Do you currently run or plan to run events that require managing bookings, such as seminars, community classes, charity fundraisers, marketing events, or even a big event like an arts & crafts, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Co-ordinating event registrations can be a complex and time-consuming process. You will most likely need to co-ordinate calendar schedules, dates, participant numbers, data collection and admin, payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and providing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily reproduce similar events, give you more control, create a more enjoyable customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, you can easily install a very inexpensive and highly professional online event booking solution.
Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Management
The Event Espresso online event registration WP plugin allows you to easily create an event and start accepting bookings in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and receive online registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed software that gives you complete control of your event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can use a range of event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media and autoresponders.
View detailed information about event attendees
Please Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is significantly different than the older EE 3, as the software is being redeveloped using a different structure to accommodate future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually phase out Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
Learn more about the plugin here:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current web site into a fully-featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually eliminating the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are enabling participants to perform the registration themselves.
Letting your clients to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you concentrate more time on creating a more unique event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and registration process that you want your participants to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Lower Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party service provider. This is made possible through a model where users purchase the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and then purchase add ons when you need additional functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept new event sign-ups 24/7. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with friends who may be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can remain wholly in digital form, eliminating typical paper consumption from tasks related to administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the information collected from your event participants.
The Event Espresso software delivers functionality to its customers via built-in features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that you can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique built-in to site owners. Here are just some:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration Form. With Event Espresso you can collect specific data using a custom event registration form on your website to plan a great experience for your attendees.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Attendees can easily see your upcoming events and add these to their schedule using the calendar.
- Tax Administration. Event Espresso 4 provides several ways to administer taxes for your event and report tax fees to customers who purchase tickets. You can administer taxes globally and on a per-ticket basis.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your WordPress theme and reuse registrant information throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Price Types. Price types let event managers create new prices that adjust the base ticket price for your default ticket.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes 3 detailed in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles And Contact List. Event Espresso 4 lets you know who your customers are and how they have done business with you.
- No-Ticket Events. Promote events without the requirement for attendees to book tickets. Event Espresso can be used for all types of events, not just when tickets are required.
- XML RSS Event Feeds. Automatically update your customers, bring in more visitors and expand your content distribution with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword-Rich Event Page URLs. Keyword rich URLs leverage your Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly permalinks that have relevant keywords add to the context of your events and improves your search rankings, helping you bring a more targeted audience to your website.
- Your Organization Settings. Configure your profile to display throughout Event Espresso and your front-end templates. Organization fields include: organization name, address, city, state, country, zip/postal code, primary contact email address, telephone, VAT/tax number, business logo, Facebook profile URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn profile URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ profile URL, Instagram URL.
- Default Tickets. If you find yourself creating identical tickets for your events, you can set one of those tickets as your default ticket for the next event simply by checking a box.
- Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the built-in WordPress Visual editor, allowing you to quickly and easily insert photos and format your content without knowledge of HTML or CSS, just like any typical WP post or page.
- Attendee Records. You can manage your customer’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their data organized.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event customers who have not fully paid for their enrollment with a standard but personalized invoice with just one click. Your invoices will reference registered customers who have not paid their registration yet by name, give them the amount owing, and include a link to the event, a payment url and a url where they can download the invoice.
- Accurate Event Attendee Management. You have control of your customers’ information; who has enrolled, which event they have registered for and how much they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get an overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to a CSV file for additional reports, send customized payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your participants individually or collectively.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows web developers to have more control and options over your event page content and how the information displays to site visitors.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for normal site traffic whenever website maintenance is needed. You can continue to work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: According to the mission statement on their web site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the software has been built using a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with over 40 added features, including:
- Duplicating events – limits the work of re-entering event details when creating new events.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse the same group of questions for similar events.
- Default payment status.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow users to further enhance the functionality of your event management system.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add-on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display your scheduled events by location. There are 4 maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes many datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can also be customized to display the event thumbnail instead of the date.
- Social Media Buttons Add-on: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add on comes free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Template Add on: The Custom Template add on can display your events in a number of visually exciting ways.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you include staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and assign them different permissions with different privileges, so others can help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing Add-on: The Ticketing addon gives you the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. Registrants can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Add-on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories via an attractive graphical calendar.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Addon: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin add-on, you can completely automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture registrant data, track enrollments, and accept payments from your website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add ons.
For full details about the latest Event Espreso features and addons, check out the plugin here:
Below are some of the many testimonials that users have written about Event Espresso:
”My hope with this whole integration is to be able to show other school districts an affordable and easy solution to these registrations. I cannot believe how much money they are charged for less by other companies. This has the potential to save schools tens of thousands, which is huge right now.” Kelly, College Station Independent School District
”Event Espresso event management plugin for WordPress is really an awesome plugin.” Cheryl Smithem, Charleston PR & Design
”Just bought an Event Espresso license for an upcoming conference website we are working on. The custom registration forms functionality rocks!” Eric Sopp, Inside Design
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, show planner, or event management consultant, there are just endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed user, spend a little time researching the support forum for useful ideas and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration workflow or enhance the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you do need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great customer support, as many of its clients attest:
”No complaints here. Satisfied customer. You can teach us all few things about customer service. Thanks!” Charles
Event Espresso provides incredible support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software options, however, you may want to consider downloading one of the paid plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you set up Event Espresso on one site only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This enables you to install Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This lets you configure Event Espresso on 5 sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Current pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the software sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticket Registration Software For WordPress
Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your specific situation, or to report problems and leave feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you intend to run events that involve managing dates, times and venues, enrolling participants, or booking tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration System For WordPress