WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that is now used to design all types of web pages – direct sales pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will learn how to create beautiful layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Content Editor – Is There A Better Option To Create And Edit Content In WordPress?
With all the many improvements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users feel that using the WordPress content editor to build or edit complex website pages can sometimes be difficult.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” text and images, but adding complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
Adding the above to your content would require inserting something that looks like this into the WordPress editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you need to change the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the button in a box from dark green to gray. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, when working with more complex page elements, what you see on your editor screen is not exactly what you are going to get when the content goes live …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, some people argue that users would probably be better off working directly inside the text editor tab instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to add non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the back end does not look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for the updated content to load.
Many WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions aiming to address this issue. Some of these range from plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many complex page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these editors work fine, but they don’t address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can start to become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your content editor to work?
Now, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs to be changed, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content that you’d like to create, so you simply start typing, and you build your page as you go, with no delays, with no switching of tab browsers, and without having to wait for web pages to refresh.
Would that not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress web site? A true WYSIWYG content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag and drop content creation tool for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides WordPress users with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to your WordPress site)
The Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take a look at each of the above and how these exciting features work together to help you easily transform and improve your business online and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
This plugin lets you easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be configured, changed and customized using “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” …
Once you have placed elements on the page, you can then continue to customize them without having to go through multiple steps or opening extra configuration screens …
You can also build highly attractive landing pages that can also be easily edited …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that you will never look back once you start using it
For more details about this plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another fantastic plugin we’ve written about on this site.
See this article to read more about this plugin:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Below are just some of the many benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WP admin user login and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Editing
Thrive Content Builder is simple and intuitive to use and lets you add content right inside your web pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of this plugin include:
- Stunning Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Shortcodes: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing drag and drop WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of web design elements that you can use on your web pages without using short codes, like flat design elements, content reveal feature, buttons, credit card icons, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for pages to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Easily add, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, flat design elements, star ratings for review pages, call to action buttons, credit card icons, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder provides a number of unique features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- All WordPress Content Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph formatting, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Element Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, dividers, e.g. which will display great on all different kinds of devices.
- Add Animation To Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating attractive-looking landing pages for your WordPress website
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No web coding skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit anything on the page template …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in all headlines, bullet points, buttons, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of your landing page
- Replace all background images and background colors
- Edit the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on your page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add any kind of custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or customize any aspect of the page)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your WordPress web site with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms help improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your pages, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress website with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Plugin Customers
Below are a couple of the testimonials customers have published about Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly on your website.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Page Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get unlimited updates, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This edition lets you install the plugin on a single web site. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This license option allows you to use the plugin on all sites that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License Edition – Use on your sites and on all your client sites. It includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: Price details for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help to speed up the page design and content creation process, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the ability to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that lets you see how the content you are working on will appear after publishing.
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive website.
In Conclusion …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, visit the plugin website: