Does your company currently run or plan to run events that need to accept bookings, such as seminars, group courses, not-for-profit fund-raisers, corporate events, or even a large-scale event like a school concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event bookings can be a complicated and time-consuming process. You may have to co-ordinate event schedules, date availability, attendee numbers, data collection, payment processing and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to participants.
There are many advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily replicate previous events, give you more control, create a better client experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event registration system can be quite costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-powered website, you can download and install an inexpensive and professional web-based event booking system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Ticketing Registration System
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily create an event and begin processing registrations literally in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and accept online event registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed software that gives you complete control over the event registration management process.
Customize event registration forms
You can use several event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the software has been revamped using a different structure to enable future growth. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually retire Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and advantages of using this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current online presence into an automated and fully featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally eliminating the chore of processing registrations manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to register on their own.
Letting your participants to do the data entry frees up your time and lets you spend more of your attention on delivering a memorable event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon discover, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Reduced Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own software or using a 3rd-party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum by using a model where Event Espresso users start with the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then purchase optional addons when you need additional features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online event registrations 24 hrs a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social features and add-ons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event invite others who may also be interested.
- Green And Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, your event booking process is completed entirely online, significantly reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks related to administration.
- All Data Belongs To You. You control all the data you collect from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso delivers functionality to its users through built-in features (these are included with the plugin) and optional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to website owners. Here are just some:
- Fast and simple to install and set up. Ready to start accepting registrations in no time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you configure as many kinds of tickets as you need and set separate pricing options, ticket quantity limits, etc.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Attendees can easily see your upcoming events and add these to their schedule with a calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso integrates with payment gateways, allowing you to collect payments prior to running the events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows you to configure the display of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Default Price Types. Price types let you create new prices that adjust the default ticket price for your system-default ticket.
- Promotional Codes. Leverage promotional and discount codes to incentivize prospects to take action immediately, or make your offerings more affordable for others. Also useful if you want to sell-out events close to deadlines.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of registering event participants at the door, or sending in paper forms for manual registration later.
- Waiting Lists. Prospective attendees can subscribe to a waiting list if your event has reached maximum attendance. Additionally, you can make it a requirement wait-list members pay for their spots if you plan to expand numbers for the event.
- Private Contact Comments. Keep comments about users on their profile. Private notes lets you keep records of when users contacted you, your internal observations, and how you have assisted them.
- Keyword-Rich URLs. Keyword rich URLs take advantage of your WP site’s Permalinks configuration settings. Search engine friendly permalinks with topic-relevant keywords add to the context of your content and is favored by search engines, helping you drive more traffic to your events.
- Complete Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in complete control of all aspects of an event’s registration and ticketing, and also allows you to automate this process with event management tools that include staff and venue manager, customizable event page designs, payment processing, wait lists, limits on attendees, print-ready ticketing and more.
- Exportable Data. You can output all the data gathered from your event attendees into Excel or CSV format for creating advanced reports, planning marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, etc..
- Venue Profiles. The venue manager in Event Espresso 4 allows details about a venue to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front end of your website to inform users of the location of your event. The venue profile has many of the standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also displays venue details like venue seating capacity, venue website, venue phone number, physical and/or virtual location, map, etc. You can also list venue profiles on specific sections in your WordPress theme and on a venue listing page on your website where you can set up and publish venue profiles for multiple events or display every event you have booked for a particular venue.
- One-Click Software Installation Updates. Event Espresso offers easy 1-click software upgrading to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your installation compatible with new versions of WordPress.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and website visitors can spread the word about your event using social share buttons.
- Event Reporting. Event reporting provides you with data of all the registrations and transactions, enabling you to measure the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and how much money you have collected.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also robust and customizable for higher end users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, Event Espresso 4 enables more complex enhancements and customizations to the software.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. Event Espresso 4 lets you create a log file with debugging data which can be useful for developers when troubleshooting.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with 40+ added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including customer data in emails and updates.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service fee to all tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page in the registration process.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow users to further expand the functionality of your event management system.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add-on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display scheduled events by location. 4 maps are currently available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Custom Template Add on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes many datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add-on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can also be customized to display the event thumbnail image instead of a date.
- EE4 Events Social Sharing Add-on: This add on adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your registrants to share a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after registration.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files add on allows you to bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add on lets you involve your staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, so your staff can help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain areas of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro addon.
- EE4 Event Ticketing & Bar Scanning Add on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the capacity to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Registrants can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Addon: This add on uses the WP calendar to display events and categories of events via an attractive graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp add-on allows you to auto-register attendees to a specific mailing list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For more details about the newest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website:
Here are some of the many testimonials that satisfied customers have posted about Event Espresso:
“It is a very, very slick plugin. It’s one of those plugins where you install it, change a couple of settings, and boom you’re selling tickets.” Brad Williams, WebDevStudios
”Event Espresso event management plugin for WordPress is really an awesome plugin.” Cheryl Smithem, Charleston PR & Design
”I played around with the free version for a couple hours then purchased the Pro for a client. Love it and so do they! Sweetest Event plugin I have tried.” Bill Chambers, Bill Chambers Design
Whether you are a motivational speaker, teacher, festival planner, or event consultant, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a licensed user, go through the support forum for tips and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration process or improve the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WP coding standards. If you do need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent support, as so many of its clients confirm:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
The software provides comprehensive support with access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely software you can count on to manage your events.
Event Espresso Price
Event Espresso is available in a range of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software functionality, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This lets you configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This allows you to run Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This enables you to install Event Espresso on five sites. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is being retailed for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular situation, or to report problems and leave feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event registration and ticketing management plugin, used and trusted by thousands of people.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you plan to run events that involve managing dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, or selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Management Software