic Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are continuously under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own any business assets like a website or blog, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the importance of creating an internet security plan.
In addition to implementing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from human errors that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to clone a number of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to clone web site information from one website to another can be most convenient.
As the old adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is absolutely essential. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that disrupt your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to recover old data, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website or blog, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and website or blog files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Site
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site backups, cloning your websites and keeping your WP web sites protected.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your WordPress site, you can quickly and easily configure your settings for the plugin. You can configure automatically scheduled backups, backups using email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using data hosting solutions such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugin folder via your admin section and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All tasks can be completed with a couple of mouse clicks. This makes it a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your data can be easily recovered should a tragedy occur, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master site, you can instantly clone as many copies as you want to any new sites you have set up on other locations. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your hosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be instantly recovered should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator offers many great features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the location of your choice. You can download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Destination. Instantly restore your website or blog to any destination you like. You can clone it straight from another site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in a few seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups and clones in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are just some testimonials customers have provided for Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the steps you would normally have to go through in order to set up a new site, you can just set up your site exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|duplicate the site and then restore it to a new domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various sites which contain identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a franchised retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Site With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WP files won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old site. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing data are minimal because you no longer need to worry about where you have stored or organized everything. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Product Licensing Pricing
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Price details for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For demo videos showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP website is a vital part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites and blogs.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Web Site