The ability to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true in the digital economy as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, then how can you improve your results online?
Website users have been searching for useful methods to track and analyze what users are doing on their internet sites since web sites were first invented. From basic tracking counters, to very powerful analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that record incredibly detailed data.
Knowing visitor behaviour is very important for the success of your marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but testing also confirms that previous user behavior is the best indicator of future behaviour. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
While the ability to track valuable data like the number of unique web users are coming to your web site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring sites, etc …, is vitally important, wouldn’t it be great to know precisely what visitors are doing, where they are navigating through, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of your content they are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Web heatmaps have been used to locate areas of a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress web site, then you can easily add heat map tracking and video session replays to your collection of key business analysis tools using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your web site users’ complete session and generates live heat maps that show exactly where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your pages.
The HeatMapTracker application lets you record every action your visitors make.
For more details, visit the script site here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers interact with your web site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific challenges that have been preventing your users from fully engaging with your website, such as unclear navigation elements, or distracting ads. As the website owner, you can guide your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of what links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can show you any clicks that visitors make on your page, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on a graphic element which they think is a link, but happens to not be a link, you can quickly remedy this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your visitors that the image is not linked.
In short, heat maps can be one of the most useful methods to test your site design, assess how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your website:
Observe Everything Users Do On Your Web Pages
HeatMapTracker creates a screen video of every visitor session on your web site, enabling you to view all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The script is hosted on your server, giving you unrestricted recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker script, which then entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and future enhancements.
Some additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker software include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your web site, you can discover problem areas that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing About User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions allow you to observe exactly what is happening on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse in a specific location, how fast they navigate down your content and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just real information of what happens when users visit your site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase user engagement with your business, which increases your sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll discuss a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time view and see how far down your page your visitors scroll as a benchmark of how long your site or content can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze each and every user experience to see how they interact with your website or specific pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and session playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can measure visitor sessions on your site for 1 day, a couple of weeks, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily view which pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that visitors care about. You can also analyze regional demographics of all visitors and see which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin users have published about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that these may link to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on how to optimize your landing pages, signup forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get practical data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section needs to be inserted, modified, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Test whether users tend to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Diagnose potential site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing exceptional products and product support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in three versions:
- Basic License – Installs on one site. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Installs on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: Pricing for Heat Map Tracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price here:
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide great information on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics tool can be a great way to do this.
We suggest purchasing a copy of HeatMapTracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, engagement and for generating more sales.
For more details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracker