Do you currently run or plan to run events that need handling bookings, such as seminars, community courses, charity fund raisers, networking functions, or even a large-scale event like a food fair, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Co-ordinating event sign-ups can be a complex process. You will probably have to manage calendar schedules, available dates and spaces, attendee numbers, data processing and storage, collecting payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders and alerts, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower expenses, help you easily duplicate similar events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event booking system can be very costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website, you can install an inexpensive and highly professional online event booking solution.
Event Espresso – Event Manager And Ticketing Registration Software For WordPress
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily schedule an event and start receiving bookings in just a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online registrations)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed software that gives you complete control of your event registration management process.
Customize your event registration forms
You can use multiple event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is significantly different than the older EE 3, as the platform has been revamped using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually phase out Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin site here:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing digital presence into an automated and feature-rich event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually doing away with the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to register on their own.
Allowing your customers to do the data entry frees you up from doing administration and lets you spend more of your energy on organizing a better event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon discover, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your clients to experience.
Some additional plugin benefits include:
- Significantly Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin is an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own system or using a 3rd-party provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where users pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase addons when you need additional features.
- More Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept online event sign-ups 24/7. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing add-ons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event invite friends who may be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event registration process can be transacted wholly online, significantly reducing typical paper consumption from tasks associated with administration.
- Own Your Information. You control all the data you acquire from event attendees.
The Event Espresso plugin provides functionality to end-users through standard features (these come with the software) and additional features that you can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many great built-in to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso allows you to set up as many different types of tickets as you need and specify different prices, maximum number of tickets, etc.
- Customized Notification Emails. Easily configure customized automated booking and payment confirmation email messages to communicate with event registrants.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with several payment gateways, enabling you to collect booking fees before running the events.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your WP theme and display contact data throughout other areas of your site.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the risk of spamming and robots creating bogus registrations on your site with reCAPTCHA tools to validate human activity.
- Promotional Codes. You can leverage promotional and multiple discount codes to encourage people to make a decision immediately, or simply make your offers more affordable for price-sensitive prospects. Also useful if you want to sell-out events close to timelines.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of booking event participants when they show up, or sending in paper registration forms for manual processing later.
- No Ticket Events. You can promote events without making it necessary for registrants to get tickets. Event Espresso can be used for any type of event, not just when tickets are for sale.
- RSS Event Feeds. Keep your users up-to-date about your events, drive quality traffic and expand your content reach with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events allow you to develop an event at your own leisure without displaying it live on your site. You can continue working on your event until you are ready to go live, or schedule your event to publish at a later time and date.
- Complete Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts you in complete control of every aspect of an event’s registration and ticketing, and also allows you to automate this process with event management tools that include staff and venue management, customizable event page designs, payment processing and handling, wait lists, limits on attendees, print-ready ticketing and more.
- Exportable Information. You can export all of your information gathered from your event attendees into Excel or CSV format for creating advanced reports, implementing marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, etc..
- Venue Management. The venue manager feature in EE 4 lets information about a venue to be published throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front end of your website to inform registrants of the location of your event. The venue profile has many standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also displays information like venue seating capacity, venue website, telephone number, physical, maps, etc. You can also list venue profiles in specific areas of your theme and on a venue archive page on your website where you can set up and reuse venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a particular venue.
- Automatic Software Updating. Event Espresso offers easy 1-click plugin upgrading to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your plugin installation compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and your website visitors can help create a wider exposure for your event using social media sharing buttons.
- Categorize Events. If you have multiple types of events such as free and paid, workshops and mastermind sessions, different types of programs and program modules, etc. you can categorize them to make it easier for your participants to locate what they’re looking for. You can display all events in a category on an event category page, make all events searchable by category, and colour-code events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, in addition to suggesting new events in the categories that appeal to your existing customers.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These allow you to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso software that are completely compatible with the WordPress software platform.
- Control Box Management & Reorganization. Event Espresso leverages the WP user interface, which brings the ability to reconfigure the user interface to match your workflow process. Each meta box can be collapsed, re-arranged or entirely deleted from your page.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also includes over 40 added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including registrant data in emails and newsletters.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service fee to all tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as an incredible array of features, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow customers to further expand the functionality of events.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Addon: The Vector Maps custom events list template lets you display upcoming events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes events with multiple datetimes into a drop-down list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template shows event categories as a simple list. Clicking a category name shows all events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon lets you take full advantage of the WordPress user system. With the WP User Integration add-on you can give users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event prices when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered website users will have access to your special events. Members can also add personal details into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event booking form. Users can also view past events and make payment for future events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic And Pro Add on Editions: This add on lets you include staff in the event management process and give new users the capacity to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and assign them different permissions with different privileges, allowing staff to help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain parts of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro addon.
- EE4 Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add-on adds the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the capacity to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at the door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Table Template Add-on: The Events Table Template add on gives you a simple and easy-to-use system that lets you edit the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers design their own custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- MailChimp Integration Addon: The MailChimp add on allows you to automatically register attendees to a selected mailing autoresponder list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For more information about the newest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Here are just some of the many testimonials that plugin users have posted about Event Espresso:
“It is a very, very slick plugin. It’s one of those plugins where you install it, change a couple of settings, and boom you’re selling tickets.” Brad Williams, WebDevStudios
”Event Espresso event management plugin for WordPress is really an awesome plugin.” Cheryl Smithem, Charleston PR & Design
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, show promoter, or event management professional, there are just countless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered owner, search the forums for new ideas and practical suggestions to streamline your event management process or enhance the experience of your event registrants.
Event Espresso works with with most WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive customer support, as many of its satisfied end-users attest:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides exceptional support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can depend on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you may want to consider using one of the premium plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This option enables you to run Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This allows you to install Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This allows you to install Event Espresso on five domains. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Manager
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the plugin’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a particular situation, or to notify developers about bugs and leave feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used and trusted by thousands of WP users.
If you are a WordPress site owner and you plan to run any event that requires scheduling dates and venues, booking attendees, and/or selling seating, then you will probably not find a better solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager