Being able to track and monitor the behavior of visitors on your site is most important to your online success.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, then how can you know what needs to be improved?
People have been searching for useful ways to track and understand visitor behavior since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful analytical software like Google Analytics which can deliver very rich key information.
Tracking user behaviour is very important for a successful business, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been proven over and over that past consumer behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. Better, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
While the ability to monitor valuable reports such as how many visitors are checking out your site, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it also be great to track exactly what users are reading, where on your pages they are navigating around in, what links they are clicking on, what areas of the page they are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps are used to review areas in a web site page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress website or blog, then you can easily add heat map tracking with recorded session replays to your collection of essential online analysis tools with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software application that works with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually records your site users’ movements and generates live heat maps showing exactly where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your web pages.
The HeatMapTracker application enables you to see your site from your visitor’s point of view.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users are interacting with your content, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your users from fully engaging with your site, like confusing site navigation elements, or distracting banner ads. As a site owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you what links on a web page users are clicking, a heat map will show you any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on an image which they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly edit this by linking the image to the destination your visitors are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test the design of your website, assess how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to monitor visitor behavior on your site:
See Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
HeatMapTracker records every visitor movement on your site, allowing you to monitor all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no restrictions on visitor recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the script, after which you are then entitled to receive free updates and all future enhancements.
Some additional software benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By seeing how visitors use your site, you can identify challenges that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- Stop Guessing About User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions allow you to understand precisely what is happening on your website. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a particular section, how fast they travel down your pages and more! No more guessing or hoping … just real intel of what goes on when people land on your web pages.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase visitor interaction with your business, which improves online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll discuss several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker offers many unique features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your content visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your product pages your visitors scroll down to as an indicator of how long your site or content can retain their attention. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze each and every user action to help you see how visitors interact with your website or certain pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can spy on visitors on your web pages for one day, one week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on the content that visitors are more interested in. You can also view regional demographics of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The table below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have submitted regarding the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where users are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that they lead to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, navigation, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- conduct “above the fold” experimentation to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a content section needs to be added, edited, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital marketing services.
- Analyze whether users prefer to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage with your site.
- Investigate suspected site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products authored by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for providing great product quality and product support. The members area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in three different editions:
- Basic License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase HeatMapTracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide good information on things such as how many people are landing on your pages, how they found it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to really gain deep knowledge into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be extremely useful.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you need real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to make more sales of your products or services.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker