One of the serious consequences of doing business in today’s online world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely destroyed.
If you own any web assets like a website or blog, then you need to prioritize website security and the importance of developing a site security plan.
As well as developing an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from accidents that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to set up many websites or blogs, having a smart way to copy site data from one site to another would be really convenient.
As any experienced website owner has learned, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is something that everyone should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally changing things that end up disrupting your site is all part of running a digital presence. If something tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to restore old data, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and site files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Site
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and file backups, cloning your websites and content and keeping your WordPress websites protected.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your web site, the plugin settings can be easily configured. Backup Creator lets you perform automatically scheduled backups, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using hosting storage applications from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
Learn more about the plugin here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Easy & Quick To Install
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP admin account and activate.
Enter the license code emailed to you after purchase and the software is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All tasks can be completed in a few simple mouse clicks. No web programming experience is required.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your website data can be quickly recovered should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Just set up your master site and then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be restored should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the storage location of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your data and files to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another WP blog, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy unlimited preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator takes over and does the work for you. No cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a few of the testimonials that plugin users have provided for Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly how you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it to a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs which contain identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Blog With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading WP files won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs reference the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why you need to use a backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now instantly restored and you can then send the damaged files to an support expert who can then try to figure out how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing information are very low because you no longer have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall the time when you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing at the time this content was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the product author when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing information:
For ”how to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress sites.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Web Site