WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that can be used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can think of, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the most intuitive WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Editor – Is There A Simpler Option To Create Content In WordPress?
Using the WordPress WYSIWYG content editor to build or edit sophisticated website pages can be difficult for non-technical web site owners.
(The default WordPress visual content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above layout, users would have to add shortcodes to the content for each of the elements they want to display to visitors …
Generally, this is not really an issue … until you have to edit some part of your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from bright red to some other color. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex content elements, often what you see on your screen may not be what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, users could even be better off working directly with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to create something other than simple layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that users need to abstract what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for the new content to refresh.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with different solutions aiming to address this issue. These solutions range from plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions require so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they still don’t address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to function?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following scenario …
- You spot something in the content that needs fixing so you, simply click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop items around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize any code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you’d like to create, so you just start typing, and your page gets built as you go, with no delays, with no switching of tab browsers, and no waiting for new web content to refresh.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress web site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content without technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Simplest Way To Create Stunning Content And Beautiful Page Layouts In WordPress Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content building plugin.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding amazing content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take an in-depth look at all of the above and how all of this powerful functionality works seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content Creator
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be configured by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have positioned your elements on a page, you can then continue to customize or edit them without having to go through multiple steps or switching tabs …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside beautiful landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the Thrive Content Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers warn that you’ll never look back once you start using it
For more details about this plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress we’ve previously reviewed on this site.
Go here to read more about this plugin:
Here we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Fast And Easy To Install And Implement. Ready To Go To Work In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every other WP plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user area and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is simple and intuitive to use and lets you create and edit content in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional plugin benefits include:
- Add Eye-Catching Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of functional and eye-catching design elements that you can customizable and insert into your web pages without using short codes, like pricing tables, borderless content, buttons, credit card icons, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak your content and then wait for pages to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, columns, borderless content, buttons, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers many unique features to WP users. Below we have listed just some of these features:
- Regular Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the regular content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, centering text, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Page Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you insert animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money designing landing pages for your web site
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No tech skills needed
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and customize any element of the page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in all headlines, buttons, bullet points, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Replace the background image and background colour
- Edit the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Edit content area size
- Change the order of web page elements
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or edit any aspect of the page)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your site …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from top to bottom, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Testimonials From Plugin Users
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin customers have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on your website.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This enables you to install the plugin on a single site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This option allows you to set up the plugin on unlimited web sites that you own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – This allows you to install the plugin on all of your own domains and any client web sites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the Thrive Content Builder plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and template sets that help speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to edit anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For ”how-to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Download This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: