The ability to understand the behavior of visitors on your website is most important to the success of your digital presence.
The business adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your web pages, how will you improve your results?
Business owners have been searching for useful methods to track and understand what users are doing in their internet sites since websites first appeared. From basic tracking counters, to very sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics and other applications which can deliver incredibly detailed key measurements.
Analyzing visitor behavior is vitally important for the success of your digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been proven over and over that past user behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than user demographics.
Although the ability to see key information such as how many web users are coming to your website, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, what terms are being searched for, page views, referring websites, etc …, is highly useful, wouldn’t it be great to know exactly what users are doing, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of the site they are reading, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps can be used to pinpoint areas in a website page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking and session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that is compatible with WordPress and that visually tracks your web site users’ movements and creates instant heatmaps that show where users are clicking and where they scroll on your site content.
HeatMapTracker software lets you track every action your users make.
More info: HeatMap Tracker
The more accurate data you have about how your users are interacting with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that prevent your visitors from fully benefiting from your website, like confusing navigation layouts, or disruptive design elements. As the website owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you what links on a page users are clicking, a heatmap will also display any clicks that users make on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heat map report helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you can easily change this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your readers that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the most useful ways to test the design of your website, assess how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using HeatMapTracker to track user behaviour on your website:
See Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
HeatMap Tracker creates a playback video of every user browsing movement on your site, allowing you to view all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no-limit recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to own the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited application updates and added features for life.
Some additional script benefits include:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By seeing how visitors navigate your website, you can identify obstacles preventing users from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions allow you to observe exactly what is happening on your web pages. Overlays let you know exactly which buttons and links users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a specific area, how far they navigate down your content and more! No more guessing or hoping … just factual metrics of what takes place when people move around your web pages.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve user interaction with your business, which creates better online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll discuss a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and see how far down your sales pages your visitors scroll as a benchmark of how long your website and/or sales copy can engage them for. Heat Map Tracker lets you analyze every single visitor experience to help you understand how users interact with your site or certain pages on the web site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record visitors on your pages for a few days, a week or two, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily view the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your users are more interested in. You can also review regional location data of your visitors and see where they are visiting from.
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials customers have written about the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these may be linking to another destination?
- Get practical data on how to optimize your landing pages, signup forms, sales funnel, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get practical information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- conduct “above the fold” testing to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section should be inserted, edited, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Compare if visitors tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Troubleshoot suspected site security threats or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and product support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in 3 different editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on one site. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software author when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide useful metrics on things such as the number of people arriving on your site, how they found it and what they are doing whilst visiting your site. However, to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software application can be a great way to do so.
We suggest getting a license of HeatMap Tracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more sales.
To learn more, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Software