Being able to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely important to the success of your digital business.
The old adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, how would you get better online results?
Businesses have looked for ways to track and analyze user behaviour since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that record and let you see an incredible level of measurements.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is important for the success of your digital presence, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but testing also shows that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than demographics.
Although being able to understand key reports like how many unique visitors are checking out your website, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, what terms people are searching for, average page views, referring sites, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where they are staying the longest for, which links they are clicking on, what areas of your content they are reading, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heat maps can be used to pinpoint areas on a website page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and video session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress and that visually tracks your website users’ movements and creates instant heat maps showing where users click and where they scroll throughout your web pages.
HeatMapTracker software enables you to track every click your users make.
More info: HeatMap Tracker
The more accurate data you have about how your users engage with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully accessing your website, like unclear site navigation elements, or distracting ads. As a website owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or click on certain links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you what links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can reveal any clicks that visitors are making on your site, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is an important difference because if a heatmap report reveals that readers are clicking on an image which they think is a link, but turns out not to be a link, you can quickly repair this by linking the image to the destination your users are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your readers that the image is just a visual element.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the most useful ways to test your site design, measure how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behaviour on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Site
The application records every user browsing session on your web site, enabling you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control With No Limitations
The software is hosted on your own server, giving you no restrictions on session recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the software, which entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and added features for life.
Additional software benefits include:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your site, you can spot difficulties that prevent users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- Stop Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions reveal exactly what is taking place on your website. Heat Maps let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay on a particular area, how far and quickly they scroll down your pages and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just real evidence of what happens when visitors land on your site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we discuss a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker offers many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and measure how far down your sales or product pages your visitors read down to as a measure of how long your site or content can engage them for. The software lets you study every single user action to help you see how visitors are interacting with your website or specific pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can capture visitors on your web pages for a day, a week or two, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your users are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that your readers are more interested in. You can also view regional demographics of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials and comments that users have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where users click) and what’s not working (where visitors are not going to). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that these may be links to somewhere else?
- Get practical data on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get insights prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” experimentation to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a content section needs to be inserted, redesigned, or deleted.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Analyze if visitors prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your site.
- Review potential website security problems and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust products and customer support. The members area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in three different editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on 1 site. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing the HeatMapTracker product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin is selling for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
Additional Software Info
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can provide you with useful metrics on things such as how many people are visiting your site, how they found it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of HeatMap Tracker if you need live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to make more online sales.
For full details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracker