Do you currently run or plan to run events that need managing registrations, such as seminars, training classes, not-for-profit fundraisers, social events, or even a large-scale event like a dance party, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Managing event bookings can be a time-consuming process. You may have to manage calendar schedules, date availability, registration numbers, data processing, collecting payments and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and issuing tickets to attendees.
There are many advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily replicate repeat events, give event managers more control, improve client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be quite costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, you can easily install a very inexpensive and professional online event registration solution.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Ticketing Registration Plugin
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin lets you easily schedule your event and begin receiving online bookings in just minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online bookings)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed application that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can employ several event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is significantly different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the platform is being redeveloped using a different structure to accommodate future expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current digital presence into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for attendees to enrol by themselves.
Letting your clients to do all of the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more resources on delivering a better event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon discover, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and registration process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Reduced Costs: The Event Espresso plugin is a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party service. This is made possible through a model where Event Espresso users buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and then buy addons only when you need added functionality.
- Higher Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online bookings outside normal business hours. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing add ons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event share your information with their friends who may be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process remains wholly in digital form, significantly reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks related to enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the data gathered from event participants.
Event Espresso Features
The Event Espresso software delivers functionality to its users via standard features (these are included with the plugin) and optional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many great built-in to WP users. Here are just some:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in very little time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso allows you to configure multiple ticket types and set prices, limits on ticket quantities, and more.
- Customized Confirmation Email Message. Easily configure automated registration and payment notification email messages to communicate with your attendees.
- Ticket Selector. Present multiple ticket options to prospects so they can purchase the ticket(s) that will best fit their needs.
- Intelligent Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is smart, fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically copy the primary registrant’s information for any additional participants.
- Default Prices. Create events fast by pre-configuring system-default ticket pricing.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system enables you to authenticate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, create multiple check-in “stations” and track all participants.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of event registrants and check-in everyone who attends.
- Waiting Lists. Latecomers can join a waiting list if your event has reached the limit of registrants. You can also make it a requirement wait-listed members pay for their spots if you plan to add more capacity for your event.
- RSS Event Feeds. Keep your users up-to-date about your events, bring in more visitors and reach a wider number of potential customers with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Works With The Latest WordPress Version. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you build aesthetically beautiful event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Country Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used in events, such as currency, currency signs, decimal characters and places, country codes, states or provinces, etc.
- Import Event Data. EE 4 provides an advanced importing feature that allows you to quickly import a lot of event data all at one time. You can export, edit and import data for events, datetimes, ticketing details, pricing, custom registration questions, venues, terminology, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Event Venue Profiles. The venue manager in EE 4 allows information about venues to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front-end of your site to inform visitors of your event’s location. The venue profile displays many of the standard WordPress settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also lets you reuse venue details like venue seating capacity, venue website, venue phone number, venue location details, map, etc. You can also list all of your venues in various locations on your WP theme as well as on a venue archive page on your site where you can set up and display venue profiles for multiple events or display every event you have listed for a particular venue.
- Attendee Profiles. You can manage each customer’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their data organized.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and your website visitors can help spread the word about your event using social media sharing buttons.
- Accurate Participant Management. You control your attendees’ details; who has enrolled, which event they have registered for and what amount they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered attendees and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to an Excel spreadsheet for additional reports, send custom payment reminders and receipts and communicate with your registrants on a person-by-person basis or collectively.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for basic WP users, and also robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web-based software developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), Event Espresso 4 enables more complex extensions and customizations to the software.
- Maintenance Mode. Pause registrations for normal site visitors when website maintenance is needed. You can still work on your content during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: According to the mission statement on their website, Event Espresso’s aim is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular and highly efficient model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the need to re-enter event data when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service tax to all tickets).
- Default payment status.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as a very large number of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow plugin users to further enhance the capabilities of managing an event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events manager add-on allows you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months ahead. You can create as many events in advance as you want. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all of your recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add on: The Category Accordion template displays event categories in a simple list. Clicking on a category name displays all events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Events Social Sharing Add-on: This addon adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your registrants to post a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after booking.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files addon lets you override certain aspects of the plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Addon Editions: This add-on lets you involve staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the ability to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and give them different permissions with different privileges, allowing staff to help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain parts of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multiple Event Registration Add on: The Multiple Event registration addon gives potential customers the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multiple Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Table View Template Add on: The Events Table Template add-on provides event managers with a simple and easy-to-use system that lets you edit the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also enables web developers to build custom templates using one of the templates included as a base template.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp addon lets you automatically register participants to a specified autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are a few of the many testimonials that plugin users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Tri-South, Inc is using Event Espresso to manage the course catalog, event ticketing, and class registration. [As their developer] I have customized a few items to make the site and plugin a seamless integration. The client is very pleased!” Jenifer Design
”Customizing an Event Registration plugin for WordPress by @EventEspresso. Love the pro version. Highly Recommended!” Joshua Garity
”I played around with the free version for a couple hours then purchased the Pro for a client. Love it and so do they! Sweetest Event plugin I have tried.” Bill Chambers, Bill Chambers Design
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, trainer, concert promoter, or event professional, there are simply countless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, visit the user forum for tips and practical ways to streamline your event management workflow or improve the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso works with with other WP plugins and themes that follow standard WP development guidelines. If you find that you need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive end-user support, as so many of its plugin users confirm:
”It’s magical. Support is amazing, plugin is simple to use, a 3 year old could use the iPhone app…it all is very impressive and professional.” David, House of Prayer
Event Espresso provides exceptional support with access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you will want to consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal License Edition – This enables you to set up Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This license allows you to configure Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This lets you set up Event Espresso on five domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin is selling for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticket Manager
Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Additional Plugin Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s online documentation tools for answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to your specific use-case, or to notify developers about issues and give feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing management software, used and trusted by thousands of WordPress website owners.
If you are a WordPress site owner and you intend to run an event that involves scheduling dates and venues (offline and online), registering attendees, and/or reserving tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable WordPress plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso