One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Information Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming victims of online crime, having our digital assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or deleted.
If you own or manage any business assets like a website or blog, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of developing an internet security plan.
As well as developing an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from mistakes that can set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If aspects of your business require working with multiple websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to clone web site data from one website to another would be really convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, website owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to restore lost information, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WP Site
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WP plugin that lets you schedule and automate your site and file back ups, clone your websites and keep your WP web sites protected.
Once you have installed and activated the software on your WordPress website, you can quickly and easily configure the settings for the plugin. You can set up scheduled backups to run automatically, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, or store backups remotely using data storage applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
To learn more about this plugin go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
After entering your license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing data backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress websites really simple. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. This makes it an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from the time you will be able to save recovering your site if anything happens, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then create as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many plugin users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be quickly and easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides a number of features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it securely to the location of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any WordPress Site Or Blog. Instantly restore your WP backup to any destination you like. You can copy it straight from another blog, upload via your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator takes over and does the work automatically for you. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform full site backups with just one click …
Here are a couple of the testimonials that customers have published about Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through when setting up a new site, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact duplicate of site and then restore it to a new location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites containing identical plugins and settings in different niche markets. This could be for a regional company, or a travel agency with offices in several locations, where each branch will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Site With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress files won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be referencing the old location. This is why it’s important to have a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically developed to clone sites. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now instantly back and you can then send the damaged files to an troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important files are quite low because you don’t need to be concerned about where things are stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The cost to purchase the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the plugin author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP site’s files and database is a vital part of doing business online and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Web Site Protected