Living and doing business in the Electronic Age has many benefits. However, we also live in a world where we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you manage any business assets like a website for your organization, then you need to pay careful attention to online security and the urgency of implementing an online security plan.
As well as developing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from human errors that can result in data loss and set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If your business requires setting up multiple websites or blogs, having an efficient way of cloning website information from one site to another can be most convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and installing scripts that end up disrupting your site is all part of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost content, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WP Websites
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WP plugin that lets you backup your website data, duplicate all of your websites and blogs and keep your WP sites protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
Once the software has been installed and activated on your site, your plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. The plugin lets you configure backups to run automatically, email backups, backups using FTP, backups in the cloud, or even store backups remotely using hosting hosting solutions such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Really Easy To Install
Backup Creator installs like every other WordPress plugin. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and websites. Everything can be done in a few mouse clicks. No web programming knowledge is required.
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should anything happen, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Just set up your master and then clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Backs Up Big Websites: Quite often, owners of sites or blogs that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhost and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many great features to WordPress users. Here are just a few:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the secure location of your choice. You can download your backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your WP backup to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another site, upload via your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited number of client sites preconfigured in a few seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in a single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have submitted for Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through when setting up a new site, you can just set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|recreate your site and then restore it to another domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites that include identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a nationwide company, or an insurance agency with offices in different locations, where each store will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Blog With Correct Referencing Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and uploading file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another website, but still be referencing the old site. This is why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now instantly returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to figure out how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing data are extremely low because you no longer have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing details of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software is selling for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an important aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully duplicate your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected