One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Electronic Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming a victim of digital crime, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a business website, then you need to carefully consider digital security and the importance of creating a site security and data recovery plan.
As well as creating an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from accidental mistakes that can result in losing data and set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business involve setting up many websites or blogs, having a simple way of duplicating website data from one website to another can be most convenient.
As any experienced webmaster eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web files, therefore, is key. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally changing things that bring down your site is all part of running an online presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and previous website information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s a simple plugin that allows you to create backups of your WP database and site files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Web Sites Protected
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your website files, cloning all of your blogs and content and keeping your WordPress web sites protected.
Once you have installed Backup Creator on your website, your plugin settings can be easily configured. Backup Creator lets you set up backups to run automatically, backups using email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using data storage tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Start Using In No Time
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Enter the license code emailed to you after purchase and the software is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of backing up and restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress sites very simple. All tasks can be completed with a few simple mouse clicks. No web coding skills are necessary.
Saves Loads Of Time
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data and files can be restored if anything happens, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits include:
- Back Up Big Websites: Often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to site owners. Here are just a few:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it securely to the storage destination of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your website to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files straight from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your data backups in one single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform instant backups with just one click …
Below are some of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have submitted for the Backup Creator plugin:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”You have truly created one of the finest plugins I have ever used. I believe it is the first one that has ever been as simple to use at it was shown on the sales video.”Michael Scroggins, MichaelScroggins.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the steps you would normally have to document when setting up a new site, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites with identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or an insurance agency with branches in various locations, where each branch will run their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Site With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading WordPress files won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why it’s important to use a backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately restored and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing content are minimal because you no longer have to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Current pricing for the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was current when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Websites And Blogs