The Digital Age has transformed how we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are constantly under the potential threat of identity theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or deleted.
If you manage any business assets like a blog or company website, then you need to carefully consider online security and the urgency of creating a digital security and site recovery plan.
As well as creating an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from accidental mistakes that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business involve setting up multiple websites or blogs, having an efficient way to copy web site data from one website to another would be most convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP site files, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing programs that can corrupt your site is all part of the reality of running an online presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to recover old information, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Protect Your WP Web Sites
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to schedule and automate your site and data backups, copy all of your websites and blogs and keep your WP websites and blogs protected.
Once you have installed and activated the software on your WordPress web site, it’s easy to configure the settings for your plugin. You can perform automatically scheduled backups, backups using email, FTP backups, cloud backups, or store backups remotely using 3rd-party data storage tools from Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Be Up And Running In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs just like every WP plugin. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your admin login and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and sites very simple. It only takes a couple of mouse clicks. No programming skills are necessary.
Save Valuable Time
Apart from the time you will save restoring your site’s data should you experience problems, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly create as many copies as you want to any new sites you want to set up. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Back Up Big Websites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to WP users. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the secure location of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WP website to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of pre-configured client sites in seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over and does the work for you. No cron or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are just a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Real-Time Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can simply set up your site exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites including identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a regional retailer, or a travel agency with branches in different locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Location With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WP file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why it’s important to have a backup plugin that is specifically designed for cloning. This lets you perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be instantly back and you can then send the damaged files to an support expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more great tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important information are minimal because you no longer have to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The price of Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price shown above was correct when this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral part of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Website Protected