One of the downsides of doing business in today’s cyber world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of online theft, having our business information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage any online assets like a website or blog, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the importance of having a website security plan.
As well as creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from errors that can set your business back. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate once tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If your business requires cloning a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way to clone web site data from one site to another would be quite convenient.
As the wise saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WP website, therefore, is absolutely essential. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, website owners almost never do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and accidentally installing software that can corrupt your site is all part of running an online business presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore lost information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s an easy tool that lets you create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
- Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Sites
- Plugin Description
- Plugin Benefits
- Feedback From Users
- Plugin Tips
- Backup Creator Plugin Support
- Product Price
- Additional Info
- Our Recommendation
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Sites
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you back up your website’s data and files, clone all of your sites and keep your WP websites and blogs protected with just a few mouse-clicks.
After installing Backup Creator on your website or blog, your settings for the plugin can be easily configured. You can set up automatically scheduled backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups in the cloud, and even store backups remotely using external hosting tools from Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Learn more here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Backup Creator installs like every plugin. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered the license code, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator is ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing data backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites very simple. All it takes is a few mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data can be quickly and easily retrieved should your site ever go through some kind of should your web site experience irreparable problems, Backup Creator is an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can then clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be restored should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files to the secure location of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Backups Instantly To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress site to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another website, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you’re done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your data backups in one single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback that customers have published about Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Instant Documentation Of Site Processes.
Instead of spending so much time documenting all the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|clone your site and then restore it to another domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple sites that contain identical plugins, settings, and configurations in other niches. This could be for a franchised company, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each branch will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Web Site With Correct Internal Reference Links.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why you need to have a backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s files to a WP troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing information are almost negligible because you don’t have to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Price details for this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the product is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For demo videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WP website is an important aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Keep Your WP Websites And Blogs Protected
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, reviewed, or linked from this site.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Please feel free to use the links below to share this post with anyone thinking of starting or growing a business online.