WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging tool into a tool being used to design all types of pages – direct sales pages, product showcase pages, local business pages, etc.
Whatever you can imagine, someone is probably already building it using WordPress!
In this article you will discover the fastest way to build stunning layouts in WordPress websites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Is The WordPress Visual Editor Meeting All Of Your Web Design Needs?
Using the WordPress editor to create or edit sophisticated web pages can be challenging.
(The WordPress editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the content shown below …
To add the above page elements to a page would require inserting something like this into the WordPress content editor …
Generally, this is not an issue … unless you have to reconfigure your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button in a box from red to orange. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, when creating with more complex layouts, often what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you are going to get when your content is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, you would probably be better off working with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to create something other than simple layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it difficult for users without coding skills to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem of using HTML and shortcodes to create content with WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see when working in the content editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that you need to abstract what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking several steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which then affects how fast you can create your content, as you wait for the updated content to refresh.
A number of WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions to try and make the visual editor easier. These solutions range from stand alone plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many complex page-building features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative editors work, but they don’t address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web content to look “just right” quickly, this can become really frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your web content?
Now, visualize the following scenario …
- You spot something in the content that needs correction so you, just click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly edited.
- You just drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you would like to add, so you simply start typing, and you build your page as you go, without delays, without switching of tab browsers, and without having to wait for web pages to refresh and reload.
Would this not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress web site? A true WYSIWYG content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the page?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content And Page Builder – Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content Creation Plugin For WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive click-to-edit drag and drop content builder plugin for WordPress.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides WordPress users with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress web site.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above and how these features work seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin For WordPress
With Thrive Content Builder easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be created with ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” ease …
Once elements have been added to your page, you can then easily edit them without having to go through multiple steps or opening more configuration windows …
You can also build highly attractive landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look at creating content the same way once you start using it
To learn more about this plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another fantastic plugin for WordPress that we have recommended on this site.
To read about the plugin, see this post:
Below are just some of the many benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Installation Is Easy, Simple And Quick
Thrive Content Builder installs just like every plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress administrator account and activate.
Add & Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is simple to use and lets you create and add content right inside your web pages in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back end” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Some additional benefits of using this plugin include the following:
- Eye-Catching Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Add Customizable Elements Without Shortcodes: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a very decent collection of professional design elements that you can add to your pages without using shortcodes, for e.g.: pricing tables, text boxes, section dividers, responsive videos, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to constantly switch tabs as you tweak your content and then wait for pages to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Easily add, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, content toggle, star ratings for review pages, dividers, HTML code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers a number of unique features to website owners. Below we have listed just some of these features:
- Regular Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph centering, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive columns, text boxes, section dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you insert animation in images, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you access to conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money creating pages for your web site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No coding skills required
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customizable Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize anything on your page …
The landing page templates included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Change text in any headline, button, bullet point, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Replace any background images and edit colours
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Select your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Edit content area size
- Rearrange the order of elements on your pages
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content in the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change and customize any element of your page)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and events to your pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animation to your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Capture more leads and subscribers with a two-step opt-in process)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from bottom to top, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Below are a couple of the testimonials and comments that customers have written about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
”You guys are simply awesome I am loving everything you are doing at the moment. Keep up the great work you really are making such a big difference in this field. Jule Fuller”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder – Useful Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created using the plugin.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get lifetime upgrades, plus one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License Edition – This license option lets you activate the plugin on one site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This lets you use the plugin on all of your personal sites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on all your sites and on all your client websites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Pricing for Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product is selling for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and beautiful, pre-designed templates that help to speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the ability to change everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that allows you to see how the content you are working on will look after being published.
For a demo video showing how the software works, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
We Highly Recommend This …
If you want to edit something, just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, just drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no overly complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create awesome sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: