Do you currently run or plan to run events that require handling bookings, such as workshops, group courses, non-profit fund-raisers, social conferences, or even a big event like a food fair, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend or participate?
Managing event registrations is a complex process. You will probably have to co-ordinate scheduling, date availability, attendee numbers, data collection and admin, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations and reservations, reminders, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and providing tickets to attendees.
There are lots of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily copy settings for similar events, give you more control, improve user experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be costly.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based website or blog, you can set up a very inexpensive and professional online event booking system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Ticket Registration Software
The Event Espresso online event registration software allows you to easily set up an event and begin accepting bookings literally in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and take online bookings with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed application that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can employ several event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up selling tickets, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is fundamentally different than the older EE 3, as the plugin has been redeveloped using a different structure to accommodate future growth. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Registration Software
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website or blog into an automated and feature-rich event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple pricing options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by practically doing away with the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are facilitating event attendees to complete the registration process on their own.
Letting your attendees to do all of the data themselves frees up your time and lets you concentrate more energy on creating a more unique event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will see in a moment, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management and booking process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Significantly Lower Costs: Event Espresso is a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party provider. This is made possible by using a model where Event Espresso users pay for the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase add-ons when you need new features.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new signups outside normal business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing add ons (see below) let people interested in registering for your event share your information with others who may be interested.
- Green And Paperless Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign up process can be conducted entirely in digital form, reducing typical paper consumption from tasks associated with enrollment.
- Own Your Data. You own all the information obtained from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso delivers functionality to end-users through standard features (these are included with the software) and additional features that you can buy for an additional cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great features to website owners. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Be up and running in no time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you create multiple ticket types and specify prices, maximum number of tickets, and more.
- Customizable Event Designs. Customize your events and bookings page using Event Espresso’s unlimited template options and elements, plus HTML and CSS.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso seamlessly integrates with leading payment gateways, allowing you to collect booking payments before running your events.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to configure the display of Google Maps on the event listing and event details sections.
- Spam Protection. Eliminate the chance of spammers and robots creating bogus registrations with reCAPTCHA tools that provide human authentication.
- Mobile Registration & Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system lets you validate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, set up various check-in “stations” and track event participants.
- Event Check-In List. Generate a list of event participants and check in everyone who has attended.
- Waiting Lists. Latecomers can subscribe to a waiting list if your event is completely sold out. You can also specify that waiting list members pay for their spots if you plan to expand numbers for the event.
- Private Notes On Contacts. Record comments about event registrants on their profile. Private commenting helps you keep a record of when users contacted you, your internal comments, and how you’ve helped them.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events let you build your event page over multiple work sessions without displaying it live on your site. You can continue working on your event until you are ready to take things live, or schedule to publish your event pages at a future time and date.
- Country Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings that will be used throughout Event Espresso, including currency name, currency symbols, decimal characters and places, country codes, regions, and so on.
- Exportable Data. You can export all the information gathered from event participants into Excel or CSV format for compiling advanced reports, planning marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, and so on.
- WordPress Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WordPress WYSIWYG editor, so you can quickly and easily insert images and write and edit your event descriptions without knowledge of HTML or CSS, just like any standard WP post or page.
- Registrant Records. Manage your customer’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their records organized and easily within reach.
- Social Sharing. Event registrants and site visitors can tell others about your events using social media sharing buttons.
- Transaction Reporting. Quick-view event reports provides you with information of all registrations and transactions, enabling you to analyze the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and amount of revenue has been collected.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for most users, and also extremely robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, EE 4 enables more complex enhancements and customizations to the plugin.
- Control Box Management And Organization. Event Espresso lets you leverage the WordPress user interface, which gives you the ability to reconfigure the user interface to suit your workflow processes. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or completely deleted from the workflow configuration.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including attendee data in emails and newsletters.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service fee to tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow customers to further expand the functionality of events.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, a default image will be used.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize the events with multiple datetimes into a drop-down list.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template allows your users to search for events that occur within a certain date range.
- Social Media Buttons Addon: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media addon is included free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon lets you take advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration addon you can give your users a special incentive by offering member prices and overriding event prices when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered website users can have access to these special events. Members can also input personal information into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in their personal information on the event booking form. Users can also look up past events and pay for events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add-on Editions: This addon lets you include others in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and assign them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing others to help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain areas of your WP dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to control factors geographically for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro addon.
- Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Addon: The Ticketing addon gives you the ability to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon adds the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for managing check-in scans at venues. Registrants can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Table Template Add-on: The Events Table Template add on gives event managers an easy-to-use system that lets you change the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also allows web developers to design custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp add-on lets you auto-register attendees to a specified autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin, including new add ons.
For full details about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Management And Ticket Registration Plugin For WordPress
Customers – Testimonials
Below are just some of the many testimonials that satisfied users have posted about Event Espresso:
”My hope with this whole integration is to be able to show other school districts an affordable and easy solution to these registrations. I cannot believe how much money they are charged for less by other companies. This has the potential to save schools tens of thousands, which is huge right now.” Kelly, College Station Independent School District
”Customizing an Event Registration plugin for WordPress by @EventEspresso. Love the pro version. Highly Recommended!” Joshua Garity
”At first we looked at CVENT for one of our clients and they wanted $16,000 per year for 3000 event attendees + fees totaling $22k. That is before Staff and Webinar fees. Worst of all we had to prepay the $16k amount even if we never used all 3000 attendees. That was when we looked at Event Espresso and we realized we could build our own event system for less than 16K. For the most part we have been very satisfied with our decision. The real ROI will come next year when they don’t have to pay another 16k-22K! Over the next 5-6 years we should be able to claim that we saved the company over $100,000 – Thanks Event Espresso!” David Waterman (Long Version), KT Benefits & InkItDigital.com
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, workshop planner, or event management professional, there are simply countless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered user, search the forums for useful ideas and practical ways to improve your event management and registration process or improve the experience of your participants.
Event Espresso works with with other WP plugins and themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive end-user support, as so many of its satisfied users confirm:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides comprehensive support that includes access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, priority support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso Cost
Event Espresso is available in a number of editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced plugin features, however, you should consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This allows you to run Event Espresso on 5 sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost to purchase the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin sells for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s online documentation pages for answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your particular situation, or to notify developers about problems and share feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event registration and ticketing management software, used and trusted by thousands of WordPress site owners.
If you are a WordPress user and you plan to run any event that requires scheduling dates and venues (offline and online), registering participants, or selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Management
Additional WordPress Plugins And Themes:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, reviewed, or linked from this site.
Did you enjoy this article? Feel free to use the social links below and share this page with other bloggers.