The ability to track, monitor and view the behavior of visitors on your web site is very important to the success of your business online.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as it has ever been. If you don’t know what is going on on your website, how will you know what needs to be improved?
Business owners have been searching for ways to track and analyze visitor behavior since websites were first developed. From simple tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics and other applications which track and display incredibly detailed information.
Analyzing visitor behavior is important for the success of your website, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but research also shows that previous consumer behaviour is the most reliable indicator of future behaviour. More reliable, in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although being able to track valuable metrics such as the number of web users are coming to your web site, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, etc …, is vitally useful, wouldn’t it also be fantastic to be able to view precisely what visitors are reading, where they are staying the longest for, which links they are clicking on, what areas of your content they are most intrigued about, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Website heatmaps are used to analyze areas in a website page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heatmap tracking and session replays to your business tool box with a simple to use and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software program that works with WordPress and that lets you visually record your website users’ movements and generates instant heat maps that show where they are clicking and where they are scrolling throughout your site.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool lets you see your site from your visitor’s unique perspective.
To learn more about the software go here: HeatMapTracker
The more you know how your users engage with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact challenges that have been preventing your site visitors from fully accessing your site, such as confusing navigation elements, or disruptive banner ads. As the website owner, you can guide your readers to perform certain actions, such as joining your newsletter or clicking on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on your web page visitors are clicking, a heat map can also show you any clicks that visitors make on your site, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that readers are clicking on a graphic element that they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a link, you would be able to easily fix this by linking the image to the destination URL your users are trying to get to, or let your users know that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heat maps, therefore, are one of the best ways to test the design of your site, assess how readable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just some of the benefits of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behavior on your site:
Record Everything Users Do On Your Website
HeatMap Tracker creates a video of every browsing movement on your website, allowing you to capture all which links and buttons are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolling.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The application is self-hosted, giving you unrestricted session recording and playbacks.
Free Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to buy the HeatMapTracker software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and future enhancements.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve Your Marketing Efforts: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your website, you can uncover problems that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and correct these.
- Stop Guessing About User Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your users’ sessions reveal precisely what is taking place on your site. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they browse on a particular area, how far they travel down your pages and more! No more guessing or hoping … just factual intel of what goes on when visitors navigate around your site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you increase visitor interaction with your business, which improves online sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we’ll list several of these in the “Tips” section further below.
HeatMap Tracker includes many great features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in no time.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time on and monitor how far down your product pages your visitors scroll down to as a measure of the length of time your sales message can retain their attention. HeatMapTracker lets you study each and every visitor experience to help you learn how users are interacting with your site or particular pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide executive reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can record visitors on your site for a few days, a few weeks, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your visitors are moving towards and how they interact with the content on each page, allowing you to invest more time on improving content that your readers are more interested in. You can also see regional location data of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and feedback that users have provided for HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your website to improve your results:
- Understand what’s working (i.e. where visitors click) and what’s not working (where users are not going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images thinking that they are links to another area of your site?
- Get practical data on how to refine your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Create “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of your home page’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if any new content should be inserted, redesigned, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” comparison reports for web-related services.
- Analyze whether visitors prefer to click images vs buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your site.
- Confirm potential website security issues and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart suite of products authored by Mark Thompson, a recognized internet marketer with a solid reputation for delivering reliable product quality and support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker comes in 3 separate versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to use on 1 site. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Licensed for up to ten websites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional licenses (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, free upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the software on as many sites as you like, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web service providers. Price = $497.00 One-off payment.
Note: Pricing for HeatMapTracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this content was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics provide useful information on things such as the number of people finding your pages, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to really gain a deep understanding into how your site and your content is helping your visitors to engage with your business online, then a heatmap analytics software application can be very useful.
We recommend purchasing a license of HeatMap Tracker if you need live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more sales of your products or services.
For full details, visit the software website here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking & HeatMap Tracking Plugin