One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Information Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen.
If you own or manage any web assets like a blog or company website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of developing an online security plan.
As well as creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from accidental errors that can result in loss of important data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate once it’s too late.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to clone a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way of copying web site data from one website to another would be quite convenient.
As any wise webmaster knows, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website and blog files, therefore, is something that every site owner should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, site owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing scripts that permanently damage your site is all part of doing business online. If this were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to recover lost files, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then you can easily create backups of your WordPress database and site files, clone your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
- Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Web Sites
- Plugin Description
- Plugin Features
- Testimonials From Plugin Customers
- Useful Tips
- Product Support
- Software Price
- Additional Info
- We Recommend
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Web Sites
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and data backups, duplicating all of your websites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
After Backup Creator is installed and activated on your WP website, it’s very easy to configure the plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure automatic backups, email backups, backups using FTP, backups to the cloud, or even remote backups using hosting storage applications from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon (S3).
Go here to learn more: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Easy & Fast To Install
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your admin user area and activate.
Enter the license key and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WP sites really simple. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. No programming experience is required.
Saves Loads Of Time
Apart from the time you will save restoring your data and files should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype site, you can instantly clone as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Backs Up Large Websites: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be quickly and easily recovered should any kind of problem affect your site is a priceless benefit, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides a number of great features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it securely to the destination of your choice. Download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Restore Instantly To Any WP Site. Instantly restore your backup to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another WP site, upload via your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over and does the rest automatically for you. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are some of the testimonials and comments plugin customers have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I just cloned a site and restored via url. It was just magic. Amazing plugin … moved clients site to their hosting server in 5 minutes … this is … an essential plugin.” Haris Chechi, SocialMediaOnline.net
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes you would normally have to document in order to set up a new site, you can simply set up your site exactly how you want it, back it up|clone your site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various websites that use identical plugins and settings in other niche areas. This could be for a franchised company, or a real estate agency with branches in different locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Location With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that the data references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old location. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically created for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WP expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to fix or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complicated and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important data are almost negligible because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just go back to when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client sites. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: The price of the Backup Creator plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the product retails for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the plugin seller when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP website is an integral part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully clone your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
To learn more, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WP Website
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress, Automattic, or any products promoted on this website. We may derive an affiliate commission from purchases of any third-party products and services mentioned on this website. All product images remain the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge and are used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share this information with others using the links below.