One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Electronic Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of online theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or destroyed.
If you manage any business assets like a blog or website, then you need to prioritize online security and the urgency of creating an online security plan.
In addition to creating an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from errors that can result in loss of data and set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business involves setting up a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way to copy website information from one website to another would be most convenient.
As the wise adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and installing programs that wreck your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital presence. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost content, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Web Sites Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site backups, copying your websites and content and keeping your WP sites protected.
After installing and activating the software on your site, it’s very easy to configure the settings for your plugin. The plugin lets you perform automatically scheduled backups, email backups, backups via FTP, cloud backups, and even remote backups using web hosting solutions such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs like any other plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress administrator login and activate.
Enter the license code to unlock the plugin and the application is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and WP sites. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. No coding experience is required.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will experience knowing that your site’s data can be quickly and easily retrieved should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can then create as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Create Instant Backups. Click one button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the storage destination of your choice. You can download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress site to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another WordPress, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. No cron or FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have published about Backup Creator:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to go through when setting up new sites, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact replica of site and then restore it on another location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites using identical settings and configurations in different niche areas. This could be for a regional company, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Web Site With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading WordPress files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs reference the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why you need to use a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly back and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing content are very low because you don’t need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this content was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WP Web Site Protected