One of the downsides of doing business in today’s virtual world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of identity theft, having our web assets being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or destroyed.
If you own or manage any web assets like a business website, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the importance of developing an internet security plan.
In addition to having an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing data from accidents that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to set up many websites or blogs, having a simple way of duplicating web site information from one site to another would be very convenient.
As the old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is something that every website owner should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that wreck your site is all part of having an online business presence. If something tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a way to recover lost content, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous website information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Web Site
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WP plugin that lets you backup your websites, copy all of your websites and blogs and keep your WP web sites protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
After installing Backup Creator on your WordPress website, your plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. You can set up automatic backups, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even remote backups using web storage applications like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
After entering a license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and websites. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. No coding experience is required.
As well as saving time restoring your website data if anything happens, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype website, you can then clone as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Backs Up Big Websites: Often, owners of websites that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhost and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily restored should any kind of problem affect your site is priceless, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers many great features to website owners. Here are just some:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it securely to the storage location of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore To Any Location. Instantly restore your WordPress web site or blog to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files directly from another WP blog, upload using your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, restore, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a few of the testimonials plugin customers have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of Website Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the steps you would normally have to document in order to create new sites, you can simply set up your blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact duplicate of site and then restore it on a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites containing identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a national retailer, or an insurance agency with branches in several locations, where each store will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Blog With Correct Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading WP files won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old location. That’s why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that is specifically developed to clone sites. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly returned to normal and you can send the damaged files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are extremely low because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall when you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The price of the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this review was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an important part of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your content remains protected from disaster. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Web Site