Living and doing business in the Information Age has many benefits and advantages. However, we also live in a world where we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming a victim of online theft, having our digital assets being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you own or manage anything where data can be viewed online like a blog or company website, then you need to carefully consider website security and the urgency of creating a digital security and site recovery plan.
As well as having an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing valuable data from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to set up multiple websites or blogs, having an efficient way of duplicating website information from one site to another would be really convenient.
As every experienced webmaster will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website data, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that permanently damage your site is all part of the reality of managing a digital business presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to restore old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Site Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your website and data backups, copying your sites and content and keeping your WordPress websites protected.
After installing Backup Creator on your web site, you can easily configure your plugin settings. Backup Creator lets you configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, backups via FTP, backups via the cloud, and even remote backups using 3rd-party data storage services such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator installs like any other WP plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key to unlock the plugin and the software is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing data backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and sites really simple. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. This makes it an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from the time you will save restoring your website should anything happen, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can then create as many copies as you want to any new sites you have set up on other domains. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Backs Up Big Websites: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many plugin customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily restored should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers many features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to back up your website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it securely to the destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files directly from another WordPress, upload via your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your data backups in a single offsite storage location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform full backups with just one click …
Below are just some testimonials and feedback plugin customers have provided for Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, back it up|reproduce your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites that use identical settings and configurations in other niches. This could be for a nationwide food service outlet, or a real estate agency with branches in various locations, where each office will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Site With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important content are minimal because you no longer have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost to purchase Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing at the time this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully clone your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Web Site Protected