Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many advantages. However, we also live in an environment where we are continuously under the potential threat of having our web assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you own any business assets like a website for your business, then you need to carefully consider website security and the urgency of implementing an online business security and site recovery plan.
As well as developing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from internal and external issues that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business requires cloning a number of websites or blogs, having an automated way of duplicating website information from one website to another can be really convenient.
As every experienced webmaster has learnt, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web data, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing software that wreck your site is all part of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to restore lost files, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and previous website data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Websites And Blogs
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and file backups, copying your websites and blogs and keeping your WP websites and blogs protected.
Once you have installed and activated the software on your WP web site, your settings for the plugin can be easily configured. You can configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, and even remote backups using third-party storage applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Start Using In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs like any plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your admin user login and activate.
Enter the license code to unlock your plugin and the software will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and WP websites. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. No coding knowledge is required.
Saves Loads Of Time
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your website can be retrieved in the event of an irreparable problem, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Easy Backup Retrieval. Instantly restore your WP data and files to any destination you like. You can copy files directly from another WP blog, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator does the rest. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform complete backups with just one click …
Here are some of the testimonials users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps required to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|duplicate your site and then restore it to a new domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites which use identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a regional retailer, or a real estate agency with branches in various locations, where each office will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every single time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Domain With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs reference the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why you need to use a backup plugin that was specifically developed to clone sites. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged files to an expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important content are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where things are stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing shown above was current at the time this content was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product developer when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an important part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your data remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WP Web Sites