One of the downsides of doing business in today’s global economy is that we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business assets being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data wiped out.
If you own anything where data can be accessed online like a blog or website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the importance of implementing a digital security plan.
In addition to creating an online security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from internal and external issues that can result in loss of data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to set up multiple websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to duplicate web site data from one site to another would be really convenient.
As the old adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is something that everybody should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few website owners do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and accidentally changing things that wreck your site is all part of the reality of having an online business presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore lost data, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and previous website information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and website or blog files, clone your site to another location and restore your old site and content.
- Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected
- Plugin Description
- User Testimonials
- Useful Tips
- Plugin Support
- Plugin Price
- Additional Plugin Information
- We Recommend
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Keep Your WordPress Websites Protected
Backup Creator is a powerful WP plugin that allows you to backup your websites, duplicate your websites and blogs and keep your WordPress websites protected.
After the software is installed on your website, it’s easy to configure the plugin settings. The plugin allows you to configure backups to run automatically, email backups, FTP backups, cloud backups, or even remote backups using external hosting services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon (S3).
More info: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Backup Creator installs like any other WP plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WordPress dashboard and activate.
After entering your license code, the plugin unlocks and the application will be ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and websites. Everything can be done in a couple of mouse clicks. Backup Creator is a great backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your website can be instantly restored should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can then create as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Many Backup Creator users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes may depend on your webhosting service and how your server is configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially if things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Instant Backups. Click one button to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup files securely to the storage location of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your data and files to any destination you like. You can clone it straight from another blog, upload via your browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are some of the testimonials that customers have published about Backup Creator:
“This tool is wickedly simple for us end users … There’s no excuse for any Internet Marketer / Blogger not owning this.”, Bolaji Oyejide, WhoIsBolaji.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”What a fantastic piece of kit, so easy to use and looks to be the best out there, superb. So, thank you for such a great tool and at a very reasonable price.” David Manning, PluginMarketing.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes In Real-Time.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the steps you would normally have to document when setting up a new site, you can simply set up your blog exactly the way you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various blogs with identical plugins and settings in different niches. This could be for a nationwide company, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Blog With Correct Destination Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring WP file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another website, but still be referencing the old site. That’s why you need to use a backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now instantly returned to normal and you can send the damaged files to a WP troubleshooting expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how everything got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing content are quite low because you no longer need to worry about where everything has been stored or organized. Just recall the time you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, 100% refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing details of the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the product is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the product developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here:
Additional Plugin Information
For a demo video of the plugin, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is an essential aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to properly clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Web Sites
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, tested, or certified by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, linked to, or reviewed on this site.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, please use the links below to share this post with other online users.