One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming victims of cyber crime, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you own or manage any web assets like a business website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the importance of having an internet security and data recovery plan.
In addition to having an online security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from accidental errors that can result in losing data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business require working with a number of websites or blogs, having a simple way of cloning web site data from one website to another can be very convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is something that everybody should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and changing things that wreck your site is all part of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost files, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and website or blog files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website’s data and files, copying your websites and blogs and keeping your WP websites and blogs protected.
After installing Backup Creator on your site, it’s easy to configure your plugin settings. Backup Creator lets you perform automatically scheduled backups, email backups, backups using FTP, backups using the cloud, or even store backups remotely using 3rd-party hosting solutions such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
Go here to learn more: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip folder containing the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered the license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of performing file and data backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and sites really simple. All it takes is a couple of mouse clicks. No programming skills are necessary.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your site can be quickly and easily restored should you experience problems, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly restored should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click one button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files securely to the storage location of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore To Any Location. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another WordPress, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are just some testimonials users have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes required to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact replica of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites including identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a national company, or a travel agency with offices in different locations, where each office will run their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Site With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply backing up WP files and uploading WP file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why you need to have a WP backup plugin that is specifically developed for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s files to a WordPress support expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complicated and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are minimal because you don’t need to worry about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just go back to the time when you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Price details for the Backup Creator plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing shown above was current at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details:
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your data remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected