Being able to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your website or blog is most important to the success of your digital business.
The management saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Business owners have been searching for useful tools to track and analyze what visitors are doing on their web sites since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which can record and let users see very granular key information.
Understanding user behavior is important for a successful web site, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been proven that previous user behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour. Better, in fact, than visitor demographics.
Although being able to analyze key information such as how many unique web visitors are checking out your website, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, keyword searches, average page views, referring pages, etc …, is highly useful, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to track exactly what users are reading, where on your pages they are navigating around in, which links they are clicking on, what parts of your content visitors are mostly intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Web heat maps are used to locate areas in a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your arsenal of key online analysis tools using a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software tool that is compatible with WordPress (and other programs) and that lets you visually record your website users’ entire session and creates live heat maps that show where users click and where they scroll on your web site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool lets you see your site from your visitor’s point of view.
Go here to learn more about this analytics tool: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more accurately you know how your users engage with your content, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific barriers that have been preventing your prospects from fully engaging with your website, such as unclear site navigation elements, or disruptive ads. As a site owner, you can encourage your users to complete certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you which links on your web page are being clicked, a heatmap will reveal any clicks that users are making on your site, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is an important difference because if a heatmap report reveals that users are clicking on an image that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could easily change this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is not a link.
In short, heat maps can be one of the most useful methods to test the design of your site, assess how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behaviour on your site:
Observe Everything Visitors Do On Your Web Pages
The application lets you record every user browsing session on your website, allowing you to capture all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The software allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no limits on session recording and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the HeatMapTracker script, which then entitles you to receive lifetime upgrades and enhancements.
Additional script benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your web pages, you can identify difficulties that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and correct these.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The video playbacks of your users’ browsing sessions reveal precisely what is happening on your web pages. Heat Maps let you see exactly which buttons and links users click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific location, how quickly they scroll down your site and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just real evidence of what takes place when people navigate around your web site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve user interaction with your business, which improves sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we discuss a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMapTracker offers many unique features for site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your sales pages your visitors read down to as a benchmark of how long your site can keep them engaged. The software lets you review and analyze every single visitor experience to help you learn how they are interacting with your website or particular pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can record visitor sessions on your pages for a day, a couple of weeks, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded user sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that users care about. You can also see regional demographics of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your results:
- Learn what works (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that these may be links to another location?
- Get useful data on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, navigation, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get practical information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Performing “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a content section should be added, modified, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Test whether visitors tend to click on images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Investigate suspected website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and customer support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in three different editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on as many sites as you need, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web development agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing the HeatMap Tracker product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the software author when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing:
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with good data on things such as how many people are landing on your website, how they find it and what they do whilst on your web pages. However, if you want to truly gain a deep understanding into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics application can be a very practical way to do so.
We suggest getting a copy of HeatMapTracker for live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to get more sales of your products or services.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracker