Does your business currently run or plan to run events that need co-ordinating registrations, such as seminars, training courses, non-profit fundraisers, marketing conferences, or even a large-scale event such as a show, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Co-ordinating event sign-ups is a complex and time-consuming process. You may be required to manage scheduling, event dates, attendee numbers, data processing and storage, collecting payments and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily reproduce repeat events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be expensive.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based site, you can download and install an inexpensive and professional online event registration solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration WordPress software enables you to easily set up your event and begin receiving online registrations literally in a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online registrations)
Event Espresso is a feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control over the event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can use various event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket sales, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their software: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is completely different than the older EE 3, as the plugin is being redeveloped using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually phase out Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website into an automated and fully featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically doing away with the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are facilitating event attendees to perform the registration by themselves.
Letting your participants to do all of the data entry frees up your time and lets you focus more energy on creating a memorable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon learn, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management process that you want your attendees to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Reduced Costs: Event Espresso provides you with a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase addons only if you need new features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online signups outside traditional business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social and marketing features and addons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with other people they know who may be interested.
- Green And Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, your event booking process can be completed entirely in digital form, eliminating traditional paper waste from tasks associated with enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You own all the data obtained from your event participants.
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers via standard features (these are included with the plugin) and additional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many great features to website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Ready to start accepting registrations in minutes.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you set up as many types of tickets as you need and specify prices, maximum number of tickets, etc.
- Customizable Event And Registration Page Designs. Create a custom design for your events and registrations page using Event Espresso’s template options and parts, as well as HTML or CSS.
- Tax Admin & Reporting Options. Event Espresso 4 gives you several ways to handle taxes for your event and report tax fees to customers who purchase tickets. Event managers can administer taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables you to configure the look and control settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Default Price Types. Price types allow you to create new prices that adjust the base ticket price for your default ticket.
- Mobile Registration & Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you authenticate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, set up various check-in “stations” and track your attendees.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of event registrants and check-in everyone who attends.
- Waiting Lists. Latecomers can subscribe to a waiting list if your event has become completely sold out. Additionally, you can specify that waiting list members pay for their spots if you plan to add more capacity for your event.
- Event RSS Feeds. Keep your users up-to-date about your events, bring in more visitors and reach a wider audience with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword Rich Event Page Web Links. Keyword-rich event page URLs take advantage of your WordPress Permalinks configuration settings. Search engine friendly permalinks with topic-relevant keywords enhance the context of your content and improves your search rankings, helping you bring more visitors to your website.
- Country Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used to run events, including currency name, currency symbols, decimal characters and places, country codes, regions, and so on.
- Bulk Edit Event Data. EE 4 provides a CSV-based importing capability that lets you easily upload bulk event data all at one time. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, ticketing details, pricing, registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Multiple Attendee Enrollments. EE 4 allows a single person or an organization to enroll multiple participants simultaneously. You can control how many people are allowed to enroll in one registration by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Attendee Records. Manage each customer’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their records organized and easily within reach.
- Team Member Management. Save time and keep your information organized by reusing staff member profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in any event description.
- Event Posts. Publish your events using pages or posts and take advantage of WordPress custom post types. You can even customize your templates to display events in your own unique way.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These allow web-based software developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso application that are 100% compatible with WordPress.
- Maintenance Mode. Pause registrations for normal website visitors whenever site maintenance is needed. You can still work on your content during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular and effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ added features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events in the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse commonly asked questions for similar events.
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as an incredible range of features, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow you to further expand the capabilities of events.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes events with many datetimes into a dropdown list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Addon: The Category Accordion template shows the categories as a simple list. Clicking the category name shows the events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Addon: If your site is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Add-on: The Custom Template add on lets you display your event lists in a range of exciting and interesting ways.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart addon is great for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart addon lets you promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart add-on lets you manage the experience for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- Multi-Event Registration Add on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives your potential attendees the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multiple Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add-on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories via a nice graphical calendar.
- JSON API Add on: The new Event Espresso JSON API add on lets other software applications, online tools, mobile applications, etc… to access your Event Espresso data through an Application Programming Interface (API).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add ons.
For complete details about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website:
Below are just some of the many testimonials that users have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is one of the nicest Event Managers (WP Plugin) I have come across.” Joe Distefano, Citizen Joe
”You can tell that the Event Espresso team is really passionate about their work, and that they care and spend a lot of time helping people work with their plugin and use it with their events – it’s something every WordPress service should aim for.” Ryan Imel, WPCandy
”I’m so excited to fire Eventbrite! Event Espresso has an amazing WP plugin for event management. We’re testing it now & are very impressed! In a nutshell Event Espresso saves us money & does everything Eventbrite did before. :)” Dustin Nay
Whether you are a motivational speaker, teacher, event planner, or event professional, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered user, go through the forums for new ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management and registration workflow and enhance the experience of your event registrants.
Event Espresso works with with most WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive end-user support, as so many of its customers attest:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides robust support including access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you need to consider downloading one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This edition enables you to install Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This enables you to install Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This edition allows you to set up Event Espresso on five sites. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing details of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest price: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticket Registration System For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to remain subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s documentation pages for answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to your specific use-case, or to notify developers about issues and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing management software, used and trusted by thousands.
If you are a WordPress site owner and you intend to run any event that requires managing dates and venues, booking attendees, and selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Manager And Registration Plugin For WordPress