Being able to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your web site, then how will you know what areas need improving?
Website users have looked for ways to track and analyze what visitors are doing on their web sites since web sites were first developed. From basic tracking counters, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics that capture an incredible level of key metrics.
Knowing visitor behavior is very important for a successful digital business, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been proven over and over that past user behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than demographics.
Although being able to view valuable information such as how many web visitors are exploring your site, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, keyword searches, average page views, referring websites, etc …, is highly useful, wouldn’t it also be useful to be able to know precisely what users are reading, where on your site they are navigating through, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of the page visitors are mostly intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this possible. Web heatmaps can be used to locate areas of a web site page most frequently scanned by web visitors. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress website or blog, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with video session replays to your collection of essential website analysis tools using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other web programs) and that visually tracks your site visitors’ every movement and generates live heatmaps showing where users click and where they are scrolling throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker software also lets you look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
For more details, visit the script site here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more accurately you know how your visitors are interacting with your web pages, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your users from fully benefiting from your website, like unclear site navigation elements, or distracting design elements. As a website owner, you can encourage your users to complete certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on a web page are being clicked, a heatmap can also show you any clicks that visitors make on your site, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on a graphic element which they think is a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly change this by linking the image to the destination your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is not linked.
In short, heatmaps are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, measure how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to monitor visitor behavior on your site:
See Everything Users Do On Your Site
HeatMapTracker creates a screen video of every visitor movement on your web site, allowing you to see all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The software is hosted on your own server, giving you unrestricted session recording and pageviews.
Lifetime Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and enhancements for free.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your website, you can identify problem areas preventing visitors from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions show you precisely what is taking place on your site. Overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover on a specific spot, how far they travel down your pages and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just factual intel of what takes place when people visit your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your business, which increases your online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors eyes are drawn to and measure how far down your sales or product pages your visitors read down to as a benchmark of the length of time your sales message can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you study every single user action to see how they are interacting with your website or some pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and user session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can capture user sessions on your pages for a few days, a week or two, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily see the top pages your users are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving content that users are more interested in. You can also review regional demographic data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that users have submitted regarding the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where people aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be links to another destination?
- Get practical information on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a section of your content should be included, redesigned, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Compare if visitors prefer to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Investigate suspected site security and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and customer support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in 3 different editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single installation only. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Allows you to install on up to ten domains. Price = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click tracking, heatmaps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on as many sites as you like, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the product developer when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can provide great information on things such as how many people are visiting your website, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst on your website. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your website and its content is helping your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software application can be a great way to do so.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMap Tracker if you want live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, engagement and to increase your sales.
To learn more, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracking Plugin