WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now being used to design all types of web pages – marketing pages, product showcase pages, business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover how to create stunning content with drag & drop ease in WordPress sites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Content Editor – Is There An Easier Tool For Creating Amazing-Looking Content In WordPress?
Using the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor to build or edit complex page elements can be challenging.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
To add the above to a page would require inserting something like this into your WordPress visual editor …
Typically, this is not an issue … until you want to edit something in your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button in a box from green to yellow. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to provide non-technical users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to edit complex content elements, what you see on your screen is not exactly what you are getting when the page gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, some people argue that users could even be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to add fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that you have to abstract what your content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which then impacts how quickly you can create your content, as you wait for your content to reload.
A number of WordPress web developers have come up with various solutions with the objective of making content editing easier. Some of these range from plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these editors work fine, but they don’t address the fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web content?
Now, imagine this …
- You spot something in your content that needs correction so you, just click on the content and start editing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You can drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for some content you would like to create, so you just begin typing, and you build your page on the fly, with no delays, no switching tabs, and without having to wait for new web content to reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress site? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts quickly for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Ultimate Click-To-Edit Front End Visual Content Editor For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and page builder plugin for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of creating content on.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop design elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to WordPress)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review each of the above and how these exciting features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create amazing marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every element of your page can be built, changed and repositioned using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been added to your page, you can then easily edit or customize these without going through multiple steps or switching tabs …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
Go here to read more about the plugin:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Fast And Easy To Install And Set Up. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every WP plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is very simple to use and lets you edit and build content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits include:
- Add Attractive Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Design Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of customizable design elements that you can use on your content layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: content toggle, content reveal feature, page section dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to wait for the updated content to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, tabbed content, borderless content, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides WP users many great features. Below we have listed just some:
- Built-In Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the regular content editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, justified text, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, text boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animated content elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page template sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating web pages for your site
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No technical skills required
- Works with any theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the available templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit anything on the page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any headline, bullet point, button, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Change the background image or background color
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Change content area size
- Rearrange the order of web page elements
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add any kind of custom content anywhere in the pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build your own library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or customize anything on your page template)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your site …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms help to improve your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your pages, using a range of animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from left to right, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have published about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages Plugin provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License Edition – This lets you run the plugin on a single website. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This enables you to run the plugin on all websites that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your websites & on all your client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the plugin retails for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
The Thrive Content Builder plugin developers emphatically maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and beautiful, pre-designed template sets that help speed up your content creation, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the ability to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that allows you to see how the content you are working on will look after being published.
For demo videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you need to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, check out the plugin here: