Being able to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your digital presence.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your web site, then how can you get better results?
People have looked for useful methods to track and analyze what is happening since web sites first appeared. From simple counters that track visitors, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics which can deliver very granular key information.
Measuring user behavior is important for a successful business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous visitor behaviour is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than user demographics.
While being able to analyze valuable details like how many visitors are checking out your site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are navigating around in, what links they are clicking on, what parts of the page visitors are most intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps are used to monitor areas on a web page most frequently scanned by web visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and session replays to your collection of essential online analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress and that visually tracks your website visitors’ complete session and creates live heat maps showing where they are clicking and where they are scrolling on your site content.
The HeatMapTracker application also lets you spy on every click your users make.
Go here to learn more about this analytics tool: HeatMapTracker
The more accurate data you have about how your readers engage with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your site visitors from fully benefiting from your website, such as confusing navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As the website owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on your page are being clicked, a heatmap will display any clicks that visitors make on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis reveals that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they think is a link, but turns out not to be a link, you could easily edit this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or make it absolutely clear to your visitors that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best ways to test your site design, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
Capture Everything Users Do On Your Website
HeatMapTracker captures every browsing session on your site, enabling you to record all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The application is hosted on your own server, giving you unlimited session recording and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to buy the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker application include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your site, you can spot obstacles that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ browser sessions let you understand exactly what happens on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which elements users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a particular location, how quickly they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or hoping … just real intel of what takes place when people land on your web site.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you increase user interaction with your site, which creates better online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we discuss several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your content visitors spend more time reading and monitor how far down your page your users scroll down to as a measure of the length of time your sales message can retain their attention. The software lets you review and analyze every single user experience to help you learn how visitors are interacting with your site or particular pages on your site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can capture user sessions on your pages for 1 day, one week, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also see regional location data of your visitors and see where they are coming from.
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what works (i.e. where people click) and what’s not working (where visitors are not going to). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they may be links to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on ways to optimize your landing pages, signup forms, memberships, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Creating “above the fold” experimentation to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any section of the content needs to be added, rearranged, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Test whether visitors tend to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments interact with your site.
- Confirm confirmed site security problems or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to use on one domain. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 domains. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heat maps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: The cost to purchase HeatMap Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software sells for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the product seller when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide useful data on things such as the number of people arriving on your website, how they find it and what they do whilst on your web site. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be extremely useful.
We suggest buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to make more sales of your products or services.
For full details, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracker