One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in today’s online economy is that we are constantly under the potential threat of becoming victims of online crime, having our digital files hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage any online assets like a business blog or website, then you need to carefully consider online security and the urgency of having a web security and site recovery plan.
As well as developing an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent losing data from human actions that can set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to set up many websites or blogs, having a simple way of copying web site data from one site to another can be really convenient.
As the old adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your web files, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and changing things that bring down your site is all part of the reality of managing a digital presence. If this ever happens to you, then you will need an easy and quick way to recover old files, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered web site, then there’s a simple and inexpensive solution that allows you to create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website data, duplicating your sites and content and keeping your WordPress sites protected.
After Backup Creator is installed and activated on your site, your settings for the plugin can be easily configured. Backup Creator lets you set up scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, backups using the cloud, or remote backups using external hosting services from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
For more details go here: Backup Creator
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Installation Is Easy
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Enter the license code required to unlock your plugin and the application will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and WordPress websites. Everything can be done with a few simple mouse clicks. No programming experience is necessary.
Save Loads Of Time
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind of knowing that your data and files can be easily restored should anything happen, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Just set up your master website and instantly clone as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you have set up on other domains. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be instantly restored should any kind of disaster affect your site is a priceless benefit, especially if your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator offers a number of great features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files to the storage destination of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Anywhere. Instantly restore your website to any destination you like. You can clone all content and files directly from another WordPress, upload via your browser or even transfer using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Back Up Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over and does the work for you. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are a few of the testimonials that customers have submitted for Backup Creator:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Document Your Website Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all of the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|reproduce your site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of blogs including identical settings and configurations in other niches. This could be for a national food service outlet, or a travel agency with offices in various locations, where each branch will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On Another Website With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and uploading file backups won’t clone your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why you need to have a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, and everything will be pointing to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be immediately returned to normal and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine that a few years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing content are minimal because you don’t have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just recall when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express edition lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Price details for Backup Creator depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin is selling for the amounts shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the software seller when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your business remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Web Sites