The Information Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are continuously under the potential threat of having our web information hacked into and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you own any business assets like a blog or website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of implementing a site security and data recovery plan.
In addition to having an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from accidents that can result in data loss and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If areas of your business require working with multiple websites or blogs, having an efficient way to duplicate website data from one site to another would be most convenient.
As any wise webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that permanently damage your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website or blog, then there’s a simple and inexpensive software-based application that allows you to create backups of your WP database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Website Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your website files, copying your websites and blogs and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
Once the plugin has been installed and activated on your site, you can easily configure the settings for the plugin. Backup Creator allows you to configure backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using data storage services from Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
Go here to learn more: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your WordPress administrator section and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license key, the plugin unlocks and the application will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of performing data backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress web sites very simple. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. No web coding skills are required.
Save Loads Of Time
As well as the time you will be able to save restoring your site’s data should you experience problems, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Just set up your master website and then clone as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you want to set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Back Up Large Websites: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be instantly recovered should any kind of problem affect your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many great features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files to the storage location of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Anywhere. Instantly restore your backup to any destination you like. You can clone data directly from another WordPress, upload via your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited number of client sites pre-configured in seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback that customers have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of Website Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to document in order to create a new site, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it to a new domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of websites that include identical settings and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or a travel agency with offices in different locations, where each office will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Site With Correct Internal Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that has been specifically created for cloning. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now up and running again and you can then send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important information are quite low because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall the time when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing shown above was current when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the product author when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Site