Being able to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old business adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, how can you improve your online results?
Business owners have been looking for practical tools to track and understand what visitors are going to do on their web pages since web sites were first created. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics that can record incredibly granular key data.
Knowing user behaviour is vitally important for a successful digital presence, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but testing also shows that previous consumer behavior is the best predictor of future behaviour. It’s an even more more reliable predictor in fact, than user demographics.
While the ability to track valuable metrics such as the number of unique web users are coming to your web site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, average page views, referring web sites, and so on, is highly useful, wouldn’t it be excellent to be able to view exactly what visitors are reading, where they are navigating around in, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your site they are most interested in, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to help pinpoint areas on a web page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay tools.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking and session replays to your collection of essential online analysis tools using a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other programs) and that visually records your site users’ entire journey and generates live heatmaps that show exactly where they are clicking and where they scroll on your site content.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool enables you to record every move your visitors make.
Go here to learn more about this script: HeatMapTracker
The more accurately you know how your visitors are engaging with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your users from fully engaging with your website, such as confusing site navigation layouts, or disruptive adverts. As the site owner, you can guide your readers to complete certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on a page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can display any clicks that visitors make on your site, whether they are links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly fix this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your readers that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, see how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to track user behavior on your site:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Site
The script records every user browsing movement on your website, enabling you to view all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The script is hosted on your server, giving you no restrictions on session recording and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to own the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited software updates and added features for life.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your website, you can spot problems preventing users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve visitor engagement.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The video recordings of your visitors’ sessions show you exactly what takes place on your web pages. Overlays let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a particular area, how fast they travel down your pages and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just accurate evidence of what takes place when people come to your site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase visitor interaction with your site, which improves online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we’ll present a few of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time on and see how far down your page your users scroll down to as a measure of how long your web copy can keep them engaged. HeatMapTracker lets you study every single user action to help you learn how users interact with your website or some pages on the web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and session playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can record users on your website for a few days, a couple of weeks, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded visitor sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see the top pages your users are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving content that your visitors are more interested in. You can also monitor regional demographics of all visitors and discover where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback users have published about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where users aren’t going to). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that they may link to another section?
- Get ideas on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Creating “above the fold” tests to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any content could be added, rearranged, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Test if users prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Investigate suspected website security and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a highly respected online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional products and support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
Product License Price
HeatMap Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on as many sites as you like, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Current pricing for the HeatMap Tracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product sells for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with useful metrics on things such as the number of people landing on your site, how they found it and what they do whilst visiting your website. However, if you want to really gain deep knowledge into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be very practical.
We recommend that you consider getting a copy of HeatMapTracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to get more sales.
For more information, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & HeatMap Tracking Plugin