One of the downsides of doing business in today’s global world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our digital information being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you manage anything where data can be accessed online like a business blog or website, then you need to prioritize website security and the urgency of having an online business security plan.
As well as creating an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from internal and external issues that can result in loss of data and set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to clone many websites or blogs, having a time-saving way of copying website information from one site to another can be very convenient.
As any experienced website owner knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website and blog data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old content, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and website files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WP Websites
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you back up your site files, copy all of your blogs and content and keep your WP sites protected.
Once you have installed the software on your website or blog, it’s really easy to configure the settings for your plugin. The plugin lets you configure automatically scheduled backups, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, or store backups remotely using external storage applications from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering the license code, the plugin unlocks and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress web sites. All tasks can be completed with a few simple mouse clicks. No web programming knowledge is necessary.
Save Lots Of Time
As well as saving time restoring your site should your site ever suffer any kind of loss, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you want to set up in other locations. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Back Up Large Sites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many great features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it securely to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore To Any WP Installation. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another website, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin does the automatically. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your data backups in a single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Here are some of the testimonials that customers have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Site Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to document when setting up a new site, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|recreate your site and then restore it on a new domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites using identical plugins and settings in other niche markets. This could be for a national retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in various locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Copy A Web Site With Correct Internal Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another domain, but still be pointing back to the old location. That’s why you need to have a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately restored and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are minimal because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express edition lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin is selling for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product author when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is a vital part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Web Sites Protected