The ability to track and monitor visitor behavior is absolutely important to the success of your business online.
The management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your website, then how can you know what needs to be improved?
Business owners have been looking for accurate ways to track and understand user behavior since web sites first appeared. From simple counters that track visitors, to very powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which can record and display incredibly detailed key data.
Understanding user behavior is very important for the success of your digital presence, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also confirms that previous visitor behaviour is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than knowing consumer demographics.
While the ability to see key reports such as the number of unique web users are exploring your web site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your website for, keyword searches, average page views, referring websites, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to view exactly what visitors are doing, where on your site they are visiting the longest for, what links they are clicking on, which parts of your page they are pausing to read more about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this possible. Website heatmaps have been used to analyze areas in a website page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other web programs) and that visually records your website users’ complete session and generates live heatmaps showing exactly where they are clicking and where they are scrolling on your website.
The HeatMapTracker application also enables you to track every move your visitors make.
Learn more here: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more information you have about how your readers are interacting with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your prospects from fully accessing your website, like confusing site navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As a website owner, you can help your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you which links on a web page visitors are clicking, a heatmap can reveal any clicks that visitors are making on your page, whether these are links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heatmap report reveals that users are clicking on an image which they think is a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you would be able to easily repair this by linking the image to the page your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your readers that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the most useful methods to test the design of your website, see how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behavior on your website:
See Everything Users Are Doing On Your Website
HeatMap Tracker captures every user browsing movement on your web site, allowing you to monitor all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The software allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on session recording and playbacks.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to own the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and enhancements for life.
Some additional application benefits include:
- Improve Your Marketing: By seeing how visitors navigate your web pages, you can discover obstacles that prevent users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions show you exactly what is happening on your web pages. Heatmaps let you know exactly which buttons and links users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse in a particular section, how far and quickly they travel down your content and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just real evidence of what happens when visitors come to your site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you improve user engagement with your business, which improves your online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll present a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMapTracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors look at and observe how far down your product pages your users scroll down to as an indicator of the length of time your web copy can keep them engaged. HeatMapTracker lets you analyze every single user action to see how visitors interact with your site or some pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can record visitor sessions on your website for a few days, a week or two, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily see the top pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your users care about. You can also analyze regional location data of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback customers have provided for HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your results:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where users aren’t going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that they may link to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on ways to optimize your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get actionable data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Perform “above the fold” experiments to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any section of the content should be included, modified, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for online marketing services.
- Test if users tend to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage with your website.
- Confirm suspected website security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and support. The members area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Allows you to use on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for digital marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost to purchase HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin is selling for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics provide important metrics on things such as how many people are arriving on your site, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to really gain an understanding into how your website and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend getting a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you need live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, engagement and to increase online sales.
For complete details, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker