The ability to track and see visitor behavior is extremely important to your online success.
The old adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as always. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your site, then how can you improve your results online?
People have been searching for smart tools to track and analyze what users are doing in their websites since websites first appeared. From basic tracking counters, to very powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics that provide incredibly detailed key metrics.
Understanding user behavior is vitally important for the success of your website, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous visitor behavior is the best way to predict future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
While the ability to view valuable metrics such as how many web users are checking out your site, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your website for, what keywords are being searched for, average page views, referring web sites, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to know exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what areas of your page visitors are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Website heatmaps are used to analyze areas of a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress (and other website programs) and that visually records your website visitors’ movements and creates instant heat maps that show where users are clicking and where they are scrolling on your site.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool enables you to track every action your visitors make.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more accurate data you have about how your readers engage with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your site visitors from fully accessing your site, such as unclear site navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As the site owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as join your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will show you any clicks that users make on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can easily edit this by adding a link to the image, or let your visitors know that the image is just a design element.
In short, heatmaps can be one of the best methods to test the design of your website, assess how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to track user behavior on your web site:
Observe Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
HeatMap Tracker creates a screen video of every visitor session on your website, enabling you to observe all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script is hosted on your own server, giving you unrestricted session recording and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and new features for life.
Additional application benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your website, you can discover issues that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behaviour: The video playbacks of your users’ browser sessions reveal precisely what is happening on your web site. Heatmaps let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay in a particular spot, how fast they travel down your content and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just pure data of what takes place when people visit your web pages.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase user interaction with your business, which improves online sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we’ll present several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker provides many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors look at and monitor how far down your page your users scroll down to as a measure of the length of time your site or content can keep them interested. Heat Map Tracker lets you study each and every visitor session to help you learn how visitors are interacting with your site or specific pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your pages for a few days, one week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily view which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on improving content that your visitors are more interested in. You can also access regional demographics of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback users have published about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where users are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where users aren’t clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these lead to another area of your site?
- Get ideas on ways to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Perform “above the fold” experiments to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section could be inserted, redesigned, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Analyze whether visitors prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact with your web site.
- Confirm confirmed site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great product quality and customer support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 versions:
- Basic License – Use on 1 website. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the software on as many sites as you need, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Price details for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price when this article was published. This may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing:
Additional Software Info
For a video of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide great information on things such as the number of people arriving on your site, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain an insight into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heat map analytics software application can be a very practical way to do this.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMapTracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, engagement and to make more sales.
To learn more, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracking Software