WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool being used to design all types of pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the simplest, most intuitive visual editor for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Editor – Is There An Easier Tool For Designing Pages In WordPress?
With so many advancements that WordPress has gone through in recent years, many WordPress users feel that using the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to build or edit complex web site pages can be challenging.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons, you would normally have to add short codes to your content for each page element you want to display …
Normally, this is not an issue … until you choose to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the button inside a box from dark green to blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are working with complex page elements, often what you see in the visual editor is not exactly what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that users could even be better off working with the source html itself instead of the visual editor when trying to create fancy layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for users without coding skills to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge about having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content with WordPress can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the content editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your content to load.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with different solutions to try and make content editing easier. These range from stand alone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions combine so many complex page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they don’t address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web content?
Now, imagine the following scenario …
- You see something in the content that needs correction so you, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is then instantly edited.
- You just drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally abstract from code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content you would like to add, so you just begin typing, and you build your page as you go, with no delays, without switching tabs, and no waiting for edits to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts in real-time for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Ultimate Click-To-Edit Front End Content Builder For WordPress Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking WordPress plugin that gives you complete control over every aspect of your web page design with true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to WordPress)
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take a look at all of the above plugins and how all of this functionality works together to help you transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
This plugin lets you easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be configured with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once you have placed elements on your page, you can then continue to customize these without going through multiple steps or opening new settings screens …
You can also build highly attractive landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers warn that you will never look back once you start using it
Go here to learn more about this plugin: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress we’ve written about on this site.
See this article to read more about the plugin:
Below are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Installation Is Easy
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any plugin. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is simple to use and lets you create content in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Stunning Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an exciting and an easy-to-use click-to-edit WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable web design elements that you can customizable and add to your web pages without using shortcodes, such as content toggle, styled lists, page section dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for your new content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, tabbed content, styled lists, page section dividers, responsive video embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers many features to web site owners. Below we have listed just some:
- Built-In Content Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, centering text, font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add responsive elements like columns, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you easily add conversion-optimized pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building landing pages for your website
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with any theme
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates scheduled for future release. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any element of the page templates …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Change text in any headline, button, bullet point, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace all background images or background colour
- Edit the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add any kind of custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change and edit any element of your page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animated elements to your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can help improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a 2-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using various effects (e.g. zoom in, slide in from left to right, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get lifetime upgrades, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This lets you install the plugin on a single domain. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This allows you to activate the plugin on all of your personal sites. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This edition allows you to activate the plugin on all of your own sites and all client sites. Pricing includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing information:
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers emphatically maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized template sets that help to make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over your design process and the freedom to change anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to open multiple dialog boxes.
For ”how to” videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Download This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you’ll see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web presence and create amazing sales pages and content, Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, visit the plugin website: