Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many benefits. However, we also live in a world where we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business files being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data wiped out.
If you own anything where information can be accessed online like a website for your business, then you need to always keep in mind website security and the urgency of developing a website security plan.
As well as developing an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from mistakes that can result in losing valuable data and set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate once it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If parts of your business involve working with multiple websites or blogs, having an efficient way to duplicate site information from one site to another can be really convenient.
As the wise old adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing scripts that end up disrupting your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to recover lost content, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then there’s a simple software-based application that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WP Web Site
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your blogs, copying your websites and keeping your WordPress websites protected.
After installing and activating Backup Creator on your WP web site, it’s easy to configure the plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, and remote backups using storage storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
To learn more about the plugin go here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Very Easy To Install
Backup Creator installs like any regular plugin. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key required to unlock the plugin and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of backing up as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and websites very simple. All it takes is a couple of mouse clicks. No programming skills are necessary.
Apart from saving time recovering your website should a a serious problem arise, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Just set up your prototype site and instantly clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up elsewhere. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is priceless, especially if things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Instant Backups. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup securely to the destination of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone it directly from another WP site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your site backups in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are some of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have submitted regarding the Backup Creator plugin:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the steps needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs that use identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niche areas. This could be for a national company, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Domain With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your site URLs reference the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old location. This is why you need to have a WordPress backup plugin that is specifically created to clone sites. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly back and you can then send the damaged site’s files to an expert who can then try to figure out how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing data are minimal because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall the time you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: the backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express edition lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price when this review was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here:
Additional Plugin Information
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your website or blog remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Website Protected