One of the downsides of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our web assets hacked into and our business and personal data wiped out.
If you manage anything where data can be accessed online like a blog or company website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the importance of developing an online security plan.
In addition to having an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from mistakes that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate once it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If areas of your business involve working with a number of websites or blogs, having a simple way of copying web site information from one website to another can be really convenient.
As every experienced webmaster will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s files, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few site owners religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that can wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to recover old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Websites And Blogs
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WP plugin that allows you to back up your website data, clone all of your websites and content and keep your WP websites protected.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your WP website, you can quickly and easily configure the settings for the plugin. You can configure scheduled backups to run automatically, backups using email, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, or store backups remotely using storage storage applications like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Go To Work In No Time
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating regular backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress web sites really simple. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. This makes it an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time restoring your information in case of an irreparable problem, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Just set up your prototype website and instantly clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many great features to website owners. Here are just some:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click 1 button to backup your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure location of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone it straight from another site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, restore, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are some of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the steps needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can simply set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|clone the site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various sites using identical settings and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a regional retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in various locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Location With Correct Internal Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading WP file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why it’s important to have a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically created to clone sites. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can send the damaged site’s files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important files are almost negligible because you don’t have to worry about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall the time you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the price when this article was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your website remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Web Sites