One of the downsides of doing business in today’s digital world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming victims of digital crime, having our web information being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you manage anything where information can be accessed online like a website or blog, then you need to pay careful attention to online security and the urgency of developing a digital security and site recovery plan.
As well as creating an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from accidental errors that can result in losing important data and set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that most people only appreciate after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If you need to copy data from many websites or blogs, having an efficient way of cloning site data from one website to another can be quite convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website data, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that end up breaking your site is all part of having a digital presence. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a quick and easy way to restore lost information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you own a WP-powered web site, then you can easily create backups of your WP database and web site files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Websites
Backup Creator is a powerful and inexpensive WP plugin that lets you back up your website files, duplicate your blogs and content and keep your WP websites protected.
After installing Backup Creator on your WP website or blog, it’s easy to configure your settings for your plugin. You can configure automatically scheduled backups, email backups, FTP backups, backups via the cloud, or store backups remotely using hosting hosting solutions such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
Go here to learn more: Backup Creator
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Very Easy To Install
Backup Creator installs just like any WordPress plugin. Just upload it to your Plugins folder via your administrator account and activate.
Once you’ve entered your license key, the plugin unlocks and Backup Creator will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of backing up and restoring and protecting your blogs and WP sites very simple. It only takes a few mouse clicks. No programming skills are required.
Saves Valuable Time
As well as saving time recovering your site’s data should you experience problems, Backup Creator can be an especially useful and time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can then clone as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Back Up Big Websites: Quite often, owners of websites that contain lots data can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhosting service and how your server has been configured.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be restored should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Create Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your entire site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup to the storage destination of your choice. You can download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP your backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your web site to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files directly from another WordPress, upload via your internet browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy unlimited pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over and does the work for you. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just choose your schedule and you are done.
- Works With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite location and from any place around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform backups with just one click …
Here are just some testimonials and comments that plugin customers have written about the Backup Creator plugin:
”It’s amazing! Cloning instead of making new membership sites from scratch, which is what I used to do. Now I just clone it and transfer it. It’s simply amazing how everything transfers intact!” Juan Mitre, BlogMasterTraining.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Site Processes Live.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can just set up your site exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of blogs containing identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or an insurance agency with offices in several locations, where each branch will run their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, completely configured website every single time with just a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Blog With Correct Referencing URLs.
Simply backing up WordPress files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your site URLs point to the new domain. Otherwise, your WordPress database data will be restored to another domain, but still be pointing back to the old location. This is why it’s important to use a backup plugin that is specifically created to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the theme customizations, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal referencing links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, don’t spend days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working version. Your site will be up and running again and you can then send the damaged site’s files to a WP support expert who can then try to understand how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Web Site’s Changes.
Imagine that a couple of years from now your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing important information are almost negligible because you no longer need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized everything. Just go back to when you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: it can be located anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, sixty day, complete refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer License – Backup Creator Developer lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Please Note: Pricing for the Backup Creator software can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the product is being retailed for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software author when you visit the site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
Additional Plugin Info
For a demo video showing how the software works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress site’s files and database is a vital aspect of doing business online and ensuring that your information remains protected from disaster. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP sites.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Duplicate & Protect Your WordPress Sites