WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that can be used to design all types of web pages – direct sales pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover how to create beautiful layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress websites.
- Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Build Stunning Content In WordPress Sites
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder
- Plugin Benefits
- Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
- Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- User Feedback
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
- Product License Cost
- Additional Plugin Information
- Download The Plugin …
- Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Build Stunning Content In WordPress Sites
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Visual Editor Still Meet All Of Your Web Design Needs?
With so many advancements that WordPress has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users and developers feel that using the default WordPress visual content editor to create or edit more complex web site pages can be quite challenging.
(The default WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and images, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above in a page would require inserting something that looks like this into the default WordPress content editor …
Generally, this is not an issue … unless you want to change your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background colour in box 2 from dark green to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to create complex layouts, what you see on your screen may not be what you are going to get when your web page gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you may even be better off working directly inside the WordPress html editor tab instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to create fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem about using shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users need to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require several steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your content to load.
Many WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions to make content editing more intuitive. These solutions range from WordPress plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up including so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative editors work, but they still don’t address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page builder to behave?
Now, imagine the following …
- You see something in the content that needs correction so you, simply click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly fixed.
- You simply drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally abstract from shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you’d like to create, so you immediately start typing, and you build your page as you go, with no delays, without switching tabs, and without waiting for new content to resave and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress site? A true WYSIWYG content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Simplest Way To Build Stunning Content In WordPress Sites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content builder plugin.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin is a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress site.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take an in-depth look at each of the above plugins and how all of this exciting functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your website and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
With this plugin installed easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every element on your web page can be designed, changed and repositioned using simple “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” …
Once elements have been added to your page, you can then further customize these without going through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also work inside highly attractive landing pages that can also be easily edited …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages with the Thrive Content Builder plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers warn that you’ll never look at creating and adding content the same way once you start using it
More info: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress that we have previously written about on this site.
See this article to read about this plugin: A Review Of Thrive Leads – Mailing List-Building Plugin For WP
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Ready To Go To Work In Minutes
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Edit And Add Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is really simple and intuitive to use and lets you build content in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits of using the plugin include:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an amazing drag and drop content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable design elements that you can customizable and insert into your content layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: content toggle, borderless content, section dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for the content to reload frees up your attention and allows you to build the pages your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Easily create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, columns, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, responsive video embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides site owners many features. Here are just a few of these:
- All WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the regular WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, left-aligned paragraphs, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, text boxes, dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating professional landing pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No technical skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, web page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over thirty templates available, with more templates planned for future release. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or customize any element of your page …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Replace all background images and background colours
- Change the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Edit content area size
- Rearrange the order of elements on your pages
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add any type of custom content in any of the pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own templates, or even build a custom landing page templates library.
(Change and customize any aspect of your page templates)
Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your web site …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can help improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a two-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress site with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have published about Thrive Content Builder:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created with the plugin.
You can add short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are very well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
Product License Cost
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This lets you run the plugin on a single site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License Edition – This allows you to configure the plugin on unlimited web sites that you personally own. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This lets you configure the plugin on all of your own web sites and your client domains. It includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was current at the time this article was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing: Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
Additional Plugin Information
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and templates that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over the design process and the freedom to edit and customize everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to see exactly how the content you are working on will appear when published.
For ”how-to” videos showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Download The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Thrive Content Builder
Additional WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: This site has no association with WordPress or any of the WordPress-related products mentioned on this website. We may derive financial benefits or affiliate commissions from purchases of any third-party products or services mentioned on our site. All images remain the copyright of their respective owners and comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please consider using the social links below to share this article with other online users.