WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool being used to design all types of web pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest and easiest to use WYSIWYG editor for WordPress websites.
- Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Create Beautiful Web Page Layouts In WordPress Websites
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin
- Benefits Of Using Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
- Plugin Features
- Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
- Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine
- Testimonials From Customers
- Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
- Product Support
- Software Pricing
- Additional Info
- We Highly Recommend This …
- Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Create Beautiful Web Page Layouts In WordPress Websites
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Content Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
With so many developments that the WordPress platform has gone through in recent years, many WordPress developers feel that the WordPress content editor is not really suitable for creating and customizing sophisticated layouts.
(The built-in WordPress visual content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
To create the above in your content would require adding something like this into the WordPress editor …
Typically, this is not really an issue … until you have to reconfigure the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the button inside box 2 from bright red to yellow. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are working with complex content elements, what you see in the visual editor is not the same as what you are getting when your web page goes live …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, users would probably be better off working directly with the html source itself instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem of using HTML and shortcodes to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the content editor does not look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for your page to reload.
Many WordPress developers have come up with various solutions with the objective of addressing this issue. These solutions range from WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many complex page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative editors work fine, but they still don’t address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your page content to look “just right” quickly, this can start to become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web content builder to function?
Now, imagine the following …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs to be corrected, simply click on the content and start editing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You just drag and drop elements on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for an item of content that you’d like to add, so you immediately begin typing, and your page gets built as you go, with no delays, with no tab switching, and without having to wait for new content to republish and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress website? A true WYSIWYG editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages in real-time for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Create Beautiful Web Page Layouts In WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and page builder for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to WordPress)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s take a look at each of the above plugins and how all of this functionality works together to help you easily transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
This plugin lets you easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be created and changed using simple ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been positioned on the page, you can then easily edit or customize these without having to go through additional steps or switching screens …
You can also build stunning landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look at the process of creating and adding content the same way once you start using it
Learn more here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin that we have previously written about on this site.
To read about this plugin, go here:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Installation Is Easy And Simple
Thrive Content Builder installs like every other plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP administrator account and activate.
Edit And Build Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you add content right inside your pages in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Add Attractive Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Add Design Elements With No Short Codes Required: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an amazing click-to-edit WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of professional design elements that you can customizable and insert into your layouts without using shortcodes, such as content toggle, feature grids, page section dividers, countdown timers, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for your page to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, content toggle, styled lists, section dividers, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers website owners a number of great features. Here are just a few:
- Regular WordPress Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, paragraph formatting, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of elements to your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, guarantee boxes, dividers, e.g. which will resize and display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page template sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you access to conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building landing pages for your WordPress web site
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No tech skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Normally, to be able to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize any aspect of your page template …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in any button, headline, bullet point, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Replace the background image and edit colour
- Edit the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Modify the size of the content area
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add any kind of custom content anywhere inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build a library of custom landing pages.
(Change or customize any aspect of your page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process helps increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms help to increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from top to bottom, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Testimonials From Customers
Below are some of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin installed.
You can add shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Page Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This edition allows you to configure the plugin on 1 web site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This enables you to use the plugin on all websites that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – This allows you to run the plugin on all of your own sites and all client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost to purchase this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software sells for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the software seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and templates that help speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the ability to change everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to get things done without having to go through multiple steps.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
We Highly Recommend This …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you’ll see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, visit the plugin website here:
Disclaimer: This site has no association with WordPress, Automattic, or any WordPress-related products mentioned on this site. We may derive affiliate commissions or financial benefits from purchases of any products and/or services advertised, promoted or linked from our website. All images remain the copyright of their respective owners and comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge.
Have you found this post useful? If so, please take a moment to use the social links below to share this information with anyone thinking of starting or growing a business online.