The ability to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is very important to the success of your digital presence.
The old management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how can you know what areas need improving?
Businesses have been looking for ways to track and analyze visitor behaviour since web sites were first invented. From basic tracking counters, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that can record detailed measurements.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is important for the success of your website, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been proven that past consumer behaviour is the best way to predict future behaviour. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than knowing user demographics.
Although the ability to monitor valuable details like the number of visitors are coming to your web site, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, average page views, referring pages, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to know precisely what users are clicking on, where on your site they are staying the longest time on, which links they are clicking on, what areas of the site they are most intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heatmaps can be used to review areas of a web site page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress web site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your web site visitors’ entire journey and generates live heatmaps showing where users click and where they are scrolling throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool lets you see your site from your visitor’s perspective.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
The more accurate data you have about how your visitors interact with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact barriers that are preventing your site visitors from fully benefiting from your site, like unclear site navigation layouts, or disruptive design elements. As a site owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as join a newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can also show you any clicks that users make on your page, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a link, you can quickly remedy this by adding a link to the image, or make it absolutely clear to your visitors that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the most useful methods to test the design of your site, measure how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your site:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker creates a video of every visitor movement on your website, allowing you to view all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no limits on session recording and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to own the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and enhancements.
Additional benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors experience your site, you can uncover obstacles that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and correct these.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions show you exactly what is taking place on your website. Heatmaps let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they browse on a particular area, how quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just factual information of what happens when visitors move around your website.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you improve visitor engagement with your site, which increases sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we’ll list a number of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker includes many great features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors look at and monitor how far down your product pages your visitors scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your site can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze every single visitor experience to help you learn how users are interacting with your site or certain pages on the site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can record users on your site for one day, a few weeks, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded user sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your users are more interested in. You can also view regional location data of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials that customers have written about HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where people are not going to). For example, are users engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these are links to another section?
- Get insights on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” tests to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether any section of the content should be inserted, reworked, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Test whether visitors prefer to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your site.
- Diagnose potential site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering great product quality and customer support. The members area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 different versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heat maps, session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: The price of the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price set by the plugin author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services such as Google Analytics can give you some useful metrics on things such as the number of people landing on your site, how they found it and what they are doing whilst visiting your web pages. However, if you want to truly gain deeper insights into how your website and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do so.
We recommend purchasing a copy of HeatMap Tracker if you want real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, engagement and for generating more sales of your products or services.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin