The ability to understand the behavior of visitors and users on your website is absolutely important to your online success.
The saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, how will you improve your online results?
People have been searching for useful methods to track and understand visitor behavior since websites first appeared. From basic counters that track visitors, to sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications that capture incredibly fine measurements.
Tracking visitor behaviour is very important for a successful web site, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous visitor behavior is the best predictor of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
While the ability to see statistical data like how many unique web visitors are landing on your website, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your website for, what keywords people are searching for, page views, referring pages, etc …, is vitally important, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to know exactly what users are clicking on, where on your site they are visiting the longest for, which links they are clicking on, what parts of your page visitors are mostly intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps are used for displaying areas in a web page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with session replays to your arsenal of essential business analysis tools with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that works with WordPress and that visually tracks your web site users’ every movement and generates live heat maps showing precisely where users are clicking and where they scroll throughout your pages.
HeatMapTracker software lets you track every action your visitors make.
To learn more about this software go here: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more accurately you know how your visitors engage with your website, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your prospects from fully benefiting from your website, such as unclear site navigation elements, or distracting ads. As the website owner, you can guide your readers to perform certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on your page are being clicked, a heat map will also reveal any clicks that visitors are making on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis reveals that readers are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly repair this by adding a link to the image, or make it absolutely clear to your users that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heat maps can be one of the best ways to test the design of your website, measure how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to track visitor behavior on your web site:
Record Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
Heat Map Tracker records every visitor session on your web site, enabling you to record all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The application is hosted on your own server, giving you unrestricted session recordings and playbacks.
Free Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the software, after which you are then entitled to receive lifetime updates and future enhancements.
Additional software benefits include the following:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors use your site, you can spot obstacles preventing users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and reach your site objectives.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your users’ browser sessions reveal precisely what happens on your web site. Overlays let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse on a particular spot, how quickly they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just pure evidence of what goes on when visitors visit your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll present several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker provides many great features for website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your page your visitors read down to as an indicator of the length of time your site can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you review and analyze every single user session to see how users are interacting with your website or particular pages on the site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can capture user sessions on your website for one day, a couple of weeks, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily view the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your users are more interested in. You can also view regional demographics of your visitors and see where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback users have published about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these may be linking to somewhere else?
- Get practical data on how to optimize your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, navigation, etc.
- Get practical information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get practical data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the site’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any content could be included, reworked, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Compare if visitors prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage with your web site.
- Investigate confirmed website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and product support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Price details for the Heat Map Tracker software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product retails for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can give you some very useful data on things such as how many people are finding your site, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain deeper insights into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be very practical.
We recommend that you consider buying a license of HeatMap Tracker if you need live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to increase your sales.
For full details, visit the software website here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin