The Internet Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are constantly under the potential threat of having our web assets being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you manage any business assets like a website or blog, then you need to pay careful attention to website security and the importance of developing a site security plan.
In addition to creating an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental mistakes that can result in losing data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If your business requires cloning multiple websites or blogs, having a smart way to copy website data from one site to another can be quite convenient.
As the old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP site’s data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and installing programs that wreck your site is all part of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered web site, then there’s an easy solution that allows you to create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Sites Protected
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your website and data back ups, clone all of your sites and content and keep your WP websites and blogs protected.
Once the software is installed and activated on your website, you can easily configure the plugin settings. You can configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, backups via FTP, backups using the cloud, and even store backups remotely using web storage tools from Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Start Using In Minutes
Backup Creator installs just like any WordPress plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP admin login and activate.
After entering the license code, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of performing site backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and websites really simple. All tasks can be completed in a few mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time recovering your website should your site ever experience some kind of disaster, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Just set up your prototype site and instantly create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you have set up. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly restored should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many great features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files to the secure location of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your data to any destination you like. You can clone data directly from another WP website, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited number of client sites preconfigured in a few seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your backups and clones in a single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are some of the testimonials customers have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”You have truly created one of the finest plugins I have ever used. I believe it is the first one that has ever been as simple to use at it was shown on the sales video.”Michael Scroggins, MichaelScroggins.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Website Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through when setting up new sites, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|make an exact replica of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various blogs using identical settings and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a nationwide company, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each office will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Site With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why it’s important to have a WordPress backup plugin that has been specifically created for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly back and you can then send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important content are very low because you don’t need to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price when this review was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an important part of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Website