Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that need managing registrations, such as workshops, training courses, non-profit fundraisers, marketing events, or even a big event such as a regional festival, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event registrations is a complex process. You may be required to manage scheduling, available dates and seating, participant numbers, data processing, collecting payments and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to attendees.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily duplicate recurring events, give you more control, create a better user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be expensive.
Fortunately, if you run a WordPress-powered website, you can easily set up an inexpensive and highly professional web-based event registration system.
Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Management
The Event Espresso online event registration software allows you to easily schedule an event and begin receiving online bookings in just minutes.
(Set up multiple events and process online event registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed application that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can employ several event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and email marketing solutions.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the plugin is being redeveloped using a different structure to enable future growth. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current online presence into a fully-featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple pricing options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically doing away with the chore of processing registrations and signups manually.
Essentially, you are enabling participants to register on their own.
Letting your enrollees to do the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you concentrate more of your attention on delivering a better event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon learn, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your clients to experience.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso is an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party provider. This is made possible by using a model where you buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and then buy add ons only if you need added features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online signups outside traditional business hours. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social features and add ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with friends who may be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, your event registration process remains wholly in digital form, reducing traditional paper waste from tasks related to administration.
- Own Your Information. You control all the information you obtain from your event attendees.
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers through standard features (these are included with the software) and additional features that customers can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique built-in to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and use. Ready to start accepting registrations in minutes.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have multiple dates and times (datetimes), that these can be managed from one single event.
- Customized Confirmation Email Message. Set up automatic registration and payment notification email messages to communicate with your clients.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso integrates with payment gateways, enabling you to collect payments prior to running events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to customize the display settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details pages.
- Spam Protection. Reduce the chance of spammers and robots making fake registrations with reCAPTCHA tools to validate human activity.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you authenticate tickets, speed up door registrations, set up various check-in “stations” and track all participants.
- Manual Registration Option. you have the option of registering event attendees when they show up, or sending in paper-based registration forms for manual inputting later.
- Ticketless Events. You can create events without making it necessary for registrants to book tickets. Use Event Espresso for all types of events, not just when tickets are required.
- RSS Event Feeds. Keep your users up-to-date about your events, drive quality traffic and expand your content distribution with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events enable you to develop an event page over multiple work sessions without displaying it live on your site. You can work on your event pages until you are ready to publish it on your website, or schedule to publish your event at a future date and time.
- Country Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used throughout Event Espresso, including currency, currency symbols, decimal characters and places, country codes, regions, etc.
- Import Events. EE 4 provides a CSV-based importing capability that lets you upload bulk event data at once. You can export, edit and import information about events, datetimes, tickets, pricing, registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the built-in WP Visual editor, allowing you to quickly and easily add graphic images and create your content without having to know HTML or CSS, just like any standard WP post.
- One-Click Updates. Event Espresso provides easy one-click upgrades to ensure that you have the newest features and to keep your software installation compatible with new versions of WordPress.
- Social Sharing. Event participants and your website visitors can help promote your events using social share buttons.
- Event Posts. Publish your events using pages or posts and take advantage of WordPress custom post type features such as custom fields, post meta data, taxonomies, etc. You can even customize your templates to display event information in your own custom way.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also extremely robust and customizable for higher end users and developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, EE 4 allows for more complex extensions and customizations to the software.
- Maintenance Mode. Pause registration capabilities for normal site traffic whenever you need to perform maintenance on your website. You can still work on your event pages during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their website, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the work of re-entering event details when creating new events.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service fee to every ticket).
- Default payment status.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
In addition to a very large array of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow customers to further expand the functionality of the event management process.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Manager Add on: The Recurring Events manager add on enables you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years ahead. You can schedule as many future events as you like. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all recurring events.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add-on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can also be customized to show the event thumbnail instead of a date.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon allows you to take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give your users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event prices when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the site can have access to your special events. Members can also input personal data into their profile page allowing them to quickly register for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event registration form. Users can also view previous events and make payment for new events.
- Seating Chart Addon: The seating chart add on is great for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is ideal for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on lets you promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the experience for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach single pricing to every seat.
- Event Ticketing Add on: The Ticketing add on adds the capacity to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the venue door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and categories of events in a nice graphical calendar.
- JSON API Addon: The Event Espresso JSON API addon permits other software applications, web sites, mobile apps, etc… to access your Event Espresso content through an Application Programming Interface (API).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add ons.
For more details about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website here:
Users – Feedback
Below are some of the many testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Broadcasting my support for Event Espresso will be a pleasure. I recently helped the Webmaster at a sister church configure your event manager for their site, so I can say with confidence and from experience, that Event Espresso is the best Event Manager plugin ever!” Philip Simpson, The Charlotte Church
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
”Event Espresso plugin still rocks. Saw you guys were up for the WP Honors too. Glad I paid for it! If you need event management on your WordPress site I recommend Event Espresso.” Patrick Allmond, Focus Consulting
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, trainer, festival planner, or event management professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the user forum for tips and practical ways to streamline your event management and registration workflow and improve the experience of your event attendees.
Event Espresso works with with other WP plugins and WordPress themes that follow standard WordPress coding rules. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive user support, as so many of its customers confirm:
”Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
The plugin provides comprehensive support with access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software options, however, you will want to consider purchasing one of the paid plugin versions below:
- Personal License – This option allows you to configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This license enables you to run Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This option allows you to run Event Espresso on five domains. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Manager
Note: The pricing above was current at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the software’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to a particular use-case, or to report issues and leave feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product information pages.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands of people.
If you own a WordPress web site and you intend to run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, and booking tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager And Ticketing Registration Plugin