WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool being used to create all kinds of web sites.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the simplest, most intuitive WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress web sites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Editor – Is There An Easier Tool For Creating Amazing-Looking Content In WordPress?
Using the built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor to build or edit sophisticated content elements can be quite difficult for non-technical website owners.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
To add the above content to a page would require inserting something like this into the default WordPress visual editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you have to reconfigure the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the background colour inside box 3 from dark green to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex content elements, what you see in the visual editor is not what you are going to get when the content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that users could even be better off working with the source html itself instead of the visual editor when trying to build something other than simple page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized by asking the following questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the back end doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users need to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the updates to reload.
A number of WordPress developers have tried to come up with different solutions with the aim of making the visual editor more intuitive. Some of these solutions range from WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these solutions work fine, but they don’t really seem to address the fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web pages to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs changing, simply click on the content and start editing it. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You simply drag and drop elements around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any code.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content that you would like to add, so you just start typing, and you build your page on the fly, with no delays, without switching tabs, and without having to wait for pages to refresh and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the page?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag and drop content creation plugin.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding great content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop design elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s examine each of the above plugins and how all of this powerful functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your business online and create awesome sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be created using simple “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” …
Once you have positioned elements on your page, you can then further customize them without having to go through additional steps or switching tabs …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you build beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages and working on content with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Learn more about the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin we’ve previously recommended on this site.
To learn more about using this plugin, see this page:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Easy To Install And Configure. Ready To Use In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs like every plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your admin user section and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Editing
Thrive Content Builder is very simple to use and lets you build content in real-time.
What You See Is Exactly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Add Eye-Catching Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Shortcodes: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of professional design elements that you can add to your pages without using short codes, such as pricing tables, styled lists, buttons, responsive Google map embeds, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak your content and then wait for the updated content to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to deal with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, columns, star ratings for review pages, page section dividers, responsive maps, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WordPress users many features. Below we have listed just some of these features:
- All Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the regular WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, justified text, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animated content elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing beautiful-looking pages for your WordPress web site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No tech skills required
- Works with any theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized landing page templates and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates that are currently available, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, to be able to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and edit anything on the page templates …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Change any background images and background colors
- Edit the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Edit the size of the content area
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build a library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or customize anything on the page)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your WordPress site …
(Add lead capture forms and animated elements to your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a 2-step opt-in process)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from right to left, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback users have written about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get unlimited updates, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This allows you to install the plugin on 1 website only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you configure the plugin on all domains that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on your domains and on client web sites. Price includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin sells for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Info
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers emphatically maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
We Highly Recommend This …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: