Living and doing business in the Digital Age has many benefits and advantages. However, we also live in a place where we are constantly under the potential threat of having our business information being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own or manage anything where information can be viewed online like a blog or website, then you need to prioritize website security and the importance of developing a site security and site recovery plan.
As well as having an internet security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from errors that can result in data loss and set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that most people only appreciate once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If you need to set up multiple websites or blogs, having a simple way of copying website data from one site to another can be very convenient.
As the wise adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is something that every website owner should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of having a digital presence. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a way to restore old files, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous website data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
- 1 Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Sites
- 1.1 Plugin Description
- 1.2 Plugin Benefits
- 1.3 Backup Creator Features
- 1.4 User Feedback
- 1.5 Plugin Tips
- 1.6 Support
- 1.7 Product License Pricing
- 1.8 Additional Info
- 1.9 Our Recommendation
- 1.10 Like It? Share It:
- 1.11 Related
Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Sites
(Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Sites)
Backup Creator is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and file backups, copying your sites and keeping your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
Once Backup Creator is installed and activated on your WordPress website or blog, your plugin settings can be quickly and easily configured. Backup Creator lets you perform automatic backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups using the cloud, or store backups remotely using data hosting tools such as Dropbox and Amazon S3.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Be Up And Running In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs like every other WP plugin. Simply upload a zip file that contains the plugin to your Plugins folder via your administrator login and activate.
Enter the license key and the software will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All tasks can be completed with a couple of mouse clicks. This makes it an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Apart from the time you will save restoring your information should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master website, you can then create as many copies as you want to any new sites you have set up on other locations. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Back Up Large Websites: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Plugin customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be restored should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when things depend on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Create Backups Instantly. Click 1 button to back up your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files to the secure destination of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite location.
- Restore Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your WP information to any destination you like. You can copy data directly from another website, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology allows unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you’re done.
- Choose From Amazon S3, Dropbox & Remote FTP|Backup With Remote FTP Or Dropbox, Amazon S3. You can store all of your backups and clones in a single offsite storage location and from anywhere in the world using Amazon S3, Dropbox or remote FTP.
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
The plugin performs your backup in seconds …
You can restore your backups easily any time you want using various methods …
You can also store your backup files remotely, or in the cloud …
Below are a few of the testimonials users have provided for Backup Creator:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”Love It – Really Works Great! One of the few things I have bought that REALLY works. just starting out, so going to set up a site and then copy, copy, copy!” Carolyn Skipper, Skipperworks.info
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the processes needed to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your blog exactly how you want it, back it up|clone your site and then restore it to a new location and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up various websites with identical plugins and settings in other niche areas. This could be for a national retailer, or a real estate agency with offices in various locations, where each branch will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To A Different Blog With Correct Internal URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your WP database data will be restored to another site, but still be pointing back to the old location. That’s why it’s important to use a WP backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugin and site settings and configurations included, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of referencing the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be instantly back and you can then send the damaged files to an support expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Historical Record Of Your Website.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important data are quite low because you no longer have to worry about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall when you remember you had published that content, restore the backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Product License Pricing
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: Pricing for the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price above was correct when this review was published. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin author when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
For ”how to” videos showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully duplicate your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP websites and blogs.
For full details, visit the plugin website: Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Keep Your WordPress Sites Protected
Recommended Themes And Plugins:
Disclaimer: We are not directly associated with WordPress or any products written about on this site. We may receive affiliate commissions from purchases of any third-party products and/or services advertised on this website. All images are the copyright of their respective owners and comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge.
Have you found this article useful? If so, please use the share buttons below and share this tutorial with other website owners.