Does your business currently run or plan to run events that require handling registrations, such as seminars, community classes, not-for-profit fundraisers, social conferences, or even a big event such as a rave party, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Co-ordinating event registrations is a complex process. You may have to co-ordinate scheduling, available dates and seating allocations, attendee numbers, data processing and storage, payments and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders and alerts, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to event attendees.
There are a number of advantages to setting up an online event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower expenses, help you easily duplicate previously-run events, give event managers more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very expensive.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based digital presence, you can download and install an inexpensive and highly professional online event registration system.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin enables you to easily create multiple events and start processing registrations in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and process online event bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-rich software that gives you complete control over the event registration management process.
Customize registration forms
You can employ a range of event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket-selling, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media and email marketing systems.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their software: EE 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is completely different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the software has been redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing online presence into an automated and feature-rich event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to perform the registration themselves.
Allowing your clients to do the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you focus more resources on planning a more unique event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn shortly, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and registration process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso is a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to building your own solution or using a third-party provider. The cost is kept low through a model where users buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase addons when you need extra functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept online event sign-ups 24/7. In addition, Event Espresso social features and add ons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event share your information with others who may be interested in attending.
- Green And Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign-up process can be completed wholly online, eliminating traditional paper consumption from tasks associated with enrollment.
- Own Your Information. You control all the data acquired from event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso provides functionality to users via standard features (these are included with the software) and additional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many great features to WP users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to start accepting registrations in minutes.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you create as many different types of tickets as you need and specify unique pricing options, ticket quantity limits, and more.
- Customizable Event Designs. Customize your events and registrations page using Event Espresso’s template options and parts, and HTML and CSS.
- Tax Administration. Event Espresso 4 gives you several ways to administer taxes for an event and report tax fee components to customers who purchase tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to configure the settings of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the chance of spamming and bot software programs creating false registrations on your web site by using reCAPTCHA option to confirm human activity.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 includes three detailed in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles And Contact List. EE 4 provides you with the tools to know who your customers are and how they’ve done business with you.
- No-Ticket Events. List events without requiring attendees to select tickets. Event Espresso can be used for any type of event, not just when tickets are for sale.
- XML RSS Event Feeds. Provide automatic updates to customers, drive quality traffic and expand your content reach with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events enable you to develop your event at your own pace without publishing it to your site. You can continue building your event pages until you are ready to publish it to your site, or schedule your event to publish at a future date and time.
- Country-specific Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used for your events, such as currency name, currency symbols, decimal signs, characters and places, country codes, regions, and so on.
- Upload Event Information. EE 4 provides an advanced importing feature that enables you to easily import a lot of event data all at one time. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, ticketing information, prices, custom registration questions, venue info, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Register Multiple Event Participants. EE 4 allows an individual or a group to pay for multiple tickets and different ticket types simultaneously. You control how many people are able to register in one session by specifying either limits on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso lets you engage with a community of experienced event managers, software programmers, designers, internet marketers and business owners who also use the plugin. You can network with other members of the Event Espresso community using their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and your website visitors can tell others about your events using social share buttons.
- Accurate Participant Management. You control your customers’ date; who has registered, which event they have booked and how much they paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to Excel for additional reports, send custom payment reminders and receipts and communicate with your event attendees on a person-by-person basis or all at once.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows developers to have more control and options over your events and how the information displays to your site visitors.
- Control Box Management & Reorganization. Event Espresso lets you leverage the WordPress user interface, which gives you the ability to reorder the user interface to match your workflow processes. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or completely removed from the workflow configuration.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a modular and effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also comes with over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – limits the need to re-enter event information when creating new events.
- Question groups that simplify the process of reusing the same group of questions for similar events.
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow plugin users to significantly expand the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Addon: The Recurring Events manager add-on enables you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years in advance. You can add as many events in the future as you like. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template displays the categories in a simple list. Clicking on a category name displays the events associated with that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Add on: If your website is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration add-on lets you take full advantage of the WordPress user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event pricing when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered website users will have access to your special events. Members can also add personal data into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event registration form. Your users can also view event history and make payment for future events.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart add on is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is perfect for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on allows you to promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add on lets you control the environment for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to each seat.
- EE4 Event Ticketing & Bar Scanning Add on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the capacity to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add-on adds the capacity to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Add on: This add on uses the WP calendar to display events and event categories in a nice graphical calendar.
- Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and business marketing software addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track bookings, and accept payments from your Event Espresso powered website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin, including new add-ons.
For more information about the newest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website here:
Plugin Users – Feedback
Here are just some of the many great testimonials that satisfied users have written about Event Espresso:
”Thanks to you and the rest of the team for Event Espresso – Every time I get a signup for an event, I think about how much time EE saves me – and signups happen while I’m out on the water teaching kayaking, not answering the phone. :-)” Tue Brems Olesen, OnAdventure
”This really is a hell of a plugin. For me, it’s probably the final nail in the coffin for Joomla, as WP can now pretty much do EVERYTHING Joomla does, but better. Love the simplicity of this plugin!” Sam, Web Contempo
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer, Improve Photography
Whether you are a gym owner, teacher, festival promoter, or event management consultant, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the support forum for tips and practical ways to streamline your event management workflow and enhance the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with other WP plugins and themes that follow WP coding standards. If you find that you need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great support, as so many of its satisfied plugin users confirm:
”No complaints here. Satisfied customer. You can teach us all few things about customer service. Thanks!” Charles
Event Espresso provides incredible support that includes access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely software you can count on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software options, however, you will want to consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This license option allows you to configure Event Espresso on one domain only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on one domain only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This license option lets you run Event Espresso on 5 sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management And Ticket Registration Software For WordPress
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to your specific use-case, or to notify developers about issues and share feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing management plugin, used and trusted by thousands of event managers.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you plan to run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, or booking tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticket Manager