WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that can be used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will learn how to create stunning content and design beautiful web page layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress sites.
Does The WordPress Visual Content Editor Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
Using the built-in WordPress visual content editor to build or edit sophisticated web site pages can be quite challenging, especially for non-technical web site owners.
(The WordPress visual content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To add the above to your content would require inserting something like this inside the WordPress editor …
Generally, this is not an issue … until you have to reconfigure the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the button in a box from red to purple. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add complex page elements, often what you see in the visual editor may not be what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, users would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create fancy layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it difficult for WordPress users without knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem of having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see when working in the back end doesn’t look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which can impact how quickly you can create your content, as you wait for your page to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with different solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these alternative solutions range from plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these editors work, but they still don’t address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web page builder to function?
Now that you’ve asked this question, visualize the following …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs correction, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is then instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for some content you’d like to create, so you just begin typing, and your page gets built as you go, without delays, no switching of tab browsers, and no waiting for web pages to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to build content for your WordPress web site? A true visual content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content on your WordPress site, then here is something that you need to know about …
- 1 Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Fastest Visual Editor For WordPress Websites
- 1.1 Plugin Description
- 1.2 Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
- 1.3 Benefits
- 1.4 Features
- 1.5 Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Sets
- 1.6 Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Website Into A Marketing Machine
- 1.7 Feedback From Users
- 1.8 Plugin Tips
- 1.9 Support
- 1.10 Software Cost
- 1.11 Additional Plugin Information
- 1.12 Install This Plugin …
- 1.13 Like It? Share It:
- 1.14 Related
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Fastest Visual Editor For WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a revolutionary WordPress plugin that lets site owners easily create amazing content pages using a truly visual click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding amazing content to WordPress web sites.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s take an in-depth a look at all of the above plugins and how all of this exciting functionality works together to help you transform and improve your web presence and create amazing sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be designed using simple ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once you have placed elements on the page, you can then further edit these without going through multiple steps or switching screens …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you build beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it’ll ruin the experience of using all other content editors forever, and you’ll never look back!
More info: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
To read about this plugin, go here: A Review Of Thrive Leads – WP Mailing List Builder
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Simple To Install And Set Up. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder is really easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress administrator login and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is simple to use and lets you edit content in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Stunning Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and an easy-to-use click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of functional and eye-catching design elements that you can customizable and use on your pages without using shortcodes, like columns, styled lists, testimonials, Google Map embeds, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to wait for your content to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Insert, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, content toggle, table of contents builder, buttons, HTML code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many powerful features to web site owners. Below we have listed just some:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, centering text, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of elements available on your post or page screen when creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Sets
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing beautiful-looking web pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize any aspect of the page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any headline, bullet point, button, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Change the background image and background colours
- Edit the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Modify the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of web page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add any kind of custom content inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build your own library of custom landing pages.
(Change and customize any element of the page templates)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Website Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animated objects to your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(2-step opt-in forms can help improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using a range of animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Below are some of the testimonials plugin customers have written about Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on your website.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get lifetime upgrades, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This allows you to use the plugin on one domain only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This lets you activate the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on your domains and on client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details here: Thrive Content Builder Plugin
Additional Plugin Information
The Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over the design process and the freedom to edit everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you see exactly how the content you are working on will display after being published.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
Additional WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, certified, or tested by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, reviewed, or advertised on this site.
Have you found this post useful? Please use the social buttons below to share this article with others.