One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Information Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming a victim of electronic crime, having our business information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you own any business assets like a blog or company website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of developing a website security plan.
As well as implementing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from internal and external issues that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from loads of websites or blogs, having a smart way of copying web site information from one site to another can be most convenient.
As any wise website owner eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s files, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few website owners do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing programs that permanently damage your site is all part of doing business online. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old data, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WP Site Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site backups, cloning your websites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
After installing and activating the plugin on your WP website, it’s very easy to configure your settings for your plugin. The plugin lets you configure scheduled backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups using FTP, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using hosting hosting services like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Fast & Easy Installation
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your admin account and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing site backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and sites very simple. It only takes a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as the time you will be able to save recovering your site should you experience problems, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master site, you can then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Many plugin users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhosting service and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be quickly and easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is priceless, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many unique features to web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Create Instant Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the storage location of your choice. You can download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WP backup to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a few of the testimonials users have submitted regarding Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to document when setting up new sites, you can just set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it on another domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of websites with identical plugins and settings in different niche areas. This could be for a national retailer, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Site With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading WordPress files won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and ensure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old site. This is why you need to have a WP backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are extremely low because you don’t need to be concerned about where everything is stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was current at the time this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the plugin seller when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
Additional Plugin Information
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP website is an integral part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your data remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Site Protected