One of the downsides of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen and manipulated.
If you own any business assets like a blog or company website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of developing a website security and data recovery plan.
As well as implementing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from internal and external issues that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business involves setting up many websites or blogs, having a simple way to duplicate web site information from one site to another can be really convenient.
As any experienced website manager will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing programs that bring down your site is all part of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old data, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered website, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your site data, copying your websites and content and keeping your WordPress websites protected.
After installing the software on your WP website or blog, it’s really easy to configure your plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, or even remote backups using external storage tools from Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Backup Creator installs like any WordPress plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key to unlock the plugin and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to backup, restore and protect your blogs and websites. All tasks can be completed with a few simple mouse clicks. No web coding experience is required.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your website can be instantly retrieved should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Just set up your master website and then clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily recovered should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many great features to web site owners. Here are just some of these features:
- Create Instant Site Backups. Click one button to back up your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup securely to the location of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Anywhere. Instantly restore your website or blog to any destination you like. You can copy files straight from another site, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows rapid deployment of unlimited preconfigured client sites in only seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin does the rest. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are just a few of the testimonials plugin customers have provided for Backup Creator:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”You have truly created one of the finest plugins I have ever used. I believe it is the first one that has ever been as simple to use at it was shown on the sales video.”Michael Scroggins, MichaelScroggins.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes necessary to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various sites including identical settings and configurations in different niche markets. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or a travel agency with branches in various locations, where each office will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Site With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring WP files won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why you need to use a WordPress backup plugin that is specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complicated and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing data are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall the time you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was correct at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software author when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing:
Additional Plugin Info
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and preconfigured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For more details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Web Site