WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that is now being used to create all kinds of web sites.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the ultimate drag and drop front end builder for WordPress websites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The WordPress Visual Content Editor Still Meeting All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the default WordPress content editor to build or edit sophisticated website pages can sometimes be difficult, especially for non-technical web site owners.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above in a page would require typing something that looks like this into the default WordPress visual editor …
Generally, this is not really an issue … until you decide to reconfigure your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the background color in a box from red to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex content elements, often what you see in the visual editor is not really what you are going to get when your content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, some people argue that you would probably be better off working directly with the source html itself instead of the visual editor when trying to add non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for WordPress users without knowledge of HTML or CSS to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see when working in the editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you need to mentally translate what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the new content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with different solutions to try to address this issue. These solutions range from plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they still fail to address the fundamental problem with using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web pages to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web content editor to work?
Now, visualize this …
- You spot something in the content that needs fixing so you, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You can just drag and drop elements around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize code.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content you would like to create, so you just begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, with no delays, with no tab switching, and without waiting for new web content to resave and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the page?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages in real-time for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag and drop content building plugin.
Thrive Content Builder provides WordPress users with a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop design elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editing option to your WordPress site)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will cover each of the above plugins and how all of this powerful functionality works together to help you transform and improve your web presence and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
Thrive Content Builder lets you easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be created using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once you have positioned elements on the page, you can continue to further customize them without having to go through additional steps or opening more option screens …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside highly attractive landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it will ruin the experience of using any other content editor forever, and you will never look back!
Learn more here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin that we have previously recommended on this site.
Go here to learn more about the plugin:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages Plugin
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Fast And Easy To Install And Use. Ready To Go To Work In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every other plugin. Just upload a zip folder containing the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your WP administrator account and activate.
Edit And Create Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only very simple to use, it also lets you edit and add content to your pages in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Add Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Short Codes: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing drag and drop content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of professional web design elements that you can customizable and insert into your content layouts without using short codes, like flat design elements, table of contents builder, section dividers, countdown timers, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for the updates to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, tabbed content, styled lists, call to action buttons, responsive videos, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder provides site owners a number of great features. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- Built-In Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, paragraph formatting, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive columns, text boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will resize and display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Your Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animated content elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating pages for your website
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No coding skills required
- Works with any theme
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates scheduled for release. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or customize any element of your page …
With the landing page templates included with this plugin, you can:
- Change text in all buttons, bullet points, headlines, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Change any background images and edit colors
- Change the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Edit content area size
- Rearrange the order of web page elements
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content in your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change and customize any aspect of your page templates)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your site …
(Add opt-in forms and animated objects to your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Below are some of the testimonials and comments users have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are very well-supported, and users get lifetime updates, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This lets you set up the plugin on a single site. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you run the plugin on all of your personal websites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This license option allows you to install the plugin on all of your own sites and your client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin sells for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and beautiful, conversion-optimized templates that help make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over the design process and the ability to edit and customize anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to go through multiple steps.
For demo videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin website: