WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool into a tool that can be used to design all types of pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the most intuitive way to build stunning content in WordPress.
- Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creator For WordPress
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin
- Thrive Content Builder Features
- Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
- Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- User Feedback
- Useful Tips
- Software Pricing
- Additional Plugin Information
- Get The Plugin …
- Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creator For WordPress
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Content Editor – Is There An Easier Way To Create Content Layouts In WordPress?
With all the many advancements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users feel that using the default WordPress WYSIWYG content editor to build or edit complex page elements can be quite difficult.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above in a page would require entering something that looks like this in the default WordPress visual content editor …
Generally, this is not an issue … unless you choose to change the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the background color inside a box from bright red to another colour. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, when working with more complex page elements, what you see in the visual editor may not be what you are getting when the content goes live …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, some people argue that users may even be better off working directly inside the WordPress html editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to build something other than simple page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for users without knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the editor does not look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users need to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your page to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with different solutions with the aim of making content editing more intuitive. Some of these alternative solutions range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions include so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these editors work fine, but they don’t really seem to address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web pages to look “just right” quickly, this can start to become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now, imagine the following scenario …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs correction, simply click on the content and start editing it. Your content is then instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop items around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally translate any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for some content you would like to create, so you immediately start typing, and you build your page as you go, with no delays, no tab switching, and without waiting for new web content to reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress site? A true WYSIWYG content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creator For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking plugin for WordPress that lets you easily create and change content on your posts and pages with a powerful click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop design elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editing option to WordPress)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take an in-depth look at all of the above and how all of this exciting functionality works together to help you transform and improve your web presence and create amazing sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be built and changed by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once elements have been added to the page, you can continue to further customize these without having to go through additional steps or switching tabs …
You can also build highly attractive landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it’ll ruin the experience of using any other content editor forever, and you’ll never look back!
Learn more about this plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin that we have written about on this site.
Go here to learn more about this plugin:
Here we have listed just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your WordPress site:
Ready To Use In Very Little Time
Thrive Content Builder is very easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you edit and add content to your web pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Design Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Design Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable web design elements that you can use on your layouts without using shortcodes, for e.g.: flat design elements, styled lists, section dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for your updated content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, columns, feature grids, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WordPress users many unique features. Here are just a few of these:
- Built-In Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the regular text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, centering text, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animation in buttons, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating and customizing landing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No technical skills needed
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates scheduled for future release. In addition to the existing templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template
Typically, to be able to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize any aspect of the page …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Modify text in all headlines, buttons, bullet points, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Replace all background images or background colour
- Edit the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of web page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build a custom landing page templates library.
(Change or customize any element of your page templates)
Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully customizable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms help to improve your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your pages, using various effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from right to left, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Here are a few of the testimonials plugin customers have submitted regarding the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created using the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are very well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This option allows you to run the plugin on one domain only. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This enables you to use the plugin on all web sites that you own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – This option lets you use the plugin on all of your own websites and all client web sites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing shown above was correct when this content was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and template sets that help to make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over the design process and the freedom to edit everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For a demo video of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive website.
Get The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you’ll see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create awesome sales pages and engaging content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here:
Disclaimer: We are not directly associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any WordPress products written about on this website. We may derive a financial benefit from the purchase of any third-party products advertised, reviewed or linked from our site. All images are the copyright of their respective owners and comply with all license terms and agreements of use.
Have you found this post useful? Feel free to share this tutorial with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress using the social buttons below.