WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool into a tool that can be used to design all types of pages – landing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you learn how to create stunning content faster with drag & drop ease in WordPress web sites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Editor – Is There An Easier Tool To Design Web Site Pages In WordPress?
With so many advancements that the WordPress platform has gone through in recent years, many WordPress users and developers believe that the WordPress content editor is now lagging behind other areas of improvements made to the software.
(The WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the screenshot below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons, users would have to add shortcodes to the content for each element they want to display to visitors …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you choose to edit some part of your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background color in a box from red to some other color. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with more complex page elements, often what you see in the WordPress visual content editor screen is not the same as what you are going to get when the web page is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, you would probably be better off working inside the WordPress html (text) editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it difficult for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content with WordPress can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see when working in the editor does not look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that you need to translate mentally what your content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for your updated content to load.
A number of WordPress web developers have tried to come up with different solutions with the objective of addressing this issue. Some of these solutions range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WordPress themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these editors work, but they still don’t address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your page content to look ”perfect” quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to behave?
Now, imagine this …
- You spot something in your content that needs changing so you, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You can drag and drop elements on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize code.
- You have an idea for a specific item of content that you would like to create, so you just start typing, and you build your web page as you go, with no delays, with no switching of tab browsers, and without waiting for new pages to resave and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress site? A true WYSIWYG content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content Creation Tool
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly add amazing content to WordPress posts and pages using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editor to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s examine each of the above and how all of this exciting functionality works seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your web presence and create awesome sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content Editing Plugin For WordPress
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be designed with “drag and drop” and “click-to-edit” ease …
Once elements have been positioned on your page, you can then edit them without having to go through additional steps or switching tabs …
You can also create stunning landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Go here to learn more about this plugin: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin that we have previously recommended on this site.
Go here to read more about the plugin:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder Plugin
Below we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your WordPress website:
Ready To Go To Work In No Time
Thrive Content Builder is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Creation
Thrive Content Builder is really simple and intuitive to use and lets you create and edit content in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the editor – fonts, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see in the front end of your site.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Beautiful Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of functional and eye-catching web design elements that you can customizable and add to your content layouts without using shortcodes, such as content toggle, feature grids, testimonials, code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you edit content and then wait for your page to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, pricing tables, table of contents builder, section dividers, responsive Google maps, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users many features. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- Regular WordPress Content Functionality Is Preserved: You have all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, paragraph centering, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase your conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, text boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you create animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building gorgeous pages for your site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No technical skills required
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the available templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template Sets
Normally, to be able to fully customize a landing page template, you would need to either pay a web designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or edit any aspect of your page template …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in all bullet points, headlines, buttons, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Replace the background image and background colour
- Edit the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Change the size of the content area
- Change the order of web page elements
- Translate pages into a different language
- Add custom content inside your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or customize any element of the page templates)
Transform Your Web Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox Plugin
The Thrive plugin combo includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable two-step opt-in forms and events to your WordPress site …
(Add opt-in forms and animated objects to your marketing pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process helps improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a 2-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from top to bottom, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Below are a few of the testimonials plugin customers have published about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created with the plugin.
You can add short codes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will be displayed correctly on the front end.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are very well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This option enables you to install the plugin on 1 web site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This option lets you use the plugin on unlimited web sites that you own. It includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License Edition – Use on your websites and on client websites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Current pricing for Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this content was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Info
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and beautiful, conversion-optimized template sets that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Get This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you’ll see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you need to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create amazing marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, check out the plugin here: