The Internet Age has revolutionized how we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are continuously under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you manage anything where information can be accessed online like a blog or company website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of developing an online security and site recovery plan.
In addition to having an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from accidental mistakes that can result in losing valuable data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If parts of your business require working with many websites or blogs, having a simple way of duplicating site information from one website to another can be most convenient.
As any experienced website owner has learnt, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is something that everyone should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that ruin your site is all part of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore old files, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered web site, then there’s a simple plugin that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WP Website
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your site data, cloning your sites and content and keeping your WP web sites protected.
Once the software has been installed on your WordPress website, you can easily configure your plugin settings. You can set up scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, and even store backups remotely using third-party data hosting services such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Learn more about the plugin here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy, Simple And Quick
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key you’ve received with your purchase receipt and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating regular backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress sites very simple. All tasks can be completed in a few mouse clicks. No coding skills are necessary.
As well as the time you will save recovering your site if anything happens, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly clone as many duplicates as you need to any new sites you have set up in other locations. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Additional plugin benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhosting service and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly recovered should any kind of problem affect your site is a priceless benefit, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator offers many unique features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Create Instantly Backup Sites. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup to the secure destination of your choice. Download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress website data and files to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files straight from another blog, upload via your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have submitted regarding Backup Creator:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the processes required to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|duplicate your site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several blogs using identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or a travel agency with offices in various locations, where each store will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Site With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading WP file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that was specifically created for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly back and you can send the damaged files to an troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important content are extremely low because you don’t have to worry about where things are stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: it can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Product Licensing Price
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was correct when this content was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
Additional Plugin Information
For a demo video of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Web Site Protected