WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool into a tool being used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can think of, someone is bound to be already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the fastest way to build stunning content in WordPress websites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The WordPress Editor Meeting All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the WordPress editor to build or edit sophisticated content elements can sometimes be challenging for non-technical WordPress users.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, users would have to add shortcodes to the content for every page element they want to add to their page …
Generally, this is not an issue … unless you have to change an element of your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background colour inside box 3 from green to another colour. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add complex layouts, what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you could be better off working directly inside the WordPress text editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to add fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes to create content in WordPress can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the back end doesn’t look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to abstract what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which then affects how fast you can create your content, as you wait for the page to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with various solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these solutions range from WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions require so many complex page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative editors work fine, but they don’t really address the fundamental problem with using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Adding and editing non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become very frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your pages?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following …
- You spot something in the content that needs changing so you, simply click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop items around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally translate any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content you’d like to add, so you immediately start typing, and you build your page on the fly, with no delays, with no switching of tab browsers, and no waiting for edits to resave and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress website? A true visual content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts quickly for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest WYSIWYG Content Editor For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag-and-drop content and page builder plugin for WordPress.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above and how these features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be built and changed by dragging and dropping things around the page and then clicking to edit them …
Once elements have been positioned on a page, you can then edit or customize them without having to go through multiple steps or switching screens …
You can also work inside stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the plugin installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that you will never look back once you start using it
Learn more about this plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin we’ve previously recommended on this site.
To read more about the plugin, see this post:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Easy To Install And Implement. Be Up And Running In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any regular plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Build And Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple to use, it also lets you edit content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Design Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Design Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of functional and attractive web design elements that you can use on your pages without using shortcodes, for e.g.: columns, guarantee boxes, section dividers, code insert boxes, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you edit your content and then wait for the page to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Insert, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, content toggle, styled lists, section dividers, responsive video embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these features:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the regular WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, left-aligned paragraphs, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Web Page Design: Add responsive columns, text boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Landing page template sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building gorgeous-looking web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing pages
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and customize any element of your page templates …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in all buttons, bullet points, headlines, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Change the background image and background color
- Change the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Edit content area size
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add any kind of custom content anywhere in your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change and edit anything on your page templates)
Transform Your Website Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin package includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process helps to increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Here are a couple of the testimonials that plugin customers have published about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are really well-supported, and users get unlimited updates, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Edition – This edition allows you to use the plugin on a single website. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This allows you to set up the plugin on all of your personal sites. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – Use on all your domains & on client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing the Thrive Content Builder product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price at the time this article was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing:
Additional Plugin Info
The developers of the Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized template sets that help speed up your content creation, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the ability to edit and customize everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to see exactly how the content you are working on will display after being published.
For ”how to” videos showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing marketing pages and content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin website here: