Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that need managing registrations, such as seminars, community courses, not-for-profit fundraisers, social conferences, or even a big event like a music concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Managing event sign-ups is a complex process. You will probably need to manage event schedules, dates, participant numbers, data collection and storage, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to event attendees.
There are a number of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily duplicate repeat events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that this can be costly.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based web site, you can download and install a very inexpensive and highly professional web-based event booking system.
The Event Espresso online event registration software enables you to easily create multiple events and begin accepting bookings in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and receive online registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-rich application that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use several event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with an autoresponder system for ongoing notifications.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is impressively different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the platform has been revamped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current online presence into an automated and feature-rich event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually eliminating the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to perform the registration on their own.
Allowing your clients to do the data themselves frees up your time and lets you concentrate more of your energy on creating a better event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management and registration process that you want your users to experience.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Significantly Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd party provider. This is made possible through a model where you purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then purchase add-ons when you need added functionality.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new event sign-ups 24/7. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing add-ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with others who may be interested in attending.
- Green Event Sign-Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can be conducted entirely online, eliminating typical paper consumption from tasks associated with enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the information acquired from your event participants.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to its users via standard features (these are included with the plugin) and optional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique built-in to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in very little time.
- Custom Event Registration. Event Espresso lets you gather unique data using a custom event registration form on your web pages to prepare a great experience for your event participants.
- Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your events and add these to their schedule using the calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso seamlessly integrates with payment gateways, enabling you to collect payments prior to running events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to customize the display settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details pages.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the likelihood of spamming and bots creating false registrations with reCAPTCHA tools to provide human validation.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 provides three detailed in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of event registrants and confirm those who have attended.
- No-Ticket Events. You can create events without requiring registrants to get tickets. Use Event Espresso for all kinds of events, not only those that accept tickets.
- Public Commenting. Add “social proof” by allowing potential prospects to ask questions about your event and previous participants to post feedback that can help others choose whether or not to register. Moderation settings for public comments are specified using the WordPress default commenting admin area.
- Works With The Latest WP Version. The EE 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build beautiful event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Your Organization Settings. you can configure your profile to display throughout Event Espresso and your WP themes. The organization information include: company name, address, city, state, country, zip code, primary contact email address, telephone, VAT/tax number, logo, Facebook profile URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn profile URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ URL, Instagram URL.
- Exportable Information. You can export all of your information gathered from your event customers into Excel or CSV format for producing advanced reports, implementing marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to quickly and easily add photos and create your content without having to know HTML or CSS, just like any WP post.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso lets you engage with a community of experienced event managers, programmers, designers, marketers and business owners who also use the software. You can network with other members of the Event Espresso community through their community chat room, user support forums, job board, and social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential participants who have not fully paid for their booking with a standard but personalized invoice with just one click. Your invoices will address pre-registered attendees who have not paid their registration yet by name, give them the amount owing, and include links to the event, a payment link and a url to download the invoice.
- Accurate Event Participant Manager. You control your customers’ date; who has enrolled, which event they have registered for and what amount they paid. With the attendee manager, you can get an overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an attendee list to a spreadsheet for additional reports, send customized payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your registrants individually or collectively.
Extra features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows developers to have more control and options over your event pages and how your information displays to your prospective event attendees.
- Full Logging, Remote Logging. Event Espresso 4 allows you to output a log file with debugging data which can be helpful for developers when diagnosing plugin errors.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their web site, Event Espresso’s aim is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with 40+ added features, including:
- Duplicating events – limits the work of re-entering event information when adding new events.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing the same questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page in registration.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow plugin users to significantly expand the functionality of managing an event.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, a default image will be used instead.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events manager addon allows you to put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months in advance. You can schedule as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will automatically open and close bookings for all of your recurring events.
- Events Date Range Template Addon: The Date Range custom event list template enables your users to browse for events that take place within a certain date range.
- EE4 Events Social Sharing Add-on: This add-on adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that lets your registrants to post a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after booking.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files add on lets you bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Addon Versions: This addon lets you involve others in the event management process and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and give them different permissions with different capabilities, so others can help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain sections of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add on.
- Event Ticketing Add on: The Ticketing addon gives you the ability to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at venues. Attendees can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Table Template Addon: The Events Table Template add on gives event managers an easy-to-use system that lets you edit the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets web developers design custom templates using one of the templates included as a source template.
- Infusionsoft Integration Addon: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track bookings, and accept payments from your web site.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Here are some of the many great testimonials that satisfied plugin users have written about Event Espresso:
“It is a very, very slick plugin. It’s one of those plugins where you install it, change a couple of settings, and boom you’re selling tickets.” Brad Williams, WebDevStudios
”When you can get a company to expend more money switching systems just to use your plugin…you’ve really accomplished something.” David, House of Prayer
”Just bought an Event Espresso license for an upcoming conference website we are working on. The custom registration forms functionality rocks!” Eric Sopp, Inside Design
Whether you are a motivational speaker, trainer, workshop promoter, or event consultant, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed user, go through the support forum for new ideas and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration process or improve the experience of your customers.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow WP coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive user support, as many of its satisfied users attest:
”By far, the customer service experience with Event Espresso has been the best of any WordPress Theme or Paid Plugin that I’ve used in the past two years!” Megan Murray, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
Event Espresso provides comprehensive support that includes access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso Cost
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software options, however, you need to consider downloading one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal License Edition – This allows you to configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This enables you to set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This lets you install Event Espresso on five sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing for the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin is being retailed for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticket Registration System For WordPress
Please Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular use-case, or to notify developers about issues and give feedback.
For all installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands of businesses.
If you own a WordPress web site and you currently run an event that requires scheduling dates and venues (offline and online), booking participants, and/or reserving tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager