One of the downsides of doing business in the Information Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or wiped out.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a business blog or website, then you need to pay careful attention to website security and the importance of implementing a site security and data recovery plan.
As well as creating an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from human mistakes that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate once it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business involves cloning multiple websites or blogs, having a simple way to duplicate site information from one site to another can be really convenient.
As the wise old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is something that everybody should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and installing malware that bring down your site is all part of the reality of having a digital business presence. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to restore old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Websites
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to backup your websites, duplicate your websites and blogs and keep your WordPress websites protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
After installing and activating the plugin on your website or blog, it’s easy to configure the plugin settings. You can perform automatic backups, email backups, backups via FTP, backups to the cloud, or even store backups remotely using web storage services such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Be Up And Running In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs just like any regular plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress admin user account and activate.
Once you’ve entered the license code, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing file and data backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites really simple. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. No programming knowledge is required.
Saves Loads Of Time
Apart from the time you will be able to save recovering your site should your site go through any kind of disaster, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Back Up Large Websites: Often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Backup. Click one button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the location of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups To Any WordPress Installation. Instantly restore your data and files to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files straight from another WP blog, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator takes over. No cron or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are a couple of the testimonials and comments that customers have written about Backup Creator:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Site Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to go through in order to set up new sites, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, back it up|duplicate your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites that include identical settings and configurations in other niches. This could be for a nationwide food service outlet, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Location With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why you need to use a backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly back and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP troubleshooting expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important data are extremely low because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall the time you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing details of the Backup Creator plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
Additional Plugin Information
For ”how-to” videos showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral part of doing business online and ensuring that your content remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Web Site