WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool being used to design all types of pages – direct sales pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is bound to be already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest visual editor for WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Content Editor – Is There A Simpler Option To Design Pages In WordPress?
With so many developments that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users feel that using the built-in WordPress WYSIWYG editor to build or edit complex web pages can be quite challenging.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
Creating the above page elements in your content would require entering something like this inside your WordPress content editor …
Typically, this is not really an issue … unless you want to change an integral aspect of the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from dark green to gold. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are working with complex layouts, often what you see may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you may even be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to build complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for WordPress users without knowledge of HTML or CSS to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see when working in the back end does not look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the updates to load.
A number of WordPress web developers have come up with a range of solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these solutions range from standalone WordPress plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions require so many complex page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these solutions work fine, but they fail to address the fundamental problem with using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your content to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page builder to function?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs fixing, just click on the content and start editing it. Your content is then instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize any HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for some content you’d like to create, so you just start typing, and your web page gets built as you go, with no delays, with no tab switching, and without having to wait for edits to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to build content for your WordPress site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your page?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Simplest, Most Intuitive Visual Content Builder For WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that lets you quickly build and edit content on your posts and pages using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to your WordPress site)
The Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take a look at each of the above plugins and how all of this powerful functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content Editing Plugin
This plugin lets you easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be created and edited using simple ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once you have positioned your elements on your page, you can then further customize or edit these without going through additional steps or switching tabs …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you create highly attractive landing pages that can also be easily edited …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that you’ll never look at the process of creating content the same way once you start using it
Learn more here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin for WordPress we’ve previously reviewed on this site.
Go here to read more about the plugin:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your website:
Fast And Easy To Install And Configure. Be Up And Running In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every WordPress plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Add & Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you edit and build content in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Design Elements Without Using Short Codes: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a visually exciting drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of customizable design elements that you can customizable and use on your pages without using shortcodes, like columns, star ratings for review pages, dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for the updates to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to deal with code or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Create, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, tabbed content, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many powerful features to website owners. Below we have listed just a few:
- All WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the regular WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, paragraph centering, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on different screens.
- Add Animation To Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building gorgeous landing pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No coding skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either hire a web designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or edit any aspect of your page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in any bullet point, headline, button, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Replace all background images or colour
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on your pages
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add any type of custom content anywhere inside the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change and customize any aspect of the page template)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Web Site Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from top to bottom, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your marketing pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Here are a couple of the testimonials and comments users have published about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get unlimited upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License Edition – This edition allows you to use the plugin on a single domain. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This license option lets you run the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This license lets you install the plugin on all of your own domains and your client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and template sets that help to make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the ability to edit anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated steps.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Get The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: