Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that need managing bookings, such as workshops, group courses, charity fund raisers, social functions, or even a large-scale event such as a food fair, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Co-ordinating event bookings is a complex process. You may need to manage scheduling, availability, registration numbers, data processing and storage, payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to attendees.
There are many benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily copy settings for previous events, give event managers more control, create a better user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-powered site, you can install a very inexpensive and highly professional web-based event registration system.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin enables you to easily set up an event and begin accepting online bookings in just minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online event registrations)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed application that gives you complete control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use various event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your participants, or integrating your event bookings with an autoresponder system for ongoing follow-ups.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their software: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is completely different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it has been redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually phase out Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and features of using this plugin.
Learn more here:
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into an automated and fully featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically eliminating the need to process registrations and signups manually.
Essentially, you are facilitating participants to perform the registration on their own.
Allowing your enrollees to do all of the data entry frees up your time and lets you invest more attention on organizing a memorable event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will see in a moment, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and booking process that you want your attendees to experience.
Additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Less Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy add-ons only when you need extra functionality.
- Increased Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event bookings any time of day or night. In addition, Event Espresso social features (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with others who may also be interested in attending.
- Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, your event booking process can remain entirely in digital form, eliminating typical paper waste from tasks related to administration.
- All Data Belongs To You. You control all the information collected from event participants.
Event Espresso Features
The Event Espresso plugin provides functionality to its customers via standard features (these come with the plugin) and optional features that you can buy for an extra cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great features to WP users. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration Forms. Event Espresso lets you gather unique data using a custom event registration form on your site to create a unique experience for your clients.
- Customizable Event Designs. Create a custom look for your events and signup page using Event Espresso’s template options and parts, as well as HTML and CSS.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with payment gateways, allowing you to collect payments before running events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables event managers to configure the display settings of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Default Price Types. Price types allow you to create new prices that adjust the default ticket pricing for the system-default ticket.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you validate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, create multiple check-in “stations” and track participants.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of participants and confirm those who attend.
- Administrative Pre-approval. Be selective about who can and cannot attend your events.
- RSS Event Feeds. Automatically update blog readers, drive quality traffic and expand your content reach with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword-Rich Page URLs. Keyword-rich Web links leverage your WP site’s Permalinks configuration settings. “Pretty” permalinks with relevant keywords enhance the context of your pages and is favored by search engines, helping you drive a more targeted audience to your website.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso is is available in 15+ languages, with more languages coming soon.
- Exportable Information. You can output all the data gathered from your event attendees into Excel or CSV format for compiling reports, devising new marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to quickly and easily insert photos and stylize your content without knowing HTML or CSS, just like any standard WP post.
- Attendee Records. Manage your attendee’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their information organized and easily accessible.
- Staff Member Management. Save time and keep your information organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying their profile using a shortcode in an event description.
- Categorize Events. If you have a number of event types such as free and paid, conference speakers and mastermind sessions, different kinds of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize them to help your registrants to locate what they’re searching for. You can list all the events in a category on an event category page, make the events searchable by category, and colour-code your events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, as well as suggesting new events in the categories that appeal to your existing customers.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These allow web developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso software that are completely compatible with WordPress.
- Metabox Management & Organization. Event Espresso leverages the WP user interface, which gives you the ability to organize the user interface to suit your workflow. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or deleted from your workflow configuration.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes over 40 added features, including:
- Live-filtering when you search for events in the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing a series of questions for similar events.
- Category titles and descriptions on event listing pages.
As well as an incredible number of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow you to further enhance the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Addon: The Vector Maps custom events list template lets you display your upcoming events by location. Four maps are currently available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Manager Addon: The Recurring Events management add on allows you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months ahead. You can schedule as many classes, meetings, courses and conferences in the future as you like. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all of these recurring events.
- Events Calendar Table Template Addon: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can also be customized to display the event thumbnail instead of the date.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your site is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration add-on lets you take advantage of the WordPress user system. With the WP User Integration add-on you can give users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event prices when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the website can have access to your special events. Members can also add personal data into their profile page allowing them to quickly register for events by auto-filling in the personal information on the event registration form. Users can also look up event history and pay for events.
- Seating Chart Add on: The seating chart add on is great for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is perfect for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add-on lets you offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart addon lets you control the environment for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach single prices to each seat.
- Multiple Event Registration Add on: The Multi-Event registration addon gives your potential customers the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their shopping cart. With the Multiple Event Registration add on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add-on: This addon uses the WP calendar to display events and event categories using an attractive graphical calendar.
- JSON API Add on: The new Event Espresso JSON API add on lets other applications, web tools, mobile applications, etc… to access your Event Espresso content through an API (Application Programming Interface).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new addons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website:
Here are some of the many testimonials that plugin users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Thanks to you and the rest of the team for Event Espresso – Every time I get a signup for an event, I think about how much time EE saves me – and signups happen while I’m out on the water teaching kayaking, not answering the phone. :-)” Tue Brems Olesen, OnAdventure
”When you can get a company to expend more money switching systems just to use your plugin…you’ve really accomplished something.” David, House of Prayer
”I’m so excited to fire Eventbrite! Event Espresso has an amazing WP plugin for event management. We’re testing it now & are very impressed! In a nutshell Event Espresso saves us money & does everything Eventbrite did before. :)” Dustin Nay
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, teacher, festival promoter, or event management consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, search the support forum for useful ideas and practical ways to improve your event management workflow or enhance the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WP plugins and themes that follow standard WordPress development guidelines. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great user support, as so many of its clients attest:
”Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
Event Espresso provides amazing support that includes access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in various editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you should consider using one of the paid plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This option lets you run Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This allows you to set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This option enables you to install Event Espresso on five domains. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Current pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticket Registration Plugin For WordPress
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular situation, or to report errors and share feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event booking and ticketing management software, used by thousands of WP website owners.
If you are a WordPress user and you currently run an event that requires scheduling dates and venues, registering attendees, or selling seating, then you will probably not find a better plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticket Registration System For WordPress