Being able to track and monitor the behavior of visitors and users on your site is absolutely vital to the success of your digital presence.
The old adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when visitors arrive on your web site, how will you get better results online?
People have been searching for ways to track and understand what visitors are doing in their internet sites since web sites first appeared. From basic tracking counters, to very powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications that capture very granular measurements.
Tracking user behaviour is important for the success of your digital business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous user behaviour is the best way to predict future behavior. It’s a better indicator, in fact, than user demographics.
Although the ability to understand key data such as the number of unique visitors are arriving on your website, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your website for, keywords searched, average page views, referring pages, etc …, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it be fantastic to know exactly what users are reading, where on your pages they are navigating through, which links they are clicking on, what parts of your page visitors are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this possible. Website heat maps have been used for displaying areas in a web page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and recorded user session replays to your arsenal of essential online analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other web applications) and that visually tracks your site users’ entire journey and generates live heatmaps showing where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site content.
HeatMapTracker application allows you to see your website from your visitor’s unique perspective.
More info: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users engage with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific challenges that are preventing your users from fully engaging with your site, such as unclear navigation layouts, or disruptive design elements. As the website owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or clicking on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of what links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap can also reveal any clicks that visitors are making on your site, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heatmap analysis reveals that users are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you could easily repair this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is not a link.
In short, heatmaps can be one of the best methods to test the design of your site, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behaviour on your web site:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Site
HeatMapTracker captures every browsing session on your site, allowing you to record all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control Without Restrictions
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unlimited session recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to own the HeatMapTracker application, after which you are then entitled to receive free updates and future enhancements.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can identify obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and correct these.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your users’ sessions allow you to observe precisely what takes place on your site. Screen overlays let you see exactly which buttons and links users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a particular area, how fast they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or hoping … just factual data of what happens when users move around your website.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your site, which improves sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we list a few of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker provides many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors spend more time on and observe how far down the page your users scroll down to as a benchmark of how long your sales message can engage them for. The software lets you review and analyze each and every visitor experience to see how visitors interact with your website or particular pages on your website.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can capture user sessions on your website for a few days, a week or two, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on the content that your visitors are more interested in. You can also view regional location data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just a few of the testimonials that users have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where users are clicking) and what’s not working (where users are not going to). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they lead to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on how to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful information prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a section of your content needs to be added, modified, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Compare if users prefer to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your website.
- Troubleshoot confirmed website security weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust products and customer support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
Product License Cost
Heat Map Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to use on 1 domain. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional licenses (click tracking, heat maps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on as many sites as you like, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Current pricing for the HeatMapTracker software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with great metrics on things such as the number of people landing on your pages, how they find it and what they are doing whilst visiting your site. However, if you want to truly gain deep knowledge into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics tool can be a great way to do this.
We suggest buying a license of Heat Map Tracker if you need real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to increase your online sales.
For more details, visit the software website here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracker