Being able to track visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital age as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your web pages, then how will you know what areas need improving?
Business owners have been looking for ways to track and understand user behavior since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to powerful and sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics that track comprehensively detailed metrics.
Tracking visitor behaviour is important for a successful website, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous user behaviour is the best way to predict future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
While being able to monitor key information like the number of unique visitors are visiting your site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring sites, and so on, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to track exactly what visitors are doing, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, which links they are clicking on, which parts of the site visitors are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps have been used to help locate areas in a website page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking and session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that is compatible with WordPress (and other web applications) and that visually tracks your web site users’ entire journey and creates live heat maps that show where users click and where they scroll throughout your pages.
The HeatMapTracker application enables you to track every move your users make.
For more details go here: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your readers are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific barriers that prevent your visitors from fully engaging with your website, like confusing navigation elements, or distracting banner ads. As a site owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as sign up to a newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a page visitors are clicking, a heat map will show you any clicks that users make on your page, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map report reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you could quickly change this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it clear to your users that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best ways to test the design of your website, assess how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behavior on your website:
Capture Everything Visitors Do On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker records every user browsing movement on your website, enabling you to view all which page elements are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unlimited recordings and playbacks.
Unlimited Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and enhancements for free.
Some additional script benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can identify problem areas preventing visitors from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions allow you to know precisely what is happening on your web pages. Heat Maps let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay in a particular section, how quickly they travel down your site and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just pure information of what takes place when users land on your web site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you increase user interaction with your site, which creates better sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we list some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors look at and monitor how far down your sales pages your users scroll as a benchmark of how long your site can retain their attention. The software lets you study every single visitor session to help you learn how they interact with your site or specific pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and session playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure visitor sessions on your pages for a few days, a couple of weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see which pages your readers are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that your readers are more interested in. You can also monitor regional location data of your visitors and discover where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMapTracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have published about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where people aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that they may be linking to another area of your site?
- Get ideas on how to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get actionable information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” experiments to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the website’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a page element could be added, edited, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Compare if visitors tend to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your web site.
- Investigate confirmed website security issues or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable products and support. The members area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 separate editions:
- Basic License – Use on one website. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: The cost of purchasing the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software sells for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the software developer when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing information here:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can provide you with important data on things such as how many people are arriving on your website, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your website and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software application can be a great way to do so.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of HeatMap Tracker if you want real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, engagement and to generate more online sales.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracking Plugin