One of the downsides of doing business in the Digital Age is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our digital information being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely erased.
If you own or manage anything where information can be viewed online like a website, then you need to always keep in mind online security and the importance of having an online security plan.
As well as having an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from accidental errors that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that many people only appreciate once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If aspects of your business involve working with a number of websites or blogs, having an efficient way of cloning site data from one site to another would be really convenient.
As any experienced website manager eventually learns, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is absolutely necessary. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few website owners religiously do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of doing business online. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore old content, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s an easy tool that lets you create backups of your WP database and website or blog files, copy your website to another location and restore your old site and information.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Sites
Backup Creator is a simple-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you back up your website files, clone all of your websites and keep your WP websites and blogs protected with just a few clicks.
After the plugin is installed on your WP website, you can easily configure your plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure scheduled backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, backups to the cloud, and even remote backups using data hosting applications such as Amazon S3, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Quick And Easy Installation
Backup Creator installs just like any WordPress plugin. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering the license code, the plugin unlocks and the application is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing data backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites really simple. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. No web programming skills are necessary.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data and files can be quickly retrieved should your site experience any kind of loss, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your prototype , you can instantly create as many duplicates as you want to any new sites you have set up on other domains. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits include:
- Back Up Big Websites: Often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your webhost and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be instantly recovered should anything happen to your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many features to WP users. Here are just some:
- Create Instant Backups. Click 1 button to back up your website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship it to the storage destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups Instantly. Instantly restore your web site or blog to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files straight from another site, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows you to deploy unlimited pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Use Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are just a few of the testimonials and feedback that plugin users have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Real-Time Documentation Of Website Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the steps you would normally have to go through in order to create new sites, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, back it up|recreate the site and then restore it on another domain and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites that include identical plugins and settings in other niche areas. This could be for a nationwide company, or a real estate agency with offices in several locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with only a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Website With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another website, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that is specifically created to clone sites. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, and restore a previous working copy. Your site is now functional again and you can send the damaged site’s backup files to a WordPress troubleshooter who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important files are minimal because you no longer need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just go back to the time you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: your backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express license allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost to purchase Backup Creator can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was current at the time this article was published. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin author when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is a vital aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly copy your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress installations.
For more information, check out the plugin here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WP Web Sites Protected