The ability to track and monitor the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital age as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your web pages, then how will you improve your online results?
People have been looking for accurate ways to track and understand what is happening since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications that can capture incredibly fine data.
Measuring user behavior is very important for a successful marketing strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also shows that previous user behaviour is the most reliable predictor of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
Although being able to understand statistical information such as the number of unique web users are arriving on your website, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your website for, keyword searches, average page views, referring websites, and so on, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be useful to track exactly what users are reading, where on your pages they are navigating around in, which links they are clicking on, what parts of the content visitors are pausing to read more about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Website heatmaps can be used to locate areas of a website page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress web site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with session replays to your arsenal of essential website analysis tools using an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress (and other programs) and that visually tracks your web site visitors’ every movement and generates instant heat maps that show where they are clicking and where they scroll on your web site.
The HeatMapTracker application allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
To learn more about the software go here: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your users are engaging with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact challenges that prevent your prospects from fully benefiting from your website, such as confusing site navigation layouts, or disruptive banner ads. As the site owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as joining a newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on your page users are clicking, a heatmap can reveal any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that readers are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but is actually not a link, you can easily remedy this by linking the image to the destination your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the most useful ways to test your site design, assess how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
Capture Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
The application creates a video of every browsing movement on your web site, enabling you to monitor all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unrestricted user recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to own the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script upgrades and all future enhancements for free.
Additional script benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By seeing how visitors navigate your website, you can discover problem areas that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve user engagement.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your users’ sessions reveal exactly what takes place on your web site. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay on a particular area, how quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just pure information of what goes on when visitors visit your web site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase visitor interaction with your business, which improves sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we go over several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker provides many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and see how far down your sales pages your users scroll down to as an average of the length of time your site or content can retain their attention. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze every single visitor session to see how visitors are interacting with your website or certain pages on your website.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your web pages for a few days, a week, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view which pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that visitors are more interested in. You can also review regional demographics of your visitors and discover where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where users aren’t clicking). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these lead to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get practical information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Performing “above the fold” tests to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether a page element should be inserted, modified, or deleted.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for online marketing services.
- Compare whether visitors tend to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Investigate confirmed site security weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great product quality and support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Product License Price
HeatMapTracker comes in three different editions:
- Basic License – Licensed for 1 website. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for digital service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The price of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct at the time this content was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing information:
For a video of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can give you some good data on things such as how many people are visiting your pages, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider getting a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to make more sales of your products or services.
For more information, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracking Software