The ability to track and monitor the behavior of visitors and users on your site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your site, how will you get better results online?
People have looked for ways to track and analyze user behaviour since websites were first invented. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics which can record incredibly fine key information.
Understanding user behaviour is vitally important for a successful digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous consumer behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than knowing demographics.
While the ability to track key metrics like the number of unique web visitors are landing on your website, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, unique page views, referring pages, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it also be excellent to be able to view exactly what visitors are reading, where they are staying the longest for, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of the content visitors are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps can be used to locate areas of a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress website, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with session replays to your collection of essential business analysis tools using a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress and that lets you visually record your website visitors’ every movement and generates live heatmaps showing where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site content.
The HeatMapTracker software also enables you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
For more details, visit the script site here: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your users are engaging with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact issues that are preventing your site visitors from fully accessing your website, such as unclear navigation layouts, or disruptive design elements. As the site owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as signing up to a newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you what links on a page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will reveal any clicks that users make on your page, whether they are links or not. This is an important difference because if a heat map report reveals that readers are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you could quickly edit this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or let your visitors know that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best ways to test your site design, see how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behaviour on your web site:
Record Everything Users Are Doing On Your Site
HeatMap Tracker lets you record every browsing movement on your site, enabling you to capture all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The application is hosted on your server, giving you no limits on session recording and pageviews.
Unlimited Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to own the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive lifetime upgrades and enhancements.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve Your Marketing: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can discover problems preventing visitors from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video playbacks of your users’ sessions allow you to know exactly what happens on your site. Screen overlays let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay in a specific area, how quickly they scroll down your pages and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just real information of what takes place when visitors explore your web site.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve user interaction with your site, which increases your sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we present some of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker offers many features for website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors spend more time on and observe how far down your sales or product pages your visitors read down to as an average of the length of time your sales message can keep them interested. The software lets you review and analyze each and every visitor action to help you learn how visitors interact with your site or some pages on the website.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on visitor sessions on your website for one day, 1 week, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily see which pages your visitors are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users are more interested in. You can also see regional demographics of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials plugin users have submitted for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what works (i.e. where people are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that they are links to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- conduct “above the fold” testing to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any new content needs to be inserted, modified, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Compare if users tend to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact with your website.
- Troubleshoot suspected site security and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for providing exceptional products and customer support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 separate versions:
- Basic License – Use on one site. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Current pricing for the Heat Map Tracker software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing set by the software developer when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can provide you with very useful metrics on things such as the number of people landing on your website, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst visiting your web pages. However, to truly gain deeper insights into how your web site and your content is helping your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics software application can be a very practical way to do this.
We recommend that you consider getting a license of HeatMapTracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and for generating more web sales.
For more details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin