Do you currently run or plan to run events that need managing registrations, such as workshops, group courses, non-profit fund raisers, networking functions, or even a big event such as an arts & crafts, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Managing event sign-ups can be a time-consuming process. You will probably have to manage scheduling, date availability, attendee numbers, data processing, collecting payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and issuing tickets to participants.
There are lots of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily reproduce previously-run events, give event managers more control, create a better client experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered web site, you can easily set up an inexpensive and highly professional web-based event booking system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management And Ticket Registration Software
The Event Espresso online event registration software allows you to easily schedule your event and start accepting registrations in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed application that gives you full control of the event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can use multiple event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up selling tickets, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and email marketing systems.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is completely different than the older EE 3, as it is being redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Learn more about the plugin here:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current online presence into a fully-featured and automated event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple pricing options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by practically eliminating the need to process registrations manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for attendees to register by themselves.
Letting your attendees to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing admin work and lets you spend more of your time on planning a more enjoyable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Lower Costs: Event Espresso gives you an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where Event Espresso users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then buy add-ons only if you need extra functionality.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new event bookings outside traditional business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social and marketing add-ons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event invite other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, your event signup process can remain wholly online, eliminating traditional paper waste from tasks related to administration.
- Own Your Information. You control all the information you acquire from your event attendees.
Event Espresso provides functionality to users via standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that customers can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique built-in to web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Ready to start using in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration. With Event Espresso you can collect unique information using a custom event registration form on your web site to prepare a tailored experience for your clients.
- Event Calendar. Customers can easily see your events and add these to their schedule with the WordPress calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso seamlessly integrates with payment gateways, enabling you to collect payments prior to running your events.
- Intelligent Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary attendee’s registration details for any added attendees.
- Default Prices. Set up events quickly and easily with pre-configured default pricing.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 provides 3 built-in in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 provides you with the tools to understand who your customers are and how you’ve done business with your customers. Your Contact Profile section records the name, biography, contact details, event registration details, private comments, and more about each attendee.
- Waiting Lists. Prospective participants can join a waiting list if your event has reached the maximum number of registrants. You can also make it a requirement wait-listed attendees pay for their spots if you plan to add more capacity for your event.
- Public Commenting. Add “social proof” by encouraging potential attendees to interact with you online via commenting and past participants to post reviews that can help others consider whether or not to enroll. Moderation settings for public commenting are specified using the WP native commenting system.
- Optimized For The Most Recent Version Of WP. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build visually enhanced event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Easy Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in full control of every aspect of your event’s registration and ticketing processes, and also allows you to automate the process with event management tools that include staff and venue management, custom event designs, payment processing and handling, wait lists, attendee limits, print-ready ticketing and more.
- Default Tickets. If you find yourself creating identical tickets for many of your events, you can set one of those tickets as your default ticket for all new events simply by checking a box.
- Event Venue Profiles. The venue management feature in EE 4 lets details about venues to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the public areas of your website to inform registrants of your event’s location. The venue profile has many of the standard WordPress settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also includes venue details such as venue seating capacity, venue web address, venue phone number, physical and virtual location, map, etc. You can also list venue profiles throughout different areas on your theme as well as on a venue archive page on your site where you can set up and display venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a given venue.
- Attendee Records. Manage your attendee’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their information organized and easily within reach.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and website visitors can spread the word about your events using social media sharing buttons.
- Transaction Reports. Event reporting gives you data of your registrations and transactions, allowing you to measure the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and amount of revenue has been collected.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These features allow developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso software that are completely compatible with the WordPress development platform.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for regular website visitors when you need to make updates on your site. You can continue to work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value: According to the mission statement on their website, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the work of re-entering event data when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service tax to all tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page in registration.
In addition to a very large range of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow software users to further expand the functionality of your event management system.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used instead.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize the events with multiple datetimes into a drop-down list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template shows categories in a simple list. Clicking the category name shows the events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- EE4 Events Social Sharing Addon: This addon adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your registrants to share a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after registration.
- Custom Files Add on: The Custom Files add on lets you override certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you involve other users in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and give them different permissions with different capabilities, so your staff can help you manage your events or the events that other people create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multiple Event Registration Add on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives potential customers the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their shopping cart. With the Multi-Event Registration add on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Calendar Add-on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories via a nice graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration Add-on: The MailChimp add on lets you auto-register participants to a specific autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website:
Here are just some of the many great testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer
”When you can get a company to expend more money switching systems just to use your plugin…you’ve really accomplished something.” David, House of Prayer
”Event Espresso plugin still rocks. Saw you guys were up for the WP Honors too. Glad I paid for it! If you need event management on your WordPress site I recommend Event Espresso.” Patrick Allmond, Focus Consulting
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, concert promoter, or event consultant, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered owner, spend a little time going through the user forum for inspiration and practical suggestions to streamline your event management process and improve the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso works with with other WP plugins and WordPress themes that follow standard WordPress coding rules. If you do need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive end-user support, as so many of its customers attest:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
Event Espresso provides great support including access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can rely on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in various editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you run Event Espresso on one domain only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Edition – This license allows you to run Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This enables you to run Event Espresso on five domains. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
Pricing details of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software sells for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Registration Software For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to remain subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s online documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a specific situation, or to notify developers about bugs and share feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event booking and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands of WordPress users.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site and you currently run an event that involves managing dates and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a better plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
To learn more, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Ticketing Registration Plugin