Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that need co-ordinating registrations, such as seminars, training classes, charity fund-raisers, social conferences, or even a large-scale event like an exhibition, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Managing event sign-ups can be a complex and time-consuming process. You need to co-ordinate scheduling, availability, registration numbers, data processing and storage, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders and alerts, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and issuing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily duplicate similar events, give event managers more control, create a better user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be expensive.
Fortunately, if you run a WordPress-powered website, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and professional web-based event booking solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily schedule an event and begin receiving online bookings literally in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed plugin that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can employ a number of event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and autoresponders.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is fundamentally different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it is being redeveloped using a different structure to enable future expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to EE 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website or blog into a fully-featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally eliminating the chore of processing registrations and signups manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for event participants to register by themselves.
Letting your customers to do the data themselves frees up your time and lets you focus more of your energy on delivering a better event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will discover in a moment, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Reduced Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to building your own solution or using a third party service provider. The cost is kept low through a model where you pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase optional add ons only when you need additional functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept new event signups 24 hrs a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing features (see below) let people interested in registering for your event invite others who may also be interested.
- Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event signup process can be completed entirely online, significantly reducing traditional paper waste from tasks associated with administration.
- Own Your Information. You own all the information you collect from event participants.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso delivers functionality to its customers via built-in features (these come with the plugin) and optional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many built-in to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- Customized Event Registration. With Event Espresso you can collect unique information using custom event registration forms on your website to create a unique experience for your attendees.
- Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your upcoming events and add these to their schedule using the WordPress calendar.
- Tax Administration Options. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of options to manage taxes for your event and report tax fee components to customers when purchasing tickets. Event managers can administer taxes globally or on a per-ticket basis.
- Smart Single Page Checkout Process. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is smart, fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary attendee’s registration details for any added participants.
- Spam Protection. Reduce the chance of spamming and robots making false registrations with reCAPTCHA settings to confirm human activity.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you validate tickets, speed up door registrations, set up multiple check-in “stations” and track participants.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of registering event participants at the door, or send in paper-based registration forms for manual registration later.
- Admin Pre-approval. Be selective about who can participate in your events.
- Private Comments On Contacts. Record notes about a contact on their profile. Private notes helps you keep records of when users contacted you, your internal comments, and how you’ve assisted them.
- Draft Events. Draft events let you develop your event over multiple sessions without publishing it to your website. You can work on your events until you are ready to take things live, or schedule to publish your event page at a future date and time.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso is currently available in more than 15 languages, with more languages coming soon.
- Default Tickets. If you create similar tickets for your events, you can set one of those tickets as your default ticket for the next event simply by checking a box.
- WP WYSIWYG Editor. Event Espresso uses the built-in WP WYSIWYG editor, so you can quickly and easily add images and create your content without knowledge of HTML or CSS, just like any standard WP post or page.
- Registrant Profiles. Manage each attendee’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their records organized and easily within reach.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential clients who have not paid in full for their admission with a standard but personalized invoice with just one click. Your invoices will reference pre-registered attendees who have not paid their registration in full by name, display the amount owing, and include a link to the event, a payment link and a url to download the invoice.
- Categorize Events. If you have multiple types of events such as free and paid, conference speakers and mastermind sessions, different kinds of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize these to help your attendees to find what they’re looking for. You can list all the events in a category on a custom event category page, make events searchable by category, and color-code events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make them easier to find, in addition to suggesting other events in the categories that interest your visitors.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows developers to have more control and options over the content of your event page and how your information displays to prospective customers.
- Control Box Management And Reorganization. Event Espresso lets you leverage the WordPress user interface, which gives you the ability to reconfigure the user interface to match your workflow. Each meta box can be collapsed, re-arranged or completely removed from your page.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the software has been built using a modular and effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when you search for events in the Event Espresso admin.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service tax to each ticket).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during the registration process.
In addition to an incredible number of features, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow end-users to significantly enhance the functionality of events.
Some of these add ons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Template Add on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize multiple datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template displays categories in a simple list. Clicking the category name shows the events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Add-on: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media addon is included free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon lets you take advantage of the WordPress user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give your users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event pricing when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the website will have access to your special events. Members can also input personal details into their profile page allowing them to quickly register for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event booking form. Users can also look up past events and make payment for events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Versions: This add-on lets you involve other users in the event management process and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and give them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing staff to help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multiple Event Registration Addon: The Multi-Event registration addon gives your potential customers the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their shopping cart. With the Multiple Event Registration add on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Table View Template Addon: The Events Table Template add on provides you with an easy-to-use system that allows you to edit the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers design custom templates using one of the templates provided as a source template.
- MailChimp Integration Addon: The MailChimp addon allows you to automatically register attendees to a specific autoresponder list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
For more information about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are some of the many great testimonials that satisfied customers have posted about Event Espresso:
”I want to commend you on a fabulous product which is just the right price for a small non-profit. People are happy with the registration process, as are we! …Thank you SO much for a great product.” Sandra Forero Bush, World Trade Center Tacoma
”You can tell that the Event Espresso team is really passionate about their work, and that they care and spend a lot of time helping people work with their plugin and use it with their events – it’s something every WordPress service should aim for.” Ryan Imel, WPCandy
”I’m so excited to fire Eventbrite! Event Espresso has an amazing WP plugin for event management. We’re testing it now & are very impressed! In a nutshell Event Espresso saves us money & does everything Eventbrite did before. :)” Dustin Nay
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, presenter, conference planner, or event management professional, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, search the forums for tips and practical ways to streamline your event management process and improve the experience of your event attendees.
Event Espresso works with with other WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow WP coding standards. If you find that you need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent end-user support, as so many of its users confirm:
”No complaints here. Satisfied customer. You can teach us all few things about customer service. Thanks!” Charles
The Event Espresso plugin provides robust support including access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can rely on to run and manage your events.
Product Licensing Price
Event Espresso is available in various plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin options, however, you should consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal License – This lets you configure Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This license enables you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This lets you set up Event Espresso on 5 sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the plugin retails for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site.
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s online documentation pages for answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a particular use-case, or to report issues and give feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product information pages.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event registration and ticketing manager plugin, used by thousands of WP users.
If you own a WordPress website and you intend to run events that involve managing dates and venues, enrolling participants, or booking tickets, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration & Ticket Manager System