The ability to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your site is absolutely important to the success of your business online.
The business saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your site, how would you get better results?
Website users have looked for useful tools to track and understand user behaviour since web sites first appeared. From simple counters that track the number of visitors, to very powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics that record and let you see very granular metrics.
Knowing visitor behaviour is vitally important for a successful web site, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also shows that past user behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than consumer demographics.
Although being able to understand key details like how many unique visitors are checking out your site, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, what keywords are being searched for, page views, referring sites, and so on, is vitally important, wouldn’t it also be useful to be able to track precisely what visitors are reading, where on your site they are navigating through, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the site they are most intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this possible. Web heat maps can be used to help locate areas of a web page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your arsenal of essential site analysis tools with a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other website programs) and that lets you record your website visitors’ every movement and generates live heat maps showing precisely where they click and where they are scrolling throughout your pages.
HeatMapTracker software allows you to track every click your users make.
Learn more about the software here: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your users are engaging with your web pages, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your users from fully benefiting from your website, such as unclear navigation elements, or disruptive ads. As the site owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as signing up to your newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap can display any clicks that users are making on your site, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that readers are clicking on a graphic element which they think is a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could easily remedy this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is just a design element.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to track visitor behavior on your website:
Capture Everything Users Do On Your Web Pages
The application captures every user browsing session on your website, enabling you to monitor all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The script is self-hosted, giving you no restrictions on session recordings and playbacks.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to buy the script, which then entitles you to receive lifetime updates and enhancements.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your site, you can identify difficulties that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and reach your site benchmarks.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behaviour: The video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions show you exactly what is happening on your website. Screen overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay on a specific section, how fast they travel down your pages and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just real evidence of what happens when people navigate around your site.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you improve user interaction with your site, which increases your sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to do this and we’ll present some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker offers many great features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your content visitors spend more time view and see how far down your page your visitors scroll down to as an average of how long your web copy can keep them interested. The software lets you analyze each and every visitor action to help you learn how visitors are interacting with your website or specific pages on your website.
- Unlimited session recording and user session playbacks. Do you need to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record user sessions on your website for a few days, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on pages that users care about. You can also view regional location data of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just a few of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have published about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where users aren’t clicking). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that these may link to another section?
- Get useful information on ways to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, navigation, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Create “above the fold” testing to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your landing page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if an element on your page should be inserted, edited, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital services.
- Analyze if users tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage with your site.
- Review potential website security problems and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and support. The product download area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on 1 website. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click tracking, heat maps, session recording, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Pricing for the HeatMapTracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing shown above was current at the time this content was published. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide useful information on things such as the number of people coming to your site, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst visiting your web pages. However, to truly gain deep knowledge into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heatmap analytics software application can be a great way to do so.
We recommend that you consider buying a license of HeatMapTracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and to get more sales of your products or services.
To learn more, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker