Do you currently run or plan to run events that require managing bookings, such as workshops, community courses, not-for-profit fund raisers, marketing functions, or even a big event like a music concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Managing event registrations is a time-consuming process. You will probably have to manage scheduling, date availability, participant numbers, data processing and storage, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to event participants.
There are many advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily replicate similar events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be expensive.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based site, you can set up a very inexpensive and professional web-based event registration system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager System
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily create multiple events and start receiving bookings in a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online registrations)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Customize event registration forms
You can use multiple event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is completely different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it has been redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually retire Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website or blog into a feature-rich and professional event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually eliminating the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to perform the enrollment process on their own.
Allowing your attendees to do the data entry frees up your time and lets you spend more of your resources on delivering a more enjoyable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon learn, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Reduced Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party provider. The cost is kept to a minimum by using a model where users start with the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and buy addons only if you need extra features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new event registrations 24 hours a day. In addition, Event Espresso social and marketing features and add ons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event invite other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, the event registration process remains entirely online, eliminating typical paper consumption from tasks associated with administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the data you acquire from event participants.
Event Espresso Features
The Event Espresso plugin provides functionality to its customers through built-in features (these are included with the software) and additional features that you can buy for an extra cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers a number of built-in to web site owners. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and use. Ready to start using in minutes.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In EE 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your upcoming events and add these to their schedule with a calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso integrates with payment gateways, enabling you to collect money before running the events.
- Intelligent Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary attendee’s registration information for any added participants.
- Default Price Types. Price types allow event managers to create new prices that adjust the default ticket pricing for your default ticket.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 provides three comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 provides you with the tools to understand who your customers are and how they’ve done business with you.
- No Ticket Events. Set up events without the requirement for registrants to select tickets. Use Event Espresso for any kind of event, not just those that need tickets.
- RSS Event Feeds. Automatically update customers, bring in more visitors and expand your content reach with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Works With The Latest Version Of WP. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build highly aesthetic event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Full Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in complete control of every aspect of an event’s registration and ticketing processes, and allows you to automate this process with event management tools that include staff and venue management, custom event designs, payment processing and handling, list waiting, limits on attendees, printable ticketing and more.
- Exportable Data. You can export all the data gathered from event customers into Excel or CSV format for compiling reports, implementing new marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- WP WYSIWYG Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WP WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to quickly and easily add images and create your event descriptions without knowing HTML or CSS, just like any standard WordPress post or page.
- Registrant Records. Manage your attendee’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their data organized and easily accessible.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and your site visitors can help promote your event using social media sharing buttons.
- Accurate Event Attendee Manager. You control your attendees’ date; who has enrolled, which event they have booked and what amount they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export a list of event attendees to an Excel spreadsheet for additional uses, send customizable payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your event registrants individually or collectively.
Extra features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These allow web developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso application that are fully compatible with the WordPress development platform.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. EE 4 allows you to generate a log file with debugging data which can be helpful for web developers when potential application errors.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also provides you with 40+ additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when you search for events inside the Event Espresso admin.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service tax to all tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listing pages.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow customers to significantly enhance the functionality of events.
Some of these addons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize multiple datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template enables your users to browse for events that occur in a certain date range.
- EE4 Events Social Sharing Add-on: This add on adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that lets your attendees to share a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after booking.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files addon provides PHP files that let you bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you include other users in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and assign them different permissions with different privileges, allowing staff to help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain sections of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain parts of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add on.
- Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add-on gives you the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at venues. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Table View Template Add-on: The Events Table Template add on gives you an easy-to-use system that allows you to edit the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers design their own custom templates using one of the included templates as a base template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and marketing software add on, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track bookings, and accept payments from your website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are some of the many testimonials that customers have posted about Event Espresso:
”I want to commend you on a fabulous product which is just the right price for a small non-profit. People are happy with the registration process, as are we! …Thank you SO much for a great product.” Sandra Forero Bush, World Trade Center Tacoma
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, seminar promoter, or event consultant, there are just endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, spend a little time researching the forums for inspiration and practical suggestions to improve your event management process and enhance the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with most WordPress plugins and themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent end-user support, as so many of its users confirm:
”Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
Event Espresso provides incredible support that includes access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, priority support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in various plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software features, however, you should consider downloading one of the premium plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you install Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This edition enables you to install Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This enables you to run Event Espresso on five sites. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing details of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest price: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration System For WordPress
Please Note: The pricing above was current when this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to a specific situation, or to notify developers about issues and share feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product site.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands of businesses.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site and you currently run events that involve scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), booking attendees, and selling tickets, then you will probably not find a better plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticketing Registration System For WordPress