The ability to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web site, then how will you improve your results online?
Business owners have looked for ways to track and understand what visitors are up to in their web sites since web sites first appeared. From simple counters that track visitor numbers, to very powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which track an exceptional level of key information.
Learning about user behavior is very important for a successful digital marketing strategy, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been shown that previous user behavior is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than demographics.
Although the ability to track key details such as the number of unique web visitors are visiting your web site, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your website for, which keywords are being searched for, page views, referring pages, and so on, is highly important, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to know precisely what users are doing, where on your pages they are staying the longest for, which links they are clicking on, which parts of the site visitors are browsing, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to pinpoint areas in a web page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with video session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that works with WordPress and that visually records your site users’ complete session and generates instant heatmaps showing precisely where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your website.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool also enables you to look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
More info: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more accurate data you have about how your users engage with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact issues that have been preventing your visitors from fully accessing your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or distracting ads. As a website owner, you can encourage your visitors to perform certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on your page visitors are clicking, a heat map can show you any clicks that visitors are making on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap report helps you discover that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you can easily remedy this by linking the image to the destination your users are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is not linked.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best ways to test the design of your site, see how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behavior on your website:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
Heat Map Tracker captures every visitor session on your website, enabling you to see all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control Without Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you unrestricted user recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to buy the HeatMapTracker application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and future enhancements.
Additional software benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your web pages, you can spot obstacles that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and reach your site benchmarks.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ sessions allow you to know precisely what happens on your web site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they stay in a specific area, how quickly they scroll down your pages and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just real metrics of what goes on when people navigate around your site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you increase user interaction with your site, which improves your online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we present a number of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
Heat Map Tracker provides many great features for site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your page your users scroll down to as a benchmark of how long your web copy can keep them interested. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze each and every visitor session to help you learn how visitors interact with your site or particular pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor recording and visitor session playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMap Tracker you can record user sessions on your website for a day, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded visitor sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly view the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on the content that your visitors are more interested in. You can also see regional demographics of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t going to). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be links to somewhere else?
- Get actionable data on how to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page needs to be inserted, rearranged, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Analyze whether visitors tend to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your website.
- Review suspected site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust products and customer support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten domains. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital service providers. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current price when this content was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide you with useful data on things such as how many people are arriving on your pages, how they find it and what they are doing whilst visiting your site. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heatmap analytics tool can be extremely practical.
We recommend that you consider purchasing a copy of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, engagement and for generating more online sales.
For complete details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracking Plugin