Co-ordinating event registrations is a complicated and time-consuming process. You have to manage event schedules, event dates, attendee numbers, data entry, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to event participants.
There are many benefits to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily duplicate similar events, give you more control, create a more enjoyable user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event booking system can be costly.
Fortunately, if you run a WordPress-powered site, you can install an inexpensive and professional online event booking solution.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Registration Software
The Event Espresso online event registration software allows you to easily schedule multiple events and start receiving online bookings in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and accept online bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed application that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can employ various event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up selling tickets, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with an autoresponder system for ongoing notifications.
View detailed information about event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: EE 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is completely different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it is being rebuilt using a different structure to allow for future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually transition completely to EE 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website or blog into an automated and fully featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by virtually doing away with the chore of processing registrations manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for participants to enrol themselves.
Letting your participants to do the data entry frees up your time and lets you concentrate more of your time on organizing a better event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your customers to experience.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Less Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party service. The cost is kept low by using a model where you buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase addons only if you need additional functionality.
- Increased Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new signups 24 hrs a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing add-ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with others who may also be interested in attending.
- Green Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign-up process can be transacted wholly in digital form, significantly reducing traditional paper waste from tasks related to enrollment.
- Own Your Information. You own all the data you acquire from your event attendees.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to end-users via built-in features (these are included with the plugin) and optional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in very little time.
- Customized Event Registration. Event Espresso lets you gather specific information using custom event registration forms on your web pages to prepare a great experience for your users.
- Customizable Event & Registration Page Designs. Create a custom look for your events and signup page using Event Espresso’s template options and components, as well as HTML and/or CSS.
- Ticket Selector. Present several ticket options to prospective registrants and let them purchase the ticket(s) that best suits their needs.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to customize the display settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Spam Protection. Reduce the risk of spammers and bots creating bogus registrations by using reCAPTCHA tools that confirm human activity.
- Promotional Codes. Set up promotional and multiple discount codes to encourage people to register immediately, or make your events more attractive for others. Also useful for helping to increase sales of events close to timelines.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of participants and check-in those who attend.
- No-Ticket Events. Promote events without making it necessary for attendees to select tickets. Event Espresso can be used for all kinds of events, not just when tickets are needed.
- Private Contact Commenting. Keep observations about a contact on their profile. Private commenting lets you keep records of when users contacted you, your internal comments, and how you’ve interacted with them.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events enable you to develop your event over time without displaying it live on your site. You can work on your events until you are ready to take things live, or schedule your event pages to publish at a later date and time.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso can be run in 15+ languages, and more languages are being added all the time.
- Exportable Information. You can export all of your information collected from your event participants into Excel or CSV format for creating advanced reports, devising marketing strategies, analyzing attendee statistics, etc..
- Event Venue Profiles. The venue manager feature in Event Espresso 4 allows details about venues to be made available throughout the Event Espresso admin and the public areas of your website to inform attendees of the location of your event. The venue record has many standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also includes venue details such as venue capacity, venue site URL, phone number, physical and virtual location, maps, etc. You can also list venues throughout different locations in your WordPress theme as well as on a venue listing page on your website where you can set up and publish venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a particular venue.
- Attendee Profiles. Manage each customer’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their data organized.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential clients who have not paid in full for their admission with a standard but personalized invoice with one click. Your invoices will address registered participants who have not paid their registration in full by name, display the amount owing, and include a link to the event, a payment link and a url where they can download the invoice.
- Attendee Reports. Event reports gives you information of all registrations and transactions, allowing you to track the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and how much money you’ve collected.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This allows web developers to have more control and options over your content and how your information displays to prospective event registrants.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for regular site traffic whenever site maintenance is required. You can still work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value: According to the philosophy stated on their web site, Event Espresso’s aim is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – eliminates the work of re-entering event information when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service tax to every ticket).
- Default payment status.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow software users to significantly expand the functionality of events.
Some of these addons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Add on: The Recurring Events manager add on allows you to put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months in advance. You can add as many events in advance as you like. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close registrations for all of your recurring events.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template allows your users to browse for events that occur within a certain date range.
- Events Social Sharing Addon: Add social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that lets your registrants to post a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after registration.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon allows you to take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event prices when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the site will have access to these special events. Members can also add personal details into their profile page allowing them to quickly register for events by auto-filling in the personal information on the event registration form. Your users can also view previous events and make payment for future events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add-on Editions: This add on lets you involve your staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and give them different permissions with different capabilities, so your staff can help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that a user does not have access to certain areas of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Event Ticketing & Bar Scanning Add-on: The Ticketing addon gives you the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add-on: This addon uses the WordPress calendar to display events and event categories via a nice graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration Add-on: The MailChimp add-on lets you auto-register participants to a selected mailing list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin, including new addons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website here:
Here are just some of the testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is one of the nicest Event Managers (WP Plugin) I have come across.” Joe Distefano, Citizen Joe
“I just completed my first event using Event Espresso. I really believe without Event Espresso my event would not have been the success it was.” Cathy Earle, Women Only Weekend
”Event Espresso plugin still rocks. Saw you guys were up for the WP Honors too. Glad I paid for it! If you need event management on your WordPress site I recommend Event Espresso.” Patrick Allmond, Focus Consulting
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a gym owner, teacher, workshop promoter, or event professional, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered owner, search the forums for tips and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration workflow or improve the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with most WP plugins and themes that follow WP coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as so many of its end-users attest:
”It’s magical. Support is amazing, plugin is simple to use, a 3 year old could use the iPhone app…it all is very impressive and professional.” David, House of Prayer
The Event Espresso software provides comprehensive support including access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can rely on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin functionality, however, you should consider downloading one of the premium plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This license option lets you configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This allows you to install Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This lets you configure Event Espresso on five sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The price of the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software sells for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the software’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums if you have questions related to a particular use-case, or to report errors and leave feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used by thousands of companies.
If you own a WordPress website and you currently run an event that requires scheduling dates, times and venues, registering attendees, or reserving seating, then you will probably not find a better WP plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso