The Information Age has revolutionized how we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are constantly under the potential threat of digital theft, having our digital assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely destroyed.
If you manage any web assets like a website for your business, then you need to always keep in mind website security and the urgency of implementing an internet security plan.
As well as developing an online security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing important data from internal and external issues that can set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If your business requires setting up loads of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to copy website data from one website to another can be really convenient.
As the old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your site data, therefore, is something that everybody should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few website owners remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to recover old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Sites
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WP plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your website and data backups, copy all of your blogs and content and keep your WordPress websites and blogs protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
After installing and activating the software on your web site, the settings for the plugin can be quickly and easily configured. The plugin allows you to configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, backups via FTP, backups via the cloud, and even remote backups using external data hosting services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Quick & Easy Installation
Backup Creator installs like any WP plugin. Simply upload a zip file that contains the plugin to your Plugin folder via your administrator login and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license key, the plugin unlocks and the application will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating regular backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress websites very simple. Everything can be done with a couple of mouse clicks. No programming knowledge is required.
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind of knowing that your site can be easily restored should anything happen, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Just set up your prototype website and then create as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up on other locations. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Backs Up Big Sites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be quickly and easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click one button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure location of your choice. You can download your backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Instant Backup Retrieval. Instantly restore your website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone files straight from another WP website, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are just some testimonials and feedback customers have provided for Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Site Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes necessary to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|copy your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of websites including identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a nationwide retailer, or an insurance agency with branches in various locations, where each branch will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Blog With Correct Destination Links.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why you need to use a backup plugin that was specifically created for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site will be up and running again and you can then send the damaged files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important content are almost negligible because you don’t need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall the time when you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin is selling for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Web Sites Protected