Do you currently run or plan to run events that need managing bookings, such as seminars, community classes, non-profit fundraisers, networking events, or even a big event like a music concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Managing event bookings can be a complicated and time-consuming process. You may need to manage event schedules, event dates, participant numbers, data administration, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and issuing tickets to event registrants.
There are lots of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily copy settings for similar events, give event managers more control, improve client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event registration system can be quite expensive.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based website, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and highly professional web-based event booking solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WP lets you easily create your event and start processing registrations in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and take online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed software that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can employ multiple event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up ticket sales, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your event participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is impressively different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the platform is being revamped using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more about the plugin:
Here are just some of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into a fully-featured and automated event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually doing away with the chore of processing registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are enabling attendees to enrol by themselves.
Allowing your participants to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more time on delivering a better event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon discover, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and booking process that you want your users to experience.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduced Costs: Event Espresso is an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum by using a model where Event Espresso users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then purchase addons only when you need added features.
- More Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept online bookings 24/7. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing add ons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with others who may be interested.
- Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event registration process can be conducted wholly in digital form, eliminating traditional paper consumption from tasks associated with admin and record-storage.
- All Data Belongs To You. You control all the data you obtain from your event participants.
Event Espresso provides functionality to end-users through standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers a number of built-in to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso allows you to create as many different types of tickets as you need and specify unique pricing options, limits on ticket quantities, and more.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Registrants can easily see your events and add these to their schedule with the calendar.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso integrates with payment gateways, enabling you to collect money before running events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables event managers to customize the display settings of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Default Price Types. Price types let you create new prices that adjust the default ticket price of the default ticket.
- Discount & Promotional Codes. Provide promotional and discount codes to encourage prospects to register without delaying, or make your events more affordable for price-sensitive prospects. This is also practical if you want to sell-out events close to timelines.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of attendees and confirm everyone who attends.
- Administrative Pre-approval. Be selective about who can and can’t participate in your events.
- Public Commenting. Add social a new level of engagement to your events by allowing potential prospects to ask questions about your event and previous customers to post comments that can help others consider whether or not to register. Moderation settings for public commenting are configured via the WP commenting system.
- Works With The Most Up-To-Date Version Of WordPress. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you build beautiful event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Multi-Language Software. Event Espresso is being translated into 15+ languages, and more languages are being added all the time.
- Upload Event Data. Event Espresso 4 provides a CSV-based importing capability that lets you import a lot of event data at once. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, tickets, prices, registration questions, venue info, terminology, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Register Multiple Participants. EE 4 allows a single person or people to purchase multiple tickets and different ticket types at once. Event managers can control how many attendees can enroll in a single session by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Registrant Profiles. You can manage your customer’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their records organized and easily within reach.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event registrants who have not fully paid for their enrollment with a standard but personalized PDF invoice with one click. Your invoices will address registered attendees who have not paid their registration yet by name, display the amount owing, and include links to the event, a payment link and a url where they can download a PDF invoice.
- Event Reporting. Event reporting gives you data of the registrations and transactions, enabling you to analyze the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and amount of revenue you’ve collected.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also extremely robust and customizable for higher end users and web-based software developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, Event Espresso 4 enables more complex developments and customizations to the software.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for normal website visitors whenever site maintenance is needed. You can continue to work on your content during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the software has been built using a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with 40+ added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including customer data in notification emails and updates.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse commonly asked questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
In addition to a comprehensive array of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow customers to significantly enhance the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Manager Add on: The Recurring Events manager add-on allows you to put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months ahead. You can schedule as many events in the future as you want. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all of these recurring events.
- Events Calendar Table Template Addon: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can also be customized to display the event thumbnail image instead of the date.
- Social Media Buttons Addon: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add-on is included free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Files Addon: The Custom Files addon provides PHP files that allow you to bypass certain aspects of the plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you involve other users in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing others to help you manage your events or the events that other people create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain sections of your WP dashboard and/or certain parts of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multi-Event Registration Addon: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives your potential customers the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multi-Event Registration add on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add-on: This add-on uses the WordPress calendar to display events and categories of events in an attractive graphical calendar.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Addon: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin add-on, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture event attendee data, track bookings, and accept payments from your web site.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin, including new add ons.
For complete details about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website:
Customers – Testimonials
Here are a few of the testimonials that plugin users have posted about Event Espresso:
”EventEspresso saves us money, saves our secretary 16-24 hours and looks so professionally done that people ask us how we do it; which we happily tell them, “Event Espresso, and be sure to get the ticketing add-on.”” David, House of Prayer
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
”Just bought an Event Espresso license for an upcoming conference website we are working on. The custom registration forms functionality rocks!” Eric Sopp, Inside Design
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a motivational speaker, presenter, festival planner, or event professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the forums for inspiration and practical suggestions to improve your event management process and enhance the experience of your event registrants.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent user support, as so many of its satisfied clients confirm:
“I’m really impressed with not only the application itself but the support. I have rarely seen such a responsive support staff than at EE. They rock…I highly recommend this plugin!” sock2me
The software provides incredible support that includes access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can depend on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software options, however, you should consider purchasing one of the premium plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This license allows you to run Event Espresso on one site only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This license option allows you to set up Event Espresso on 1 domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This allows you to set up Event Espresso on 5 sites. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Current pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin retails for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing: Event Espresso – Event Manager And Registration Software For WordPress
Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s online documentation tools for answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a particular use-case, or to report problems and share feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
Event Espresso is the leading WordPress event registration and ticketing manager plugin, used by thousands of event promoters.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you intend to run an event that requires managing dates, times and venues, booking participants, and/or reserving seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Ticketing Registration Plugin