One of the serious consequences of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business files being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own anything where data can be accessed online like a business blog or website, then you need to prioritize website security and the importance of implementing a digital security and data recovery plan.
In addition to having an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing data from errors that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate after it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to clone many websites or blogs, having an automated way of cloning web site data from one site to another can be most convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website and blog files, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that ruin your site is all part of running an online presence. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old content, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered site, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and website files, clone your site to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Site Protected
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your site and file backups, duplicate your websites and content and keep your WP websites protected with just a few clicks.
Once Backup Creator has been installed on your site, you can easily configure the plugin settings. You can set up automatically scheduled backups, backups using email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, or store backups remotely using third-party data storage services like Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Learn more about this plugin here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy & Fast
Backup Creator installs like any other WordPress plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP admin user login and activate.
After entering your license key, the plugin unlocks and the software is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly back up, restore and protect your blogs and web sites. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time recovering your site’s data should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Just set up your master site and then clone as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Back Up Large Sites: Quite often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is priceless, especially if things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many features to WP users. Here are just some of these:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure destination of your choice. You can download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress web site to any destination you like. You can clone it straight from another site, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and Backup Creator does the rest. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Choose From Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform full site backups with just one click …
Here are a couple of the testimonials and feedback plugin customers have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes you would normally have to go through in order to set up a new site, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites with identical plugins and settings in different niches. This could be for a regional company, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured site every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Website With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old site. This is why you need to use a WP backup plugin that is specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations included, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important content are almost negligible because you don’t have to be concerned about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
Product License Price
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The price of Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing:
For a demo video showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is a vital aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Web Site Protected