Being able to track and monitor the behavior of visitors and users on your website or blog is absolutely important to the success of your business online.
The old management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web site, how would you get better results?
Business owners have looked for useful methods to track and understand what is happening since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics which can track comprehensively detailed key metrics.
Learning about user behaviour is important for a successful digital business, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but testing also shows that previous user behaviour is the best way to predict future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than visitor demographics.
While the ability to track key details like the number of unique web visitors are arriving on your web site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring sites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it also be excellent to be able to know exactly what visitors are reading, where on your site they are staying the longest for, what links they are clicking on, what areas of your page visitors are most interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Web heatmaps have been used to help locate areas on a website page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps can also be used alongside other forms of statistical software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your arsenal of key site analysis tools with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually records your website users’ every movement and creates live heatmaps showing exactly where they are clicking and where they are scrolling on your pages.
The HeatMapTracker application lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your web site.
To learn more about this software go here: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your users interact with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact barriers that have been preventing your readers from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As a website owner, you can encourage your visitors to complete certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you which links on your web page are being clicked, a heatmap can reveal any clicks that visitors make on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis reveals that users are clicking on an image which they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you can easily fix this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or make it clear to your users that the image is not linked.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the most useful ways to test your site design, measure how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to track user behavior on your web site:
See Everything Visitors Do On Your Website
HeatMapTracker captures every visitor movement on your website, enabling you to see all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The software is hosted on your own server, giving you no restrictions on recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to own the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and new features for free.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they browse your website, you can uncover problem areas preventing users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and reach your site objectives.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The video playbacks of your users’ sessions let you understand exactly what happens on your website. Heat Maps let you see exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover in a particular section, how fast they scroll down your content and more! No more guessing or making wrong assumptions … just accurate evidence of what happens when users land on your site.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your business, which increases your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll list some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker provides many unique features for web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your content visitors spend more time on and monitor how far down your sales pages your users scroll down to as a measure of how long your web copy can retain their attention. The software lets you study every single user action to see how visitors are interacting with your site or some pages on your website.
- Unlimited visitor screen captures and user session playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMapTracker you can spy on visitor sessions on your site for one day, a couple of weeks, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see which pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on pages that users care about. You can also monitor regional demographic data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials and feedback that plugin customers have published about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMapTracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where people are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where people are not clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that they are links to another area of your site?
- Get actionable information on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, checkout processes, navigation, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get actionable information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- conduct “above the fold” experimentation to improve your home page’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your site’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section could be included, rearranged, or deleted.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for online marketing services.
- Compare whether users tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Diagnose potential website security issues or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and product support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
Heat Map Tracker comes in 3 separate editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single domain only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Current pricing for HeatMap Tracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can provide very useful information on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they are finding it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to truly gain an insight into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your business online, then a heat map analytics application can be a very practical way to do so.
We recommend getting a copy of HeatMapTracker if you want real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, engagement and to get more sales.
For more details, visit the software website: Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Software