Being able to track and see visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital age as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your web site, how would you get better results?
Business owners have been searching for ways to track and analyze visitor behaviour since websites first appeared. From basic counters that track visitors, to powerful analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications which can record and let you see granular key measurements.
Knowing user behaviour is very important for a successful digital marketing and content strategy, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that past user behaviour is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than visitor demographics.
Although the ability to view statistical data like how many unique web visitors are coming to your web site, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which terms are being searched for, page views, referring sites, etc …, is vitally useful, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to track exactly what visitors are doing, where on your pages they are visiting the longest period on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your page visitors are pausing to read more about, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Website heatmaps are used to display areas in a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and video session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress and that visually tracks your web site visitors’ movements and creates instant heatmaps showing where users are clicking and where they scroll on your pages.
The HeatMapTracker application also allows you to see your website from your visitor’s unique point of view.
More info: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users engage with your content, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific obstacles that prevent your readers from fully engaging with your site, like confusing navigation elements, or distracting design elements. As a site owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you which links on your page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will show you any clicks that users are making on your page, whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they think is a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you would be able to quickly repair this by adding a link to the image, or let your visitors know that the image is not linked.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how readable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behavior on your site:
Record Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
HeatMapTracker records every user browsing session on your site, enabling you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The software allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on session recording and playbacks.
Free Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the HeatMapTracker application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and future enhancements.
Some additional script benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors use your web site, you can spot problems that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ sessions reveal exactly what happens on your web site. Overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover in a particular section, how quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just accurate evidence of what goes on when visitors explore your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker lets you improve visitor interaction with your site, which improves sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll go over some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors look at and see how far down your page your users scroll down to as a measure of the length of time your site can keep them engaged. The software lets you review and analyze each and every user action to help you understand how visitors are interacting with your website or some pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure user sessions on your pages for 1 day, one week, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also see regional demographics of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker stacks up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have submitted for the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Learn what works (i.e. where users are clicking) and what’s not working (where users aren’t going to). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that they lead to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Creating “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any content needs to be included, edited, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Analyze whether visitors tend to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments interact within your web site.
- Troubleshoot potential site security problems and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional products and customer support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic License – Single license only. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 domains. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on as many sites as you like, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: Pricing for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with great metrics on things such as the number of people finding your site, how they found it and what they do whilst visiting your web site. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your website and your content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics application can be very practical.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMapTracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to get more online sales.
For more details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracking Plugin