Being able to track and see the behavior of visitors and users on your web site is most important to the success of your business online.
The management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your site, then how can you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have been looking for ways to track and understand user behavior since web sites first appeared. From basic counters that track how many people have viewed your page, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics which track an incredible level of key metrics.
Knowing visitor behavior is very important for the success of your online business marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that past user behaviour is the best predictor of future behavior. It’s a more reliable indicator in fact, than demographics.
Although being able to analyze valuable details such as how many unique visitors are arriving on your website, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring web sites, etc …, is highly important, wouldn’t it be fantastic to know exactly what visitors are reading, where they are staying the longest time on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what areas of your page visitors are reading, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy. Website heat maps can be used for displaying areas on a web page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay tools.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software tool that works with WordPress and that lets you record your website users’ movements and generates live heat maps showing where users click and where they scroll throughout your web site.
The HeatMapTracker software allows you to record every click your visitors make.
For more details, visit the software site here: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers are engaging with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your readers from fully engaging with your site, such as unclear site navigation layouts, or distracting adverts. As the site owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as sign up to a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you what links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can also display any clicks that visitors are making on your site, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map report reveals that users are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could easily repair this by linking the image to the destination your visitors are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heat maps are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, assess how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behavior on your website:
Monitor Everything Users Are Doing On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker lets you record every user browsing movement on your site, enabling you to capture all which page elements are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Complete Control Without Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no restrictions on recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your website, you can identify problem areas preventing visitors from taking desired actions and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing About User Behaviour: The video recordings of your visitors’ browsing sessions allow you to see exactly what takes place on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a specific location, how fast they travel down your content and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just factual metrics of what takes place when people visit your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve visitor engagement with your site, which increases your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we present some of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker includes many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors look at and measure how far down your sales or product pages your users scroll as an indicator of the length of time your website and/or sales copy can retain their attention. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze each and every user session to help you learn how visitors are interacting with your website or specific pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session recording and session playbacks. Are you required to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure user sessions on your web pages for a few days, a week or two, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on pages that your visitors are more interested in. You can also monitor regional demographic data of your visitors and see which part of the world they are visiting from.
The image below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials and comments plugin users have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what’s not working (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these link to another location?
- Get actionable information on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Conducting “above the fold” experiments to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any content needs to be included, changed, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Analyze whether users tend to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact within your website.
- Analyze potential website security exploits or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust products and product support. The member download area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single use only. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click tracking, heat maps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: Price details for Heat Map Tracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the price at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide important data on things such as the number of people visiting your website, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain an understanding into how your web site and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be extremely useful.
We recommend purchasing a copy of HeatMap Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to increase your sales of your products or services.
For full details, visit the software website here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Software