WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that is now being used to create all types of sites.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the ultimate click-to-edit front end content editor for WordPress web sites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Editor – Is There An Easier Option For Creating Content In WordPress?
Using the WordPress editor to create or edit complex web site pages can be challenging, especially for non-technical website owners.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To add the above to a page would require inserting something that looks like this into the WordPress content editor …
Typically, this is not really an issue … unless you want to reconfigure the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button inside box 1 from dark green to dark red. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, when creating with more complex page elements, what you see on your editor screen is not really what you are going to get when the content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that users could be better off working with the source html itself instead of the visual editor when trying to build non-linear page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for WordPress site owners with no knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental issue about using HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor can be summarized by asking the following questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see when working in the editor doesn’t look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that you have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for for your updated content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with various solutions with the objective of addressing this issue. These range from plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they don’t really address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become very frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your content editor to behave?
Now, visualize the following scenario …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be corrected, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally abstract from HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for some content that you’d like to add, so you just begin typing, and your page gets built on the fly, with no delays, with no tab switching, and without having to wait for new content to resave and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to build content for your website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages in real-time for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Fastest Way To Build Stunning Content In WordPress Web Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking plugin for WordPress that gives you total control over every aspect of your web page using a powerful click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding great content to WordPress sites.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will address each of the above plugins and how these exciting features work together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be configured and edited by dragging and dropping things around the page and then clicking to edit them …
Once elements have been positioned on the page, you can then easily edit them without having to go through additional steps or switching screens …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you build beautiful landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
To learn more about the plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress that we have previously recommended on this site.
Go here to read more about this plugin:
Below are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Edit & Create Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only very simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create and add content right inside your pages in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits include:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a drag and drop content editor, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of customizable web design elements that you can customizable and use on your pages without using short codes, such as content toggle, text boxes, page section dividers, HTML code insert boxes, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to wait for the updated content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to deal with code or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Create, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, content toggle, styled lists, section dividers, responsive maps, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides a number of features to WP users. Below we have listed just some of these:
- All Content Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the regular WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, justified text, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Element Design: Add responsive columns, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on different-sized screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing and customizing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No coding skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content and Page Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, web page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and edit any element of your page template …
With the landing page templates included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Change text in all headlines, bullet points, buttons, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Replace all background images and background colour
- Change the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Change content area size
- Rearrange the order of elements on your page
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere inside your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or edit any aspect of the page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add lead capture forms and animated objects to your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom in, slide in from right to left, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Testimonials From Users
Below are just some testimonials and comments that plugin users have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin installed.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This license allows you to install the plugin on 1 web site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This allows you to configure the plugin on all websites that you own. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This enables you to set up the plugin on all of your own websites and any client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The price of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was correct at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
The Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help speed up the content creation process, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that allows you to get things done without having to open multiple dialog boxes.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Download The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: