Being able to track and see the behavior of visitors and users on your website is absolutely vital to your online success.
The management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true today as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web site, then how can you know what areas of your site need to be improved?
Website users have looked for smart methods to track and understand what is happening since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics which provide incredible data.
Tracking user behaviour is very important for the success of your digital marketing strategy, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been proven over and over that previous consumer behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than user demographics.
Although being able to analyze statistical information like how many web users are coming to your website, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring sites, and so on, is highly useful, wouldn’t it also be great to track exactly what visitors are reading, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest time periods, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your content they are pausing on, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Website heat maps have been used to monitor areas of a web site page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of statistical software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and recorded user session replays to your collection of key business analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress and that lets you record your website visitors’ every movement and creates live heatmaps showing exactly where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your website.
The HeatMapTracker software allows you to see your site from your visitor’s unique point of view.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your users interact with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that are preventing your site visitors from fully engaging with your website, such as unclear site navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As a website owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as sign up to a newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a page are being clicked, a heat map can show you any clicks that users make on your site, whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that visitors are clicking on an image that they imagine to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you could quickly change this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the most useful ways to test your site design, see how readable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using HeatMapTracker to track visitor behavior on your web site:
Monitor Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
HeatMapTracker creates a playback video of every user browsing session on your site, allowing you to observe all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The software is hosted on your own server, giving you unlimited recordings and playbacks.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to purchase the software, which then entitles you to receive lifetime upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your website, you can discover problems that prevent users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions let you observe precisely what is happening on your web site. Screen overlays let you see exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they browse on a specific location, how fast they travel down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just factual evidence of what goes on when users land on your web site.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMapTracker helps you increase user engagement with your site, which improves your sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll list some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker provides many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time view and measure how far down the page your visitors scroll as a measure of how long your web copy can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze every single user experience to help you learn how visitors interact with your site or some pages on your web site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can record users on your pages for a few days, a week or two, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded visitor sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly view the top pages your readers are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that users care about. You can also review regional demographic data of your visitors and discover where they are coming from.
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback users have published about the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Learn what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where users are not clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these link to somewhere else?
- Get ideas on ways to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Creating “above the fold” tests to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any content section needs to be added, edited, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for online marketing services.
- Compare if users prefer to click on images vs buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your web site.
- Analyze potential website security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and product support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single license only. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Licensed for up to 10 websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the other licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web development agencies. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Please Note: Pricing for the HeatMap Tracker software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the price when this review was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can give you some great information on things such as how many people are finding your site, how they found it and what they do whilst on your web site. However, to really gain a deep understanding into how your web site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics application can be extremely practical.
We recommend that you consider getting a copy of HeatMapTracker if you want real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, engagement and for generating more sales of your products or services.
For more information, visit the software website here: HeatMap Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracking Software