Does your company currently run or plan to run events that need co-ordinating bookings or registrations, such as workshops, group classes, charity fund-raisers, marketing conferences, or even a large-scale event like a concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Managing event sign-ups is a complex process. You may be required to manage scheduling, availability, registration numbers, data processing, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to event registrants.
There are many benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily duplicate recurring events, give you more control, create a more enjoyable user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based website or blog, you can easily set up an inexpensive and highly professional web-based event registration system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager Plugin
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin lets you easily set up multiple events and begin accepting bookings literally in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online event registrations)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed software that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Customize event registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up ticket sales, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and email marketing software.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as it is being redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more about the plugin:
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing digital presence into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually doing away with the chore of processing registrations manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for participants to register by themselves.
Letting your attendees to do the data themselves frees up your time and lets you concentrate more energy on delivering a more enjoyable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management and registration process that you want your users to experience.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd party provider. The cost is kept low by using a model where users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy addons when you need extra features.
- Increased Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept online event registrations 24/7. In addition, Event Espresso social and marketing features (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event share your information with friends who may also be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign up process is transacted wholly online, eliminating typical paper waste from tasks related to admin and record-keeping.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the data you collect from your event attendees.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to users via built-in features (these come with the plugin) and optional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in minutes.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso allows you to configure as many types of tickets as you need and set different pricing options, ticket quantity limits, and more.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Attendees can easily see your events and add these to their schedule using the calendar.
- Tax Admin And Reporting. Event Espresso 4 gives you several ways to handle taxes for your event and provide reports of tax fee components to customers who purchase tickets. You can administer taxes globally or on a per-ticket basis.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your theme and display attendee information throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Price Types. Price types let you create new prices that adjust the base ticket pricing for your system-default ticket.
- Discount Codes. You can leverage promotion and discount codes to incentivize visitors to make a decision without delaying, or simply make your events more affordable for others. This is also practical if you want to sell-out events close to timelines.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of registering event participants when they show up, or sending in paper-based forms for manual registration later.
- Ticketless Events. You can promote events without the requirement for participants to get tickets. Event Espresso can be used for any type of event, not only when tickets are needed.
- RSS Feeds. Keep your customers up-to-date about your events, bring in more visitors and reach a wider audience with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Optimized For The Most Up-To-Date Version Of WordPress. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build highly aesthetic event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso is currently available in 15+ languages, with more languages planned.
- Exportable Data. You can output all of your information gathered from your event attendees into Excel or CSV format for producing advanced reports, devising new marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- WP WYSIWYG Editor. Event Espresso uses the built-in WordPress WYSIWYG editor, so you can quickly and easily insert graphic images and write and edit your event descriptions without knowing HTML or CSS, just like any other WordPress post or page.
- Automatic Plugin Installation Updates. Event Espresso provides easy one-click updating to make sure that you have the latest features and to keep your installation up-to-date with new versions of WordPress.
- Staff Management. Save time and stay organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in an event description.
- Transaction Reports. Event reports provides you with information of all of your registrations and transactions, enabling you to track the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and how much money has been collected.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also robust and customizable for higher end users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, Event Espresso 4 allows for more complex developments and customizations to the plugin.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. EE 4 lets you generate a log file with debugging data which can be useful for web developers when diagnosing application errors.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes over 40 added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including registrant data in emails and email updates.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service fee to each ticket).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during the registration process.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as a comprehensive range of features, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow customers to further expand the capabilities of the event management process.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Custom Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes events with multiple datetimes into a dropdown list.
- Events Date Range Template Addon: The Date Range custom event list template allows your users to browse for events that occur within a certain date range.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your site is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Add-on: The Custom Template addon is capable of displaying your events in a range of visually exciting ways.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Editions: This add on lets you include staff in the event management process and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing staff to help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain parts of your WP dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- EE4 Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Add-on: The Ticketing addon gives you the ability to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add-on adds the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add on: This add on uses the WordPress calendar to display events and categories of events via an attractive graphical calendar.
- JSON API Add-on: The new Event Espresso JSON API add on gives permission for other applications, websites, mobile apps, etc… to access your Event Espresso content through an Application Programming Interface (API).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
For full details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Customers – Testimonials
Below are a few of the testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Thanks to you and the rest of the team for Event Espresso – Every time I get a signup for an event, I think about how much time EE saves me – and signups happen while I’m out on the water teaching kayaking, not answering the phone. :-)” Tue Brems Olesen, OnAdventure
”…it really does blow everything else that’s out there out of the water.” Chris Reynolds, Arcane Palette Creative Design
”Event Espresso plugin still rocks. Saw you guys were up for the WP Honors too. Glad I paid for it! If you need event management on your WordPress site I recommend Event Espresso.” Patrick Allmond, Focus Consulting
Whether you are an education services provider, teacher, concert planner, or event management consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After downloading your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, go through the forums for tips and practical ways to improve your event management workflow and enhance the experience of your event registrants.
Event Espresso is compatible with all WordPress plugins and themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as so many of its satisfied customers attest:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides comprehensive support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can depend on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a number of editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider using one of the premium plugin versions below:
- Personal License Edition – This allows you to configure Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything License – This option lets you install Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This lets you install Event Espresso on five domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Note: The pricing above was current at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s documentation tools for answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to your particular situation, or to report bugs and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the leading WP event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands.
If you are a WordPress user and you intend to run an event that involves scheduling dates, times and venues, registering attendees, or selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable WordPress plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager System