One of the downsides of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen.
If you manage anything where data can be visited online like a business blog or website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of implementing an online business security plan.
In addition to having an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental mistakes that can result in losing important data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If aspects of your business require working with many websites or blogs, having a time-saving way of cloning web site information from one site to another can be very convenient.
As the wise saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website files, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few website owners religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and changing things that disrupt your site is all part of managing an online presence. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to restore old content, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s an easy plugin that allows you to create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Websites And Blogs Protected
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and file backups, duplicating your sites and content and keeping your WP websites and blogs protected.
After the software has been installed on your WordPress website, your settings for the plugin can be quickly and easily configured. You can perform automatically scheduled backups, backups using email, FTP backups, backups using the cloud, and remote backups using hosting storage applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Installation Is Easy And Quick
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WP admin section and activate.
Enter the license key sent to you after purchase and the software is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress sites. It only takes a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data and files can be quickly and easily recovered if anything happens, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your master website and instantly clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you have set up. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your hosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many unique features to WP users. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore To Anywhere. Instantly restore your WP data and files to any destination you like. You can copy it straight from another site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator takes over. No cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your backups in a single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are a couple of the testimonials plugin customers have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites containing identical settings and configurations in other niche areas. This could be for a franchised retailer, or a real estate agency with branches in different locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Web Site With Correct Internal URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WordPress files won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another location, but still be referencing the old site. That’s why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that was specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important files are almost negligible because you don’t have to be concerned about where things are stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express license lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the product sells for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
Additional Plugin Info
For ”how to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is an important part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Web Sites