WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that is now used to create all types of web sites.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover how to create stunning content with drag & drop ease in WordPress sites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The Default WordPress WYSIWYG Editor Meeting All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the WordPress visual content editor to build or edit sophisticated layouts can be challenging.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
Adding the above to a page would require inserting something like this into the default WordPress editor …
Typically, this is not an issue … until you choose to change your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button in a box from bright red to light green. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code or html.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to create complex content elements, often what you see in the WordPress visual editor may not be what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, users could even be better off working inside the WordPress text editor tab instead of the visual editor when trying to build something other than simple layouts …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it hard for non-technical users to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental challenge of using shortcodes and HTML to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the back end doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you need to translate mentally what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which can impact how fast you can create your content, as you wait for the content to reload.
Many WordPress web developers have come up with various solutions with the goal of making content editing more intuitive. Some of these range from stand alone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions end up combining so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these editors work, but they don’t really seem to address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can become very frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your content editor to function?
Now, visualize the following scenario …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs changing, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You simply drag and drop elements on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate shortcodes or HTML.
- You have an idea for some content you would like to create, so you immediately begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, with no delays, without switching tabs, and without waiting for edits to resave and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress web site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your page?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Create Stunning Content Faster With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag and drop content builder plugin.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review all of the above plugins and how these features work seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your business online and create amazing sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
Thrive Content Builder lets you easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be created with ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” ease …
Once elements have been positioned on a page, you can then easily customize them without going through multiple steps or switching screens …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you build beautiful landing pages and easily edit these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers warn that you will never look at creating content the same way once you start using it
Go here to learn more: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
To read more about this plugin, go here:
Here we have listed just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your website:
Ready To Go To Work In No Time
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every other plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Add & Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is really simple to use and lets you build content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the editor – fonts, elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Add Design Elements With No Short Codes Required: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing drag and drop content builder, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of professional design elements that you can use on your web pages without using shortcodes, such as flat design elements, styled lists, testimonials, credit card icons, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you edit content and then wait for your page to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Insert, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, content toggle, styled lists, section dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides WP users a number of unique features. Below we have listed just a few of these:
- All Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, justified text, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Element Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like columns, guarantee boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display great on all different kinds of devices.
- Add Animation To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you create animated images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating professional web pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No web coding skills required
- Works with any WordPress theme
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you beautiful pre-designed web page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize anything on the page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in any button, bullet point, headline, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of the landing page
- Change the background image or background color
- Change the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Edit the size of the content area
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add any type of custom content inside your pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own page templates, or even build a custom landing page templates library.
(Change or edit any aspect of your page template)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Website Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and events to your WordPress site …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your WordPress web site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can help increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can help increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using a range of animation effects (e.g. fade out, slide in from left to right, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Here are just a few of the testimonials plugin users have submitted for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly on on your web site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are really well-supported, and users get lifetime upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This lets you configure the plugin on 1 web site only. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This enables you to use the plugin on unlimited sites that you own. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Edition – Use on your sites & on client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for the Thrive Content Builder plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current price at the time this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software seller when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details here:
The Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and templates that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the freedom to edit everything on your web page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated options.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you’ll see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: