Being able to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The old business management adage ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your site, then how can you improve your online results?
Website users have looked for ways to track and understand visitor behaviour since web sites were first invented. From basic tracking counters, to powerful statistical tracking software like Google Analytics that provide very detailed information.
Measuring visitor behavior is vitally important for the success of your web site, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but testing also shows that previous consumer behavior is the best way to predict future behaviour. It’s a better indicator, in fact, than knowing visitor demographics.
Although being able to analyze key information like how many unique web users are arriving on your website, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, which terms people are searching for, page views, referring sites, etc …, is extremely important, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to view exactly what users are doing, where on your site they are staying the longest period on, which links they are clicking on, what parts of the content they are browsing, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps can be used to locate areas of a web site page most frequently scanned by web visitors. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and recorded session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other applications) and that lets you track your site users’ entire journey and generates instant heatmaps that show where users click and where they are scrolling on your web site.
The HeatMapTracker application also enables you to record every move your visitors make.
Learn more about the analytics tool here: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your users interact with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific barriers that prevent your site visitors from fully accessing your site, such as confusing site navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As a site owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or clicking on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on your page visitors are clicking, a heat map will also show you any clicks that users are making on your site, regardless of whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image which they think is a link, but is actually not a link, you would be able to easily edit this by linking the image to the page your visitors are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not a link.
In short, heatmaps can be one of the most useful ways to test your site design, measure how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your web site:
Record Everything Users Are Doing On Your Web Pages
Heat Map Tracker records every visitor movement on your website, allowing you to record all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no limits on recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the HeatMapTracker application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and all future enhancements for life.
Some additional benefits of the Heat Map Tracker application include:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your site, you can spot problems preventing users from taking desired actions and improve visitor engagement.
- Stop Guessing Visitor Behavior: The video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions reveal exactly what takes place on your web pages. Heatmaps let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific spot, how far and quickly they scroll down your site and more! No more guesses or making wrong assumptions … just real data of what happens when users move around your web site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you improve user engagement with your business, which increases your online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we go over several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMapTracker provides many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your sales pages your users scroll as an indicator of the length of time your website and/or sales copy can keep them engaged. Heat Map Tracker lets you study every single visitor action to help you see how visitors interact with your site or particular pages on the website.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can record visitors on your pages for a few days, a few weeks, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see which pages your users are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your users care about. You can also access regional demographics of all visitors and see where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin customers have submitted for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Understand what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where users are not going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that they link to another area of your site?
- Get insights on ways to improve your landing pages, signup forms, subscriptions, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Perform “above the fold” experimentation to improve your website’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether an element on the page needs to be included, rearranged, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for online marketing services.
- Compare if visitors tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments interact within your site.
- Analyze potential site security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable products and product support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in three versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Use on one website. Price = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heat maps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Pricing details of the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the product seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide great information on things such as how many people are coming to your website, how they are finding it and what they do whilst visiting your site. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heat map analytics tool can be very practical.
We suggest purchasing a license of HeatMap Tracker if you want real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to get more web sales.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracking Plugin