Do you currently run or plan to run events that need handling bookings, such as seminars, training classes, non-profit fund raisers, marketing functions, or even a big event such as an exhibition, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event sign-ups is a complicated and time-consuming process. You may need to manage scheduling, date availability, registration numbers, data processing and storage, payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders and alerts, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to participants.
There are a number of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily reproduce recurring events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event booking system can be very expensive.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-powered website, you can easily set up an inexpensive and highly professional online event registration solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration software lets you easily schedule your event and start accepting bookings literally in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed plugin that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can employ various event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media and email marketing tools.
View detailed information about event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is significantly different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the software has been redeveloped using a different structure to accommodate future growth. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually move completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current digital presence into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by virtually doing away with the need to process registrations and signups manually.
Basically, you are enabling attendees to register on their own.
Letting your attendees to do all of the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you focus more of your resources on creating a more enjoyable event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and registration process that you want your attendees to experience.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Reduced Costs: Event Espresso provides you with an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party provider. This is made possible through a model where you purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase optional add ons when you need new features.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept online sign-ups any time of day or night. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features and add-ons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event invite other people they know who may be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event registration process remains entirely online, reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks related to admin and record-storage.
- All Data Belongs To You. You own all the data you collect from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers via standard features (these are included with the software) and optional features that you can buy for an additional cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso allows you to configure as many types of tickets as you want and specify different pricing options, maximum number of tickets, etc.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Registrants can easily see your events and add these to their schedule using a WordPress calendar.
- Tax Administration. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of options to administer taxes for your event and report tax fees to registrants when purchasing tickets. You can configure taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your theme and display attendee details throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Price Types. Price types allow event managers to create new prices that adjust the default ticket pricing for your default ticket.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 provides three useful in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of registering event participants when they show up, or send in paper-based registration forms for manual processing later.
- Admin Pre-approval. Be selective about who can register for your events.
- Public Commenting. Add social a new level of social sharing to your event by allowing potential attendees to ask questions about your event and past participants to post reviews that can help others choose whether or not to register. Moderation settings for comments are set up using the WP native commenting settings.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events enable you to develop your event page in your own time-frame without publishing it to your site. You can work on your event until you are ready to publish it live to your site, or schedule to publish your event page at a future time and date.
- Country-specific Settings. Event managers can configure the country and currency settings that will be used in events, including currency, currency signs, decimal characters and places, country codes, regions, and so on.
- Default Tickets. If you find yourself creating identical tickets for your events, you can set up as your default ticket for the next event simply by checking a box.
- Event Venue Manager. The venue manager in EE 4 lets details about a venue to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front end of your site to inform users of the location of your event. The venue profile has many standard WordPress settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also includes details such as venue capacity, venue website, telephone number, venue location details, location map, etc. You can also display venues in various areas on your WP theme as well as on a venue archive page on your website where you can set up and reuse venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a specific venue.
- Automatic Updating. Event Espresso provides easy one-click plugin updating to ensure that you have the latest features and to keep your plugin installation up-to-date with new versions of WordPress.
- Staff Member Management. Save time and keep your data organized by reusing staff member profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as staff member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in any event description.
- Accurate Participant Management. You have control of your participants’ date; who has registered, which event they have booked and how much they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered attendees and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an attendee list to a CSV file for additional uses, send customized payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your attendees individually or all at once.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for non-technical WP users, and also extremely robust and customizable for higher end users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), Event Espresso 4 enables more complex extensions and customizations to the application.
- Control Box Management & Organization. Event Espresso leverages the WordPress user interface, which brings the ability to reconfigure the user interface to match your workflow. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or entirely deleted from your page.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a modular and effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with over 40 additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when you search for events within the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse commonly asked questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow customers to further enhance the capabilities of your event management system.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add-on: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display scheduled events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Manager Addon: The Recurring Events manager add on enables you to put events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months ahead. You can create as many events in the future as you need. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Addon: The Category Accordion template shows the categories in a simple list. Clicking on a category name displays all events associated with that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Add-on: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add on comes free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon allows you to take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give your users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event prices when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the site will have access to your special events. Members can also add personal data into their profile page allowing them to quickly register for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event booking form. Users can also view event history and pay for future events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Editions: This addon lets you involve your staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and assign them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing staff to help you manage your events or events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain parts of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add on adds the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on gives you the ability to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Registrants can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Table Template Add on: The Events Table Template add-on gives you an easy-to-use system that allows you to change the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers build their own custom templates using one of the templates included as a source template.
- MailChimp Integration Add-on: The MailChimp add on allows you to automatically register attendees to a specific autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new add ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Plugin Users – Feedback
Below are just some of the many testimonials that satisfied users have written about Event Espresso:
”Tri-South, Inc is using Event Espresso to manage the course catalog, event ticketing, and class registration. [As their developer] I have customized a few items to make the site and plugin a seamless integration. The client is very pleased!” Jenifer Design
”Probably the best event management plugin available.” Materia Inspiration Centre
”I am in love with your product, I work with many educational institutions that hold classes/events and I will definitely recommend this to all of them, the only time I have seen a system this comprehensive and sophisticated is when an organization I worked with paid a programmer nearly $8,000 for a custom solution, and yet still there are features in your registration system that his didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help and patience.” Abdullah J.
Whether you are a gym owner, teacher, conference promoter, or event professional, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered owner, spend a little time going through the forums for inspiration and practical suggestions to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your event participants.
Event Espresso works with with other WP plugins and themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent support, as so many of its satisfied plugin end-users attest:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
The Event Espresso plugin provides robust support including access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso Cost
Event Espresso is available in different editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin options, however, you should consider using one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This license option allows you to install Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This license option allows you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This edition enables you to configure Event Espresso on five domains. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The price of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software sells for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
Additional Plugin Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the software’s online documentation pages for answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your specific situation, or to notify developers about bugs and share feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands.
If you own a WordPress site and you intend to run any event that involves scheduling dates and venues, enrolling attendees, and selling seating, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticketing Registration Software For WordPress