The ability to track and monitor the behavior of visitors and users on your website is absolutely important to the success of your digital presence.
The old management adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web pages, how will you get better results online?
Business owners have been looking for ways to track and understand visitor behaviour since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which record detailed key measurements.
Learning about user behavior is important for a successful marketing strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been proven over and over that previous user behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. It’s a more reliable indicator in fact, than visitor demographics.
Although being able to track key reports such as how many web visitors are exploring your site, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring sites, and so on, is highly important, wouldn’t it also be great to know exactly what users are clicking on, where on your pages they are navigating around in, which links they are clicking on, what areas of your page they are most interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to locate areas in a web site page most frequently scanned by web visitors. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress website or blog, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and recorded visitor session replays to your arsenal of key web site analysis tools using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that lets you visually record your web site visitors’ movements and generates live heatmaps that show where they click and where they scroll on your web pages.
HeatMapTracker software also enables you to look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
Go here to learn more about this script: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that are preventing your site visitors from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As the site owner, you can guide your visitors to perform certain actions, such as join a newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you what links on your page users are clicking, a heat map can show you any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap report helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could quickly fix this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not linked.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the most useful methods to test the design of your website, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track visitor behavior on your site:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
The application captures every user browsing session on your website, allowing you to record all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The application is hosted on your own server, giving you no limits on session recording and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the software, which entitles you to receive free updates and future enhancements.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your web site, you can discover problems that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions show you precisely what is taking place on your web site. Screen overlays let you see exactly which elements users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse in a particular location, how fast they scroll down your pages and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just accurate information of what takes place when users visit your web pages.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your business, which improves your online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we go over a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Ready to use in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your content visitors spend more time view and measure how far down your page your visitors scroll down to as a measure of how long your sales message can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze every single user experience to help you understand how visitors are interacting with your site or some pages on the website.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can capture visitors on your web pages for 1 day, one week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see which pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that users care about. You can also view regional location data of all visitors and see which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials users have submitted for the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what works (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these lead to another area of your site?
- Get ideas on how to optimize your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” tests to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page could be added, rearranged, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Analyze whether visitors tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage within your web site.
- Diagnose confirmed website security exploits and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in three separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single installation only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten domains. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heat maps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on as many sites as you need, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Current pricing for HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can give you some good metrics on things such as how many people are arriving on your pages, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics tool can be a very practical way to do this.
We suggest getting a license of HeatMap Tracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more online sales.
For complete details, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Software