Being able to understand visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your digital business.
The old management saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your website, how can you get better results?
Business owners have looked for practical methods to track and understand what is happening since websites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications which can record incredibly fine data.
Measuring user behavior is very important for the success of your online business strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but research also proves that past consumer behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than knowing consumer demographics.
Although the ability to see valuable details such as how many web users are arriving on your website, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your website for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, and so on, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it be great to be able to know exactly what visitors are doing, where on your pages they are navigating through for the longest periods, what links they are clicking on, what parts of your content visitors are most intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this possible. Website heat maps have been used to locate areas of a web site page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking with session replays to your collection of key web site analysis tools with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress and that visually records your web site users’ movements and creates instant heat maps that show exactly where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your web pages.
HeatMapTracker application lets you look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your site.
More info: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your readers are interacting with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing navigation elements, or distracting ads. As the site owner, you can help your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as joining a newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of which links on a web page are being clicked, a heatmap will also display any clicks that visitors make on your page, whether these are links or not. This is a significant difference because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could easily remedy this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is not a link.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best ways to test the design of your site, measure how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to track user behaviour on your web site:
Record Everything Users Are Doing On Your Website
Heat Map Tracker captures every visitor session on your website, allowing you to capture all page clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control Without Limitations
The software is self-hosted, giving you no limits on recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to buy the script, which then entitles you to receive free upgrades and enhancements.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing: By seeing how visitors navigate your web site, you can uncover challenges preventing users from taking desired actions and reach your site goals.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The video playbacks of your visitors’ browsing sessions allow you to observe exactly what is taking place on your site. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they hover in a specific spot, how quickly they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just accurate information of what happens when users visit your site.
- Increase Website Sales: HeatMapTracker lets you improve visitor interaction with your business, which improves your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we list some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your page your visitors scroll down to as a benchmark of the length of time your sales message can keep them engaged. HeatMap Tracker lets you study every single visitor session to see how they interact with your site or certain pages on your site.
- Unlimited session screen captures and playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on visitor sessions on your web pages for a few days, a week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded user sessions the heat map analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly view which pages your users are gravitating towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your visitors care about. You can also monitor regional demographics of all visitors and discover where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have written about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what’s not working (where users aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that they may be links to somewhere else?
- Get useful data on ways to improve your landing pages, signup forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get actionable information prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Conducting “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the home page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on your page needs to be added, rearranged, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Test whether visitors prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your web site.
- Review confirmed site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering robust product quality and support. The member download area contains video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in three versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Installs on 1 website. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional License – Allows you to install on up to 10 sites. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click tracking, heat maps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for digital marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Price details for the HeatMap Tracker software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product author when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing here:
For a demo video of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can give you some good information on things such as how many people are coming to your pages, how they found it and what they are doing whilst on your site. However, to truly gain deep knowledge into how your site and your content is helping your visitors to interact with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics application can be a great way to do this.
We recommend purchasing a license of HeatMap Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and for generating more online sales.
For more information, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracking Software