Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many advantages. However, we also live in an environment where we are constantly under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own any business assets like a website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the urgency of having an internet security and data recovery plan.
In addition to having an online security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of valuable data from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business require setting up a number of websites or blogs, having a simple way of duplicating website data from one website to another would be quite convenient.
As any experienced webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP digital data, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, website owners rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and changing things that can break your site is all part of the reality of owning an online presence. If something tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to recover lost content, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and website files, clone your site to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Sites Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your site data, cloning all of your websites and content and keeping your WP web sites protected.
After installing and activating the plugin on your website or blog, the plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. The plugin lets you configure automatic backups, backups via email, FTP backups, cloud backups, and remote backups using web storage solutions like Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly back up, restore and protect your blogs and websites. It only takes a few mouse clicks. No coding experience is required.
Apart from the time you will save restoring your data and files if anything happens, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master site, you can instantly create as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Backs Up Big Websites: Quite often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily restored should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many great features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click one button to back up your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files to the storage location of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress data and files to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another blog, upload using your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over and does the rest automatically for you. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback users have submitted regarding Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Real-Time Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the steps required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact copy of site and then restore it on another domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites using identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a regional retailer, or a travel agency with branches in different locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old site. This is why it’s important to use a WordPress backup plugin that is specifically developed for cloning. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly restored and you can then send the damaged files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important data are extremely low because you no longer have to worry about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just go back to when you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was current at the time this article was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Website