WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now used to design all types of pages – marketing pages, product showcase pages, business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover how to create beautiful web page layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress web sites.
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
- Plugin Features
- Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
- Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Web Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
- Plugin Tips
- Product Support
- Plugin Pricing
- Additional Plugin Information
- Install This Plugin …
- Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Editor – Is There A Simpler Tool For Creating Web Pages In WordPress?
Using the built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor to build or edit complex page elements can sometimes be challenging.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding complex layouts can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons, users would normally need to insert shortcodes into the content for every single page element they want to add to their page …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you want to change the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button inside box 3 from green to a different colour. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add more complex layouts, what you see on your editor screen is not what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you could even be better off working inside the text editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to add complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for WordPress site owners without knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge of having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see when working in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to mentally translate what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your content to reload.
Many WordPress web developers have come up with a range of solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these solutions range from standalone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions include so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they don’t really address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web pages?
Now, visualize this …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs fixing, just click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop elements on the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally translate shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for some content you’d like to add, so you immediately begin typing, and your page gets built on the fly, without delays, no switching of tab browsers, and no waiting for new content to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to build content for your site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts quickly for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content builder.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop design elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will cover all of the above plugins and how these powerful features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create awesome marketing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be designed and edited with ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” ease …
Once you have placed elements on the page, you can then easily edit these without having to go through multiple steps or opening extra settings windows …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you work inside stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
More info: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
Go here to read more about this plugin:
Below we have listed just some of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Fast And Simple To Install And Implement. Ready To Start Using In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs like any other WordPress plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP admin area and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is very simple to use and lets you edit and build content in real-time.
What You See Is Exactly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Attractive Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Design Elements Without Using Short Codes: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of customizable design elements that you can customizable and insert into your pages without using short codes, for e.g.: content toggle, feature grids, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to wait for your updates to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, tabbed content, feature grids, buttons, responsive Google map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers WordPress users a number of great features. Here are just a few of these:
- All Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, paragraph centering, headings, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive columns, text boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on devices with differently sized screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you create animation in buttons, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you access to conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating stunning pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No technical skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates scheduled for release. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-built pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize anything on the page …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in all buttons, headlines, bullet points, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Replace the background image and background colors
- Change the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Change the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content inside the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build your own custom landing pages library.
(Change and edit anything on your page)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Web Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and events to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your WordPress web site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress website with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Here are a couple of the testimonials customers have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created with the plugin installed.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get lifetime software updates, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This allows you to activate the plugin on a single site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License Edition – This enables you to use the plugin on unlimited sites that you personally own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on all your sites & on all your client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Pricing for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and template sets that help to speed up content design, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change and customize everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For demo videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, check out the plugin here:
Disclaimer: This site has no association with WordPress, Automattic, or any products promoted on this website. We may derive an affiliate commission from the purchase of any third-party products and services mentioned on this site. All images are the copyright of their respective owners and have been used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you find this tutorial useful? Please feel free to share this tutorial with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress using the social buttons below.