One of the downsides of doing business in today’s cyber economy is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our digital information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a business website, then you need to prioritize online security and the urgency of developing an internet security and site recovery plan.
In addition to having an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of important data from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If your business requires cloning many websites or blogs, having an automated way to clone web site information from one site to another would be really convenient.
As any experienced webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is something that everyone should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, website owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and doing things that permanently damage your site is all part of doing business online. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore old information, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered website or blog, then there’s a simple solution that lets you create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Website
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and data backups, duplicating your websites and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
After installing Backup Creator on your WP web site, the settings for the plugin can be easily configured. Backup Creator lets you configure scheduled backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups via FTP, backups via the cloud, or store backups remotely using external hosting tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your administrator login and activate.
Enter the license key sent to you with your purchase receipt and the software is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress sites very simple. Everything can be done in a few mouse clicks. No web programming knowledge is required.
As well as saving time restoring your data should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should any kind of problem affect your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click one button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup to the secure destination of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another WP site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your data backups in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform full backups with just one click …
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have published about Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through when setting up a new site, you can just set up your site exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|duplicate your site and then restore it on another domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs containing identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a national retailer, or a real estate agency with branches in several locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old site. This is why it’s important to use a WordPress backup plugin that has been specifically created for cloning. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now functional again and you can send the damaged site’s files to an troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing information are almost negligible because you don’t have to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: your backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost of purchasing the Backup Creator software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was correct when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your website remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress sites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Website