One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or wiped out.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a website or blog, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the urgency of developing an internet security plan.
In addition to developing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from errors that can result in data loss and set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If aspects of your business involve working with many websites or blogs, having a smart way of duplicating website data from one website to another would be very convenient.
As any wise webmaster eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore old content, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website or blog, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your blogs, copying your blogs and content and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
Once Backup Creator is installed on your WP web site, the settings for the plugin can be quickly and easily configured. The plugin allows you to set up automatic backups, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using 3rd-party hosting applications like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Use In Minutes
Backup Creator installs like any WP plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your admin login and activate.
Enter the license code sent to you after purchase and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly back up, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All tasks can be completed in a couple of mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site’s data can be instantly retrieved should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can instantly clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Back Up Large Sites: Quite often, owners of sites or blogs that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many plugin users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files securely to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your site to any destination you like. You can copy files directly from another WP blog, upload using your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over and does the job automatically. No cron or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are just some testimonials that plugin customers have submitted regarding Backup Creator:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the steps required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|reproduce your site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites with identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a nationwide food service outlet, or a travel agency with branches in various locations, where each office will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Location With Correct Internal Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WP files won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why it’s important to have a backup plugin that is specifically designed to clone sites. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly back and you can send the damaged site’s files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important data are extremely low because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall the time you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost of purchasing Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product sells for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For demo videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress sites.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Web Site Protected