One of the downsides of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our digital files hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own anything where data can be viewed online like a website or blog, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the importance of developing an internet security plan.
As well as having an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from accidental mistakes that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If you need to clone a number of websites or blogs, having an automated way of duplicating site information from one site to another would be most convenient.
As the wise adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your digital data, therefore, is something that everybody should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that ruin your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital presence. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to recover lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WP Websites Protected
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your website and data backups, clone all of your sites and keep your WP websites protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your WordPress website, it’s very easy to configure your settings for your plugin. You can set up automatic backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups using the cloud, or even remote backups using storage storage tools like Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
To learn more about this plugin go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Use In Minutes
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and WP sites. All tasks can be completed in a few simple mouse clicks. No programming knowledge is necessary.
As well as the time you will be able to save restoring your information should you experience problems, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master site, you can instantly create as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Back Up Big Sites: Often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be quickly and easily restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is priceless, especially if things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many great features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Create Instant Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it securely to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore To Anywhere. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can clone data directly from another WordPress, upload via your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software does the rest. No cron or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your data backups in one single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Here are a couple of the testimonials users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the steps you would normally have to document when setting up new sites, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact duplicate of site and then restore it on another location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various blogs including identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a national retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Blog With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old site. That’s why you need to use a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically created to clone sites. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly restored and you can then send the damaged files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are quite low because you no longer have to be concerned about where everything is stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was correct at the time this content was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an important aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your business remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Website