Managing event sign-ups can be a time-consuming process. You may have to manage scheduling, dates, registration numbers, data administration, payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders and alerts, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to attendees.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily replicate repeat events, give event managers more control, create a more enjoyable client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event booking system can be very expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based website or blog, you can install an inexpensive and professional web-based event registration system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager System
The Event Espresso online event registration software lets you easily schedule an event and start receiving online bookings in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and take online registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich application that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can use a range of event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media and autoresponders.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the plugin is being redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and advantages of using this plugin.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into a fully-featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by literally eliminating the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are making it easier for event attendees to enrol by themselves.
Allowing your participants to do all of the data themselves frees up your time and lets you direct more resources on delivering a memorable event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and booking process that you want your participants to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own software or using a third party service provider. This is made possible through a model where users start with the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy optional add ons only if you need new features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online event sign-ups any time of day or night. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social addons (see below) let people interested in attending your event invite friends who may also be interested.
- Green And Paperless Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign up process can remain wholly in digital form, eliminating traditional paper consumption from tasks related to administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You own all the information you obtain from event participants.
Event Espresso Features
The Event Espresso plugin provides functionality to its users via standard features (these are included with the plugin) and optional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great built-in to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Quick and easy to install and use. Be up and running in very little time.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have multiple dates and times (datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- Customized Confirmation Email Message. Easily set up automated registration and payment notification emails to communicate with event clients.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with payment gateways, allowing you to collect payments before running events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows you to customize the settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Spam Protection. Reduce the risk of spamming and bot software programs making bogus registrations by using reCAPTCHA tools that provide human validation.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes 3 built-in in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 lets you know who your customers are and how they’ve done business with you.
- Administrative Pre-approval. Control who can and can’t register for your events.
- Public Commenting. Add “social proof” by allowing potential registrants to ask questions about your event and previous attendees to post comments that can help others decide whether or not to sign up. Moderation settings for commenting are configured via the WordPress built-in commenting admin area.
- Optimized For The Most Recent Version Of WP. The EE 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you create highly aesthetic event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- Full Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts you in full control of all aspects of your event’s registration and ticketing processes, and allows you to automate this process with event management tools that include staff and venue management, custom event page designs, payment processing and handling, list waiting, attendee limits, print-ready tickets and more.
- Bulk Edit Event Information. EE 4 provides a CSV-based importing capability that lets you upload bulk event data at once. You can export, edit and import data for events, datetimes, ticketing details, pricing, custom registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Register Multiple Event Attendees. EE 4 allows one person or people to book multiple attendees simultaneously. Event managers decide how many attendees are allowed to register in one session by specifying either limits on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Event Espresso Community. Event Espresso provides users with access to an expert community of experienced event managers and other plugin users. You can network with other Event Espresso users through their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event attendees who have not paid yet for their enrollment with a standard but personalized invoice with just one click of a button. Your invoices will reference registered attendees who have not paid their registration in full by name, display the amount owing, and include a link to the event details, a payment link and a url to download a PDF invoice.
- Accurate Event Attendee Manager. You have control of your customers’ information; who has enrolled, which event they have registered for and how much they have paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered attendees and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to Excel for additional reports, send customized payment reminders and receipts and communicate with your customers on a person-by-person basis or collectively.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This allows web-based software developers to have more control and options over the content of your event page and how the information displays to your visitors.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. Event Espresso 4 lets you generate a log file with debugging data that can be helpful for web developers who are potential problems.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their web site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with over 40 added features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events in the Event Espresso admin.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service fee to every ticket).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as a very large array of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow customers to significantly expand the capabilities of events.
Some of these addons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events management add on enables you to put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months in advance. You can schedule as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Addon: The Category Accordion template shows categories as a simple list. Clicking a category name shows all events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Add on: If your site uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Addon: The Custom Template add-on is capable of displaying your event lists in a range of visually exciting ways.
- Seating Chart Addon: The seating chart add on is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is ideal for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on lets you offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the environment for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- EE4 Event Ticketing Add-on: The Ticketing add on gives you the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add-on gives you the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for managing check-in scans at venues. Attendees can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories in a nice graphical calendar.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Addon: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and marketing software add-on, you can completely automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track registrations, and accept payments from your Event Espresso powered website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For complete details about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website here:
Below are some of the testimonials that satisfied customers have written about Event Espresso:
”Thanks to you and the rest of the team for Event Espresso – Every time I get a signup for an event, I think about how much time EE saves me – and signups happen while I’m out on the water teaching kayaking, not answering the phone. :-)” Tue Brems Olesen, OnAdventure
”Probably the best event management plugin available.” Materia Inspiration Centre
”I am in love with your product, I work with many educational institutions that hold classes/events and I will definitely recommend this to all of them, the only time I have seen a system this comprehensive and sophisticated is when an organization I worked with paid a programmer nearly $8,000 for a custom solution, and yet still there are features in your registration system that his didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help and patience.” Abdullah J.
Whether you are an education services provider, presenter, conference promoter, or event management consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the forums for new ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with most WP plugins and themes that follow WP coding standards. If you find that you need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive user support, as many of its users confirm:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
The Event Espresso plugin provides great support with access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso Price
Event Espresso is available in a number of editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software options, however, you will want to consider downloading one of the paid plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This option lets you set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This license allows you to install Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This enables you to run Event Espresso on five domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost of purchasing the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Management
Please Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the plugin’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular situation, or to report errors and give feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands.
If you are a WordPress user and you intend to run events that require managing dates and venues (offline and online), booking participants, and booking tickets, then you will probably not find a better plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager And Registration Software