WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that can be used to design all types of web pages – marketing pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress websites.
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder
- Plugin Benefits
- Thrive Content Builder Features
- Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
- Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- Plugin Tips
- Thrive Content Builder Support
- Plugin Pricing
- Additional Plugin Info
- Download The Plugin …
- Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Content Editor – Is There An Easier Way To Create Web Pages In WordPress?
Using the built-in WordPress visual content editor to build or edit sophisticated page elements can be quite challenging.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
To add the above page elements to a page would require inserting something like this inside your WordPress visual editor …
Typically, this is not really an issue … unless you need to change something in the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background color inside a box from red to dark red. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex layouts, what you see in the WordPress visual content editor may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you could be better off working directly with the source html itself instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to add complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for WordPress users with no knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge with using HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized by asking the following questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see when working in the content editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to abstract what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your updates to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with various solutions with the aim of addressing this issue. These solutions range from stand alone WordPress plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions include so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these solutions work, but they don’t address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your pages?
Now, imagine this …
- You see something in the content that needs changing so you, just click on the content and start typing. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You can just drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content you would like to add, so you simply start typing, and your page gets built on the fly, without delays, no tab switching, and without having to wait for new pages to republish and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your website? A true WYSIWYG content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages ”on the fly” for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content creator and editor.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of creating great content on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s take a look at each of the above and how these exciting features work together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create awesome sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be designed by dragging and dropping things around the page and then clicking to edit them …
Once you have positioned elements on the page, you can then customize them without going through multiple steps or switching screens …
You can also build stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content and Page Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with Thrive Content and Page Builder installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Learn more about the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another fantastic plugin for WordPress that we have written about on this site.
For more information about this plugin, go here: Thrive Leads – Mailing List Builder For WordPress
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Installation Is Easy And Simple
Thrive Content Builder installs like every WordPress plugin. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress administrator area and activate.
Edit & Create Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create and edit content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Attractive Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an exciting and an easy-to-use click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of functional and attractive design elements that you can insert into your layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: flat design elements, gradient boxes, section dividers, responsive video embeds, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak content and then wait for your updates to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, columns, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, responsive video embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users many features. Here are just a few of these:
- All WordPress Content Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the regular WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph formatting, headings, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like columns, boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on different screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Landing page template sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you access to conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing and customizing web pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No tech skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize any element of your page template …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Modify text in all bullet points, buttons, headlines, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Replace all background images or colors
- Change the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Modify the size of the content area
- Change the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content in any of the pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build a library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or customize any element of the page)
Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animated elements to your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using a range of animation effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback that customers have published about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This enables you to configure the plugin on a single domain. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This license option enables you to use the plugin on all of your personal websites. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on your web sites and on client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Price details for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Thrive Content Builder Plugin
Additional Plugin Info
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and conversion-optimized templates that help to make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the ability to edit and customize anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you see exactly how the content you are working on will appear to visitors after publishing.
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
Download The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you need to do is drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages and content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
More Recommended WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: We are not associated with WordPress or any WordPress products promoted on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from the sale of any third-party products mentioned on our site. All product images are the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge and are being used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Was this article useful? If so, please take a moment to share this page with other WordPress users using the links below.