The ability to understand the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your site, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Website users have been looking for smart tools to track and understand user behaviour since websites were first invented. From basic counters that track visitor numbers, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics which can record detailed key information.
Learning about visitor behaviour is vitally important for a successful digital marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but testing also confirms that past consumer behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. It’s a better predictor, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
Although the ability to see valuable metrics like how many unique web visitors are exploring your site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are remaining on your website for, keywords searched, unique page views, referring pages, and so on, is vitally important, wouldn’t it also be excellent to know precisely what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest periods, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of the site they are pausing on, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to locate areas on a web page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and session replays to your arsenal of key site analysis tools with an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other programs) and that visually records your web site visitors’ every movement and creates live heatmaps that show precisely where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site.
HeatMapTracker application also allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
For more details, visit the script site here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more you know how your visitors are engaging with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully engaging with your website, like unclear navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As a website owner, you can guide your users to perform certain actions, such as signing up to a newsletter or clicking on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on a page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can also display any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you could quickly remedy this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your readers that the image is not a link.
In short, heat maps can be one of the best ways to test your site design, see how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behavior on your web site:
Record Everything Users Are Doing On Your Web Pages
Heat Map Tracker records every visitor movement on your website, allowing you to monitor all page clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The application is self-hosted, giving you no-limit visitor recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to buy the HeatMapTracker application, after which you are then entitled to receive free upgrades and enhancements.
Some additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker script include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web pages, you can spot problems that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve visitor engagement.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The video recordings of your visitors’ sessions show you exactly what is happening on your web site. Click overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they stay on a specific area, how fast they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just accurate metrics of what goes on when people come to your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve user interaction with your business, which creates better online sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many features for site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Goes to work in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time reading and monitor how far down your page your visitors read down to as an average of the length of time your web copy can retain their attention. The software lets you analyze each and every visitor session to help you see how users are interacting with your site or some pages on your website.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can measure visitors on your pages for one day, a week or two, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your visitors care about. You can also see regional demographic data of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials that plugin customers have written about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Learn what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be links to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” tests to improve your website’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any section of the content should be included, changed, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Analyze if users prefer to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact within your web site.
- Analyze potential website security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great product quality and customer support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic License – Single installation only. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on as many sites as you like, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it ideal for digital marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Pricing details of HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current price at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide important information on things such as the number of people landing on your pages, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst on your site. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be extremely practical.
We recommend that you consider getting a copy of Heat Map Tracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, engagement and to make more web sales.
For more details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracking Software