WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that can be used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can think of, someone is bound to be already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover how to create stunning content faster with drag & drop ease in WordPress websites.
Does The WordPress Visual Content Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the WordPress WYSIWYG content editor to build or edit complex website pages can sometimes be challenging.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and images, but adding more complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, you would have to insert shortcodes into your content for every single element you want to create …
Generally, this is not really an issue … until you have to reconfigure the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the button in a box from bright red to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, when working with complex page elements, what you see in the WordPress visual content editor is not exactly what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, users may even be better off working inside the html (text) editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to create complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical users to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue of having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to translate mentally what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your page to load.
Many WordPress developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions to try and address this issue. These range from stand alone WP plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they fail to address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web content builder to work?
Now that you’ve asked this question, visualize the following scenario …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs changing, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content is then instantly edited.
- You can drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize code.
- You have an idea for an item of content you’d like to create, so you simply begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, with no delays, with no switching tabs, and without having to wait for new web pages to reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to create content for your web site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content on your WordPress site, then here is something that you need to consider using …
- 1 Thrive Content Builder – Create Stunning Content Faster And Beautiful Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress
- 1.1 Plugin Description
- 1.2 Thrive Content Builder
- 1.3 Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder
- 1.4 Thrive Content Builder Features
- 1.5 Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
- 1.6 Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- 1.7 User Feedback
- 1.8 Useful Tips
- 1.9 Support
- 1.10 Software Price
- 1.11 Additional Info
- 1.12 Get This Plugin …
- 1.13 Like It? Share It:
- 1.14 Related
Thrive Content Builder – Create Stunning Content Faster And Beautiful Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that gives you total control over every aspect of your content pages using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of creating amazing content on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and an item menu that lets you drag and drop design elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to WordPress)
Thrive Content And Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take a look at all of the above plugins and how these exciting features work together to help you easily transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be configured and changed by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have placed your elements on the page, you can then easily customize or edit them without going through multiple steps or switching screens …
You can also build stunning landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin that we have previously reviewed on this site.
To read more about this plugin, go here: A Review Of Thrive Leads – Mailing Builder For WordPress
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Thrive Content Builder installs like every other WordPress plugin. Just upload a zip file containing the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your admin login and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple to use, it also lets you add content to your web pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Design Beautiful Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Using Shortcodes: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a visually exciting drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of customizable design elements that you can insert into your pages without using short codes, such as pricing tables, borderless content, page section dividers, credit card icons, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for your updates to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, pricing tables, styled lists, call to action buttons, responsive video embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder provides WordPress users a number of unique features. Below we have listed just a few:
- Built-In WordPress Content Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, left-aligned paragraphs, headings, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add responsive columns, guarantee boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building web pages for your website
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No coding skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates that are currently available, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Typically, to be able to have a fully customizable landing page template, you would need to either hire a web designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-built web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any element of the page templates …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in all buttons, headlines, bullet points, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace the background image or background color
- Change the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify content area size
- Rearrange the order of elements on your pages
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere in your pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build a library of custom landing pages.
(Change or customize any aspect of your page templates)
Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your site …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can help improve your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that users have written about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly on your website.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This option lets you run the plugin on one website only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This allows you to use the plugin on all sites that you personally own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your web sites & on client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Price details for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product sells for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing: Thrive Content Builder Plugin
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized template sets that help to speed up content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the ability to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that allows you to see exactly how the content you are working on will look on the “front end” when published.
For ”how-to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Get This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, visit the plugin website: Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
Recommended WordPress Themes And Plugins:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, reviewed, or tested by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, advertised, or reviewed on this site.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Please feel free to share this page with anyone thinking of starting or growing their business online using the social links below.