Being able to track, monitor and understand the behavior of visitors and users on your web site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old management saying ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your web site, then how can you know what areas of your web site need to be improved?
Business owners have been searching for ways to track and understand visitor behavior since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications which can track an exceptional amount of key information.
Measuring visitor behaviour is vitally important for the success of your digital marketing and content strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but testing also confirms that past consumer behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than visitor demographics.
Although the ability to see key information such as how many web visitors are checking out your web site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, unique page views, referring sites, etc …, is highly important, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to track exactly what visitors are reading, where they are navigating through, what links they are clicking on, what areas of your content visitors are mostly interested in, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to help pinpoint areas in a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress website, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that lets you track your website users’ entire journey and creates live heat maps showing precisely where they click and where they scroll throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
For more details, visit the script site here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your visitors interact with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully engaging with your website, such as confusing site navigation elements, or distracting banner ads. As the site owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as join your newsletter or clicking on specific links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on a web page are being clicked, a heatmap can show you any clicks that users make on your site, whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on an image which they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you would be able to quickly edit this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your users that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best ways to test your site design, measure how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to track user behavior on your web site:
Record Everything Visitors Do On Your Website
The script captures every visitor movement on your web site, enabling you to view all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you no limits on recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to own the application, which then entitles you to receive lifetime upgrades and enhancements.
Additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker script include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your site, you can identify challenges that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and reach your site goals.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions reveal precisely what is happening on your site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific spot, how fast they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just pure intel of what goes on when people come to your web site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases your online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we discuss some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker provides many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Ready to go in minutes.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors look at and measure how far down your product pages your visitors scroll as a benchmark of how long your site can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze every single visitor experience to see how they are interacting with your site or some pages on your site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMap Tracker you can spy on user sessions on your web pages for a few days, a couple of weeks, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can easily see which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on pages that visitors are more interested in. You can also view regional location data of your visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback users have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that they may be linking to another section?
- Get insights on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Performing “above the fold” experimentation to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether any section of the content needs to be inserted, changed, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Analyze whether users tend to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact with your site.
- Diagnose confirmed site security and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable product quality and support. The product download area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic License – Installs on one site. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to ten sites. Price = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: The cost to purchase this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product is selling for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the software seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics provide useful data on things such as how many people are arriving on your site, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain deeper insights into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heatmap analytics tool can be extremely useful.
We recommend that you consider buying a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to increase your sales of your products or services.
For more information, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracking Software