WordPress has evolved from being just a simple blogging application into a tool that is now being used to create all kinds of websites.
Whatever you can imagine, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will learn how to create stunning content with drag & drop ease in WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The WordPress Content Editor Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
Using the built-in WordPress visual content editor to build or edit sophisticated web site pages can sometimes be quite challenging.
(The default WordPress content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding more complex layouts can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above in your content would require inserting something like this inside your WordPress visual editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you need to change the layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from bright red to blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the content editor.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to create complex content elements, often what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you are getting when your content gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, some people argue that users would probably be better off working directly inside the WordPress html (text) editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to build non-linear layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for WordPress users with no knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental challenge about having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized as follows:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see when working in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users need to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for your content to reload.
Many WordPress developers have tried to come up with different solutions with the goal of making content editing easier. These solutions range from standalone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex layouts easier!)
Some solutions combine so many complex page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they still fail to address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating and adding non-linear content on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can start to become very frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now that you’ve asked this question, visualize the following …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be fixed, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You can just drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for an item of content that you would like to create, so you simply start typing, and you build your page on the fly, without delays, no switching tabs, and no waiting for new web pages to republish and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your WordPress web site? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – Create Stunning Content Faster And Beautiful Page Layouts With Drag & Drop Ease In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a unique plugin for WordPress that lets you quickly add beautiful content to your posts and pages with a true WYSIWYG click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of creating content on.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual editor to WordPress)
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
In this article we’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above and how these powerful features work together to help you transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder – WordPress Plugin
With the Thrive Content Builder plugin, you can easily add content to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be built, edited and repositioned by dragging and dropping things around the page and then clicking to edit them …
Once you have positioned elements on your page, you can then continue to customize or edit these without having to go through additional steps or complicated configuration screens …
You can also create stunning landing pages that can also be easily edited …
Thrive Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers guarantee that you’ll never look at the process of creating content the same way once you start using it
Go here to learn more: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another amazing plugin we’ve reviewed on this site.
For more information about using the plugin, go here:
Below we have listed just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Easy To Install And Set Up. Ready To Use In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder is quite easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your WP admin account and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is really simple and intuitive to use and lets you create and add content right inside your pages in real-time.
A Truly Visual Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Eye-Catching Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an amazing drag and drop WordPress content builder, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of functional and eye-catching design elements that you can customizable and add to your web pages without using short codes, such as flat design elements, borderless content, buttons, HTML code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to wait for your content to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the content your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Easily insert, edit and customize page elements like testimonial boxes, tabbed content, content reveal feature, buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users a number of unique features. Below we have listed just some:
- All Content Editor Functionality Is Preserved: You have access to all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underline, paragraph centering, font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” table of elements available on your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Responsive Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will display great on different screens.
- Add Animation To Web Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you add animated page content, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you access to conversion-optimized web page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building and customizing pages for your web site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No tech skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over 30 templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the templates that are currently available, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Fully Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Normally, in order to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and customize any element of your page …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you can do the following:
- Edit text in all bullet points, headlines, buttons, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Change the background image or background colour
- Edit the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Change the size of the content area
- Change the order of elements on the page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content in any of the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change and edit any aspect of your page template)
Thrive Lightbox Plugin – Transform Your Website Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully configurable two-step opt-in forms and events to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and events to your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process helps increase your conversion rates. When visitors click on an image or button they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Below are just some testimonials and feedback that users have written about Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
“I’m blown away by the plugin. Keep up the incredible, WordPress changing work, guys! Dean Phillips”
Thrive Content Builder – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages Plugin comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is well-supported, and users get lifetime upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, 100% refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License Edition – This enables you to install the plugin on a single web site. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This lets you use the plugin on all of your personal domains. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on all your web sites & on client sites. Pricing includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The price of Thrive Content Builder can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
The Thrive Content and Page Builder plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made web page elements and templates that help make designing your pages faster, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over your design process and the ability to edit everything on your page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which allows you to get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
Get The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, all you have to do is drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your site and create amazing sales pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more details, check out the plugin here: