One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Information Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business information being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data wiped out.
If you manage any digital business assets like a blog or website, then you need to prioritize online security and the urgency of implementing an online business security plan.
As well as developing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to copy data from multiple websites or blogs, having an automated way to duplicate site information from one site to another can be quite convenient.
As every experienced webmaster has learned, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website’s data, therefore, is absolutely essential. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, people almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to restore lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s a simple and inexpensive software that allows you to create backups of your WP database and website files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WP Websites And Blogs Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and file backups, cloning all of your websites and content and keeping your WP sites protected.
After installing Backup Creator on your WP website, it’s really easy to configure your plugin settings. Backup Creator allows you to set up backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even remote backups using external hosting applications such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, or Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In Minutes
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your admin user section and activate.
Enter the license key emailed to you after purchase and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress web sites. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. No programming knowledge is required.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your website can be instantly retrieved should your site ever suffer some kind of disaster, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly create as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be easily restored should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Create Instant Backups. Click 1 button to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup securely to the storage destination of your choice. You can download your backup to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your site to any destination you like. You can copy files straight from another website, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups and clones in a single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are some of the testimonials and comments customers have submitted regarding Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Site Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the steps needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|recreate your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple blogs with identical plugins and settings in different niches. This could be for a regional company, or a travel agency with offices in different locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing your theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Clone A Site With Correct Internal Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WP files and uploading WordPress file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old domain. That’s why you need to use a backup plugin that was specifically designed for cloning. This lets you back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s backup files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important information are almost negligible because you don’t have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall the time you remember you had published that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The price of the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the software sells for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price:
For ”how to” videos showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress site’s files and database is an integral part of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WP Websites And Blogs Protected