One of the downsides of doing business in today’s online world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our digital files hacked into and our business and personal data destroyed.
If you own or manage any business assets like a blog or website, then you need to prioritize website security and the urgency of implementing an internet security plan.
As well as creating an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from mistakes that can result in losing important data and set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If aspects of your business involve working with multiple websites or blogs, having an automated way to clone website data from one website to another can be very convenient.
As every experienced website owner knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web files, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing scripts that wreck your site is all part of having a digital business presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover lost files, restore your site to an earlier version, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s a simple and inexpensive software that lets you create backups of your WP database and website or blog files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
(Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected)
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for performing backups of your website data, cloning your blogs and content and keeping your WordPress sites protected.
After installing the plugin on your website or blog, your plugin settings can be easily configured. You can set up scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even store backups remotely using external data hosting tools like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
More info: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy & Simple
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress administrator section and activate.
After entering your license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress sites. Everything can be done in a few mouse clicks. No web coding knowledge is necessary.
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site’s data can be instantly restored in case of disaster, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your prototype site and then create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you want to set up on other domains. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites that contain lots data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be restored should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when your business depends on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator offers many features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Create Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup to the storage location of your choice. You can download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your WordPress website to any destination you like. You can copy files straight from another site, upload via your internet browser or even transfer from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows you to deploy any number of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software does the rest. No cron or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Back Up With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, restore, and manage all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform full site backups with just one click …
Your site will be backed up in seconds …
You can restore your site backups quickly and easily whenever you want using various backup restore methods …
You can also store your backup files remotely, or in the cloud …
Feedback From Users
Below are a few of the testimonials plugin users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I am excited to get my sites off to a great start…backed up! As a newbie, every precious moment counts. Having the right tools is a plus, not to mention, the great business opportunities you have opened up for me!” Ann Moore, MomInternet.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your site exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an exact replica of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites using identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niches. This could be for a franchised company, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each store will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Domain With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why it’s important to use a WordPress backup plugin that has been specifically created for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your blog ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now immediately restored and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to an troubleshooting expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Progress.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing data are minimal because you don’t need to worry about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to the time when you remember you had published that file, restore the backup (note: the backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was current when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website is an essential aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Web Sites Protected