Being able to understand visitor behavior is extremely important to your online success.
The management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your site, then how can you improve your results?
Businesses have looked for ways to track and analyze what users are doing on their internet sites since websites were first created. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your web page, to very sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications which track and display incredibly fine metrics.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is important for the success of your digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also shows that past consumer behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to understand valuable data such as how many web visitors are landing on your web site, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, what keywords are being searched for, unique page views, referring websites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be excellent to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where they are staying the longest time on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of your site visitors are pausing to read more about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to review areas in a web site page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress-powered website, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking with session replays to your business tool box with a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software application that works with WordPress (and other applications) and that lets you track your site visitors’ movements and creates instant heatmaps showing exactly where users are clicking and where they are scrolling on your web pages.
HeatMapTracker application also lets you track every click your users make.
For more details, visit the software site here: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers interact with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact issues that have been preventing your users from fully benefiting from your website, such as confusing navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As a site owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or click on specific links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you which links on your web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will also show you any clicks that users are making on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map report reveals that readers are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you could easily edit this by linking the image to the destination URL your users are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test your site design, assess how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behavior on your web site:
Monitor Everything Users Are Doing On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker records every visitor session on your web site, allowing you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you no-limit session recording and playbacks.
Unlimited Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script upgrades and all future enhancements for free.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your web site, you can identify challenges preventing visitors from taking desired actions and correct these.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions let you know precisely what is happening on your web pages. Overlays let you see exactly which buttons and links users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse on a particular location, how far and quickly they travel down your content and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just pure intel of what happens when visitors come to your web site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor engagement with your business, which improves your online sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we’ll present some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your content visitors look at and measure how far down your sales or product pages your visitors scroll down to as a benchmark of how long your sales message can engage them for. Heat Map Tracker lets you study every single user session to see how they are interacting with your website or some pages on the website.
- Unlimited session screen captures and visitor session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can record users on your website for a few days, one week, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily view the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also analyze regional demographics of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
The image below shows how HeatMapTracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials users have written about the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where users aren’t going to). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these lead to another area of your site?
- Get useful information on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, navigation, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful information prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” tests to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a content section should be added, redesigned, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Analyze if users tend to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your site.
- Troubleshoot confirmed site security or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products authored by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for providing exceptional products and customer support. The member download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in three versions:
- Basic License – Single installation only. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Price details for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin is being retailed for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics provide important data on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to truly gain an insight into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be very practical.
We recommend purchasing a license of HeatMapTracker if you need live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help improve your user-experience, engagement and to get more sales.
For more information, visit the software website here: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracking Plugin