Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that require managing bookings, such as seminars, community courses, charity fund raisers, networking conferences, or even a large-scale event like a music concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to book to attend?
Managing event registrations can be a time-consuming process. You have to manage event schedules, dates, participant numbers, data processing, payment processing and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to participants.
There are a number of advantages to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower expenses, help you easily replicate repeat events, give you more control, create a better client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event booking system can be quite costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based website or blog, you can set up a very inexpensive and highly professional online event registration system.
- 1 Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration Plugin For WordPress
Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration Plugin For WordPress
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin enables you to easily set up multiple events and start receiving bookings literally in minutes.
Set up multiple events and accept online registrations with Event Espresso
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich application that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can employ a number of event registration strategies, from simple online enrolments and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your attendees, or integrating your event bookings with an autoresponder system for ongoing updates.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Note: Currently, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as it is being redeveloped using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to EE 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Learn more here: Event Espresso
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current online presence into an automated and feature-rich event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using an online event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by literally eliminating the chore of processing registrations manually.
Basically, you are making it easier for participants to enrol by themselves.
Letting your attendees to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you concentrate more time on organizing a more enjoyable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn in a moment, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and booking process that you want your participants to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party service provider. The cost is kept low by using a model where users buy the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and purchase add ons only when you need added functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept online signups outside normal business hours. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features and add ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event sign up process can be performed wholly online, reducing typical paper consumption from tasks related to admin and record-storage.
- Own Your Data. You control all the information you acquire from your event participants.
The Event Espresso plugin delivers functionality to its customers through standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many great features to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to start using in minutes.
- Customized Event Registration. Event Espresso lets you gather unique information using a custom event registration form on your web site to plan a great experience for your clients.
- Customized Notification Email Message. Set up automated booking and payment confirmation email messages to communicate with event clients.
- Tax Admin & Reporting. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of options to manage taxes for your event and provide reports of tax fees to customers who purchase tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Smart Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically copy the primary registrant’s information for any added participants.
- Default Price Types. Price types let event managers create new prices that adjust the default ticket price for the default ticket.
- Discount Codes. You can leverage promotion and discount codes to encourage people to register now, or simply make your offers more affordable for price-sensitive customers. This is also practical if you want to sell out events close to deadlines.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of event attendees and check-in those who have attended.
- Administrative Pre-approval. Be selective about who can and cannot register for your events.
- Event RSS Feeds. Keep your customers up-to-date about your events, drive quality traffic and expand your content distribution with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- SEO Friendly Event Page Web Links. Keyword-rich Web links take advantage of your WP site’s Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly permalinks with relevant keywords enhance the context of your content and improves your search rankings, helping you drive more traffic to your site.
- Your Organization Settings. Configure your profile to display throughout Event Espresso and your front-end templates. Your organization fields include: company name, street address, city, state, country, zip/postal code, email, phone, VAT/tax number, logo, Facebook URL, Twitter URL, LinkedIn profile URL, Pinterest profile URL, Google+ URL, Instagram profile URL.
- Default Tickets. If you create identical tickets for your events, you can set up as your default ticket for your new events simply by checking a box.
- Event Venue Profiles. The venue manager feature in Event Espresso 4 allows details about venues to display throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front-end of your site to inform users of the location of your event. The venue profile displays many of the standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also lets you republish information such as venue seating capacity, venue website, phone number, physical and virtual location, map, etc. You can also list all of your event venues throughout different parts in your theme and on a venue archive page on your website where you can set up and reuse venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a particular venue.
- Event Espresso Community. Event Espresso lets you engage with a community of experienced event managers, software programmers, designers, digital marketers and businesses who also use the plugin. You can engage with other Event Espresso users through their community chat room, user support forums, job board, and social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and your site visitors can help increase exposure for your events using social media share buttons.
- Event Reports. Event reporting gives you information of all of your registrations and transactions, enabling you to track the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and amount of revenue you have collected.
Additional features include:
- Define Extra Meta Information. This feature allows web developers to have more control and options over your events and how your information displays to your readers.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for regular site traffic whenever you need to make updates on your website. You can continue to work on your event pages during maintenance mode.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a modular and highly effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also includes 40+ added features, including:
- Email shortcodes that includes registrant data in confirmation emails and email updates.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service tax to tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow customers to further enhance the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Custom Template Add on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize the events with many datetimes into a drop-down list.
- Events Date Range Template Addon: The Date Range custom event list template allows your users to browse for events that occur in a certain date range.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Add-on: The Custom Template addon is capable of displaying your event lists in a number of visually exciting ways.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add-on Versions: This add-on lets you include staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the capacity to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and assign them different permissions with different capabilities, allowing others to help you manage your events or the events that other people create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain parts of your WP dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add on.
- Multiple Event Registration Addon: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives your potential attendees the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their shopping cart. With the Multi-Event Registration add on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- Events Table Template Addon: The Events Table Template add on provides you with a simple and easy-to-use system that allows you to change the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also allows developers to design custom templates using one of the templates included as a base template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and business marketing software addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track registrations, and accept payments from your website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new addons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Manager & Registration Plugin
Here are some of the many testimonials that plugin users have written about Event Espresso:
”Broadcasting my support for Event Espresso will be a pleasure. I recently helped the Webmaster at a sister church configure your event manager for their site, so I can say with confidence and from experience, that Event Espresso is the best Event Manager plugin ever!” Philip Simpson, The Charlotte Church
”You can tell that the Event Espresso team is really passionate about their work, and that they care and spend a lot of time helping people work with their plugin and use it with their events – it’s something every WordPress service should aim for.” Ryan Imel, WPCandy
”I played around with the free version for a couple hours then purchased the Pro for a client. Love it and so do they! Sweetest Event plugin I have tried.” Bill Chambers, Bill Chambers Design
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, festival promoter, or event management professional, there are simply countless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a licensed user, spend a little time researching the support forum for new ideas and practical suggestions to streamline your event management workflow and improve the experience of your attendees.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with other WP plugins and WP themes that follow standard WordPress development rules. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great support, as so many of its end-users confirm:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides comprehensive support including access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, priority support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can rely on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software features, however, you should consider using one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you configure Event Espresso on 1 domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This license enables you to set up Event Espresso on 1 site only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This enables you to set up Event Espresso on 5 sites. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
Pricing for the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin is selling for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Note: The pricing above was current when this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your specific situation, or to notify developers about errors and give feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the leading WordPress event registration and ticketing management software, used by thousands of WordPress users.
If you are a WordPress user and you plan to run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues, booking participants, and booking tickets, then you will probably not find a better solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Recommended WordPress Themes And Plugins:
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress or any products written about on this website. We may derive affiliate commissions or financial benefits from the sale of products advertised, promoted or linked from our website. All images and details sourced from product websites are the copyright of their respective owners and are being used solely for training and illustrative purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, please consider sharing this information using the share buttons below.