WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool into a tool being used to design all types of pages – direct sales pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest and easiest to use WYSIWYG content editor for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Meeting All Of Your Page Design Needs?
With all the many improvements that the WordPress platform has gone through in recent years, many WordPress developers believe that using the built-in WordPress visual content editor to create or edit more complex web pages can be challenging.
(The default WordPress visual content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” text and media, but adding complex layouts can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, you would normally need to add short codes to the content for each of the elements you want to display on your web page …
Normally, this is not an issue … until you want to change an element in the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in box 3 from green to another colour. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to edit complex page elements, what you see on your screen may not be the same as what you are getting when your web page is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, some people argue that users could be better off working inside the WordPress text editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to build non-linear page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge of having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the content editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which then impacts how quickly you can create your content, as you wait for your updates to reload.
Many WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions to try to make content editing more intuitive. These range from plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions combine so many complex page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they fail to address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your pages?
Now, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be corrected, just click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly edited.
- You can just drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize any code.
- You have an idea for some content you’d like to create, so you just start typing, and you build your web page on the fly, without delays, no switching tabs, and no waiting for new pages to refresh.
Would that not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress site? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts quickly for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest, Most Intuitive WYSIWYG Editor For WordPress Web Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag and drop content and page creator and editor for WordPress.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding content to WordPress websites.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to WordPress)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review all of the above and how these powerful features work together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every element of your page can be created using simple ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been positioned on your page, you can continue to further edit or customize these without having to go through additional steps or opening extra settings windows …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it will ruin the experience of using all other content editors forever, and you’ll never look back!
Go here to learn more: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress we’ve previously reviewed on this site.
To read about the plugin, see this page:
Below we have listed just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Simple To Install And Set Up. Ready To Start Using In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs like every WP plugin. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is very simple to use and lets you build and add content right inside your web pages in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of using this plugin include:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and simple-to-use drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of functional and eye-catching web design elements that you can customizable and add to your web pages without using short codes, such as flat design elements, feature grids, dividers, HTML code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for pages to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Easily create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, flat design elements, star ratings for review pages, buttons, HTML code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers site owners a number of features. Here are just a few:
- Built-In WordPress Content Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, centering text, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of elements available on your post or page screen for creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will resize and display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you add animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money designing stunning pages for your WordPress web site
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No tech skills needed
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to have a completely customizable landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize anything on the page …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you can do the following:
- Edit text in any headline, button, bullet point, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Replace the background image or color
- Edit the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build your own library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or customize any element of your page template)
Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox Plugin
The Thrive plugin combo includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and events to your content pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animation to your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a two-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using a range of effects (e.g. fade in, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress web site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Here are just some testimonials and comments plugin customers have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This license option lets you install the plugin on 1 website only. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This option allows you to use the plugin on unlimited domains that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This license option lets you use the plugin on all of your own domains and any client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Pricing for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin is being retailed for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the product seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and templates that help speed up content design, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the ability to edit and customize everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that lets you work unhindered by overly complicated steps.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: