Being able to understand visitor behavior is absolutely important to your online success.
The adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how would you know what needs to be improved?
Businesses have been searching for ways to track and understand visitor behaviour since websites were first created. From simple tracking counters, to very powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics that capture very rich key data.
Measuring visitor behavior is very important for the success of your digital presence, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but research also proves that previous consumer behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behavior. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although being able to see key data such as the number of unique web users are exploring your web site, what pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring websites, and so on, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it be great to know exactly what visitors are doing, where on your pages they are visiting the longest for, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what areas of the page they are pausing on, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps are used to analyze areas on a web site page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking with recorded session replays to your arsenal of essential online analysis tools with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress (and other web programs) and that visually tracks your web site users’ complete session and creates live heatmaps that show where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your website.
HeatMapTracker software allows you to look over the shoulders of every person who comes to your web site.
Go here to learn more about this script: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your readers interact with your web pages, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific challenges that prevent your visitors from fully engaging with your website, like unclear navigation elements, or disruptive design elements. As a site owner, you can help your users to complete certain actions, such as sign up to your newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you what links on a web page users are clicking, a heat map will also display any clicks that users make on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you would be able to easily repair this by linking the image to the page your readers are trying to get to, or make it crystal clear to your visitors that the image is just a graphic.
Heat maps, therefore, can be one of the best ways to test the design of your site, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to monitor visitor behavior on your web site:
Capture Everything Users Do On Your Web Site
The script creates a playback video of every user browsing session on your site, enabling you to view all page clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unrestricted session recording and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to purchase the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited upgrades and all future enhancements.
Some additional benefits of the software include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your web site, you can uncover challenges that prevent users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions allow you to see precisely what is taking place on your web site. Screen overlays let you know exactly which elements visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover in a particular area, how far and quickly they scroll down your site and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just real data of what happens when visitors land on your website.
- Increase Online Sales: HeatMap Tracker helps you improve visitor interaction with your site, which increases sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker provides many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time reading and monitor how far down the page your users scroll as an average of how long your content can retain their attention. The software lets you analyze every single user action to see how users are interacting with your website or specific pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on visitor sessions on your site for a day, a few weeks, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see the top pages your users are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on improving pages that your visitors are more interested in. You can also see regional location data of all visitors and discover which part of the world they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that users have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where users click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors are not clicking). For example, are people engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these link to another section?
- Get useful information on how to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get actionable information on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if any section of your content should be included, reworked, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Analyze whether users prefer to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments interact within your website.
- Review suspected site security exploits and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a highly respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional products and product support. The product download area includes video tutorials for installing and configuring the software.
Heat Map Tracker is available in 3 versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Installs on one domain. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Installs on up to 10 websites. Price = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web development agencies. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The cost of purchasing HeatMap Tracker can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin is being retailed for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker software website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics provide very useful information on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they are finding it and what they are doing whilst on your site. However, to really gain deeper insights into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We suggest buying a license of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, engagement and to get more sales of your products or services.
For more information, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracking Software