WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool being used to create all kinds of sites.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the simplest, most intuitive WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Content Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
With all the many improvements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers feel that using the WordPress editor to create or edit complex website pages can be quite difficult.
(The default WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
Adding the above to your content would require inserting something that looks like this inside your default WordPress editor …
Generally, this is not really an issue … unless you want to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from red to purple. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex content elements, often what you see on your editor screen is not exactly what you are going to get when your web page goes live …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, users would probably be better off working inside the WordPress text editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to build fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge with using shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you need to abstract what your content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the updates to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions with the goal of making the visual editor more intuitive. Some of these solutions range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many complex page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these editors work, but they fail to address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page builder to work?
Now, visualize this …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be changed, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You can drag and drop elements on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally abstract from HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content you’d like to add, so you just begin typing, and your page gets built as you go, with no delays, without switching tabs, and no waiting for new web pages to refresh.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content And Page Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag and drop content creation plugin.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to WordPress)
The Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s take a look at all of the above plugins and how these exciting features work together to help you transform and improve your site and create amazing marketing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be created with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once you have positioned elements on a page, you can then continue to customize or edit them without having to go through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also work inside beautiful landing pages and easily edit these …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with Thrive Content Builder installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it’ll ruin the experience of using any other content editor forever, and you will never look back!
For more details about this plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress we’ve recommended on this site.
Go here for more information about this plugin:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your WordPress site:
Quick And Easy To Install And Configure. Ready To Start Using In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder is very easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your admin login and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple to use, it also lets you build and add content to your pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Design Elements With No Short Codes Required: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of customizable design elements that you can insert into your layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: flat design elements, gradient boxes, section dividers, custom HTML and CSS, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to wait for pages to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, flat design elements, text boxes, dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many features to site owners. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- Built-In WordPress Content Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the regular WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, centering text, font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add responsive columns, guarantee boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Your Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Sets
Landing page sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing and customizing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No web coding skills required
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Content and Page Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, to be able to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit any element of the page template …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in any button, headline, bullet point, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace all background images or background color
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Change the order of elements on the page
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add any type of custom content inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build your own library of custom landing pages.
(Change and customize anything on the page)
Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox Plugin
The Thrive plugin combo includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your WordPress web site with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using various effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress website with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Below are just some testimonials that plugin users have submitted regarding Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are really well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Edition – This license option enables you to run the plugin on 1 website only. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This lets you install the plugin on all of your personal sites. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – This allows you to set up the plugin on all of your own domains and your client websites. Pricing includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the Thrive Content Builder product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin retails for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the product author when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and beautiful, conversion-optimized templates that help to make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the freedom to change everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that allows you to get things done without having to go through multiple steps.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
In Conclusion …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you have to do is drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, check out the plugin here: