WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that can be used to create all kinds of websites.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the fastest WYSIWYG content editor for WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Still Meeting All Of Your Content Creation And Editing Needs?
With all the rapid developments that WordPress has gone through in recent years, many WordPress developers believe that the WordPress content editor is now lagging behind all other improvements made to the software.
(The default WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” text and images, but adding complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons, users would have to add shortcodes to the content for each page element they want to add to their page …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you decide to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the background color in a box from bright red to gray. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to edit more complex page elements, what you see is not the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, you would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to add non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for WordPress site owners without knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem with having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in WordPress can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the back end looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that users need to abstract what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which then impacts how quickly you can create your content, as you wait for the page to load.
A number of WordPress web developers have come up with various solutions to try and make content editing more intuitive. These range from WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many complex page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative editors work, but they fail to address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page builder to work?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs changing, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly fixed.
- You simply drag and drop elements around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any code.
- You have an idea for an item of content that you would like to add, so you just start typing, and you build your page on the fly, with no delays, no switching tabs, and no waiting for new pages to reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to build content for your WordPress site? A true WYSIWYG content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the page?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages in real-time for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creator
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag and drop content and landing page builder plugin for WordPress.
Thrive Content Builder provides WordPress users with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress web site.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to WordPress)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review each of the above and how all of this exciting functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your business online and create amazing sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Builder For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder lets you easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be created with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once elements have been added to the page, you can then easily customize these without going through additional steps or switching screens …
You can also build stunning landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages with the plugin installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look back once you start using it
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin for WordPress we’ve previously written about on this site.
To read about this plugin, go here:
Below are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Ready To Start Using In No Time
Thrive Content Builder is really easy to install. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your administrator account and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple to use, it also lets you create, edit and add content right inside your web pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits include:
- Beautiful Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of professional design elements that you can add to your pages without using shortcodes, like flat design elements, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, Google Map embeds, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff for the updated content to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Easily insert, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, flat design elements, content reveal feature, page section dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers website owners many powerful features. Below we have listed just a few:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the regular WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, centering text, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you create animated images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you easily add conversion-optimized web pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building pages
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either hire a web designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize any element of the page …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in all buttons, headlines, bullet points, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Change all background images and background color
- Change the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Edit content area size
- Change the order of web page elements
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add any type of custom content inside the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change or customize anything on your page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and animated elements to your WordPress website with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can improve your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of animation effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Here are a few of the testimonials that plugin customers have submitted for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin installed.
You can add shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Content and Page Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This allows you to run the plugin on one domain only. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This option lets you run the plugin on unlimited domains that you personally own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This allows you to install the plugin on all of your own web sites and all client sites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and templates that help speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the freedom to edit everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that lets you work unhindered by overly complicated steps.
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you’ll see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing sales pages and content, Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: