The ability to understand visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old business saying ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, how can you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have been looking for accurate methods to track and understand what is happening since web sites first appeared. From basic counters that track visitors, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics that can provide an incredible level of data.
Analyzing user behaviour is vitally important for a successful online business marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been shown that past consumer behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
While being able to understand valuable metrics like how many unique visitors are checking out your website, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which keywords people are searching for, unique page views, referring sites, and so on, is vitally useful, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your pages they are navigating through, which links they are clicking on, what areas of the page they are mostly intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps can be used for displaying areas in a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress-powered website, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other web applications) and that visually tracks your site users’ movements and generates instant heatmaps that show where they click and where they scroll on your web site.
The HeatMapTracker software lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
For more details, visit the software site here: HeatMapTracker
The more you know how your users engage with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact issues that are preventing your prospects from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or disruptive ads. As the website owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or clicking on specific links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on your page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will display any clicks that users make on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heat map report helps you discover that readers are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can easily change this by linking the image to the destination your readers are trying to get to, or make it absolutely clear to your visitors that the image is not a link.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best ways to test your site design, see how readable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your website:
Observe Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
The software records every visitor session on your site, allowing you to capture all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unlimited recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to purchase the application, which entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and added features for free.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors navigate your website, you can identify problem areas preventing visitors from taking desired actions and improve user engagement.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions reveal precisely what happens on your site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay in a specific spot, how far they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just factual data of what happens when users explore your website.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your site, which increases online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we go over some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your content visitors spend more time reading and monitor how far down your product pages your users scroll down to as a measure of the length of time your website and/or sales copy can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you study every single user session to help you learn how visitors are interacting with your website or certain pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure user sessions on your web pages for a day, a few weeks, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly view which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that users are more interested in. You can also monitor regional demographic data of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials and comments users have provided for the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where users are not clicking). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these lead to another area of your site?
- Get practical data on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Performing “above the fold” testing to improve your website’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a page element could be included, reworked, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Analyze whether users prefer to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact within your web site.
- Diagnose confirmed website security exploits and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great product quality and support. The product download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten domains. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for web service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Price details for HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can give you some useful data on things such as the number of people coming to your site, how they found it and what they are doing whilst visiting your web site. However, to really gain deeper insights into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend purchasing a copy of HeatMapTracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to generate more web sales.
For more information, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker