Do you currently run or plan to run events that require bookings or registrations, such as workshops, community courses, non-profit fund-raisers, social conferences, or even a big event such as a trade exhibit, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Managing event bookings can be a time-consuming process. You may be required to manage scheduling, date availability, registration numbers, data processing, payment processing and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to event participants.
There are lots of benefits to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower expenses, help you easily duplicate previous events, give event managers more control, improve client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based web site, you can set up a very inexpensive and highly professional online event registration solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration software lets you easily set up an event and start processing bookings literally in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online registrations)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can employ various event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event attendees, or integrating your event bookings with social media and autoresponders.
View detailed information about event attendees
Note: Currently, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is significantly different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it is being revamped using a different structure to accommodate future growth and expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually move completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
For more details, visit the plugin site here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website into an automated and feature-rich event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by practically doing away with the need to process registrations and signups manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for participants to perform the enrollment process by themselves.
Letting your participants to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more time on organizing a more enjoyable event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management and booking process that you want your customers to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Less Costs: The Event Espresso plugin provides you with a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd party service provider. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where Event Espresso users pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then buy add ons when you need added features.
- Increased Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event sign-ups 24 hrs a day. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing addons (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green & Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign up process can be kept entirely in digital form, significantly reducing typical paper waste from tasks related to administration.
- All Data Belongs To You. You control all the information you collect from your event participants.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to its customers through standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that users can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers a number of great built-in to web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and configure. Be up and running in very little time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you set up as many kinds of tickets as you need and set separate pricing options, number of tickets, and more.
- Event Calendar. Registrants can easily find your events and add these to their schedule with a calendar.
- Ticket Selector. Present multiple ticket options to prospects so they can choose the ticket(s) that will best fit their needs.
- Smart Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary attendee’s registration information for any added registrants.
- Default Price Types. Price types let you create new prices that adjust the default ticket pricing of your system-default ticket.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system allows you to authenticate tickets, speed up door registrations, create multiple check-in “stations” and track participants.
- Contact Profiles & Contact List. Event Espresso 4 lets you understand who your clients are and how they have done business with you.
- Administrative Pre-approval. Be selective about who can participate in your events.
- Private Notes On Contacts. Keep comments about users on their profile. Private notes enables you to keep records of when users contacted you, your internal notes, and how you have interacted with them.
- Keyword Rich Page URLs. Keyword-rich event page Web links leverage your Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly urls with topic-relevant keywords enhance the context of your content and is favored by search engines, helping you bring more potential customers to your website.
- Your Organization Settings. Configure your profile to be used throughout Event Espresso and your front-end templates. The organization fields include: organization name, address, city, state, country, zip code, email, phone, VAT/tax number, company logo, Facebook profile URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn URL, Pinterest profile URL, Google+ URL, Instagram URL.
- Exportable Information. You can output all of your data gathered from event attendees into Excel or CSV format for compiling reports, implementing marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, etc..
- Venue Management. The venue manager in Event Espresso 4 allows details about a venue to display throughout the Event Espresso admin and the public areas of your website to inform visitors of your event’s location. The venue profile displays many standard WordPress settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also includes venue information such as venue seating capacity, venue web address, phone number, physical, map, etc. You can also display venues in various sections in your WordPress theme as well as on a venue archive page on your site where you can set up and publish venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a given venue.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso lets you interact with an expert community of event managers and plugin users. You can network with other members of the Event Espresso community through their community chat room, user support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Staff Member Management. Save time and keep your business organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as staff member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in an event description.
- Attendee Reports. Event reporting provides you with data of all the registrations and transactions, allowing you to measure the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and amount of revenue has been collected.
Extra features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Event Espresso is simple enough for most users, and also robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, Event Espresso 4 permits more complex developments and customizations to the application.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registration capabilities for regular website traffic when website maintenance is required. You can continue to work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value: According to the philosophy stated on their site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes over 40 additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the work of re-entering event information when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (similar to applying a service fee to every ticket).
- Default payment status.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow software users to further enhance the functionality of the event management system.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Addon: The Vector Maps custom events list template lets you display all scheduled events by location. 4 maps are currently available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Management Add on: The Recurring Events management add on allows you to put your events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years in advance. You can add as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all recurring events.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template enables your users to browse for events that occur within a certain date range.
- Social Coupons Integration Addon: If your website uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Add-on: The Custom Template add-on lets you display your event lists in a variety of visually exciting ways.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart add-on is suitable for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is ideal for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on allows you to promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the experience for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to each seat.
- EE4 Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Add on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the capacity to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the ability to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for managing check-in scans at venues. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Table Template Add on: The Events Table Template add-on provides event managers with a simple and easy-to-use system that lets you edit the design of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also enables developers to design custom templates using one of the templates included as a source template.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp add on lets you auto-register attendees to a selected mailing autoresponder list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new addons.
For complete details about the newest Event Espreso features and add ons, check out the plugin here:
Here are some of the many great testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso rocks! I use it for my dance class registrations. Unlike most dance studios where people have to call or send an email in advance, Event Espresso puts a registration form right there in front of the user and allows me to collect valuable information from the user during the registration process with custom questions such as “Do you have previous dance experience?” or “How did you hear about us?”. It also gives my site a professional look and feel.” Ral, Ral’eau Salsa Dance Company
”Probably the best event management plugin available.” Materia Inspiration Centre
”I am in love with your product, I work with many educational institutions that hold classes/events and I will definitely recommend this to all of them, the only time I have seen a system this comprehensive and sophisticated is when an organization I worked with paid a programmer nearly $8,000 for a custom solution, and yet still there are features in your registration system that his didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help and patience.” Abdullah J.
Whether you are an education services provider, teacher, concert promoter, or event professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered owner, go through the forums for new ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management workflow and improve the experience of your participants.
Event Espresso works with with most WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent user support, as so many of its plugin customers attest:
”No complaints here. Satisfied customer. You can teach us all few things about customer service. Thanks!” Charles
The software provides exceptional support that includes access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software options, however, you will want to consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This license allows you to run Event Espresso on 1 site only. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Edition – This allows you to run Event Espresso on one site only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This edition lets you run Event Espresso on 5 sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost of purchasing the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin retails for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management And Ticket Registration System For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to your particular situation, or to report issues and give feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing manager software, used and trusted by thousands of WordPress site owners.
If you are a WordPress site owner and you intend to run events that involve scheduling dates and venues, booking attendees, and reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a more suitable plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For full details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Ticketing Registration Plugin
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been tested, certified, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, advertised, or reviewed on this site.
Have you found this tutorial useful? If so, please share this post with other website owners using the social links below.