Being able to track and see the behavior of visitors on your site is absolutely important to the success of your digital presence.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your web site, how can you improve your online results?
Business owners have been searching for ways to track and analyze what is happening since web sites were first invented. From basic counters that track visitor numbers, to very powerful and sophisticated analytical tools like Google Analytics which can record detailed measurements.
Understanding user behaviour is vitally important for the success of your digital marketing strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but it’s also been proven over and over that past user behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than consumer demographics.
Although being able to view valuable data like the number of unique visitors are exploring your site, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keywords searched, unique page views, referring websites, etc …, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it also be excellent to be able to track exactly what users are clicking on, where on your site they are visiting the longest for, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the content they are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps have been used to review areas in a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with video session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that works with WordPress and that lets you record your web site visitors’ complete session and generates instant heatmaps showing exactly where users are clicking and where they scroll throughout your website.
HeatMapTracker application also lets you spy on every click your users make.
Go here to learn more about this analytics tool: HeatMap Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers interact with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your users from fully benefiting from your website, like unclear navigation elements, or distracting banner ads. As the site owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as join your newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you which links on a page are being clicked, a heat map will also reveal any clicks that visitors are making on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but is actually not a link, you could quickly remedy this by adding a link to the image, or let your visitors know that the image is not a hyperlink.
In short, heat maps can be one of the most useful methods to test your site design, see how navigatable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to track visitor behaviour on your website:
Capture Everything Users Are Doing On Your Web Pages
Heat Map Tracker records every browsing movement on your site, allowing you to view all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The script is hosted on your server, giving you unlimited session recording and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to purchase the script, which entitles you to receive unlimited updates and enhancements.
Some additional application benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your website, you can identify challenges that prevent users from taking desired actions and improve user engagement.
- Stop Guessing About User Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions reveal precisely what is happening on your site. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a particular location, how far they travel down your site and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just factual data of what takes place when visitors visit your website.
- Increase Online Sales: Heat Map Tracker lets you improve user interaction with your site, which creates better online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we list several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your virtual real estate visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your sales or product pages your visitors scroll as a measure of the length of time your site or content can retain their attention. The software lets you study each and every visitor experience to see how they are interacting with your site or certain pages on your site.
- Unlimited session recording and user session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can spy on user sessions on your site for a day, a week or two, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on pages that visitors care about. You can also analyze regional demographics of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just some testimonials that users have written about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where users are not clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images believing that they are links to another section?
- Get useful data on ways to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, subscriptions, navigation, etc.
- Get actionable data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful information prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- conduct “above the fold” testing to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if an element on your page could be included, edited, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital services.
- Compare whether users prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your website.
- Investigate potential site security issues and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products owned by Mark Thompson, a respected online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust products and support. The members area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in 3 different versions:
- Basic License – Single use only. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Allows you to install on up to 10 domains. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heat maps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price shown above was correct at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
For a demo video of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics provide good data on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain an insight into how your site and your content is helping your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be very useful.
We suggest getting a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization for better, engagement and to increase sales of your products or services.
For more details, visit the software website here: Heat Map Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Software