One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you own any business assets like a business blog or website, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the importance of having an online security plan.
In addition to developing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental errors that can result in loss of data and set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If parts of your business involve working with many websites or blogs, having a simple way to clone site information from one site to another would be really convenient.
As every wise website manager eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP site’s data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that disrupt your site is all part of the reality of managing an online presence. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected
(Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Sites)
Backup Creator is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your site back ups, copy all of your blogs and content and keep your WP websites protected with just a few clicks.
After the plugin is installed on your WordPress site, your plugin settings can be easily configured. You can set up automatically scheduled backups, email backups, backups using FTP, cloud backups, or store backups remotely using web storage solutions such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Installation Is Easy
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress admin user area and activate.
After entering your license code, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and websites really simple. All tasks can be completed in a couple of mouse clicks. This makes it an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site’s data can be retrieved if anything happens, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master site, you can instantly create as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides a number of features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these features:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. Click 1 button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the destination of your choice. You can download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Instantly To Anywhere. Instantly restore your website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another site, upload via your internet browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
The plugin backs up everything in seconds …
You can restore your backups easily whenever you want using various backup restore methods …
You can also store your backups remotely, or in the cloud …
Feedback From Users
Here are some of the testimonials that users have written about Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through when setting up a new site, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|reproduce your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites including identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niches. This could be for a national company, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each office will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every single time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old site. This is why it’s important to use a WP backup plugin that was specifically created for cloning. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing information are minimal because you don’t need to worry about where things are stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the software seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an essential part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Website