The ability to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important in the digital age as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Website users have been searching for useful tools to track and understand visitor behavior since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications which can deliver incredibly detailed metrics.
Knowing visitor behaviour is vitally important for a successful digital presence, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but research also proves that previous user behaviour is the best predictor of future behavior. It’s a more reliable indicator in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
While being able to track valuable metrics such as how many unique visitors are checking out your website, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, what keywords are being searched for, average page views, referring sites, etc …, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to view precisely what users are reading, where they are staying the longest time on, what links they are clicking on, which parts of your site visitors are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps can be used to help pinpoint areas in a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and recorded session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other web programs) and that visually records your website users’ entire session and generates live heatmaps showing where they are clicking and where they are scrolling on your pages.
HeatMapTracker application allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
The more you know how your readers engage with your web pages, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your prospects from fully engaging with your site, such as unclear navigation layouts, or distracting adverts. As the website owner, you can guide your visitors to perform certain actions, such as opting into a newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on a page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will reveal any clicks that visitors make on your site, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on an image that they think is a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you would be able to easily remedy this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the most useful methods to test your site design, measure how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
See Everything Users Are Doing On Your Web Site
The script captures every user browsing movement on your site, allowing you to observe all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Full Control With No Limitations
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no-limit session recording and pageviews.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the software, which entitles you to receive unlimited software updates and all future enhancements for life.
Some additional benefits of the application include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors experience your web site, you can spot problem areas preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve visitor engagement.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions reveal exactly what is taking place on your site. Heatmaps let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a particular area, how far they travel down your pages and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just factual data of what goes on when visitors visit your web pages.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase user engagement with your site, which improves your sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss a few of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker provides many great features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Ready to use in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors spend more time on and see how far down your product pages your users read down to as a measure of how long your site or content can retain their attention. The software lets you review and analyze every single visitor session to help you see how visitors interact with your site or certain pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and visitor session playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on user sessions on your pages for a few days, a few weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on the content that users care about. You can also review regional location data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just some testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have submitted for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where users are not clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these may be links to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on how to refine your landing pages, signup forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get insights prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any new content could be included, changed, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital services.
- Compare if users prefer to click on images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your web site.
- Review potential site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and product support. The product download area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic License – Allows you to use on one website. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, browser recording, unlimited recording / page views, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on as many sites as you like, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: The cost of purchasing HeatMap Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the product is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the software seller when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide useful metrics on things such as how many people are arriving on your website, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and your content is helping your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics service can be extremely useful.
We suggest purchasing a license of HeatMapTracker if you need real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to make more web sales.
For complete details, visit the software website: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracker