The ability to track, monitor and understand the behavior of visitors on your site is very important to your online success.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital economy as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your site, how will you get better results?
Businesses have been looking for ways to track and understand user behaviour since websites were first created. From basic tracking counters, to powerful analytical software like Google Analytics that deliver an exceptional level of key data.
Learning about visitor behaviour is important for a successful digital presence, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown that previous consumer behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
Although the ability to see valuable details like the number of web visitors are visiting your website, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, page views, referring websites, and so on, is highly important, wouldn’t it be useful to be able to view exactly what visitors are reading, where they are visiting the longest for, which links they are clicking on, which parts of the content they are pausing on, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps are used to help pinpoint areas on a website page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of statistical software and session replay tools.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and video session replays to your collection of key web site analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other website programs) and that lets you track your website users’ every movement and creates live heatmaps showing exactly where users click and where they scroll throughout your site.
HeatMapTracker software enables you to look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your site.
Go here to learn more about the software: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your users interact with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific obstacles that are preventing your readers from fully engaging with your website, like confusing navigation elements, or disruptive adverts. As the site owner, you can help your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as signing up to your newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on a web page are being clicked, a heatmap will show you any clicks that visitors make on your page, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap analysis reveals that readers are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a link, you could quickly change this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or let your visitors know that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the most useful ways to test the design of your site, measure how readable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Do On Your Web Pages
HeatMapTracker lets you record every browsing movement on your website, allowing you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Full Control With No Limitations
The software is self-hosted, giving you no-limit user recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the script, after which you are then entitled to receive lifetime updates and future enhancements.
Additional benefits of the application include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can discover problem areas that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and correct these.
- Stop Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ sessions show you precisely what takes place on your site. Heatmaps let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse in a specific section, how far and quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just pure intel of what happens when visitors explore your website.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMap Tracker lets you increase user engagement with your site, which improves your sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we discuss some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Ready to go in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors spend more time on and see how far down your sales or product pages your visitors scroll as an average of how long your sales message can keep them interested. The software lets you review and analyze each and every visitor action to see how users interact with your site or specific pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can record visitor sessions on your pages for 1 day, one week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your readers are more interested in. You can also review regional location data of all visitors and see where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials and comments plugin users have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where users are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that they are links to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Performing “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a content section could be included, changed, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for online marketing services.
- Compare whether users tend to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage within your site.
- Review potential site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable product quality and product support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Product Licensing Cost
HeatMap Tracker comes in 3 versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one domain. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Installs on up to ten domains. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heat maps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on as many sites as you like, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: Pricing details of the Heat Map Tracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the price when this review was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
Additional Software Info
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with good data on things such as the number of people arriving on your site, how they are finding it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain deeper insights into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be extremely practical.
We recommend that you consider getting a license of HeatMap Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, engagement and to make more sales.
For full details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Software