Being able to understand the behavior of visitors on your web site is absolutely vital to your online success.
The adage ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, then how would you improve your results online?
Business owners have been looking for ways to track and analyze what visitors are going to do in their internet sites since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications which can record and let users see incredibly fine information.
Analyzing visitor behavior is vitally important for a successful digital marketing and content strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also confirms that past user behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to analyze key information such as the number of unique web visitors are exploring your web site, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your website for, keyword searches, page views, referring websites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it be useful to track precisely what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are staying the longest period on, which links they are clicking on, what parts of your page they are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps have been used to help pinpoint areas of a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress website, then you can easily add heat map tracking and video session replays to your business tool box using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress and that visually tracks your website users’ complete journey and generates live heatmaps showing where they click and where they scroll throughout your site content.
HeatMapTracker application enables you to see your website from your visitor’s unique point of view.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your site visitors from fully engaging with your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or disruptive adverts. As the site owner, you can guide your visitors to complete certain actions, such as joining a newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you which links on your page visitors are clicking, a heatmap will reveal any clicks that users are making on your site, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that readers are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you would be able to easily edit this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your readers that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to track user behavior on your website:
Capture Everything Users Do On Your Web Pages
HeatMap Tracker creates a video of every browsing session on your web site, enabling you to see all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The script is hosted on your server, giving you no restrictions on session recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to buy the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and future enhancements.
Additional script benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your website, you can uncover problems that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve user engagement.
- Stop Guessing User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions show you precisely what is taking place on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a particular location, how quickly they travel down your site and more! No more guesses or hoping … just pure data of what happens when users visit your web site.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which improves your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we go over some of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors spend more time reading and measure how far down your sales pages your visitors scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your site can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze each and every user experience to help you see how visitors are interacting with your website or some pages on the website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure visitor sessions on your web pages for one day, one week, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your users are more interested in. You can also view regional location data of all visitors and see which part of the world they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have submitted regarding the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what works (i.e. where users are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where users are not clicking). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that these lead to another section?
- Get actionable information on how to optimize your landing pages, signup forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” experimentation to improve your website’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any content could be inserted, changed, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Test if visitors prefer to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact with your site.
- Troubleshoot potential website security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable products and product support. The member download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in three separate versions:
- Basic License – Allows you to install on one domain. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: Price details for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the product is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics can give you some good information on things such as how many people are landing on your pages, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be very practical.
We suggest buying a license of HeatMap Tracker if you need live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help improve your user-experience, visitor engagement and for increasing sales of your products or services.
To learn more, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker