WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool being used to design all types of pages – direct sales pages, portfolio pages, business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is bound to be already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover how to create stunning content faster with drag & drop ease in WordPress sites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Editor – Is There An Easier Way To Design Pages In WordPress?
With so many advancements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers feel that the WordPress editor is lagging behind other areas of developments being made to the software.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
To create the above layout, users would need to add shortcodes to the content for each of the page elements they want to display on the page …
Typically, this is not an issue … until you choose to reconfigure the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from red to blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to edit complex layouts, often what you see is not really what you are going to get when your page is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, users may even be better off working directly with the source html itself instead of the visual editor when trying to create non-linear page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for users without knowledge of HTML or CSS to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem with having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content with WordPress can be summarized by asking the following questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to mentally translate what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the content to refresh.
A number of WordPress developers have tried to come up with different solutions to try and address this issue. These solutions range from standalone WP plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions require so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these editors work, but they still don’t address the fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web pages to look “just right” quickly, this can start to become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following scenario …
- You spot something in the content that needs correction so you, just click on the content and start editing it. Your content is then instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop elements around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally translate any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content you would like to create, so you just begin typing, and your page gets built as you go, without delays, without switching tabs, and without waiting for new pages to refresh.
Would this not be the perfect way to create content for your website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content And Beautiful Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content creator and editor for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin is a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and an item menu that lets you drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above plugins and how all of this exciting functionality works seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create awesome sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be designed with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once you have placed elements on your page, you can then continue to customize these without going through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also create beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look back once you start using it
Go here to learn more about this plugin: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin that we have written about on this site.
See this article to read more about the plugin:
Here we have listed just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your WordPress website:
Fast And Easy To Install And Use. Be Up And Running In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs like any regular plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user login and activate.
Create & Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only very simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create and add content to your web pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of using the plugin include:
- Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Add Customizable Elements With No Short Codes Involved: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a visually exciting click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of professional design elements that you can customizable and add to your pages without using shortcodes, such as tabbed content, borderless content, dividers, countdown timers, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for your updated content to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, pricing tables, borderless content, section dividers, countdown timers, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WordPress users a number of unique features. Here are just some:
- Built-In WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, paragraph centering, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Page Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, text boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on devices with differently sized screens.
- Add Animation To Your Web Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animated images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you easily add conversion-optimized web pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating landing pages for your WordPress website
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No coding skills needed
- Works with any theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, to be able to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-built web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or customize any aspect of the page templates …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in any button, headline, bullet point, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of your landing page
- Change any background images and edit colour
- Change the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Change the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add any type of custom content in any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build a library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or customize any element of the page)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Web Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your content pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from top to bottom, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have submitted regarding Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on the front end.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are really well-supported, and users get lifetime software updates, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This license lets you install the plugin on 1 site only. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This license enables you to activate the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your domains & on client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: Pricing for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and template sets that help to speed up content design, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the ability to edit and customize anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For ”how to” videos showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: