The ability to track and see the behavior of visitors on your website is absolutely vital to the success of your digital business.
The old adage ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your site, how would you know what areas of your website can be improved?
People have looked for accurate ways to track and analyze what users are going to do in their sites since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics and other applications which record detailed key metrics.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is important for the success of your digital presence, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also confirms that previous user behavior is the best predictor of future behaviour. It’s a better predictor, in fact, than demographics.
Although the ability to track statistical information such as how many web visitors are coming to your site, what pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, unique page views, referring websites, and so on, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to know exactly what users are clicking on, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest period of time, what links they are clicking on, which parts of the page they are reading, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps can be used to analyze areas of a website page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and recorded user session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that lets you track your website users’ every movement and creates live heat maps showing precisely where they click and where they scroll on your web site.
The HeatMapTracker application lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
For more details, visit the software site here: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your visitors engage with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific barriers that have been preventing your prospects from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As the website owner, you can guide your users to complete certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on a web page are being clicked, a heat map can also show you any clicks that users are making on your site, whether they are links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heat map analysis reveals that users are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you would be able to quickly remedy this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is just a visual element.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test the design of your site, assess how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to monitor user behavior on your site:
See Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
HeatMap Tracker creates a screen video of every user browsing session on your web site, allowing you to monitor all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to buy the script, which entitles you to receive unlimited updates and new features for free.
Additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker script include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your website, you can uncover issues that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and improve user engagement.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your users’ browser sessions allow you to observe precisely what happens on your web site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay in a particular area, how far they travel down your content and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just pure evidence of what takes place when people move around your web site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker lets you improve visitor engagement with your site, which increases your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll discuss several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and observe how far down your page your users scroll as an average of how long your content can keep them interested. HeatMapTracker lets you study every single user session to help you learn how users interact with your site or specific pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can capture user sessions on your pages for 1 day, a week or two, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your readers are more interested in. You can also monitor regional demographics of your visitors and see where they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials plugin users have published about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what’s not working (where users are not going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that they link to another location?
- Get useful information on how to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” tests to improve your site’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the site’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a content section needs to be included, redesigned, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Analyze whether users prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your website.
- Diagnose potential site security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and customer support. The member download area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 versions:
- Basic License – Single installation only. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to install on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the pricing at the time this content was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide important data on things such as how many people are coming to your site, how they find it and what they do whilst on your site. However, if you want to really gain deep knowledge into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heatmap analytics application can be extremely useful.
We recommend that you consider getting a license of HeatMap Tracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and for increasing sales.
For full details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracker