The ability to track the behavior of visitors and users on your web site is absolutely important to your online success.
The business saying ”you can’t manage what you don’t measure” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, then how will you know what aspects of your web site can be improved?
Businesses have looked for smart methods to track and analyze what visitors are doing in their sites since web sites were first developed. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your page, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics which provide detailed key metrics.
Analyzing user behaviour is vitally important for a successful marketing strategy, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also shows that previous user behaviour is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. Better, in fact, than knowing user demographics.
Although being able to analyze key metrics like how many web visitors are visiting your website, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which terms are being searched for, page views, referring pages, etc …, is extremely useful, wouldn’t it also be useful to track precisely what users are reading, where they are navigating through, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which areas of your site they are browsing, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Website heatmaps can be used to help pinpoint areas on a web site page that web visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your business tool box with an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software tool.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software application that works with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that lets you visually record your website visitors’ movements and creates live heat maps that show where users are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site content.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your site.
Learn more here: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your users are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your visitors from fully accessing your site, such as confusing navigation layouts, or distracting design elements. As the site owner, you can guide your site visitors to perform certain actions, such as signing up to a newsletter or clicking on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can show you what links on your web page users are clicking, a heatmap can also show you any clicks that visitors are making on your page, whether these are actual links or not. This is a significant benefit because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you could quickly edit this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, measure how readable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor user behaviour on your web site:
Record Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
HeatMapTracker captures every user browsing session on your web site, enabling you to view all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control With No Limitations
The software is hosted on your server, giving you unlimited session recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to buy the software, which entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and new features for free.
Additional benefits of the software include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your website, you can identify issues that prevent visitors from taking desired actions and improve user engagement.
- No More Guessing User Behavior: The video recordings of your visitors’ browser sessions allow you to see precisely what is taking place on your website. Heat Maps let you see exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a particular spot, how fast they navigate down your content and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just accurate evidence of what happens when visitors move around your website.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker lets you improve user interaction with your site, which improves your sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we list a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker offers many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time view and see how far down your sales or product pages your users read down to as an average of the length of time your site or content can retain their attention. The software lets you analyze every single visitor action to help you see how visitors are interacting with your website or particular pages on your website.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can record user sessions on your site for one day, a couple of weeks, a month, or even more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded user sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily view the top pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your users care about. You can also analyze regional demographic data of your visitors and discover which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how Heat Map Tracker measures up against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just a few of the testimonials that users have published about the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your results:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where people click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not going to). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that these may link to another area of your site?
- Get useful data on ways to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, sales funnel, screen resolution, etc.
- Get practical data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get actionable data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Conducting “above the fold” experiments to improve your website’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if an element on the page could be included, rearranged, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Compare if users prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage with your website.
- Confirm confirmed site security or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable products and product support. The product download area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Product Licensing Cost
HeatMapTracker comes in three separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Single installation only. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Use on up to ten websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click tracking, heatmaps, browser session replays, unlimited recording / page views, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web development agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: The price of this product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics provide important metrics on things such as how many people are finding your site, how they found it and what they are doing whilst on your web site. However, if you want to really gain a real-time understanding into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics tool can be a great way to do this.
We recommend buying a license of HeatMap Tracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your site’s user-experience, engagement and to make more sales.
For full details, check out the software here: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And HeatMap Tracker