WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool to a tool being used to design all types of web pages – direct sales pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, someone is probably already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the simplest, most intuitive visual content builder for WordPress.
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content And Page Creation Tool
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
- Plugin Benefits
- Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
- Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- User Testimonials
- Plugin Tips
- Thrive Content Builder Support
- Product Price
- Additional Information
- Install The Plugin …
- Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content And Page Creation Tool
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Still Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
Using the default WordPress content editor to create or edit complex page elements can sometimes be quite challenging for non-technical users.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above layout, you would have to add short codes to your content for every single page element you want to display to visitors …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you want to reconfigure the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the background colour in box 2 from green to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with complex layouts, often what you see is not the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that you could be better off working inside the html editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to add something other than simple layouts …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem of having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the content editor doesn’t look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for the page to load.
Many WordPress developers have come up with different solutions with the objective of addressing this issue. Some of these range from WP plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions include so many complex page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these solutions work, but they don’t really address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web page builder to behave?
Now that you’ve asked this question, visualize the following …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be corrected, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You can just drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for an item of content you would like to add, so you simply start typing, and you build your web page as you go, without delays, no tab switching, and no waiting for new web pages to refresh.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress site? A true visual content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content And Page Creation Tool
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that lets users easily create and change content on their posts and pages using a click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of adding amazing content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take an in-depth look at each of the above plugins and how these features work together to help you easily transform and improve your site and create amazing marketing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
With this plugin installed easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be built and changed with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once elements have been added to a page, you can then easily edit or customize these without having to go through additional steps or switching screens …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside highly attractive landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the Thrive Content Builder plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look back once you start using it
More info: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another fantastic plugin for WordPress that we have recommended on this site.
To read more about this plugin, go here: Thrive Leads – WordPress Mail List-Building Plugin
Below we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your WordPress website:
Thrive Content Builder is very easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your administrator area and activate.
Edit & Build Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Eye-Catching Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Design Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a visually exciting click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of professional web design elements that you can use on your content layouts without using shortcodes, for e.g.: columns, star ratings for review pages, page section dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for for your updated content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Insert, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, flat design elements, content boxes, buttons, HTML code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers many features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Regular WordPress Content Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in content editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph formatting, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Design: Add responsive elements like columns, text boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will display correctly on devices with differently sized screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you insert animated images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Landing page sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages provides you with conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating beautiful web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No tech skills required
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates planned for future release. In addition to the templates that are currently available, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize any element of your page …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other part of your landing page
- Change all background images and background colours
- Change the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Change content area size
- Change the order of web page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build your own custom landing pages library.
(Change and customize any element of the page templates)
Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your pages …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your marketing pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a 2-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom in, slide in from top to bottom, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Here are a couple of the testimonials and feedback that customers have published about Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License Edition – This license option lets you set up the plugin on a single site. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you activate the plugin on all sites that you personally own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – This enables you to use the plugin on all of your own web sites and any client web sites. Price includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for the Thrive Content Builder plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was current at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Thrive Content Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Editing Plugin For WordPress
The developers of the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and template sets that help to speed up content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to edit everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you need to do is drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing sales pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Editing Plugin
Additional WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: This site is not associated with WordPress or any of the WordPress products reviewed on this site. We may derive affiliate commissions or financial benefits from the purchase of any third-party services or products mentioned on this site. All images and details sourced from product websites remain the copyright of their respective owners and have been used only for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share this tutorial with anyone who can benefit from learning about WordPress using the share buttons below.