WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that can be used to design all types of pages – marketing pages, portfolio pages, business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the simplest and most easy-to-use WYSIWYG content builder for WordPress websites.
Table of Contents
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Fastest Way To Build Stunning Layouts In WordPress
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation And Editing Needs?
With so many developments that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers feel that using the default WordPress content editor to create or edit complex web pages can sometimes be quite difficult.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
To create the above layout, you would have to add short codes to your content for each element you want to create …
Normally, this is not an issue … until you want to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the background color in box 3 from dark green to gold. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, when creating with complex content elements, often what you see in the WordPress content editor is not exactly what you are going to get when the content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, users would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to add non-linear page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for WordPress users with no coding skills to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with having to use HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the content editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that you need to abstract what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for your updated content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions with the goal of addressing this issue. Some of these range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these solutions work fine, but they don’t really seem to address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your web content editor to work?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following scenario …
- You see something in your content that needs to be corrected so you, just click on the content and start writing. Your content is then instantly edited.
- You can drag and drop items around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for an item of content you’d like to create, so you just start typing, and you build your page as you go, without delays, without tab switching, and without waiting for web pages to resave and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your website? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Fastest Way To Build Stunning Layouts In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that lets you quickly add beautiful content to your posts and pages with true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin is a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress site.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to WordPress)
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s examine each of the above plugins and how these powerful features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every element on your web page can be designed using “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” …
Once elements have been positioned on a page, you can then continue to edit or customize these without going through additional steps or opening more configuration screens …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you create highly attractive landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Learn more about the plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress we’ve previously reviewed on this site.
To read more about the plugin, see this page:
Below we have listed just some of the many benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every other WP plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is very simple and intuitive to use and lets you edit and add content to your pages in real-time.
What You See Is Exactly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Design Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use click-to-edit content editor, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of professional web design elements that you can insert into your web pages without using shortcodes, like pricing tables, text boxes, buttons, responsive videos, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for the updates to reload frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, columns, content reveal feature, page section dividers, custom HTML and CSS, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- All WordPress Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the built-in WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, left-aligned paragraphs, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, text boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display great on devices with differently sized screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No tech skills needed
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the templates shown above, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or edit any aspect of the page templates …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any headline, bullet point, button, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace all background images or colour
- Change the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the pages
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content anywhere in your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change or edit anything on the page templates)
Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms help increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or graphic elements, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your page, using various effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from right to left, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Below are some of the testimonials that plugin customers have provided for Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get unlimited updates, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This allows you to install the plugin on 1 web site only. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This lets you set up the plugin on unlimited domains that you personally own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – This license enables you to configure the plugin on all of your own web sites and your client sites. Price includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: The price of this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
The developers of the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help speed up content design, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the freedom to edit anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you see exactly how the content you are working on will display on the “front end” after publishing.
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
In Conclusion …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web presence and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin website here:
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
cPanel is a powerful and simple-to-use web hosting management software application that gives website owners the ability to quickly and easily manage their servers and websites using a simple and intuitive dashboard.
This video course will teach you how to use the main features of cPanel to manage your web hosting.
More info: How To Use cPanel
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
This video course shows you how to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer and upload files between your hard drive and your server using a free FTP program called Filezilla.
More info: How To Use FTP
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to install, set up, and locally host a fully functioning WordPress site on your computer.
More info: How To Set Up WordPress On Localhost
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up and use Amazon S3 to upload, store, manage, and protect your site’s images, large media files, downloadable files, stream videos and more.
More info: How To Use Amazon S3