The Digital Age has revolutionized how we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are continuously under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you own any online assets like a website or blog, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of implementing an digital business security plan.
As well as developing an online security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from internal and external issues that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If you need to set up loads of websites or blogs, having a smart way to copy website data from one site to another would be very convenient.
As any experienced website manager has learned, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website data, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, site owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of the reality of managing an online presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore old files, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Web Sites
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WP plugin that allows you to back up your blogs, duplicate all of your websites and keep your WP web sites protected.
After installing and activating the plugin on your site, your plugin settings can be easily configured. You can configure backups to run automatically, backups using email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, and remote backups using storage hosting solutions like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Installation Is Easy
Backup Creator installs just like any regular WP plugin. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license key, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites very simple. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. No web coding experience is required.
Save Lots Of Time
Apart from saving time recovering your data should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Just set up your prototype website and then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on the webhosting company you use and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator offers many great features to site owners. Here are just a few:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup to the storage location of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress information to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another WP site, upload via your internet browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the steps needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|duplicate your site and then restore it on a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites containing identical plugins and settings in other niche areas. This could be for a regional food service outlet, or a travel agency with branches in various locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing the theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Website With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old site. That’s why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now up and running again and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important files are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall the time you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of the Backup Creator software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product is selling for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
Additional Plugin Info
For a demo video of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP site’s files and database is an integral part of doing business online and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WP Website Protected