The ability to understand the behavior of visitors and users on your web site is absolutely important to your online success.
The business management adage ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web site, how can you know what areas need improving?
Business owners have looked for accurate methods to track and understand what visitors are up to in their sites since websites were first developed. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that provide very granular data.
Learning about visitor behaviour is important for the success of your digital marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but research also proves that previous user behavior is the best indicator of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
While being able to understand valuable data such as how many web users are exploring your web site, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your website for, what terms people are searching for, page views, referring websites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to track exactly what users are reading, where on your site they are navigating through, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the content visitors are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps are used to help locate areas of a web page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking with recorded session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your site visitors’ every movement and creates instant heat maps showing where users are clicking and where they are scrolling on your site.
HeatMapTracker software enables you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
Learn more here: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your visitors are engaging with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your users from fully benefiting from your website, like confusing site navigation elements, or distracting ads. As a website owner, you can help your readers to complete certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or clicking on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you what links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap can show you any clicks that visitors make on your site, whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map report helps you discover that visitors are clicking on an image that they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a link, you can quickly remedy this by linking the image to the destination your users are trying to get to, or make it perfectly clear to your readers that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heatmaps can be one of the best methods to test the design of your site, see how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to track visitor behavior on your site:
See Everything Users Do On Your Website
The script lets you record every user browsing session on your website, allowing you to monitor all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The script is self-hosted, giving you no limits on recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the HeatMapTracker software, which then entitles you to receive unlimited script updates and enhancements for free.
Additional benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors navigate your web pages, you can spot problems preventing users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- Stop Guessing About User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your users’ sessions reveal exactly what happens on your site. Overlays let you know exactly which elements users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse on a specific location, how far and quickly they scroll down your site and more! No more guessing or hoping … just pure intel of what goes on when people visit your web site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker lets you increase visitor engagement with your business, which increases your online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll present some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Ready to go in minutes.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors look at and observe how far down your page your users read down to as an average of how long your content can keep them engaged. The software lets you analyze each and every visitor experience to see how visitors are interacting with your website or specific pages on the web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and browser session playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can record visitor sessions on your pages for a few days, a week or two, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily view the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your readers care about. You can also monitor regional location data of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin customers have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Understand what works (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that they lead to somewhere else?
- Get actionable information on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” tests to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page could be added, edited, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for online marketing services.
- Analyze if visitors tend to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact with your web site.
- Review suspected site security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and support. The members area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in 3 different versions:
- Basic License – Licensed for 1 domain. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to ten websites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on as many sites as you need, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Current pricing for the HeatMap Tracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price when this content was written. This may not be the actual pricing set by the software developer when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can provide you with good metrics on things such as the number of people coming to your site, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an insight into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics tool can be extremely practical.
We recommend that you consider getting a copy of HeatMap Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, engagement and for increasing sales of your products or services.
For more details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracking Plugin