WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool that is now used to design all types of pages – direct sales pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest visual content editor for WordPress websites.
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content Faster With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Websites
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
- Plugin Benefits
- Plugin Features
- Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
- Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- User Feedback
- Useful Tips
- Plugin Support
- Plugin Pricing
- Additional Info
- The Bottom Line …
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content Faster With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Websites
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Content Editor – Is There An Easier Tool For Creating Great-Looking Content Layouts In WordPress?
Using the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to build or edit sophisticated page layouts can be quite difficult for non-technical users.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex page elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
Adding the above to a page would require adding something that looks like this in the WordPress content editor …
Typically, this is not an issue … until you want to reconfigure the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background color in a box from dark green to light green. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to create complex layouts, often what you see may not be the same as what you are getting when your content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, you may even be better off working directly inside the WordPress html editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to create non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for WordPress users with no coding skills to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see when working in the content editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to abstract what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for your page to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions to try to address this issue. These range from standalone WordPress plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions require so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these solutions work fine, but they still fail to address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can start to become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to work?
Now, imagine the following …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs fixing, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You simply drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content that you would like to add, so you just start typing, and you build your page on the fly, without delays, with no switching tabs, and without having to wait for new pages to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress web site? A true visual editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your page?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages quickly for your web content without technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content Faster With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that lets you quickly add content to your posts and pages with a truly visual click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editing option to WordPress)
The Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We’ll take a look at all of the above and how these features work together to help you easily transform and improve your site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
With Thrive Content Builder easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every element of your web page can be built using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been positioned on your page, you can then edit or customize them without going through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also create stunning landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers warn that you will never look back once you start using it
More info: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin we’ve written about on this site.
Go here to read more about the plugin: Thrive Leads – Mailing Builder For WordPress
Below are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Fast And Simple To Install And Set Up. Ready To Start Using In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any WordPress plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is is not only very simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you edit and build content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Design Elements With No Shortcodes Involved: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes a collection of professional design elements that you can insert into your content layouts without using short codes, like pricing tables, content reveal feature, buttons, countdown timers, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to wait for the page to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, tabbed content, content reveal feature, dividers, responsive videos, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides a number of powerful features to WP users. Below we have listed just a few:
- All WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, left-aligned text, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Design: Add responsive columns, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Your Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you add animated content elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
Landing page sets are web templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building great-looking pages for your website
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No tech skills required
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, conversion optimized landing page templates and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates planned for future release. In addition to the available templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, to be able to have a fully customizable landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and edit anything on your page …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other part of your landing page
- Change the background image and edit colours
- Change the color of links, buttons, text, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Change the order of web page elements
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content anywhere inside your pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build a custom landing pages library.
(Change and edit any element of your page templates)
Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your sales pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your page, using various effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your marketing pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Below are just a few of the testimonials plugin users have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This allows you to set up the plugin on a single website. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This enables you to configure the plugin on all of your personal sites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – This edition enables you to configure the plugin on all of your own websites and all client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Pricing details of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software sells for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here: Thrive Content Builder
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers emphatically maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and templates that help speed up your content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the ability to edit everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that allows you to see how the content you are working on will look after publishing.
For demo videos showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
The Bottom Line …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you need to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Thrive Content Builder
Recommended Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: This site has no direct association with WordPress or any products promoted on this site. We may derive a financial benefit or affiliate commission from sales of services and products advertised on this site. All product images remain the copyright of their respective owners and comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share this article with others using the links below.