The ability to track visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The old saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as true today as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your site, then how can you get better results?
Business owners have looked for accurate ways to track and analyze what is happening since web sites were first created. From simple counters that track visitor numbers, to powerful statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics which can capture granular key data.
Measuring visitor behaviour is vitally important for a successful business, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but research also shows that previous user behavior is the best indicator of future behaviour. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although the ability to monitor valuable information like how many web visitors are visiting your website, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your website for, which terms people are searching for, page views, referring pages, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it also be useful to track exactly what users are clicking on, where they are visiting the longest time on, which links they are clicking on, what parts of the page they are mostly interested in, and more?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this possible. Website heat maps have been used to help pinpoint areas on a web site page that online visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your arsenal of essential web site analysis tools using an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software script that is compatible with WordPress and that lets you track your website visitors’ movements and creates live heatmaps that show where users click and where they scroll throughout your web pages.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool allows you to track every move your users make.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your visitors engage with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your visitors from fully engaging with your website, like confusing navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As the website owner, you can guide your visitors to perform certain actions, such as joining your newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can give you an idea of what links on a web page users are clicking, a heatmap will display any clicks that visitors make on your page, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they think is a link, but happens to not be a link, you could quickly remedy this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your visitors that the image is just a graphic.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the best methods to test the design of your website, assess how readable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor user behavior on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Site
The application lets you record every user browsing session on your web site, enabling you to monitor all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The software is hosted on your own server, giving you no restrictions on recordings and playbacks.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited software updates and future enhancements for free.
Some additional script benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By seeing how visitors use your site, you can spot obstacles preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and correct these.
- No More Guessing User Behaviour: The video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions let you know precisely what is taking place on your website. Heat Maps let you know exactly which buttons and links users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay in a specific area, how far and quickly they travel down your content and more! No more guessing or hoping … just real information of what goes on when users visit your site.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMap Tracker lets you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases your online sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll list several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker includes many features for web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your page your visitors scroll as an average of how long your website and/or sales copy can retain their attention. Heat Map Tracker lets you review and analyze each and every visitor action to see how they are interacting with your website or specific pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMapTracker you can capture users on your site for a few days, a couple of weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats enables you to see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on improving content that visitors care about. You can also monitor regional demographics of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are coming from.
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just some testimonials and feedback that users have submitted regarding the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be links to another location?
- Get useful data on ways to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get practical information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of the website’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether any content should be included, changed, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Compare whether visitors prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments interact with your website.
- Troubleshoot suspected site security exploits and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products developed by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable product quality and support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 editions:
- Basic License – Licensed for 1 domain. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to use on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click tracking, heatmaps, session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on as many sites as you want, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: Pricing for the Heat Map Tracker software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The price above was current when this content was written. This may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information:
Additional Software Info
For a video of the software in action, including instructions and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services like Google Analytics provide great information on things such as the number of people finding your website, how they find it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to truly gain a deep understanding into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heat map analytics application can be a very practical way to do this.
We recommend getting a copy of HeatMap Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to get more web sales.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker