WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now being used to design all types of web pages – landing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
In this article you will discover the most intuitive visual content editor for WordPress.
Table of Contents
- Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content And Page Builder
- Plugin Description
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
- Plugin Benefits
- Thrive Content Builder Features
- Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
- Transform Your Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
- Testimonials From Plugin Customers
- Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
- Plugin Price
- Additional Information
- Install The Plugin …
- Thrive Content And Page Builder
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Content Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation And Editing Needs?
With all the many advancements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers and users believe that using the default WordPress editor to create or edit complex page layouts can sometimes be quite challenging.
(The WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding more complex content elements can be quite challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To add the above page elements to a page would require typing something like this in your WordPress visual content editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you decide to edit some part of the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or change the button in box 1 from green to orange. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to give non-technical users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with complex layouts, what you see in the visual editor may not be what you are going to get when the web page gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, some people argue that you may even be better off working inside the WordPress html (text) editor tab instead of the visual editor when trying to create non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge with using shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress visual editor can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to create a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the editor doesn’t look anything like what you see in the front end. This means that users have to abstract what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for for your updated content to refresh.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions with the goal of making the visual editor more intuitive. Some of these range from stand alone WP plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative editors work fine, but they don’t address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look “just right” quickly, this can start to become very frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your pages?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs to be changed, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly changed.
- You can drag and drop items on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you would like to add, so you simply begin typing, and you build your page as you go, without delays, no switching of tab browsers, and without waiting for new web content to resave and reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to build content for your web site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content And Page Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag and drop content builder plugin.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides WordPress users with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding great content to WordPress web sites.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual editor to your WordPress site)
The Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review all of the above plugins and how these exciting features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your website and create amazing marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be built and changed using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once you have placed elements on a page, you can then further edit them without going through multiple steps or opening new settings windows …
You can also work inside beautiful landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with the plugin installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Learn more here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin for WordPress that we have previously reviewed on this site.
Go here to read about the plugin:
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Fast And Simple To Install And Set Up. Ready To Use In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is simple and intuitive to use and lets you build content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see in the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Add Eye-Catching Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Shortcodes: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use click-to-edit WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of functional and attractive design elements that you can customizable and insert into your layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: flat design elements, gradient boxes, testimonials, Google Map embeds, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak your content and then wait for your updated content to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily create, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, columns, gradient boxes, page section dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder provides many powerful features to site owners. Below we have listed just some:
- Regular Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the regular text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, centering text, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of elements available on your post or page screen for creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, text boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display great on different screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animation in images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Templates
Landing page template sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you access to conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building and customizing pages for your WordPress website
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No web coding skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, web page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates that are currently available, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, to be able to have a fully customizable landing page template, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit anything on your page templates …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Edit text in any bullet point, headline, button, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Replace the background image and edit colors
- Change the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Select your own images
- Change the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of elements on the pages
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content anywhere in any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change or edit any aspect of your page)
Transform Your Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin combo includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and events to your web pages …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your WordPress web site with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms can help increase your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using various effects (e.g. zoom in, slide in from top to bottom, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Testimonials From Plugin Customers
Below are just some testimonials that plugin customers have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on the front end.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This lets you configure the plugin on a single web site. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This option lets you configure the plugin on all of your personal websites. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – Use on all your web sites & on client domains. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing the Thrive Content Builder plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the price when this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and template sets that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the ability to edit and customize everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to get things done without having to go through multiple steps.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, check out the plugin here:
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up and configure a WordPress membership site using the S2 Member free WordPress membership plugin.
More info: Using S2 Member
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to safely and automatically backup your WordPress files and database and how to easily restore your WordPress site if something were to happen.
More info: How To Back Up & Restore WordPress Sites
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to optimize your WordPress site and improve your page loading speed.
More info: How To Optimize WordPress
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up an e-commerce store on your WordPress site using e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
More info: Build An e-Commerce Store With WordPress