The Internet Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are continuously under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own any business assets like a blog or website, then you need to always keep in mind website security and the urgency of developing an online security and site recovery plan.
In addition to implementing an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from internal and external issues that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If your business requires setting up a number of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to duplicate website information from one website to another can be really convenient.
As every experienced website owner eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and making errors that wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to restore lost content, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s a simple and inexpensive solution that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and site files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Websites
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WordPress plugin that allows you to backup your site files, clone your websites and keep your WP websites and blogs protected with just a few clicks.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your website or blog, it’s really easy to configure your settings for your plugin. The plugin lets you configure automatically scheduled backups, backups using email, backups using FTP, backups to the cloud, or even remote backups using third-party storage applications like Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
To learn more about this plugin go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Very Easy To Install
Backup Creator installs like every other WP plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered the license key, the plugin unlocks and the application will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. No web coding skills are required.
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site’s data can be restored should your site ever go through any kind of should your web site experience irreparable problems, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can then create as many copies as you want to any new sites you have set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhosting service and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many features to web site owners. Here are just some:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click one button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup to the storage location of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Instant Backup Restore. Instantly restore your WP data to any destination you like. You can copy files straight from another blog, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows you to deploy any number of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over and does the rest for you. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a couple of the testimonials and comments plugin users have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes required to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it on another domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various blogs including identical plugins and settings in other niche areas. This could be for a franchised company, or a real estate agency with offices in different locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Blog With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring WP file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that was specifically developed to clone sites. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are almost negligible because you no longer need to worry about where things are stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the product retails for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details here:
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Site Protected