The Digital Age has revolutionized the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming victims of electronic crime, having our web information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen.
If you manage anything where information can be accessed online like a blog or website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of developing an internet security and site recovery plan.
In addition to developing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental mistakes that can result in loss of important data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business require working with loads of websites or blogs, having a smart way of copying website information from one website to another can be very convenient.
As any experienced webmaster will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s data, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that disrupt your site is all part of the reality of owning a digital business presence. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to recover lost information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered web site, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and website files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Site Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and data backups, duplicating your sites and content and keeping your WordPress sites protected.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your site, the plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. You can configure automatically scheduled backups, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, and remote backups using web hosting tools from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
Go here to learn more about this plugin: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Very Easy To Install
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license code, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of creating regular backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and websites very simple. All tasks can be completed with a few simple mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time restoring your information if anything happens, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can then create as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be quickly and easily restored should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides a number of features to site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it securely to the destination of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Any WP Site. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another site, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin does the automatically. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a couple of the testimonials customers have submitted regarding the Backup Creator plugin:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
”One of my best purchases this year. I’m building hundreds of evergreen and minisites over the next year or so and this will save me a ton of time and money. I was lucky enough to see the power and potential of buying this right away and got it for $7, incredible!! I appreciate that you made us a version of backing up our sites that is very inexpensive (even now) and has so many applications. Thanks again and I’m sure this will be a tool that I will be using for years to come.” Morris Murphy, MobulIsNoBull.mobi
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the steps needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact replica of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several blogs using identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a national company, or a travel agency with branches in different locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Site With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring WordPress files won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old location. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing information are almost negligible because you no longer need to worry about where you have stored or organized everything. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The price of the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software sells for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your data remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WP Sites Protected