The Electronic Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are constantly under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen.
If you own anything where information can be visited online like a business website, then you need to always keep in mind digital security and the importance of creating an digital business security and data recovery plan.
In addition to creating an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from internal and external issues that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business involves cloning multiple websites or blogs, having an automated way of copying site information from one site to another can be most convenient.
As any wise website manager will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web data, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and making errors that can wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover lost files, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous website information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and website files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and content.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Website
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WordPress plugin that lets you schedule and automate your site and data backups, clone all of your sites and keep your WP websites protected with just a few clicks.
Once you have installed and activated the software on your WordPress website or blog, your settings for the plugin can be quickly and easily configured. You can perform automatically scheduled backups, email backups, backups using FTP, backups using the cloud, and even remote backups using storage storage tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Use In Minutes
Backup Creator installs like every WP plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your admin user login and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of performing file and data backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress web sites very simple. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Save Valuable Time
As well as the time you will be able to save recovering your information should a a serious problem arise, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can instantly create as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Backs Up Big Sites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be restored should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers many features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these features:
- Create Backups Instantly. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the secure location of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your WordPress backup to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files directly from another site, upload via your internet browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over and does the work automatically for you. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups in one single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are just some testimonials and comments plugin users have submitted for the Backup Creator plugin:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”One of my best purchases this year. I’m building hundreds of evergreen and minisites over the next year or so and this will save me a ton of time and money. I was lucky enough to see the power and potential of buying this right away and got it for $7, incredible!! I appreciate that you made us a version of backing up our sites that is very inexpensive (even now) and has so many applications. Thanks again and I’m sure this will be a tool that I will be using for years to come.” Morris Murphy, MobulIsNoBull.mobi
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Website Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to document when setting up a new site, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|reproduce the site and then restore it on another domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of blogs including identical plugins and settings in different niches. This could be for a nationwide retailer, or a travel agency with offices in various locations, where each branch will run their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Web Site With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old location. That’s why you need to use a backup plugin that has been specifically designed for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now instantly returned to normal and you can send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to patch up or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important data are almost negligible because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall the time when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Price details for the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Site