Being able to track and see visitor behavior is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your web pages, how can you get better online results?
Website users have looked for ways to track and understand what users are up to on their internet sites since websites were first invented. From basic tracking counters, to very powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications which record incredibly detailed information.
Tracking visitor behavior is important for a successful digital presence, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your results, but research also proves that past consumer behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than demographics.
While the ability to see statistical reports such as the number of visitors are visiting your website, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, what terms people are searching for, page views, referring sites, and so on, is vitally important, wouldn’t it also be useful to be able to view precisely what users are clicking on, where on your site they are navigating through, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of the page visitors are most intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this possible. Website heat maps are used for displaying areas in a website page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heatmaps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you own a WordPress-powered site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking and recorded user session replays to your collection of key site analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other website programs) and that lets you visually record your site users’ movements and generates instant heat maps showing where users are clicking and where they scroll throughout your website.
The HeatMapTracker software enables you to track every click your visitors make.
For more details, visit the script site here: HeatMapTracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your readers engage with your web site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that have been preventing your prospects from fully engaging with your site, like confusing navigation layouts, or distracting adverts. As a website owner, you can help your readers to perform certain actions, such as join your newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature that can show you which links on your web page are being clicked, a heat map will also show you any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heat map analysis helps you discover that visitors are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could quickly repair this by linking the image to the page your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your visitors that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, assess how readable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to track visitor behaviour on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Pages
The software lets you record every user browsing movement on your website, enabling you to record all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on recordings and pageviews.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to purchase the HeatMapTracker application, which then entitles you to receive unlimited updates and new features for life.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors navigate your web site, you can identify problems that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve visitor engagement.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions allow you to understand precisely what is happening on your site. Click overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons users click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your site, how long they choose to stay on a specific area, how quickly they scroll down your content and more! No more guessing or hoping … just real evidence of what takes place when users visit your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase visitor engagement with your business, which improves your online sales and conversions. There are many ways to achieve this and we discuss a number of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker Features
Heat Map Tracker provides many unique features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Goes to work in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your site visitors eyes are drawn to and monitor how far down your product pages your users scroll down to as an average of the length of time your web copy can keep them interested. The software lets you review and analyze each and every visitor experience to see how they are interacting with your site or specific pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can measure users on your web pages for a few days, a week, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded sessions HeatMap Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can easily view which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to spend more time on pages that your readers care about. You can also view regional demographics of your visitors and discover where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a couple of the testimonials that users have written about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your website to improve your business:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are visitors engaging with your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that these lead to another destination?
- Get useful information on how to refine your landing pages, sign-up forms, memberships, screen resolution, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get actionable data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Performing “above the fold” tests to improve your site’s visitor impact, or maximize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any content section could be added, reworked, or deleted.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Analyze whether visitors tend to click on images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments engage with your web site.
- Analyze confirmed site security problems and vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart group of products authored by Mark Thompson, a highly respected online marketer with a solid reputation for delivering exceptional product quality and customer support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one domain. Price = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license lets you install the plugin on as many sites as you want, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Please Note: The cost of purchasing the HeatMap Tracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The pricing above was correct when this content was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software author when you visit the plugin site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can give you some good information on things such as the number of people arriving on your site, how they find it and what they do whilst on your website. However, if you want to truly gain an understanding into how your web site and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics application can be a great way to do so.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization for better, visitor engagement and for generating more sales of your products or services.
For more information, visit the software website here: Heat Map Tracker – Live Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin