The ability to track, monitor and understand the behavior of visitors on your site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old business management saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital age as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, then how can you get better results?
Business owners have been searching for smart tools to track and analyze user behaviour since websites were first invented. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your web page, to sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which can capture very rich information.
Analyzing user behavior is important for a successful business, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also shows that past user behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than demographics.
While being able to analyze valuable reports like the number of unique web users are exploring your web site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, page views, referring web sites, etc …, is vitally important, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to view precisely what visitors are reading, where they are staying the longest for, what links they are clicking on, what parts of your content visitors are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this possible. Website heatmaps have been used to pinpoint areas on a web page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and session replays to your arsenal of essential site analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually tracks your web site users’ entire session and generates live heatmaps that show where users click and where they scroll throughout your pages.
The HeatMapTracker application also enables you to see your website from your visitor’s point of view.
More info: HeatMap Tracker
The more information you have about how your users engage with your content, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your readers from fully engaging with your site, such as confusing site navigation layouts, or distracting design elements. As a website owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you what links on a page are being clicked, a heat map will display any clicks that visitors make on your site, whether these are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they think is a link, but happens to not be a link, you can easily edit this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or make it clear to your readers that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heat maps can be one of the most useful ways to test the design of your website, measure how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your website:
See Everything Visitors Do On Your Web Pages
HeatMapTracker records every browsing session on your web site, allowing you to capture all page clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The script is hosted on your own server, giving you unrestricted session recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited application upgrades and new features for life.
Some additional benefits of the script include the following:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your website, you can spot obstacles preventing users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ browsing sessions show you precisely what happens on your web site. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific area, how far and quickly they scroll down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just pure evidence of what happens when visitors land on your web pages.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your site, which creates better online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll present a number of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker offers many unique features for website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time on and see how far down the page your users scroll down to as an indicator of the length of time your site can keep them engaged. HeatMapTracker lets you analyze each and every visitor session to see how visitors are interacting with your website or certain pages on the website.
- Unlimited session recording and session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can capture visitor sessions on your website for a few days, a couple of weeks, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily view which pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your readers are more interested in. You can also access regional location data of all visitors and see which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials that plugin customers have submitted regarding the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where people click) and what’s not working (where users aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that they may link to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get insights prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- conduct “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a section of your content could be added, changed, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Analyze if visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage within your site.
- Investigate potential site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for providing great products and customer support. The member download area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Installs on one website. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click tracking, heat maps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics provide good data on things such as the number of people landing on your website, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics application can be a very practical way to do so.
We recommend buying a license of Heat Map Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, visitor engagement and to increase online sales.
For more details, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracker