Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that require co-ordinating registrations, such as seminars, group classes, charity fundraisers, marketing functions, or even a large-scale event such as a festival, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Managing event bookings is a complex and time-consuming process. You need to manage scheduling, event dates, registration numbers, data collection and admin, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to event registrants.
There are lots of benefits to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily copy settings for similar events, give event managers more control, improve client experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based digital presence, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and highly professional web-based event registration solution.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management And Registration System
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WordPress enables you to easily create an event and begin receiving bookings literally in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and accept online bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a feature-rich plugin that gives you full control over the event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event bookings with an autoresponder system for ongoing follow-ups.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their software: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the platform is being rebuilt using a different structure to accommodate future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually retire Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
Learn more here:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just some of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing digital presence into a fully-featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating limits, multiple pricing options and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically doing away with the need to process registrations and signups manually.
Basically, you are enabling participants to register on their own.
Allowing your attendees to do the data themselves frees up your time and lets you invest more of your energy on planning a better event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management process that you want your clients to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third party service provider. This is made possible by using a model where Event Espresso users pay for the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and then buy add ons only if you need new features.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event sign-ups 24 hours a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social add-ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event invite friends who may be interested.
- Green Event Sign-Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can remain entirely online, significantly reducing typical paper waste from tasks associated with administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You own all the data you obtain from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers via standard features (these are included with the software) and optional features that customers can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to WP users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and use. Ready to start using in minutes.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In EE 4, events can have many dates and times (called datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- Customized Notification Emails. Easily configure custom automated booking and payment notification email messages to communicate with your clients.
- Tax Admin And Reporting Options. Event Espresso 4 gives you several options to administer taxes for your event and provide reports of tax fees to customers when purchasing tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables event managers to configure the settings of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Default Prices. Set up events quickly and easily by pre-configuring default pricing.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 provides three built-in in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 lets you understand who your customers are and how you have previously done business with your clients. Your Contact Profile page stores the name, biography, contact details, event registration data, comments, etc. about each client.
- Event Manager Pre-approval. Control who can attend your events.
- Public Commenting. Add social a new level of engagement to your events by encouraging potential prospects to ask questions about your event and past customers to post reviews that can help others choose whether or not to sign up. Moderation settings for commenting are configured via the WP commenting section.
- Optimized For The Most Up-To-Date Version Of WordPress. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you create beautifully-designed event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso is is available in 15+ languages, with more languages coming soon.
- Bulk Import Events. Event Espresso 4 provides an advanced importing capability that allows you to easily upload bulk event data at once. You can export, edit and upload information about events, datetimes, ticketing details, pricing, registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- WordPress WYSIWYG Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WordPress Visual editor, allowing you to quickly and easily add images and format your event descriptions without having to know HTML or CSS, just like any WP post.
- Event Espresso Community. Event Espresso lets you network with a community of experienced event managers, web developers, designers, marketers and businesses who also use the plugin. You can interact with other Event Espresso users using their community chat room, user support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Social Sharing. Event participants and website visitors can tell others about your event using social sharing buttons.
- Attendee Reports. Event reports gives you information of all the registrations and transactions, allowing you to track the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and how much money has been collected.
Extra features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These allow web developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are completely compatible with WordPress.
- Metabox Management And Organization. Event Espresso leverages the WP user interface, which gives you the ability to reorganize the user interface to match your workflow. Each meta box can be collapsed, re-arranged or deleted from your page.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their web site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also provides you with 40+ additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the work of re-entering event details when adding new events.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing a common set of questions for similar events.
- Category titles and descriptions on event listing pages.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow software users to significantly enhance the functionality of managing an event.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events management add-on allows you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years in advance. You can create as many future events as you like. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close registrations for all of your recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template shows categories in a simple list. Clicking a category name shows the events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Addon: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon allows you to take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event prices when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the site will have access to these special events. Members can also enter personal information into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event booking form. Your users can also view event history and pay for events.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart add-on is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is ideal for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add-on allows you to offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues right from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart addon lets you control the environment for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach single prices to every seat.
- Multiple Event Registration Add-on: The Multiple Event registration addon gives your potential customers the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multi-Event Registration add-on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Calendar Addon: This add-on uses the WP calendar to display events and event categories in a nice graphical calendar.
- JSON API Add-on: The Event Espresso JSON API add on permits other software applications, online tools, mobile applications, etc… to access your Event Espresso information through an API (Application Programming Interface).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For full details about the newest Event Espreso features and addons, check out the plugin here:
Users – Testimonials
Below are some of the many great testimonials that users have posted about Event Espresso:
”EventEspresso saves us money, saves our secretary 16-24 hours and looks so professionally done that people ask us how we do it; which we happily tell them, “Event Espresso, and be sure to get the ticketing add-on.”” David, House of Prayer
”…it really does blow everything else that’s out there out of the water.” Chris Reynolds, Arcane Palette Creative Design
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Whether you are an education services provider, presenter, event planner, or event professional, there are simply countless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, visit the forums for inspiration and practical suggestions to improve your event management and registration workflow or enhance the experience of your customers.
Event Espresso works with with other WordPress plugins and themes that follow standard WP development guidelines. If you do need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as many of its plugin users confirm:
”It’s magical. Support is amazing, plugin is simple to use, a 3 year old could use the iPhone app…it all is very impressive and professional.” David, House of Prayer
The plugin provides incredible support including access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, priority support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely software you can depend on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso Price
Event Espresso is available in various plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the premium plugin editions below:
- Personal License Edition – This license option enables you to set up Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything License – This license option allows you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on 5 sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Manager
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the plugin’s documentation tools for answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to a specific use-case, or to report errors and give feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands of WP users.
If you own a WordPress site and you currently run events that require scheduling dates and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, or selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better WordPress plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso