One of the downsides of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our business information being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen.
If you manage anything where information can be accessed online like a business website, then you need to carefully consider online security and the urgency of developing a digital security and site recovery plan.
As well as having an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from human mistakes that can result in data loss and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from loads of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way of copying website data from one website to another would be quite convenient.
As any wise webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, website owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that wreck your site is all part of the reality of running a digital presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered website, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you schedule and automate your website and data backups, duplicate your websites and keep your WP websites protected with just a few clicks.
Once Backup Creator has been installed on your WP website, your settings for the plugin can be quickly and easily configured. Backup Creator lets you perform automatic backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, or store backups remotely using external storage services like Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator installs just like any WordPress plugin. Simply upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your administrator area and activate.
Enter the license code you’ve received with your purchase receipt and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and WP sites. All tasks can be completed in a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your data and files can be recovered should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can then clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhosting service and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many unique features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to instantly back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Easy Backup Restore. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another WP site, upload using your browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in a few seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over and does the backups automatically. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are just some testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have provided for Backup Creator:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|clone the site and then restore it to another domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs containing identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a nationwide retailer, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each office will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Site With Correct Destination Links.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another domain, but still be pointing back to the old site. That’s why you need to have a WordPress backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be up and running again and you can then send the damaged site’s files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important data are very low because you don’t need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Price details for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how to” videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is a vital part of doing business online and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Websites