Being able to track, monitor and understand visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your website, then how will you get better online results?
Business owners have been searching for smart tools to track and understand user behavior since web sites were first invented. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your web page, to sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications which track and display comprehensively detailed key measurements.
Understanding visitor behaviour is very important for the success of your digital marketing strategy, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that previous user behaviour is the best predictor of future behavior. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than demographics.
While being able to track valuable reports such as how many unique web users are checking out your web site, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring sites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be great to track exactly what users are reading, where on your site they are navigating through, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what areas of your content they are mostly intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heat maps can be used to help locate areas of a website page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and recorded session replays to your business tool box with a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software tool that is compatible with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that lets you record your web site visitors’ movements and creates live heatmaps that show where users click and where they are scrolling on your site content.
The HeatMapTracker software also lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
Learn more about the script here: HeatMap Tracker
The more information you have about how your visitors engage with your website, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific barriers that are preventing your visitors from fully engaging with your site, such as unclear site navigation elements, or disruptive adverts. As a site owner, you can guide your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on a web page are being clicked, a heat map will display any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can easily change this by adding a link to the image, or let your visitors know that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heat maps can be one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behavior on your site:
Observe Everything Visitors Do On Your Website
HeatMapTracker captures every user browsing movement on your website, enabling you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script is hosted on your server, giving you no limits on session recording and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to own the script, which then entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and all future enhancements for life.
Additional benefits of the application include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can identify obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and correct these.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ sessions show you exactly what is taking place on your website. Click overlays let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific area, how far and quickly they navigate down your content and more! No more guesses or hoping … just accurate information of what happens when users land on your web pages.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you increase user interaction with your site, which improves your sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll discuss several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker provides many great features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors look at and see how far down the page your visitors scroll as a benchmark of how long your site can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze every single user experience to help you understand how they interact with your website or specific pages on the site.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record users on your website for a few days, a week or two, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily see which pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that users care about. You can also see regional demographic data of all visitors and discover where they are coming from.
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials plugin customers have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where users aren’t clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that these link to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Perform “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any new content could be included, redesigned, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Compare whether visitors prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Confirm suspected website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and product support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 different versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Installs on 1 site. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Installs on up to ten sites. Price = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web agencies. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Price details for Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current price at the time this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software author when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with good metrics on things such as how many people are visiting your site, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to really gain deep knowledge into how your web site and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider purchasing a copy of HeatMap Tracker if you want live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your user-experience, visitor engagement and for generating more web sales.
For more details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker