WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application to a tool that is now being used to design all types of web pages – landing pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is probably already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you learn how to create beautiful layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
The WordPress Visual Content Editor – Is There A Better Option To Create Content Layouts In WordPress?
With all the rapid improvements that WordPress has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers and users feel that using the built-in WordPress editor to create or edit more complex layouts can be challenging.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and images, but adding more complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons in your content would require typing something that looks like this in the WordPress editor …
Normally, this is not an issue … unless you want to change a fundamental aspect of your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the background colour inside box 2 from red to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, when creating with more complex page elements, what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you are going to get when your content gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, users could be better off working inside the html editor tab instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to add complex layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for WordPress site owners with no coding skills to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue with using shortcodes and HTML to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see when working in the editor does not look at all like what you see in the front end. This means that you have to translate mentally what your content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which then affects how quickly you can create your content, as you wait for your new content to refresh.
A number of WordPress developers have tried to come up with different solutions with the objective of making content editing more intuitive. These range from WordPress plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they still don’t address the fundamental issue of using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page builder to behave?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You see something in your content that needs to be corrected so you, simply click on the content and start typing. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You simply drag and drop elements on the page, and the page looks exactly as it will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize any code.
- You have an idea for an item of content you’d like to create, so you simply start typing, and your page gets built on the fly, with no delays, no switching tabs, and without having to wait for edits to resave and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress web site? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag & Drop Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is a revolutionary WordPress plugin that gives you total control over every aspect of your content layout using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and exciting way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress web site.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and an item menu that lets you select, then drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to WordPress)
The Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We’ll cover all of the above plugins and how all of this functionality works together to help you easily transform and improve your website and create awesome marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
You can easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your page can be built using simple ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been added to a page, you can then easily customize or edit them without having to go through multiple steps or switching tabs …
The built-in functionality of the plugin also lets you build beautiful landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so effortlessly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another terrific plugin for WordPress that we have written about on this site.
For more information about using this plugin, see this page:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your web site:
Very Easy To Install
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugin folder via your administrator account and activate.
Edit And Build Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the content editor – typefaces, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Add Attractive Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a visually exciting click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of customizable design elements that you can insert into your layouts without using shortcodes, like flat design elements, feature grids, buttons, responsive videos, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for your new content to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Easily add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonial boxes, tabbed content, star ratings for review pages, dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder provides WP users a number of features. Below we have listed just some of these:
- Built-In WordPress Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, paragraph centering, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animation in images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Templates
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you access to conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building and customizing landing pages
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with any theme
Thrive Content and Page Builder not only lets you create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates planned for future release. In addition to the templates that are currently available, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and edit any aspect of the page templates …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you can:
- Change text in all headlines, buttons, bullet points, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Replace all background images and edit colours
- Change the color of text, links, buttons, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Modify content area size
- Change the order of elements on your page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add any type of custom content in the pages
- Start with a blank web page and create your own templates, or even build your own custom landing pages library.
(Change and edit any aspect of your page)
Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive plugin package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and animated objects to your web pages …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using various effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from bottom to top, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Here are just a few of the testimonials and comments that customers have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin installed.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive products are very well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This allows you to run the plugin on one site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This enables you to use the plugin on unlimited domains that you personally own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on your domains & on client websites. Price includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing shown above was current when this content was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized template sets that help speed up content design, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over your design process and the ability to change anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to work unhindered by overly complicated steps.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive website.
Install This Plugin …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you can see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you need to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: