The ability to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors and users on your website is absolutely vital to the success of your digital presence.
The old business adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web pages, then how can you improve your results online?
Website users have been looking for useful tools to track and understand user behaviour since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics and other applications which can record detailed key information.
Knowing visitor behavior is important for the success of your marketing strategy, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but testing also shows that past visitor behavior is the best way to predict future behavior. It’s a better predictor, in fact, than visitor demographics.
Although the ability to track key information such as how many unique visitors are exploring your site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which keywords are being searched for, page views, referring pages, etc …, is highly useful, wouldn’t it also be great to track precisely what visitors are clicking on, where they are navigating through for the longest periods, what links they are clicking on, what parts of the content visitors are mostly intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy. Website heat maps have been used to display areas on a web site page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress-powered site, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking with recorded user session replays to your arsenal of essential web site analysis tools with a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your web site users’ every movement and creates instant heatmaps that show where they click and where they are scrolling throughout your site.
The HeatMapTracker application allows you to see your site from your visitor’s unique point of view.
Go here to learn more about this analytics tool: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The more you know how your users interact with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific obstacles that have been preventing your readers from fully accessing your site, such as unclear navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As a website owner, you can encourage your users to perform certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or clicking on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you which links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can display any clicks that users make on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heat map analysis reveals that readers are clicking on a graphic element which they think is a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you could quickly change this by linking the image to the destination your users are trying to get to, or make it clear to your users that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps can be one of the best ways to test your site design, see how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to track visitor behavior on your site:
Record Everything Visitors Do On Your Web Site
HeatMap Tracker creates a screen video of every visitor session on your site, allowing you to record all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no-limit session recording and pageviews.
Free Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to own the HeatMapTracker script, after which you are then entitled to receive lifetime upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional software benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web site, you can uncover obstacles that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and correct these.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your users’ browser sessions show you exactly what is happening on your web site. Heatmaps let you see exactly which elements users click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse on a particular section, how far and quickly they scroll down your content and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just accurate information of what goes on when visitors explore your website.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve user engagement with your business, which improves online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll present a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors look at and observe how far down the page your users read down to as a measure of the length of time your site or content can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you analyze every single visitor action to help you understand how they are interacting with your website or certain pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can spy on visitors on your web pages for a few days, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see which pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that visitors care about. You can also access regional demographics of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker stacks up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials that customers have provided for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker – Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t going to). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that these may link to another destination?
- Get useful information on how to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Performing “above the fold” experiments to improve your site’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether a section of the content could be included, modified, or deleted.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Compare whether users tend to click on images vs buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact with your web site.
- Review confirmed site security and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products developed by Mark Thompson, a recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust product quality and support. The product download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one site. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Pricing for Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing shown above was correct at the time this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can give you some good metrics on things such as how many people are visiting your pages, how they found it and what they do whilst on your website. However, if you want to truly gain a deep understanding into how your web site and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software tool can be very useful.
We suggest buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you need real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and for generating more sales of your products or services.
For complete details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracking Plugin