One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own anything where information can be accessed online like a website for your organization, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of developing a site security and site recovery plan.
In addition to having an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from internal and external issues that can set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way to duplicate website data from one website to another can be really convenient.
As the wise old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is absolutely essential. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to recover old data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and site files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Web Sites
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for backing up your websites, duplicating all of your websites and keeping your WP websites protected.
After the software is installed on your website, the plugin settings can be easily configured. You can set up backups to run automatically, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, or remote backups using third-party storage tools such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Learn more about the plugin here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key to unlock the plugin and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. No web coding experience is necessary.
As well as the time you will be able to save recovering your site’s data should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your prototype site and instantly clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially if your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the destination of your choice. Download your backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your backup to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another blog, upload via your internet browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, restore, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback users have written about Backup Creator:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to go through when setting up a new site, you can just set up your site exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites including identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a nationwide food service outlet, or an insurance agency with branches in different locations, where each branch will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Location With Correct Destination Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring WP file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and ensure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old site. This is why it’s important to have a backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now up and running again and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complicated and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing content are minimal because you no longer need to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost of purchasing this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct at the time this content was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is an essential aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely copy your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP web sites.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Sites