Being able to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely important to your online success.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your site, then how can you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have looked for ways to track and understand what users are up to on their web-sites since websites were first developed. From simple tracking counters, to powerful and sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics which record and display incredibly detailed key measurements.
Understanding visitor behavior is important for the success of your online business marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but testing also shows that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. It’s a more reliable indicator in fact, than knowing consumer demographics.
While the ability to analyze key data such as the number of unique web users are coming to your website, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, what terms people are searching for, unique page views, referring websites, and so on, is extremely important, wouldn’t it be great to be able to view precisely what users are doing, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of the content they are most intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to monitor areas in a web site page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with session replays to your business tool box with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that lets you visually record your web site visitors’ every movement and creates live heatmaps showing exactly where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker application also allows you to capture every action your users make.
Learn more here: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more you know how your users are engaging with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your readers from fully accessing your site, like unclear navigation layouts, or distracting banner ads. As a site owner, you can encourage your readers to perform certain actions, such as join a newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on your web page users are clicking, a heatmap can display any clicks that users make on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you could quickly edit this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it perfectly clear to your users that the image is just a design element.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test the design of your website, assess how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to track visitor behaviour on your web site:
Capture Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
HeatMapTracker lets you record every browsing session on your website, enabling you to observe all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on session recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the HeatMapTracker script, which then entitles you to receive unlimited updates and enhancements for life.
Some additional script benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web pages, you can uncover difficulties that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and correct these.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions let you observe precisely what is taking place on your website. Screen overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a specific section, how far they scroll down your content and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just accurate metrics of what happens when users move around your website.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases your online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we’ll go over some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Be up and running in no time.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors eyes are drawn to and see how far down your product pages your users read down to as an indicator of the length of time your content can keep them interested. The software lets you analyze each and every user session to help you learn how users are interacting with your website or particular pages on the website.
- Unlimited session screen captures and browser session playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can spy on users on your web pages for a day, a couple of weeks, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your users are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your users are more interested in. You can also access regional demographic data of your visitors and see where they are coming from.
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker stacks up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials that users have written about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where people are not going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that they are links to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on ways to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Performing “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any new content should be added, reworked, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Analyze whether visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your web site.
- Confirm suspected site security threats and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products authored by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust products and support. The members area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in three different versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on 1 domain. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: The price of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the product is selling for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can give you some important information on things such as how many people are visiting your website, how they are finding it and what they do whilst visiting your website. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be a great way to do so.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMapTracker if you want real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to make more web sales.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker