The ability to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely important to the success of your digital business.
The business management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is going on on your website, then how would you get better results online?
People have looked for ways to track and analyze what is happening since web sites were first introduced. From basic tracking counters, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications that can track and display comprehensively detailed key data.
Tracking visitor behaviour is vitally important for a successful website, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but it’s also been proven over and over that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
Although being able to analyze statistical reports such as the number of visitors are coming to your website, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, page views, referring pages, and so on, is highly essential, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are visiting the longest period on, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what areas of the site visitors are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy. Web heatmaps can be used to monitor areas in a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your collection of essential site analysis tools with an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that lets you record your site visitors’ complete journey and generates live heatmaps showing where users click and where they are scrolling throughout your site.
HeatMapTracker analytics tool allows you to track every action your users make.
For more details, visit the script site here: HeatMapTracker
The more you know how your readers interact with your web site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that are preventing your prospects from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As a site owner, you can encourage your readers to complete certain actions, such as opt into a newsletter or click on specific links.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can also display any clicks that visitors are making on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is an important difference because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you can easily fix this by adding a link to the image, or make it clear to your readers that the image is not a link.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the best methods to test the design of your site, see how readable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track visitor behavior on your site:
Capture Everything Users Are Doing On Your Web Site
HeatMapTracker creates a video of every user browsing session on your site, allowing you to monitor all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control Without Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no limits on session recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to own the HeatMapTracker script, which entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and enhancements.
Additional benefits of the HeatMapTracker software include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your site, you can spot obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and reach your site goals.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behavior: The video recordings of your users’ browser sessions reveal precisely what is taking place on your web pages. Overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover in a specific spot, how quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or hoping … just pure metrics of what takes place when visitors explore your website.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve user interaction with your site, which creates better online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker offers many great features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether users are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors eyes are drawn to and measure how far down your sales or product pages your users scroll as an average of how long your site can keep them engaged. The software lets you analyze each and every visitor experience to help you see how users interact with your website or specific pages on your site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and user session playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMap Tracker you can measure user sessions on your website for 1 day, a few weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see the top pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your visitors care about. You can also access regional demographics of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how HeatMapTracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials plugin customers have provided for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where people are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where users aren’t clicking). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these link to somewhere else?
- Get practical data on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Creating “above the fold” experiments to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the site’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page needs to be added, rearranged, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Test if users tend to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your website.
- Confirm confirmed site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly respected online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust products and product support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker is available in 3 editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten domains. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on as many sites as you like, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web service providers. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: Pricing details of Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was current at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide you with very useful information on things such as the number of people visiting your site, how they found it and what they are doing during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain a deep understanding into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics software tool can be extremely useful.
We suggest buying a copy of HeatMapTracker if you need real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, engagement and for generating more sales of your products or services.
For full details, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Software