Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many benefits. However, we also live in an environment where we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming a victim of electronic crime, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or destroyed.
If you manage any online assets like a business website, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the importance of developing an online security and data recovery plan.
As well as creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing important data from accidental errors that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If your business involves cloning a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way to duplicate site data from one site to another can be most convenient.
As every experienced website owner knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website and blog files, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few website owners religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing programs that end up disrupting your site is all part of having a digital presence. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a way to restore lost information, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then there’s a simple tool that allows you to create backups of your WordPress database and site files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WP Websites Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and data backups, cloning all of your websites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
After Backup Creator has been installed and activated on your web site, you can easily configure the plugin settings. You can perform automatic backups, email backups, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using web storage solutions like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy, Simple And Fast
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress administrator section and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly back up, restore and protect your blogs and web sites. Everything can be done with a couple of mouse clicks. No coding skills are required.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your website data can be quickly retrieved should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Just set up your master and instantly create as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Back Up Large Websites: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is a priceless benefit, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click 1 button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the storage destination of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Instant Backup Restore. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can copy it straight from another WordPress, upload via your internet browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software does the automatically. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your site backups in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a couple of the testimonials that plugin customers have submitted for the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the steps you would normally have to go through in order to set up a new site, you can simply set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|clone your site and then restore it to another domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites using identical settings and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a nationwide company, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each office will run their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Domain With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why it’s important to have a WordPress backup plugin that has been specifically developed to clone sites. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be functional again and you can send the damaged files to an troubleshooting expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are almost negligible because you don’t need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin is selling for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the product author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For demo videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an essential part of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Websites And Blogs