Do you currently run or plan to run events that require handling registrations, such as seminars, community courses, non-profit fund raisers, corporate conferences, or even a large-scale event like a rave party, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Managing event registrations is a complicated and time-consuming process. You will probably need to co-ordinate calendar schedules, date availability, participant numbers, data collection, payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to event participants.
There are a number of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily replicate repeat events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event booking system can be expensive.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-powered web site, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and professional web-based event booking solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WP allows you to easily schedule your event and begin receiving online bookings in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and process online event registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich application that gives you full control over the event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can employ various event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is significantly different than the older EE 3, as it has been rebuilt using a different structure to accommodate future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website or blog into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by literally eliminating the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are making it easier for participants to enroll on their own.
Letting your clients to do the data entry frees up your time and lets you focus more resources on creating a better event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will discover in a moment, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your attendees to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own software or using a 3rd-party service provider. This is made possible by using a model where users purchase the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and buy addons when you need new features.
- More Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event signups 24/7. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing addons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event share your information with others who may also be interested in attending.
- Green Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process is conducted entirely in digital form, eliminating typical paper waste from tasks associated with administration.
- Own Your Data. You control all the data acquired from your event participants.
Event Espresso provides functionality to users through standard features (these come with the software) and additional features that you can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great features to WordPress users. Here are just some:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in minutes.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- Customizable Event Designs. Match your website’s look and feel for your events and bookings page using Event Espresso’s template options and components, and HTML and/or CSS.
- Tax Administration Options. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of options to handle taxes for your event and provide reports of tax fees to customers who purchase tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows you to customize the look and control settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Default Price Types. Price types allow you to create new prices that adjust the default ticket pricing of the default ticket.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes 3 comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 lets you know who your clients are and how you have previously engaged with your customers. Your Contact Profile page stores the name, biography, contact details, event registration details, comments, and more about each customer.
- No Ticket Events. Promote events without requiring registrants to get tickets. Event Espresso can be used for any type of event, not only when tickets are required.
- Public Commenting. Add social interactivity to your events by encouraging potential prospects to ask questions about your event and past customers to post feedback that can help others choose whether or not to register. Moderation settings for commenting are configured via the WP built-in commenting admin area.
- Optimized For The Latest Version Of WP. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you create highly aesthetic event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- Complete Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in complete control of all aspects of an event’s registration and ticketing, and allows you to automate the process with event management tools that include staff and venue manager, custom event designs, payment processing, wait lists, limits on attendees, printable ticketing and more.
- Upload Event Data. EE 4 provides an advanced importing feature that enables you to upload a lot of event data at once. You can export, edit and import information about events, datetimes, tickets, pricing, registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Multiple Event Participant. Event Espresso 4 allows an individual or a group to enroll multiple participants at the same time. You control how many attendees can register in one session by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Automatic Plugin Installation Upgrading. Event Espresso offers simple one-click plugin updates to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your software installation up-to-date with new versions of WordPress.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and your site visitors can spread the word about your event using social media share buttons.
- Categorize Events. If you have a number of event types like free and paid, workshops and mastermind sessions, different types of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize them to make it easier for your attendees to find what they’re looking for. You can display all the events in a category on an event category page, make events searchable by category, and color-code events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, as well as suggesting other events in the categories that interest your existing customers.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows developers to have more control and options over the content of your event page and how your information displays to your prospects.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. EE 4 allows you to generate a log file with debugging data which can be helpful for web developers when troubleshooting.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a modular and highly efficient model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – eliminates the need to re-enter event information when creating new events.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service tax to all tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow customers to further enhance the functionality of events.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used instead.
- Recurring Events Management Add-on: The Recurring Events manager add on lets you put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months … even years in advance. You can create as many events in the future as you want. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template displays the categories as a simple list. Clicking on a category name shows all events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Add-on: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add-on is included free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Files Add on: The Custom Files addon allows you to bypass certain aspects of the plugin.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart addon is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on lets you offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add-on lets you manage the experience for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach single prices to every seat.
- EE4 Event Ticketing Add-on: The Ticketing add on gives you the capacity to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add-on gives you the capacity to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the venue door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Add-on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories via a nice graphical calendar.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and business marketing software add on, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture registrant data, track bookings, and accept payments from your website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin, including new addons.
To learn more about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website here:
Below are just some of the testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”I want to commend you on a fabulous product which is just the right price for a small non-profit. People are happy with the registration process, as are we! …Thank you SO much for a great product.” Sandra Forero Bush, World Trade Center Tacoma
“I just completed my first event using Event Espresso. I really believe without Event Espresso my event would not have been the success it was.” Cathy Earle, Women Only Weekend
”I’m using it on multiple sites and enjoying it. It’s simple and as others have stated… fast service and real help.” Arlen Nagata
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, festival planner, or event management consultant, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed user, search the forums for new ideas and practical ways to improve your event management workflow and improve the experience of your customers.
Event Espresso works with with other WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow standard WP development guidelines. If you do need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as many of its customers attest:
”Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
The plugin provides incredible support with access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a number of editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you need to consider downloading one of the premium plugin editions below:
- Personal License Edition – This option allows you to set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This allows you to configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This edition enables you to set up Event Espresso on 5 sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to a particular use-case, or to notify developers about bugs and share feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing management software, used by thousands.
If you own a WordPress web site and you plan to run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, or selling tickets, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso