Do you currently run or plan to run events that need co-ordinating registrations, such as seminars, training classes, not-for-profit fund-raisers, corporate events, or even a big event like an arts & crafts, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Co-ordinating event registrations can be a complex process. You will probably have to manage scheduling, available dates and spaces, attendee numbers, data processing, payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and providing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily reproduce repeat events, give event managers more control, improve client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based web site, you can download and install an inexpensive and highly professional web-based event booking system.
The Event Espresso online event registration software lets you easily schedule your event and start receiving registrations literally in a few minutes.
(Set up multiple events and take online registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-packed application that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use various event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up ticket sales, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event participants, or integrating your event registration forms with an autoresponder system for ongoing follow-ups.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the plugin is being revamped using a different structure to accommodate future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and advantages of this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Registration Software
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing digital presence into an automated and fully featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally doing away with the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are facilitating participants to register on their own.
Allowing your attendees to do the data entry frees up your time and lets you spend more of your attention on creating a memorable event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and booking process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Less Costs: The Event Espresso plugin is a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third-party service provider. This is made possible through a model where Event Espresso users purchase the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase addons only if you need new functionality.
- More Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event signups any time of day or night. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social and marketing features and add ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event invite friends who may be interested in attending.
- Green Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event registration process remains entirely online, eliminating traditional paper consumption from tasks associated with administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You own all the data obtained from event attendees.
Event Espresso provides functionality to end-users through built-in features (these are included with the plugin) and additional features that users can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many unique features to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Fast and easy to install and use. Be up and running in no time.
- Customized Event Registration Forms. With Event Espresso you can collect unique information using custom event registration forms on your web pages to create a customized experience for your event participants.
- Customizable Event Page Designs. Customize your events and signup page using Event Espresso’s unlimited template options and parts, as well as HTML or CSS.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with several payment gateways, enabling you to collect money before running the events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows you to customize the display of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Default Prices. Set up events fast by pre-configuring default ticket prices.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 provides 3 comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. EE 4 provides you with the tools to understand who your clients are and how they’ve done business with you.
- Admin Pre-approval. Control who can participate in your events.
- Public Commenting. Add “social proof” by encouraging potential attendees to interact with you online via commenting and previous participants to post comments that can help others consider whether or not to register. Moderation settings for public commenting are set up using the WP native commenting settings.
- Optimized For The Latest Version Of WP. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you create beautiful event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Complete Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in complete control of all aspects of an event’s registration and ticketing, and also allows you to automate the process with event management tools that include staff and venue manager, custom event page designs, payment processing, wait lists, attendee limits, printable tickets and more.
- Default Tickets. If you create similar tickets for your events, you can set up as your default ticket for the next time you create an event simply by ticking a checkbox.
- Multiple Attendee Enrolments. Event Espresso 4 allows one person or a group to register multiple attendees at the same time. You can control how many people can enroll in one registration by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Event Espresso Community. Event Espresso lets you network with a community of experienced event managers, software programmers, designers, digital marketers and businesses who also use the software. You can interact with other Event Espresso users through their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Staff Management. Save time and keep your data organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as staff member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in your event description.
- Accurate Event Attendee Manager. You have control of your customers’ records; who has registered, which event they have registered for and what amount they have paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export a list of attendees to a CSV file for additional uses, send custom payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your customers individually or all at once.
Extra features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows you to have more control and options over the content of your events and how the information displays to your prospects.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. Event Espresso 4 allows you to generate a log file with debugging data that can be helpful for developers when diagnosing plugin problems.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also comes with 40+ added features, including:
- Duplicating events – reduces the need to re-enter event information when creating new events.
- Default surcharge (similar to applying a service fee to all tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow users to further expand the capabilities of the event management system.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Add on: The Vector Maps custom events list template lets you display all upcoming events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize multiple datetime events into a drop-down list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Addon: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can be customized to show an event thumbnail instead of the date.
- Social Media Buttons Add on: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add-on comes free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Template Add-on: The Custom Template add-on can display your events in a range of visually exciting ways.
- Seating Chart Addon: The seating chart addon is suitable for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is perfect for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add-on allows you to offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the environment for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- Multi-Event Registration Add-on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives potential attendees the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multiple Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Calendar Add on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and categories of events in a nice graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration Add-on: The MailChimp add-on lets you auto-register participants to a selected autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Management
Here are some of the many testimonials that plugin users have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is one of the nicest Event Managers (WP Plugin) I have come across.” Joe Distefano, Citizen Joe
”This really is a hell of a plugin. For me, it’s probably the final nail in the coffin for Joomla, as WP can now pretty much do EVERYTHING Joomla does, but better. Love the simplicity of this plugin!” Sam, Web Contempo
”I am in love with your product, I work with many educational institutions that hold classes/events and I will definitely recommend this to all of them, the only time I have seen a system this comprehensive and sophisticated is when an organization I worked with paid a programmer nearly $8,000 for a custom solution, and yet still there are features in your registration system that his didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help and patience.” Abdullah J.
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, workshop promoter, or event management consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed user, go through the user forum for tips and practical ways to improve your event management workflow and enhance the experience of your attendees.
Event Espresso works with with other WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you find that you need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as so many of its plugin users confirm:
”It’s magical. Support is amazing, plugin is simple to use, a 3 year old could use the iPhone app…it all is very impressive and professional.” David, House of Prayer
The Event Espresso plugin provides amazing support with access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can rely on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a number of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider downloading one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Edition – This lets you set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to set up Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This option enables you to run Event Espresso on five sites. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software is being retailed for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the plugin’s online documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular use-case, or to report errors and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the leading WordPress event booking and ticketing management software, used and trusted by thousands of people.
If you are a WordPress site owner and you currently run an event that involves managing dates, times and venues, booking participants, or booking tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better WP plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration & Ticketing Manager Software
Other Recommended WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked from this site.
Did you find this tutorial useful? If so, please share this information with other website owners using the social links below.