The ability to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your digital presence.
The management saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true in the digital economy as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, how will you know what elements of your web site can be improved?
Website users have looked for ways to track and analyze what visitors are doing on their internet sites since websites were first invented. From simple counters that track the number of visitors, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical software like Google Analytics that record and display an incredible level of metrics.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is very important for a successful marketing strategy, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been proven over and over that previous consumer behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than demographics.
Although the ability to see statistical reports like how many unique visitors are checking out your site, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, what terms people are searching for, page views, referring websites, etc …, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to track precisely what users are clicking on, where they are staying the longest for, what links they are clicking on, what areas of your page they are reading, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps have been used to display areas in a website page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heatmaps can also be used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress site, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and session replays to your collection of key site analysis tools using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other programs) and that visually tracks your web site users’ complete session and generates live heat maps that show exactly where users click and where they scroll on your site content.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool also enables you to spy on every click your users make.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more you know how your users are engaging with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your users from fully engaging with your site, like unclear navigation elements, or disruptive adverts. As a site owner, you can encourage your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as joining your newsletter or clicking on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can also display any clicks that visitors make on your page, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you could quickly change this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is just a graphic.
In short, heat maps can be one of the best methods to test the design of your website, measure how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to monitor user behaviour on your website:
See Everything Users Do On Your Site
The script records every visitor session on your site, enabling you to capture all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you unrestricted recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to buy the application, after which you are then entitled to receive lifetime updates and all future enhancements.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your site, you can identify problem areas that prevent users from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The video playbacks of your users’ browser sessions reveal exactly what is taking place on your website. Screen overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover on a particular location, how fast they scroll down your pages and more! No more guesses or hoping … just accurate intel of what happens when users come to your website.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which improves sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we present some of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many features for site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your sales pages your users scroll as an average of how long your sales message can retain their attention. The software lets you study each and every visitor session to see how users interact with your website or particular pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can capture visitor sessions on your web pages for a few days, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded visitor sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your visitors are more interested in. You can also analyze regional location data of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
The image below shows how Heat Map Tracker stacks up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials plugin users have submitted regarding HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what’s not working (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that these may be linking to another section?
- Get practical information on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Performing “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether an element on the page could be added, redesigned, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital services.
- Test if visitors tend to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your website.
- Confirm potential website security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing great product quality and customer support. The product download area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten domains. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click-tracking, heat maps, session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for web development agencies. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was correct at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide very useful data on things such as how many people are visiting your pages, how they are finding it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to truly gain deep knowledge into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software tool can be a great way to do so.
We recommend that you consider purchasing a copy of Heat Map Tracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to increase sales.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracker