Being able to understand the behavior of visitors on your website is most important to the success of your digital presence.
The old business adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web pages, then how would you improve your results online?
Website users have been searching for useful methods to track and understand user behavior since websites first appeared. From basic counters that track the number of visitors, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which track detailed metrics.
Tracking visitor behaviour is very important for a successful digital business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that previous visitor behavior is the best way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than knowing demographics.
While being able to understand valuable data like the number of unique web visitors are checking out your website, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring pages, and so on, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it be useful to be able to view exactly what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are staying the longest for, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of your page they are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this possible. Website heat maps can be used to locate areas in a website page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress web site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with recorded visitor session replays to your collection of essential business analysis tools using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that works with WordPress and that lets you visually record your site users’ movements and creates instant heat maps that show where they click and where they scroll throughout your site.
The HeatMapTracker software also enables you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
Learn more here: HeatMap Tracker
The more accurately you know how your visitors interact with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that have been preventing your prospects from fully accessing your website, like confusing navigation elements, or disruptive ads. As a website owner, you can guide your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as sign up to a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on your page users are clicking, a heatmap can also display any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap analysis reveals that users are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can easily change this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is just a design element.
In short, heat maps are one of the best ways to test the design of your website, measure how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to track user behavior on your web site:
Monitor Everything Users Do On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker creates a screen video of every visitor session on your web site, enabling you to view all which page elements are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unlimited visitor recordings and playbacks.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and enhancements for life.
Some additional benefits of the script include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your site, you can spot obstacles that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing About User Behavior: The video recordings of your visitors’ sessions show you precisely what is happening on your web pages. Screen overlays let you know exactly which buttons and links users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a particular location, how far and quickly they travel down your pages and more! No more guesses or hoping … just pure evidence of what happens when users visit your web site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which improves your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll list several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker offers many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your sales copy visitors look at and measure how far down your product pages your users read down to as an average of how long your website and/or sales copy can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you analyze each and every user experience to see how they interact with your site or certain pages on the site.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMap Tracker you can measure visitors on your site for one day, a few weeks, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded visitor sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your visitors care about. You can also see regional demographics of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback plugin customers have submitted for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that these link to another area of your site?
- Get useful data on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get actionable information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Perform “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether a page element needs to be inserted, reworked, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Analyze if visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact within your site.
- Investigate suspected site security problems or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and product support. The product download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Product Licensing Price
HeatMap Tracker comes in 3 editions:
- Basic License – Licensed for 1 website. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Licensed for up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on as many sites as you like, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web development service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing HeatMapTracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was current when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details here:
Additional Software Info
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics can give you some very useful metrics on things such as the number of people arriving on your pages, how they are finding it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heat map analytics software application can be very useful.
We recommend buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you want live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to get more online sales.
For more details, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker