WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool being used to design all types of web pages – marketing pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, someone is probably already building it using WordPress!
In this article you will discover the most easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Content Editor Still Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
Using the default WordPress content editor to build or edit sophisticated page layouts can be challenging, especially for non-technical web site owners.
(The default WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
To add the above layout to a page would require entering something like this inside the default WordPress content editor …
Typically, this is not really an issue … unless you want to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button inside box 2 from red to gray. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, when working with complex page elements, what you see is not really what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you may even be better off working inside the text editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to add complex page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for non-technical users to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental issue with using shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the content editor does not look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which then impacts how fast you can create your content, as you wait for the content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have come up with various solutions aiming to make the visual editor easier. Some of these range from standalone WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions include so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative editors work fine, but they still don’t address the fundamental problem with using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You see something in your content that needs to be corrected so you, simply click on the content and start editing it. Your content is then instantly changed.
- You simply drag and drop elements on the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you would like to create, so you simply start typing, and your page gets built as you go, with no delays, no tab switching, and without having to wait for web pages to reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress website? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages quickly for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – Create Stunning Content And Beautiful Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Web Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and landing page builder plugin for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of creating content on your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to WordPress)
The Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s take an in-depth a look at each of the above plugins and how these exciting features work seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your web presence and create amazing marketing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder For WordPress
With this plugin installed easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be designed with ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” ease …
Once you have positioned your elements on your page, you can continue to further customize or edit them without having to go through additional steps or complicated settings screens …
The built-in Landing Pages editor also lets you create beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages with the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers warn that you’ll never look at the process of creating and adding content the same way once you start using it
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress that we have recommended on this site.
Go here to learn more about the plugin:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Easy To Install And Configure. Ready To Use In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Just upload a zip folder that contains the plugin to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Edit & Add Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only very simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create content in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Add Design Elements With No Shortcodes Required: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a click-to-edit WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable web design elements that you can customizable and use on your pages without using shortcodes, for e.g.: pricing tables, content reveal feature, testimonials, credit card icons, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for pages to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, content toggle, content reveal feature, section dividers, responsive videos, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers web site owners a number of unique features. Below we have listed just some:
- Regular WordPress Content Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, paragraph centering, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Design: Add responsive elements like columns, text boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will display great on different screens.
- Add Animation Events To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animation in buttons, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating beautiful landing pages for your site
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No coding skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the available templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit any aspect of the page templates …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Edit text in all headlines, buttons, bullet points, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Replace any background images and background colours
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Edit content area size
- Rearrange the order of page elements
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add any kind of custom content inside your pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build a custom landing page templates library.
(Change and edit any aspect of the page)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Web Site Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your WordPress site …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms help to improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your marketing pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Plugin Customers
Below are a couple of the testimonials plugin customers have submitted regarding the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This edition enables you to use the plugin on a single site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This license option allows you to run the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your domains and on all your client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the Thrive Content Builder software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this article was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product author when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and template sets that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over your design process and the freedom to change everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to get things done without having to open multiple dialog boxes.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Our Recommendation …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you need to do is drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web presence and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content and Page Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, check out the plugin here: