One of the downsides of doing business in today’s global world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business assets hacked into and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where data can be viewed online like a business blog or website, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the urgency of creating an online security plan.
As well as creating an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from internal and external issues that can result in losing data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business requires cloning loads of websites or blogs, having an automated way to copy website data from one site to another would be very convenient.
As any experienced website owner will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your site’s files, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that permanently damage your site is all part of the reality of running a digital presence. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s a simple solution that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected
Backup Creator is a powerful WP plugin that lets you back up your websites, clone your websites and content and keep your WP websites and blogs protected.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin on your site, you can easily configure your plugin settings. You can set up scheduled backups to run automatically, backups via email, FTP backups, backups via the cloud, and store backups remotely using data hosting applications like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering your license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up and restoring and protecting your blogs and WP web sites really simple. It only takes a few mouse clicks. No web programming knowledge is necessary.
Apart from the time you will save recovering your information should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your prototype site and then clone as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your hosting service and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many unique features to web site owners. Here are just a few:
- Create Instant Backups. Click one button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files to the storage location of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Anywhere. Instantly restore your web site or blog to any destination you like. You can clone data directly from another website, upload via your internet browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of client sites pre-configured in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. No cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups in a single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
Here are a few of the testimonials users have submitted regarding the Backup Creator plugin:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the steps necessary to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your site exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it to another location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs with identical settings and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a national retailer, or a real estate agency with branches in various locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading WordPress file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old location. That’s why you need to use a backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important files are minimal because you don’t have to worry about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the price at the time this content was published. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WordPress Site Protected