One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Information Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming victims of cyber theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen.
If you manage any online assets like a blog or company website, then you need to carefully consider website security and the importance of having an online security and data recovery plan.
As well as implementing an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing data from human mistakes that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to copy data from a number of websites or blogs, having an automated way of copying website data from one site to another would be very convenient.
As the wise adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital presence. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a way to recover lost content, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then there’s an easy tool that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Site Protected
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your site files, cloning your websites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
Once the plugin is installed and activated on your site, you can quickly and easily configure the settings for the plugin. You can set up backups to run automatically, email backups, backups using FTP, backups using the cloud, or remote backups using external storage tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Easy To Install
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user section and activate.
Enter the license code to unlock your plugin and the software is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly back up, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress web sites. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. No web coding knowledge is necessary.
Save Lots Of Time
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will experience knowing that your data and files can be retrieved if anything happens, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Just set up your master site and instantly create as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be instantly restored should any kind of problem affect your site is priceless, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers many great features to WP users. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it securely to the destination of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your data to any destination you like. You can copy files directly from another website, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited number of client sites preconfigured in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over and does the work automatically. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments customers have published about Backup Creator:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes required to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|reproduce your site and then restore it to a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites containing identical plugins and settings in different niche markets. This could be for a regional food service outlet, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Copy A Website With Correct Referencing Links.
Simply backing up WP files and uploading file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another location, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why you need to use a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now functional again and you can send the damaged site’s files to an troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important files are minimal because you don’t have to be concerned about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was correct when this content was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For demo videos showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP site’s files and database is an important aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites and blogs.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Web Site Protected