WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now being used to design all types of web pages – landing pages, portfolio pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover the ultimate drag and drop front end visual editor for WordPress sites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The Default WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Still Meeting All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to build or edit sophisticated content elements can be challenging.
(The WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and images, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
Creating the above boxes with text and buttons in a page would require inserting something like this inside your WordPress editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you have to reconfigure the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the background color inside a box from red to blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress editor is supposed to provide users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content editor, but as you can see, when working with more complex layouts, often what you see on your screen may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that users may even be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to create complex page elements …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for users with no knowledge of HTML or CSS to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see in the back end doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking a number of steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which then impacts how fast you can create your content, as you wait for your page to refresh.
Many WordPress developers have come up with various solutions with the aim of making the visual editor easier. These range from standalone WP plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex page layouts easier!)
Some solutions combine so many complex page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative editors work, but they still fail to address the fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look “just right” quickly, this can become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web content?
Now, visualize this …
- You see something in the content that needs changing so you, just click on the content and start editing it. Your content is then instantly changed.
- You can just drag and drop elements around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate any code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content you would like to add, so you just begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, without delays, no tab switching, and without waiting for new pages to reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress web site? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex pages quickly for your web content without technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Most Straight-Forward Way To Build Stunning Content In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a unique WordPress plugin that allows you to easily create stunning content pages using a true WYSIWYG click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides WordPress users with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of creating content on.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements on your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content builder to WordPress)
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above plugins and how these features work together to help you transform and improve your business online and create amazing marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
This plugin lets you easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Every element on your page can be configured using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once you have placed elements on the page, you can then easily edit or customize these without going through multiple steps or complicated settings screens …
You can also work inside stunning landing pages that can also be easily edited …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers warn that you’ll never look at the process of creating content the same way once you start using it
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin that we have written about on this site.
To read more about this plugin, go here:
Benefits Of Using Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Fast And Simple To Install And Implement. Ready To Use In No Time.
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Real-Time Content Content Editing
Thrive Content Builder is really simple and intuitive to use and lets you add content right inside your pages in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Create Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Design Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a visually exciting click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of design elements that you can customizable and use on your pages without using shortcodes, for e.g.: tabbed content, content reveal feature, dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak your content and then wait for your content to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple steps to get what you want done.
(Create, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, content toggle, table of contents builder, section dividers, credit card icons, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers a number of great features to site owners. Here are just some of those features:
- All Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in WordPress content editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, left-aligned paragraphs, font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of elements to your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Web Page Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, guarantee boxes, dividers, e.g. which will resize and display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you access to conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating stunning pages for your web site
- 100% conversion-optimized landing page templates
- No coding skills needed
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the available templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or customize anything on the page template …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you can do the following:
- Modify text in any button, bullet point, headline, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other part of the landing page
- Change all background images or colours
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Modify content area size
- Change the order of elements on the pages
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere inside any of the pages
- Start with a blank page and create your own page templates, or even build your own library of custom landing page templates.
(Change or edit anything on your page templates)
Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox Plugin
The Thrive plugin package includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your content pages …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your WordPress site with Thrive Lightbox)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from bottom to top, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback users have submitted regarding the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created using the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly on on your web site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are very well-supported, and users get unlimited software updates, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, full money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This license lets you configure the plugin on one web site only. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This enables you to use the plugin on unlimited websites that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on your web sites and on client domains. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and beautiful, pre-designed template sets that help speed up the content creation process, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the ability to edit everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For a demo video showing how the plugin works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Get This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your website and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: