Being able to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as important in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is going on on your web site, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have looked for ways to track and analyze user behavior since web sites were first created. From basic counters that track visitor numbers, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications which capture comprehensively detailed key measurements.
Analyzing visitor behavior is vitally important for the success of your digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but it’s also been shown that past consumer behaviour is the best predictor of future behavior. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than knowing demographics.
While the ability to understand key reports such as the number of unique web users are checking out your website, which pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, which terms are being searched for, unique page views, referring web sites, and so on, is extremely important, wouldn’t it be great to be able to view exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your pages they are staying the longest time on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of your content they are pausing to read more about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy. Web heat maps are used to pinpoint areas in a web page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress website, then you can easily add heat map tracking with recorded visitor session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that visually records your website users’ entire journey and generates live heat maps that show where they click and where they scroll throughout your site content.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool allows you to track every action your visitors make.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more information you have about how your visitors are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific obstacles that have been preventing your users from fully engaging with your site, like unclear navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As a site owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can give you an idea of what links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap will also show you any clicks that visitors are making on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis reveals that readers are clicking on an image that they think is a link, but happens to not be a link, you can quickly edit this by linking the image to the page your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heat maps are one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your web site:
Monitor Everything Visitors Do On Your Web Site
HeatMapTracker records every browsing session on your website, enabling you to see all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control With No Limitations
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no limits on session recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to own the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive free upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional benefits of the script include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your site, you can identify challenges that prevent users from taking desired actions and correct these.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions allow you to observe precisely what happens on your web site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a specific section, how fast they scroll down your content and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just real evidence of what takes place when people visit your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you increase visitor interaction with your site, which increases your online sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time reading and observe how far down the page your users read down to as an indicator of the length of time your web copy can keep them interested. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze each and every user action to help you see how visitors interact with your website or some pages on your site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and session playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record user sessions on your site for a day, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that users care about. You can also analyze regional demographics of your visitors and see which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have submitted for the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these may be linking to another section?
- Get insights on ways to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Conducting “above the fold” testing to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the website’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page could be included, changed, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital services.
- Compare whether users tend to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage with your site.
- Confirm potential website security exploits or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a highly respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing exceptional product quality and support. The members area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in three versions:
- Basic License – Installs on 1 site. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to use on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on as many sites as you want, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: Pricing details of Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price at the time this review was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can give you some important metrics on things such as the number of people visiting your pages, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain a deep understanding into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be extremely useful.
We recommend buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, visitor engagement and to increase your online sales.
For more details, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker