Living and doing business in the Information Age has many benefits and advantages. However, we also live in an environment where we are continuously under the potential threat of online theft, having our digital files hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you manage anything where data can be viewed online like a blog or company website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of developing an online security plan.
In addition to having an online security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental mistakes that can result in data loss and set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from many websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to duplicate web site information from one site to another can be most convenient.
As the old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that can break your site is all part of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old information, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website files, clone your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Web Site Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website files, cloning all of your websites and keeping your WP websites protected.
Once you have installed and activated the software on your WordPress site, it’s easy to configure the settings for your plugin. Backup Creator lets you set up scheduled backups to run automatically, backups via email, FTP backups, backups via the cloud, and even store backups remotely using external storage solutions like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Learn more about the plugin here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Enter the license code to unlock your plugin and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and websites. Everything can be done in a few mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will experience knowing that your website data can be easily retrieved should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Just set up your master site and instantly create as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up on other domains. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially if your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Create Backups Instantly. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it securely to the storage location of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your WP backup to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another blog, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over. No cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform full site backups with just one click …
Here are just some testimonials that plugin users have published about Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”You have truly created one of the finest plugins I have ever used. I believe it is the first one that has ever been as simple to use at it was shown on the sales video.”Michael Scroggins, MichaelScroggins.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Site Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|duplicate the site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various sites containing identical settings and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a regional company, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Website With Correct Referencing Links.
Simply backing up WP files and uploading WP files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why it’s important to have a backup plugin that has been specifically developed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now functional again and you can send the damaged site’s files to a WordPress troubleshooting expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important data are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall the time when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software sells for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing:
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your business remains protected from disaster. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Sites