WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that can be used to create all kinds of websites.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the simplest, most intuitive WYSIWYG content editor for WordPress sites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The WordPress Content Editor Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
Using the built-in WordPress editor to create or edit sophisticated page elements can sometimes be quite difficult.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, users would need to insert shortcodes into the content for every single element they want to display …
Normally, this is not an issue … unless you decide to change an integral aspect of the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the background color in box 1 from green to blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex page elements, often what you see on your editor screen is not really what you are going to get when your content gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, some people argue that you could even be better off working with the html source itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to create complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for non-technical users to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the content editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to translate mentally what your content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for for your updated content to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with various solutions to address this issue. These solutions range from standalone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these editors work fine, but they don’t really address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your content to look “just right” quickly, this can become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your pages?
Now, visualize the following …
- You spot something in your content that needs to be corrected so you, just click on the content and start editing it. Your content has been instantly fixed.
- You can just drag and drop elements on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for an item of content you’d like to add, so you just begin typing, and you build your web page on the fly, without delays, with no tab switching, and without waiting for new web pages to refresh and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content Faster And Beautiful Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Web Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and landing page builder for WordPress.
Thrive Content Builder provides WordPress users with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding great content to WordPress websites.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s examine all of the above plugins and how all of this exciting functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
You can easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be configured by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have positioned your elements on a page, you can then edit or customize them without having to go through multiple steps or switching screens …
You can also create beautiful landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that you’ll never look back once you start using it
Learn more about the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin that we have recommended on this site.
To read more about this plugin, go here:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Below we have listed just some of the many benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Fast And Easy To Install And Configure. Ready To Use In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs like every other WordPress plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is simple to use and lets you create and add content right inside your pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits include:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Customizable Elements With No Shortcodes Required: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a visually exciting drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of professional web design elements that you can use on your layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: columns, guarantee boxes, buttons, HTML code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff for your content to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily add, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, columns, content reveal feature, page section dividers, responsive videos, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides WP users a number of unique features. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- Regular Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the regular WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph centering, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Design: Add responsive elements like columns, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on different screens.
- Add Animation Events To Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page template sets are web templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building and customizing web pages for your site
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No coding skills needed
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content and Page Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, web page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates scheduled for release. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Normally, to be able to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any element of your page template …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any button, bullet point, headline, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace the background image or colour
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere in your pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build a library of custom landing pages.
(Change and edit any aspect of your page templates)
Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox Plugin
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and animated elements to your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms help increase your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using a range of effects (e.g. fade in, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your marketing pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Testimonials From Customers
Below are a few of the testimonials that plugin users have published about Thrive Content Builder:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
Product Licensing Price
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This allows you to configure the plugin on one website only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This option enables you to activate the plugin on all of your personal sites. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on your websites and on all your client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Pricing for the Thrive Content Builder plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
Additional Plugin Info
The developers of the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and template sets that help to speed up content design, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the freedom to change anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to go through multiple steps.
For ”how-to” videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Our Recommendation …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages and engaging content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: