Do you currently run or plan to run events that need managing registrations, such as seminars, community courses, non-profit fundraisers, networking events, or even a big event such as a school concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Managing event sign-ups can be a complex and time-consuming process. You may need to co-ordinate event schedules, dates, participant numbers, data processing and storage, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to participants.
There are a number of advantages to setting up an online event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower costs, help you easily reproduce recurring events, give event managers more control, create a more enjoyable customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very costly.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-based digital presence, you can set up a very inexpensive and professional online event registration solution.
The Event Espresso online event registration software lets you easily set up an event and start processing registrations literally in a few minutes.
Set up multiple events and process online event bookings with Event Espresso
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich plugin that gives you full control over the event registration management process.
Customize event registration forms
You can employ a range of event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your event participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and autoresponders.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Note: At the time of writing this article, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is considerably different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the plugin has been rebuilt using a different structure to accommodate future expansion. The Event Espresso 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually move completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about the benefits and features of this plugin.
For more details go here: Event Espresso – Event Management & Registration System For WordPress
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website or blog into a fully-featured and automated event management site … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple pricing options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by practically doing away with the chore of processing registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are enabling attendees to enroll by themselves.
Letting your enrollees to do the data themselves frees up your time and lets you spend more of your time on creating a memorable event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn shortly, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management and booking process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Less Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to building your own software or using a 3rd party service. The cost is kept to a minimum through a model where Event Espresso users purchase the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy add ons only when you need additional functionality.
- Higher Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new registrations 24 hours a day. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing addons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event invite others who may be interested.
- Paperless Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, the event booking process can remain wholly online, reducing typical paper consumption from tasks related to enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You own all the information you obtain from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso delivers functionality to its users via standard features (these come with the software) and optional features that you can buy for an additional cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many unique built-in to WordPress users. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration Form. Event Espresso lets you collect unique information using a custom event registration form on your web site to prepare a tailored experience for your customers.
- Customized Confirmation Emails. Easily set up custom automated booking and payment notification email messages to communicate with event attendees.
- Tax Administration Options. Event Espresso 4 gives you several ways to handle taxes for an event and provide reports of tax fees to registrants who purchase tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables event managers to configure the look and control settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details pages.
- Default Price Types. Price types let event managers create new prices that adjust the base ticket price for your system-default ticket.
- Mobile Registration And Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system enables you to validate tickets, speed up door registrations, create multiple check-in “stations” and track attendees.
- Manual Registration Option. you have the option of booking event participants when they show up, or sending in paper-based registration forms for manual registration later.
- Waiting Lists. Latecomers can join a waiting list if your event is sold out. You can also specify that wait-listed members pre-pay if you plan to expand capacity for your event.
- XML RSS Event Feeds. Keep your website readers up-to-date about your events, drive quality traffic and reach a wider number of potential customers with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Keyword Rich Event Page URLs. Keyword-rich Web links take advantage of your Permalinks configuration settings. “Pretty” web links with topic-relevant keywords add to the context of your content and improves your search rankings, helping you bring a more targeted audience to your events.
- Your Organization Settings. Configure your profile to display throughout the plugin and your front-end templates. Your organization data include: organization name, address, city, state, country, zip/postal code, email address, telephone, tax number, logo, Facebook URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ profile URL, Instagram profile URL.
- Default Tickets. If you find yourself creating identical tickets for most of your events, you can automatically set one of those tickets as your default ticket for the next time you create an event simply by checking a box.
- Multiple Participant Bookings. EE 4 allows one person or an organization to register multiple participants at the same time. Event managers decide how many people can enroll in a single session by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- Attendee Records. Manage your registrant’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their records organized.
- Staff Management. Save time and keep your business organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in your event description.
- Event Posts. Publish your events using pages or posts and take advantage of WordPress custom post types. You can even customize the page templates to display events in your own unique way.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for most WP users, and also extremely robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), EE 4 makes possible more complex enhancements and customizations to the application.
- Full Logging, Remote Logging. EE 4 lets you create a log file with debugging data which can be useful for developers who are potential software problems.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their objectives, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ additional features, including:
- Duplicating events – streamlines the work of re-entering event information when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (similar to applying a service fee to tickets).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow you to significantly expand the capabilities of the event management system.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize multiple datetime events into a drop-down list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Addon: The Category Accordion template shows event categories as a simple list. Clicking on a category name displays the events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Add on: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media add on comes free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon lets you take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration add-on you can give your users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event pricing when members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered users of the website can have access to your special events. Members can also add personal information into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in the personal information on the event booking form. Your users can also view event history and pay for events.
- Seating Chart Add on: The seating chart addon is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is ideal for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart addon lets you offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues directly from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart add-on lets you manage the environment for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach single pricing to each seat.
- Event Ticketing Add-on: The Ticketing add-on gives you the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on adds the ability to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The barcode scanner can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Add-on: This addon uses the WordPress calendar to display events and event categories via an attractive graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp addon allows you to auto-register participants to a specific mailing autoresponder list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new add-ons.
For complete details about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticketing Management Software
Below are some of the testimonials that satisfied users have written about Event Espresso:
”Thanks to you and the rest of the team for Event Espresso – Every time I get a signup for an event, I think about how much time EE saves me – and signups happen while I’m out on the water teaching kayaking, not answering the phone. :-)” Tue Brems Olesen, OnAdventure
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
”Just bought an Event Espresso license for an upcoming conference website we are working on. The custom registration forms functionality rocks!” Eric Sopp, Inside Design
Whether you are a motivational speaker, presenter, festival promoter, or event consultant, there are just endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the user forum for tips and practical ways to improve your event management and registration workflow or enhance the experience of your event attendees.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso works with with most WordPress plugins and WordPress themes that follow standard WP development rules. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive user support, as so many of its customers attest:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
Event Espresso provides robust support that includes access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software features, however, you should consider downloading one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This license allows you to set up Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License Edition – This license lets you set up Event Espresso on one site only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This edition allows you to install Event Espresso on 5 sites. It includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The cost of purchasing the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software retails for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the plugin’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to your particular situation, or to notify developers about errors and share feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product web site.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing manager software, used and trusted by thousands of WP website owners.
If you are a WordPress user and you currently run events that require managing dates and venues, booking participants, and/or booking seating, then you will probably not find a more suitable plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticketing Registration System For WordPress
Check Out These Other WordPress Themes And Plugins:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, certified, or tested by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked to this site.
Did you find this tutorial useful? If so, please share this article with others who could benefit from WordPress using the social buttons below.