Living and doing business in the Internet Age has many advantages. However, we also live in a world where we are continuously under the potential threat of having our web files hacked into and our business and personal data wiped out.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a website, then you need to carefully consider website security and the importance of implementing an online business security and data recovery plan.
As well as developing an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from mistakes that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business involves setting up a number of websites or blogs, having an automated way to copy web site data from one website to another would be very convenient.
As every wise webmaster eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that can ruin your site is all part of doing business online. If something tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost content, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered site, then there’s a simple tool that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Web Sites Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site backups, duplicating all of your websites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
Once you have installed and activated Backup Creator on your website or blog, the settings for the plugin can be easily configured. You can configure automatic backups, backups using email, backups via FTP, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using 3rd-party data hosting applications such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Start Using In Minutes
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of backing up as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and sites very simple. All tasks can be completed in a couple of mouse clicks. No coding knowledge is required.
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind of knowing that your data and files can be instantly retrieved should anything happen, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Just set up your master and then clone as many copies as you need to any new sites you have set up. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many plugin customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhost and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator offers many features to web site owners. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the storage destination of your choice. You can download your backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore To Any WordPress Site. Instantly restore your WP web site to any destination you like. You can clone data straight from another WordPress, upload via your browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. No cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups in a single offsite location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are a few of the testimonials users have provided for the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes you would normally have to document in order to create a new site, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, back it up|clone the site and then restore it on a new domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites with identical settings and configurations in different niche areas. This could be for a national food service outlet, or an insurance agency with branches in various locations, where each branch will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured website every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Site With Correct Internal Reference URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading file backups won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another location, but still be pointing back to the old site. This is why you need to use a backup plugin that is specifically designed for cloning. This lets you back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately restored and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything began? Or maybe you’ve made your site so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are almost negligible because you no longer need to be concerned about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to when you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Current pricing for the Backup Creator software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the product sells for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP website is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Websites And Blogs Protected