WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that can be used to design all types of pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the simplest WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Editor – Is There An Easier Tool To Design Web Pages In WordPress?
With so many advancements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers believe that using the built-in WordPress editor to create or edit more complex web pages can be challenging.
(The WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, you would have to insert shortcodes into your content for each page element you want to display …
Typically, this is not an issue … unless you have to reconfigure your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the background colour inside box 1 from dark green to light green. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with more complex layouts, what you see may not be what you are getting when your content gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, some people argue that users would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to add complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it difficult for non-technical users to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue about using HTML and shortcodes to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the back end doesn’t look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that users need to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the new content to load.
A number of WordPress web developers have come up with a range of solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these alternative solutions range from plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they still don’t address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web content?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following …
- You see something in the content that needs to be changed so you, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally abstract from shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content you’d like to create, so you just begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, with no delays, with no switching tabs, and no waiting for edits to resave and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to build content for your site? A true visual content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a revolutionary WordPress plugin that lets site owners easily build and change content on their posts and pages using a true WYSIWYG click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content And Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at all of the above and how these exciting features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be designed and edited by dragging and dropping things around the page and then clicking to edit them …
Once you have placed your elements on a page, you can then continue to edit or customize them without having to go through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also work inside highly attractive landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the plugin installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Go here to learn more: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
To read about the plugin, see this page:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Here we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your WordPress website:
Quick And Simple To Install And Use. Be Up And Running In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder is very easy to install. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create content in real-time.
What You See Is Exactly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back-end” as you work within the content editor – fonts, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Add Customizable Elements With No Short Codes Involved: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a visually exciting click-to-edit content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of professional web design elements that you can add to your web pages without using short codes, like columns, feature grids, buttons, responsive videos, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for pages to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to deal with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily insert, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, pricing tables, table of contents builder, call to action buttons, credit card icons, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers many powerful features to web site owners. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- All Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the regular WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, centering text, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you create animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you easily add conversion-optimized pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating and customizing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any aspect of the page …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in all bullet points, headlines, buttons, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Change all background images or colours
- Change the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add any kind of custom content inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build your own library of custom landing page templates.
(Change and edit any element of your page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable two-step opt-in forms and events to your web site …
(Add opt-in forms and animation to your sales pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a two-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using various effects (e.g. fade in, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Content Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are very well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
Product License Price
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This license option lets you configure the plugin on a single site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This enables you to activate the plugin on unlimited websites that you own. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – This edition enables you to run the plugin on all of your own websites and your client web sites. Pricing includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was correct when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
Additional Plugin Info
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers emphatically maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and beautiful, pre-designed template sets that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change and customize anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to open multiple dialog boxes.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Get This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web presence and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: