The ability to track visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your website, then how can you improve your results?
Business owners have looked for ways to track and understand what users are up to on their web-sites since websites were first invented. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that can track and display granular metrics.
Knowing visitor behavior is important for a successful digital business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown that previous user behavior is the best way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even more more reliable predictor in fact, than knowing demographics.
While being able to monitor statistical reports such as how many unique web users are checking out your site, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, unique page views, referring web sites, and so on, is highly essential, wouldn’t it be great to know precisely what users are doing, where on your site they are navigating around in, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your content they are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps can be used for displaying areas of a website page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking with session replays to your arsenal of key site analysis tools with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other website programs) and that lets you record your site visitors’ complete journey and creates live heat maps that show exactly where users click and where they scroll on your pages.
The HeatMapTracker software also allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your visitors are interacting with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact challenges that have been preventing your users from fully benefiting from your site, such as unclear navigation elements, or distracting design elements. As a site owner, you can help your readers to complete certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will show you any clicks that users are making on your page, whether these are links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis reveals that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they think is a link, but happens to not be a link, you would be able to easily edit this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it perfectly clear to your visitors that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test your site design, assess how readable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
See Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Pages
HeatMap Tracker records every browsing session on your site, allowing you to see all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The script is hosted on your server, giving you no restrictions on user recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to buy the application, which then entitles you to receive unlimited application updates and future enhancements for free.
Additional benefits of the HeatMapTracker application include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your web pages, you can discover obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions let you see precisely what takes place on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific area, how quickly they navigate down your content and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just factual evidence of what goes on when users visit your website.
- Increase Website Sales: Heat Map Tracker helps you increase user engagement with your business, which improves sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we discuss a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors eyes are drawn to and observe how far down your sales or product pages your visitors scroll as an indicator of how long your content can engage them for. The software lets you study each and every visitor action to help you understand how users interact with your website or specific pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and browser session playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record visitor sessions on your web pages for a few days, a few weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see which pages your visitors are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on the content that your visitors are more interested in. You can also review regional demographic data of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are some of the testimonials plugin users have written about the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Discover what works (i.e. where users click) and what’s not working (where users are not going to). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they may be linking to somewhere else?
- Get actionable data on how to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get practical data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” tests to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a page element could be inserted, edited, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital marketing services.
- Compare if users tend to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact within your site.
- Troubleshoot potential site security issues and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable product quality and customer support. The members area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in three versions:
- Basic License – Single installation only. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: The price of the HeatMap Tracker software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details:
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services like Google Analytics provide good data on things such as the number of people landing on your pages, how they find it and what they are doing whilst on your web site. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics tool can be a very practical way to do this.
We suggest purchasing a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and for generating more web sales.
For more information, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracking Plugin