One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Electronic Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where information can be viewed online like a blog or website, then you need to carefully consider digital security and the importance of implementing an internet security plan.
In addition to having an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from human actions that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that many people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to clone many websites or blogs, having an efficient way to copy website information from one site to another can be really convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and installing programs that bring down your site is all part of managing an online business presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to recover old information, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and site files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Web Sites
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your blogs, copying your websites and blogs and keeping your WP web sites protected.
Once the software has been installed on your WP site, your plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. Backup Creator allows you to configure backups to run automatically, backups via email, backups via FTP, backups to the cloud, and even remote backups using storage storage services from Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Go here to learn more: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Ready To Start Using In No Time
Backup Creator installs like any WP plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your admin user area and activate.
Enter the license code required to unlock the plugin and the application will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and WP web sites. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time restoring your site’s data in case of a tragedy, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Just set up your prototype website and instantly create as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be quickly and easily restored should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers a number of features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup to the storage destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can copy data straight from another WP site, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over and does the rest for you. No cron or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Backup With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have published about Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it to a new location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites with identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a franchised retailer, or a real estate agency with offices in different locations, where each branch will run their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Blog With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading WP file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why you need to have a WP backup plugin that was specifically created for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be up and running again and you can then send the damaged files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important content are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where things are stored or organized. Just recall the time when you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software retails for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites and blogs.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Sites