Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that require handling registrations, such as seminars, training classes, charity fund-raisers, marketing events, or even a large-scale event like a trade show, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event registrations is a complicated and time-consuming process. You will probably need to co-ordinate scheduling, available dates and seating allocations, registration numbers, data collection and storage, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to event attendees.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily duplicate previous events, give event managers more control, improve user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be quite costly.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based site, you can install an inexpensive and highly professional web-based event registration system.
Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
The Event Espresso online event registration software allows you to easily set up multiple events and start receiving online registrations in just minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and accept online bookings)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed application that gives you complete control over the event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use a range of event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is completely different than the older EE 3, as the platform has been revamped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just some of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website into a fully-featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually doing away with the chore of processing registrations manually.
Essentially, you are facilitating event participants to perform the registration by themselves.
Letting your customers to do the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more time on delivering a memorable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management process that you want your participants to experience.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Significantly Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to building your own software or using a third-party service provider. The cost is kept low through a model where you purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then buy add ons only when you need extra features.
- Increased Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept online bookings outside normal business hours. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social and marketing add-ons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with others who may also be interested.
- Green Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can be kept wholly in digital form, significantly reducing traditional paper waste from tasks related to enrollment.
- Own Your Data. You own all the information you acquire from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
The Event Espresso software delivers functionality to its users via built-in features (these come with the software) and optional features that users can buy for an additional cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique features to web site owners. Here are just some:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Ready to use in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration Forms. Event Espresso lets you gather unique data using a custom event registration form on your web site to plan a great experience for your attendees.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Participants can easily see your upcoming events and add these to their schedule with the calendar.
- Ticket Selector. Present several ticket options to prospective attendees so they can purchase the ticket(s) that will best fit their needs.
- Custom Post Types. Integrate Event Espresso into your WordPress theme and display registrant data throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Prices. Create events fast by pre-configuring default ticket pricing.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 comes with 3 useful in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Manual Registration Option. you have the option of registering event participants when they show up, or send in paper forms for manual processing later.
- Waiting Lists. Prospective attendees can join a waiting list if your event has reached maximum capacity. You can also specify that waiting list members pre-pay if you plan to add more capacity for the event.
- XML RSS Feeds. Keep your users up-to-date about your events, bring in more visitors and reach a wider number of prospects with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword Rich Page URLs. Keyword rich event page URLs leverage your WP Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly web links with topic-relevant keywords add to the context of your content and improves your search rankings, helping you bring a more targeted audience to your site.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso can be run in 15+ languages, with more languages planned.
- Default Tickets. If you create similar tickets for most of your events, you can set one of those tickets as your default ticket for all new events simply by ticking a checkbox.
- Multiple Attendee Enrollments. Event Espresso 4 allows a single person or people to register multiple attendees simultaneously. You specify how many attendees are able to register in a single registration by specifying either limits on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Automatic Upgrades. Event Espresso provides simple one-click plugin installation updating to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your plugin installation working with the latest version of WordPress.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event customers who have not paid yet for their enrollment with a standard but personalized invoice with one click. Your invoices will address registered participants who have not paid their registration in full by name, give them the amount owing, and include links to the event, a payment link and a url to download the invoice.
- Event Posts. Publish your events using pages or posts and take advantage of WordPress custom post types. You can also customize the page templates to display events in your own custom way.
Extra features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These features allow you to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso software that are compatible with the WordPress software platform.
- Maintenance Mode. Pause registration capabilities for regular website visitors when website maintenance is required. You can still work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a modular and effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also comes with 40+ additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events within the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse the same group of questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as an incredible range of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow software users to further enhance the functionality of your event management process.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display your scheduled events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events management add on enables you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months … even years ahead. You can add as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all recurring events.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template enables your users to browse for events that take place within a certain date range.
- Social Coupons Integration Addon: If your site uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration add-on lets you take advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration add-on you can give users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event prices when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the website can have access to your special events. Members can also input personal data into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event registration form. Your users can also look up event history and make payment for new events.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart addon is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is perfect for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on allows you to offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues right from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the environment for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- Multi-Event Registration Add-on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives potential customers the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multiple Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Table View Template Addon: The Events Table Template addon gives event managers an easy-to-use system that allows you to modify the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also allows web developers to build custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and business marketing software add-on, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture event attendee data, track bookings, and accept payments from your Event Espresso powered website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin, including new addons.
To learn more about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are some of the many great testimonials that users have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is one of the nicest Event Managers (WP Plugin) I have come across.” Joe Distefano, Citizen Joe
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
”Event Espresso is very nice and functional plugin. Set it up is not very easy for a beginner like me, but you have one of the best support team in your side. They answer all questions in a timely manor. I didn’t know anything about setting up the plugins, Thanks to Event Espresso Support team that now I can find my way around this plugin. Event Espresso helps our company to manage the workshops, keep track of our students, manage the emails, and much more. We upgrade from personal License to Business license in just two weeks of using Personal license. I strongly recommend the Business license.” Ted Karlsalr, Omnilargess
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, workshop promoter, or event management consultant, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the support forum for inspiration and practical ways to streamline your event management and registration process or improve the experience of your customers.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso is compatible with all WP plugins and WordPress themes that follow standard WP coding rules. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent customer support, as many of its customers attest:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
Event Espresso provides incredible support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you may want to consider downloading one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal License Edition – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This lets you set up Event Espresso on 1 domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This edition enables you to run Event Espresso on 5 sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin is selling for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Manager
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the software’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to a specific situation, or to notify developers about problems and share feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product information pages.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event booking and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands of WordPress website owners.
If you are a WordPress user and you currently run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, and reserving seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration & Ticketing Manager Plugin