The ability to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have looked for accurate tools to track and understand what users are up to on their internet sites since websites first appeared. From basic counters that track how many people have viewed your site, to very sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics that can record incredibly detailed data.
Tracking visitor behavior is important for the success of your online business strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but research also shows that past visitor behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to view statistical reports like the number of web users are exploring your website, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, which terms are being searched for, average page views, referring web sites, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to know exactly what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are staying the longest time on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of the content they are pausing on, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps are used to review areas on a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and video session replays to your collection of key web site analysis tools with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress and that lets you visually record your web site visitors’ complete session and creates live heat maps showing where users are clicking and where they scroll on your pages.
The HeatMapTracker software also lets you record every action your users make.
Learn more here: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users engage with your website, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that are preventing your site visitors from fully accessing your site, like confusing navigation elements, or distracting design elements. As the website owner, you can encourage your readers to complete certain actions, such as sign up to a newsletter or clicking on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on a web page are being clicked, a heat map will display any clicks that visitors are making on your page, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap analysis reveals that visitors are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but is actually not a link, you can quickly fix this by adding a link to the image, or make it crystal clear to your users that the image is not linked.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best ways to test the design of your site, see how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
Record Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Site
The software captures every user browsing session on your website, allowing you to monitor all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no limits on recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to own the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive free updates and enhancements.
Some additional script benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your site, you can discover challenges preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve visitor engagement.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions reveal exactly what happens on your web pages. Overlays let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they browse on a particular section, how fast they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just factual information of what takes place when users come to your site.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which improves sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we’ll discuss some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your sales copy visitors eyes are drawn to and measure how far down your page your visitors read down to as a measure of the length of time your content can engage them for. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze each and every visitor session to help you learn how they are interacting with your website or certain pages on the site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and browser session playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your pages for a few days, a couple of weeks, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that visitors care about. You can also see regional demographics of your visitors and discover where they are coming from.
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials and comments that plugin users have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they may be linking to another destination?
- Get practical information on how to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a page element needs to be inserted, redesigned, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Analyze if users prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Diagnose confirmed site security or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great products and customer support. The member download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to use on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web development agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Price details for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was correct at the time this content was written. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can give you some very useful information on things such as how many people are landing on your pages, how they find it and what they are doing whilst on your site. However, to truly gain an insight into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics application can be a very practical way to do so.
We recommend purchasing a copy of HeatMap Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more web sales.
For more information, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracking Software