WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is most likely already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest and easiest to use WYSIWYG content editor for WordPress sites.
- Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder For WordPress
- Plugin Benefits
- Plugin Features
- Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
- Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
- Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
- Plugin Support
- Plugin Price
- Additional Info
- Install This Plugin …
- Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The Default WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Still Meeting All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the WordPress visual content editor to build or edit complex web pages can sometimes be quite difficult.
(The WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To create the above layout, users would normally have to insert short codes into the content for each of the page elements they would like to display …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you need to change the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the background color in box 3 from dark green to some other color. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to edit complex page elements, what you see in the visual editor is not exactly what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, you would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to build fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for WordPress site owners with no coding skills to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental challenge with using HTML and shortcodes to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your content to load.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with various solutions to address this issue. These range from standalone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work fine, but they still don’t address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can start to become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web pages?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following scenario …
- You spot something in the content that needs changing so you, simply click on the content and start typing. Your content has been instantly fixed.
- You can just drag and drop elements around the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally translate any HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you would like to create, so you simply start typing, and you build your page as you go, without delays, no tab switching, and without waiting for pages to reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress website? A true visual editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that gives you total control over every aspect of your web page using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder provides WordPress users with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of creating great content on.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content builder to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take a look at all of the above plugins and how these features work seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your website and create amazing sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder For WordPress
You can easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every element on your page can be built with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once you have positioned elements on the page, you can continue to further customize these without going through multiple steps or switching screens …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you work inside beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
More info: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin for WordPress that we have written about on this site.
For more information about using the plugin, see this page:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Quick And Easy To Install And Configure. Be Up And Running In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any regular plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is simple and intuitive to use and lets you add content to your pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Eye-Catching Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Design Elements Without Using Shortcodes: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a visually exciting drag and drop WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable design elements that you can customizable and insert into your layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: columns, guarantee boxes, section dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for your page to reload frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Easily add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, content toggle, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users a number of features. Below we have listed just a few:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the built-in WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, centering text, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like columns, guarantee boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page template sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you easily add conversion-optimized pages to your website)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building and customizing landing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No coding skills required
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable Landing Page Template Sets
Normally, to be able to have a completely customizable landing page template, you would need to either hire a web site designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize any aspect of the page …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Replace any background images and edit colors
- Edit the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the page
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add custom content inside any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or customize any element of your page template)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your WordPress website with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox 2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps to improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(2-step opt-in forms help increase your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress web site with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Here are just a few of the testimonials and comments customers have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on existing pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on the front end.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This license option allows you to install the plugin on a single website. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This lets you use the plugin on all of your personal sites. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your web sites & on all your client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Current pricing for the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the product seller when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized templates that help make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the ability to change and customize everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to see exactly how the content you are working on will look after being published.
For a demo video of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no additional steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create awesome marketing pages and content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, visit the plugin website:
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress, Automattic, or any WordPress-related products reviewed on this website. We may derive an affiliate commission from purchases of any third-party services or products mentioned on this website. All images remain the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use are used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Please feel free to use the share buttons below and share this page with other new website owners.