Being able to track and monitor the behavior of visitors on your website or blog is very important to your online success.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as always. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your site, how would you get better results online?
Businesses have looked for useful tools to track and analyze visitor behaviour since web sites were first invented. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your web site, to very sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics which capture detailed key metrics.
Knowing user behaviour is very important for the success of your website, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but it’s also been shown that previous visitor behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour. It’s an even more more reliable predictor in fact, than demographics.
While being able to analyze key information such as the number of web users are checking out your web site, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your website for, keyword searches, page views, referring pages, and so on, is vitally important, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to track exactly what users are reading, where they are staying the longest for, which links they are clicking on, which parts of your content they are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Website heatmaps are used for displaying areas of a web site page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with recorded session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software script that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that visually records your site users’ entire journey and creates instant heat maps showing exactly where users click and where they scroll on your web site.
HeatMapTracker application lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
Go here to learn more about this analytics tool: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more accurately you know how your readers are interacting with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully benefiting from your site, like unclear navigation layouts, or distracting design elements. As the site owner, you can guide your users to complete certain actions, such as joining a newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on your web page visitors are clicking, a heat map will also reveal any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that readers are clicking on an image that they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you could easily edit this by adding a link to the image, or let your users know that the image is just a graphic.
In short, heat maps can be one of the best ways to test the design of your site, see how readable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behaviour on your web site:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker lets you record every user browsing movement on your site, enabling you to record all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The application is self-hosted, giving you no restrictions on recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to own the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and new features for life.
Some additional benefits of the software include:
- Improve Your Marketing: By seeing how visitors experience your website, you can uncover problems that prevent users from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions let you see exactly what happens on your web site. Screen overlays let you know exactly which elements users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay on a particular spot, how far they travel down your content and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just pure evidence of what happens when people visit your web pages.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase user engagement with your site, which increases your online sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we present a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and measure how far down the page your visitors scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your web copy can engage them for. The software lets you review and analyze each and every visitor experience to help you see how they interact with your site or certain pages on the site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can record visitors on your website for a day, a couple of weeks, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your visitors care about. You can also monitor regional demographic data of your visitors and discover where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where people are not going to). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they are links to another section?
- Get insights on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get actionable information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Conducting “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a content section could be added, changed, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Analyze if visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your website.
- Diagnose suspected website security threats and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a highly respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing great product quality and product support. The product download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 separate editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for 1 website. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heat maps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on as many sites as you like, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Price details for Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was current at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide you with very useful metrics on things such as the number of people finding your site, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst visiting your site. However, to truly gain an insight into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We suggest getting a license of HeatMapTracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to make more sales.
For more information, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker