Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that require co-ordinating registrations, such as workshops, community classes, charity fund-raisers, corporate functions, or even a large-scale event like a trade exhibit, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Managing event registrations can be a complex process. You will most likely have to manage scheduling, dates, registration numbers, data collection, payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and providing tickets to event attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily duplicate recurring events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that this can be very costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-powered web site, you can download and install an inexpensive and professional web-based event booking system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management And Ticket Registration Software
The Event Espresso online event registration WordPress software allows you to easily create an event and start receiving bookings in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and take online event bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed application that gives you full control over your event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can use several event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up selling tickets, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as it has been revamped using a different structure to enable future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Learn more about the plugin here:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website or blog into a fully-featured and automated event management site … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically eliminating the chore of processing registrations manually.
Essentially, you are enabling participants to enroll on their own.
Letting your customers to do the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you spend more of your resources on creating a memorable event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will discover in a moment, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your users to experience.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Significantly Lower Costs: Event Espresso is a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to developing your own system or using a 3rd party service. This is made possible by using a model where users start with the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy optional add-ons only if you need new functionality.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online event signups outside normal business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social and marketing features and add-ons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with their friends who may also be interested.
- Green And Paperless Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event signup process can be performed entirely online, significantly reducing typical paper consumption from tasks related to enrollment.
- Own Your Data. You own all the data obtained from your event attendees.
The Event Espresso software provides functionality to its customers via built-in features (these come with the software) and optional features that customers can buy for an extra cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many great built-in to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Ready to start using in minutes.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), that these can be managed from one single event.
- Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your upcoming events and add these to their schedule using the WordPress calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with several payment gateways, allowing you to collect payments before running events.
- Intelligent Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is smart, fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary registrant’s details for any additional attendees.
- Spam Protection. Eliminate the chance of spammers and robots creating bogus registrations by using reCAPTCHA tools to provide human validation.
- Mobile Registration And Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system allows you to authenticate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, set up various check-in “stations” and track event participants.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. Event Espresso 4 provides you with the tools to understand who your clients are and how they have done business with you.
- No Ticket Events. Set up events without requiring registrants to book tickets. Use Event Espresso for any kind of event, not only those that need tickets.
- Public Commenting. Add social interactivity to your event by encouraging potential attendees to ask questions about your event and past attendees to post comments that can help others decide whether or not to enroll. Moderation settings for public comments are set up in the WordPress default commenting settings.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events let you develop an event page in your own time frame without displaying it live on your website. You can continue editing your event pages until you are ready to take things live, or schedule to publish your event pages at a future time and date.
- Your Organization Settings. you can configure your profile to display throughout Event Espresso and your WordPress themes. Organization fields include: company name, address, city, state, country, zip code, email, phone number, tax number, business logo, Facebook profile URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ URL, Instagram profile URL.
- Upload Event Information. EE 4 provides a CSV-based importing feature that allows you to upload bulk event data at once. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, ticketing information, pricing, registration questions, venue info, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Venue Management. The venue management feature in Event Espresso 4 allows details about venues to be published throughout the Event Espresso admin and the public areas of your site to inform attendees of your event’s location. The venue profile displays many standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also lets you add information such as venue seating capacity, venue site URL, telephone number, physical, location map, etc. You can also display venues in specific locations of your theme and on a venue listing page on your site where you can set up and reuse venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a specific venue.
- Registrant Records. You can manage your attendee’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their data organized and easily accessible.
- Team Member Manager. Save time and stay organized by reusing staff member profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in an event description.
- Event Posts. Publish your events using pages or posts and take advantage of WordPress custom post types. You can also customize the page templates to display events in your own custom way.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows you to have more control and options over the content of your event pages and how your information displays to your prospective customers.
- Control Box Management & Organization. Event Espresso leverages the WordPress user interface, which gives you the ability to organize the user interface to match your workflow process. Each meta box can be collapsed, re-arranged or deleted from your workflow configuration.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events in the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing a common set of questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page during the registration process.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as an incredible range of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow software users to significantly enhance the capabilities of managing an event.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize multiple datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add on: The Category Accordion template displays categories as a simple list. Clicking a category name displays all events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files add on provides PHP files that let you bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you include others in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, so others can help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain sections of your WP dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing Add on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for managing check-in scans at the venue door. Attendees can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Table View Template Add on: The Events Table Template add-on provides you with an easy-to-use system that allows you to change the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers build their own custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin addon, you can completely automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track enrollments, and accept payments from your Event Espresso powered website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For more information about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Here are some of the many great testimonials that satisfied customers have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is so easy to use yet feature rich and stable. It is a cornerstone of our site and our success.” Fraser Barner, Speaker’s Lab
”I have been using Event Espresso to run my festival and have been very happy with how it has worked out. They have provided tremendous support and their iPhone app is amazing and easy to use. I suggest using it for your event.” Alex Grant, Byron Spirit Festival
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, event promoter, or event management consultant, there are just countless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, search the support forum for useful ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your customers.
Event Espresso works with with most WordPress plugins and themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent customer support, as many of its customers confirm:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
The Event Espresso software provides exceptional support with access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can depend on to run and manage your events.
Product License Pricing
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin features, however, you will want to consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This option allows you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This allows you to set up Event Espresso on one site only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This option lets you run Event Espresso on five domains. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing for the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software retails for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Manager
Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the software’s documentation pages for answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to a particular use-case, or to notify developers about problems and give feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event registration and ticketing manager software, used and trusted by thousands of event managers.
If you own a WordPress website and you currently run events that involve managing dates and venues, registering attendees, and/or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Ticket Registration Plugin