The ability to track the behavior of visitors on your website or blog is absolutely important to your online success.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your web pages, how will you get better online results?
Website users have looked for practical tools to track and analyze visitor behaviour since websites were first invented. From basic counters that track visitors, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications that provide very granular key data.
Measuring visitor behavior is very important for a successful business, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but research also proves that previous visitor behaviour is the best indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to see valuable details such as the number of unique visitors are exploring your web site, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, what terms people are searching for, page views, referring pages, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to track precisely what visitors are doing, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of your page visitors are mostly interested in, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to help locate areas of a website page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress website or blog, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with recorded visitor session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that works with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually records your site users’ complete session and creates live heat maps that show precisely where they are clicking and where they are scrolling on your website.
The HeatMapTracker software lets you look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
More info: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users interact with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your users from fully engaging with your site, such as unclear site navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As a site owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as signing up to your newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on a page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can reveal any clicks that visitors make on your page, whether these are links or not. This is an important difference because if a heatmap report helps you discover that users are clicking on an image which they think is a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you could quickly repair this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the most useful ways to test the design of your site, measure how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
See Everything Users Do On Your Website
HeatMap Tracker captures every visitor session on your site, allowing you to record all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The application is self-hosted, giving you no limits on visitor recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script updates and enhancements for life.
Additional benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your site, you can uncover difficulties preventing users from taking desired actions and correct these.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your users’ sessions reveal precisely what happens on your site. Overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they stay on a particular location, how far and quickly they travel down your pages and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just accurate information of what goes on when visitors move around your web pages.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your site, which creates better online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we present a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker provides many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and observe how far down your page your visitors scroll down to as an average of the length of time your website and/or sales copy can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you review and analyze every single visitor session to see how visitors are interacting with your site or certain pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can capture users on your pages for one day, a week or two, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your visitors care about. You can also review regional demographics of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just some testimonials and feedback plugin users have submitted for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what’s not working (where users aren’t going to). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these link to another area of your site?
- Get ideas on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- conduct “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a page element needs to be added, reworked, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Test whether visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage with your web site.
- Review potential site security exploits and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable products and customer support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to use on 1 domain. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web development agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Pricing details of the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software sells for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the plugin developer when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide very useful information on things such as how many people are arriving on your site, how they are finding it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain a deep understanding into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be a very practical way to do this.
We suggest purchasing a copy of HeatMapTracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to make more online sales.
For more details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracking Software