One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Electronic Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where data can be viewed online like a website for your organization, then you need to pay careful attention to online security and the importance of having an online security plan.
As well as implementing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing data from accidental errors that can set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to copy data from multiple websites or blogs, having a simple way to clone web site data from one site to another would be really convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally changing things that permanently damage your site is all part of owning a digital presence. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and site files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Site
(Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Site Protected)
Backup Creator is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your site and file backups, duplicate all of your websites and blogs and keep your WordPress web sites protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
After installing Backup Creator on your WordPress website or blog, you can easily configure your plugin settings. Backup Creator allows you to perform automatic backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, and store backups remotely using third-party hosting solutions from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Start Using In Minutes
Backup Creator installs just like every WP plugin. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Enter the license code and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and WP web sites really simple. Everything can be done with a few mouse clicks. This makes it a great backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from the time you will save restoring your data and files should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can then clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you have set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many plugin users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be quickly and easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure location of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups To Any Location. Instantly restore your site to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another website, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of preconfigured client sites in a few seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator does the automatically. No cron or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your data backups in a single offsite location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
The plugin backs up everything in seconds …
You can restore your data quickly and easily whenever you want using several methods …
You can also store your backup files in different locations …
Below are just some testimonials plugin customers have submitted for Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes necessary to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites that include identical settings and configurations in different niche areas. This could be for a regional food service outlet, or an insurance agency with branches in various locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every single time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Website With Correct Internal URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why you need to have a backup plugin that was specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can send the damaged files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complicated and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important information are quite low because you don’t need to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to when you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Price details for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product is selling for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an important aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP web sites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WP Sites Protected