Being able to understand the behavior of visitors on your website is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as ever. If you don’t know what is going on on your web site, how will you get better results?
Business owners have looked for accurate ways to track and understand what is happening since websites were first introduced. From simple counters that track visitors, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics that can deliver comprehensively detailed key data.
Understanding visitor behavior is very important for the success of your online business marketing strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but testing also shows that previous consumer behaviour is the most reliable way to predict future behaviour. It’s a more reliable indicator in fact, than consumer demographics.
While being able to see key reports like how many web users are coming to your website, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keywords searched, unique page views, referring web sites, and so on, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to view precisely what users are reading, where on your site they are staying the longest time on, what links they are clicking on, which areas of your site they are most interested in, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to help pinpoint areas on a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and session replays to your arsenal of key business analysis tools with a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that is compatible with WordPress (and other web applications) and that visually tracks your website visitors’ entire session and generates live heat maps showing where they click and where they are scrolling on your website.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool lets you look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
Go here to learn more: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your readers interact with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific obstacles that are preventing your readers from fully benefiting from your site, like unclear navigation layouts, or disruptive adverts. As a website owner, you can help your visitors to complete certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on a web page are being clicked, a heatmap will also show you any clicks that users make on your page, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that readers are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you can easily fix this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your readers that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test the design of your website, measure how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to track visitor behaviour on your website:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
HeatMapTracker records every user browsing movement on your site, allowing you to monitor all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control Without Limitations
The script is self-hosted, giving you unrestricted user recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the software, which then entitles you to receive unlimited updates and future enhancements.
Some additional application benefits include the following:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors navigate your web site, you can discover challenges preventing users from taking desired actions and reach your site benchmarks.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behavior: The video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions allow you to know exactly what takes place on your website. Heat Maps let you know exactly which buttons and links users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a specific location, how far and quickly they scroll down your content and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just factual information of what happens when visitors come to your web site.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you increase user interaction with your site, which improves your online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we’ll go over a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker offers many unique features for site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your content visitors look at and observe how far down your sales pages your visitors scroll down to as an average of the length of time your site can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze every single visitor action to help you learn how visitors interact with your site or certain pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can capture users on your pages for a day, a couple of weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your readers are more interested in. You can also monitor regional demographics of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have published about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that these are links to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- conduct “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a section of your content could be included, reworked, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Compare whether visitors tend to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact within your website.
- Analyze suspected website security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable product quality and product support. The member download area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in three separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on 1 site. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the Heat Map Tracker software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product is being retailed for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the software developer when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can provide you with useful data on things such as how many people are arriving on your site, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heat map analytics software tool can be a very practical way to do so.
We suggest buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, engagement and to get more online sales.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Software