Do you currently run or plan to run events that require managing bookings, such as workshops, community classes, not-for-profit fund raisers, marketing events, or even a big event such as a music show, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Managing event registrations can be a complicated and time-consuming process. You have to manage scheduling, available dates and seating allocations, attendee numbers, data processing and storage, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily duplicate recurring events, give event managers more control, create a more enjoyable client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be quite expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered web site, you can install a very inexpensive and highly professional online event registration system.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WP enables you to easily set up multiple events and start processing online registrations in just a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and receive online event bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control over the event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can employ a number of event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your event attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with an autoresponder system for ongoing updates.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is significantly different than the older EE 3, as the plugin has been rebuilt using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually move completely to EE 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
Learn more about the plugin here:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations manually.
Essentially, you are enabling event participants to perform the registration themselves.
Letting your enrollees to do the data themselves frees you up from doing admin work and lets you direct more of your energy on delivering a more unique event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and registration process that you want your users to experience.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to developing your own software or using a third party service provider. This is made possible by using a model where users pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy addons when you need extra functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept online event sign-ups 24 hours a day. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing features and add-ons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with friends who may also be interested.
- Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, your event booking process remains entirely in digital form, eliminating typical paper consumption from tasks related to enrollment.
- Own Your Data. You control all the information you acquire from event attendees.
The Event Espresso software provides functionality to its customers through built-in features (these are included with the software) and additional features that users can buy for an extra cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many unique features to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), that these can be managed from a single event.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your events and add these to their schedule using the calendar.
- Tax Administration. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of options to administer taxes for an event and provide reports of tax fee components to registrants who purchase tickets. You can configure taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables event managers to configure the look and control settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details pages.
- Default Prices. Create events quickly with pre-configured default prices.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes 3 detailed in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of participants and check-in everyone who attends.
- Waiting Lists. Interested persons can subscribe to a waiting list if your event is full. Additionally, you can make it a requirement waiting list attendees pre-pay if you plan to add more capacity for your event.
- Private Commenting On Contacts. Record comments about contacts on their profile. Private notes lets you keep records of when users contacted you, your internal notes, and how you have helped them.
- Draft Events. Draft events allow you to build an event page in your own time frame without publishing it to your website. You can work on your event until you are ready to take things live, or schedule to publish your event at a later time and date.
- Country Settings. Event managers can configure the country and currency settings to be used throughout Event Espresso, such as currency, currency symbols, decimal signs, characters and places, country codes, regions, etc.
- Import Event Information. EE 4 provides a CSV-based importing feature that lets you easily upload a lot of event data all at one time. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, ticketing details, prices, custom registration questions, venue info, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- WP Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the native WP WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to quickly and easily insert images and create and edit your event descriptions without knowing HTML or CSS, just like any typical WP post or page.
- Automatic Upgrading. Event Espresso provides easy 1-click plugin updates to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your installation up-to-date with new versions of WordPress.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and your site visitors can tell others about your event using social share buttons.
- Categorize Events. If you have multiple types of events such as free and paid, workshops and mastermind sessions, different types of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize them to make it easier for your participants to locate what they’re searching for. You can list all events in a category on an event category page, make all events searchable by category, and colour-code events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, in addition to suggesting other events in the categories that interest your visitors.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Event Espresso is simple enough for most WordPress users, and also extremely robust and customizable for higher end users and developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), Event Espresso 4 permits more complex enhancements and customizations to the software.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for normal website visitors whenever website maintenance is required. You can continue to work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their website, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also includes 40+ additional features, including:
- Email shortcodes that includes participant data in emails and email newsletters.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing commonly asked questions for similar events.
- Default payment status.
In addition to an incredible number of features, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow you to significantly enhance the functionality of your event management system.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display upcoming events by location. There are 4 maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize events with many datetimes into a dropdown list.
- Events Date Range Template Add on: The Date Range custom event list template lets your users to browse for events that occur in a certain date range.
- Events Social Sharing Add on: Add social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your attendees to post a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after registration.
- Custom Files Addon: The Custom Files add on provides PHP files that allow you to bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Addon Editions: This addon lets you involve others in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and give them different permissions with different capabilities, so your staff can help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain sections of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to have geographic responsibilities for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- EE4 Event Ticketing & Bar Scanning Addon: The Ticketing addon adds the capacity to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on gives you the ability to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for handling check-in scans at venues. Attendees can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Table Template Addon: The Events Table Template add on gives you an easy-to-use system that lets you edit the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets web developers build their own custom templates using one of the templates provided as a source template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and business marketing software addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture event attendee data, track enrollments, and accept payments from your web site.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new add ons.
For more information about the newest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are just some of the testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Broadcasting my support for Event Espresso will be a pleasure. I recently helped the Webmaster at a sister church configure your event manager for their site, so I can say with confidence and from experience, that Event Espresso is the best Event Manager plugin ever!” Philip Simpson, The Charlotte Church
”Your plugin rocks! Seriously, saved me hours on the phone setting up attendance manually. Kudos. :)” William, Petruzzo Photography
”Loving the functions and support from Event Espresso. One of the best plugins I’ve ever bought!” Nathan
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, teacher, concert promoter, or event management professional, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, search the support forum for new ideas and practical ways to streamline your event management and registration process or enhance the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with other WP plugins and themes that follow standard WordPress coding guidelines. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great support, as so many of its customers attest:
”By far, the customer service experience with Event Espresso has been the best of any WordPress Theme or Paid Plugin that I’ve used in the past two years!” Megan Murray, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
The Event Espresso software provides great support including access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software features, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal Edition – This license option allows you to run Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This license option allows you to configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This license lets you run Event Espresso on 5 domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
Pricing details of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin retails for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management & Registration Plugin For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s documentation pages for answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular situation, or to notify developers about bugs and share feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event registration and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands of companies.
If you own a WordPress website and you plan to run any event that involves managing dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling attendees, and booking tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso