Being able to track, monitor and understand the behavior of visitors and users on your website or blog is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old adage ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web pages, how would you know what aspects of your web site can be improved?
People have been looking for ways to track and analyze visitor behavior since web sites were first developed. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications which can provide detailed data.
Tracking user behaviour is vitally important for the success of your online business marketing strategy, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that previous user behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to view valuable data like the number of unique web visitors are coming to your website, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which keywords are being searched for, unique page views, referring pages, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to view precisely what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest period of time, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the page visitors are browsing, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps can be used to analyze areas of a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with video session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress and that visually records your web site users’ entire journey and generates instant heat maps showing precisely where they are clicking and where they scroll on your site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool also lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
Learn more about the software here: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your readers are engaging with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your site visitors from fully benefiting from your site, like unclear navigation layouts, or distracting banner ads. As the website owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as opt into a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on your page are being clicked, a heatmap will show you any clicks that visitors are making on your site, whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you can quickly fix this by linking the image to the destination your visitors are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the most useful methods to test the design of your site, assess how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your website:
See Everything Users Do On Your Site
The application records every browsing movement on your site, allowing you to monitor all which page elements are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you unrestricted user recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to own the software, which entitles you to receive lifetime upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional application benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your web pages, you can identify obstacles that prevent users from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions reveal exactly what happens on your website. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover in a specific spot, how quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just pure intel of what goes on when visitors visit your website.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your business, which creates better online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we’ll list several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMapTracker offers many unique features for website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your sales copy visitors look at and see how far down your sales pages your users scroll down to as a measure of how long your web copy can engage them for. The software lets you review and analyze every single user experience to see how visitors are interacting with your site or specific pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can capture visitor sessions on your site for one day, 1 week, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also see regional location data of all visitors and see which part of the world they are visiting from.
The image below shows how Heat Map Tracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are some of the testimonials and comments plugin users have submitted regarding the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where users are clicking) and what’s not working (where visitors are not going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be links to another section?
- Get insights on ways to improve your landing pages, signup forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Performing “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the website’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether any new content could be included, changed, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Compare whether visitors prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Troubleshoot potential website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and support. The member download area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Product Licensing Pricing
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one website. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Installs on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Pricing for this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics can provide you with good data on things such as the number of people visiting your pages, how they found it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an insight into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics tool can be a great way to do so.
We recommend getting a license of HeatMap Tracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to increase online sales.
For more information, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin