Does your company currently run or plan to run events that need managing bookings or registrations, such as workshops, group courses, not-for-profit fund-raisers, social conferences, or even a large-scale event such as an art exhibition, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event registrations can be a complex process. You will probably need to co-ordinate calendar schedules, event dates, participant numbers, data entry, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to event participants.
There are many advantages to setting up an automated web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily copy settings for repeat events, give event managers more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very costly.
Fortunately, if you run a WordPress-powered website, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and highly professional online event booking system.
Event Espresso – Event Management And Ticket Registration System For WordPress
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily set up multiple events and start accepting registrations literally in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and take online bookings)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed plugin that gives you full control over the event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use a range of event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up ticket-selling, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and autoresponders.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is impressively different than the older EE 3, as the plugin has been revamped using a different structure to allow for future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and features of using this plugin.
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into an automated and fully featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are enabling event attendees to enrol by themselves.
Letting your attendees to do the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more of your time on delivering a more enjoyable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and booking process that you want your users to experience.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Reduced Costs: The Event Espresso plugin is a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where Event Espresso users buy the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase add ons when you need added functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event signups 24/7. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features and add ons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event invite others who may be interested in attending.
- Green & Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can be completed entirely online, significantly reducing typical paper consumption from tasks associated with admin and record-storage.
- Own Your Information. You control all the information you acquire from event participants.
The Event Espresso software provides functionality to its customers via standard features (these come with the plugin) and optional features that users can buy for an additional cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many great built-in to WP users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and configure. Ready to start accepting registrations in no time.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In EE 4, events can have multiple dates and times (called datetimes), that these can be managed from one single event.
- Event Calendar. Customers can easily find your events and add these to their schedule with a WordPress calendar.
- Tax Admin & Reporting Options. Event Espresso 4 gives you a number of options to handle taxes for your event and report tax fee components to customers when purchasing tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your theme and reuse attendee details throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Prices. Create events quickly and easily with pre-configured system-default ticket prices.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 provides three comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles And Contact List. Event Espresso 4 lets you know who your customers are and how they’ve done business with you.
- Event Manager Pre-approval. Control who can register for your events.
- Event RSS Feeds. Provide automatic updates to blog visitors, bring in more visitors and reach a wider number of potential customers with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword Rich URLs. Keyword rich URLs take advantage of your WP Permalinks configuration settings. “Pretty” permalinks that have relevant keywords add to the context of your content and improves your search rankings, helping you bring a more targeted audience to your events.
- Multi-Language Software. Event Espresso can be run in over 15 languages, with more translations coming soon.
- Exportable Data. You can export all of your data gathered from your event customers into Excel or CSV format for compiling advanced reports, devising marketing strategies, analyzing attendee statistics, and so on.
- Multiple Event Participant. Event Espresso 4 allows a single person or an organization to buy multiple tickets and different ticket types at the same time. You decide how many attendees are able to enrol in a single registration by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Event Espresso Community. Event Espresso lets you interact with a community of experienced event managers, web developers, web designers, internet marketers and business owners who also use the plugin. You can network with other Event Espresso users through their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and website visitors can help increase exposure for your events using social media share buttons.
- Categorize Events. If you have several different event types like free and paid, workshops and mastermind sessions, different kinds of courses, etc. you can categorize them to make it easier for your participants to locate what they’re looking for. You can display all the events in a category on an event category page, make events searchable by category, and colour-code events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, in addition to suggesting other events in the categories that appeal to your existing customers.
Extra features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These features allow you to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso software that are compatible with WordPress.
- Full Logging, Remote Logging. Event Espresso 4 allows you to generate a log file with debugging data that can be useful for web developers when diagnosing problems.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ additional features, including:
- Email shortcodes that includes registrant data in confirmation emails and updates.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service fee to all tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
In addition to a comprehensive number of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow customers to significantly enhance the capabilities of the event management process.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used instead.
- Recurring Events Manager Addon: The Recurring Events management add-on enables you to put events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months in advance. You can create as many future events as you want. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all of your recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add on: The Category Accordion template shows categories as a simple list. Clicking the category name shows the events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Events Social Sharing Add on: Add social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your registrants to share a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after registration.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files add on provides PHP files that allow you to override certain aspects of the plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Addon Versions: This add on lets you include other staff in the event management process and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, so others can help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain sections of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing Add on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the ability to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Table Template Add on: The Events Table Template add-on provides event managers with a simple and easy-to-use system that allows you to edit the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets web developers build custom templates using one of the templates included as a base template.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp add-on allows you to auto-register participants to a selected autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin, including new add ons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Customers – Feedback
Below are some of the testimonials that satisfied users have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso rocks! I use it for my dance class registrations. Unlike most dance studios where people have to call or send an email in advance, Event Espresso puts a registration form right there in front of the user and allows me to collect valuable information from the user during the registration process with custom questions such as “Do you have previous dance experience?” or “How did you hear about us?”. It also gives my site a professional look and feel.” Ral, Ral’eau Salsa Dance Company
”When you can get a company to expend more money switching systems just to use your plugin…you’ve really accomplished something.” David, House of Prayer
”Event Espresso plugin still rocks. Saw you guys were up for the WP Honors too. Glad I paid for it! If you need event management on your WordPress site I recommend Event Espresso.” Patrick Allmond, Focus Consulting
Whether you are a gym owner, trainer, workshop planner, or event consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered user, go through the support forum for tips and practical suggestions to streamline your event management workflow or improve the experience of your participants.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso is fully compatible with most WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great technical support, as so many of its plugin clients attest:
”By far, the customer service experience with Event Espresso has been the best of any WordPress Theme or Paid Plugin that I’ve used in the past two years!” Megan Murray, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
Event Espresso provides incredible support that includes access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can rely on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in various editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you should consider using one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal Edition – This license enables you to run Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This allows you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This enables you to install Event Espresso on 5 domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest price: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
Additional Plugin Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to your particular situation, or to notify developers about issues and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WordPress event registration and ticketing management software, used by thousands.
If you own a WordPress web site and you intend to run an event that requires scheduling dates, times and venues, booking participants, or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration & Ticket Management Software