Do you currently run or plan to run events that require managing bookings, such as seminars, community classes, not-for-profit fund-raisers, networking conferences, or even a large-scale event such as a festival, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend?
Co-ordinating event registrations is a complex process. You will probably have to co-ordinate scheduling, event dates, registration numbers, data collection, payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and providing tickets to attendees.
There are many benefits to setting up an automated online event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower expenses, help you easily copy settings for repeat events, give event managers more control, create a better customer experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event registration system can be quite expensive.
The good news is that if you run a WordPress-powered web site, you can set up an inexpensive and professional online event registration solution.
Event Espresso – Event Manager & Ticketing Registration System For WordPress
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin allows you to easily set up your event and start processing registrations in just a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online registrations)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich software that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online bookings and straight up ticket-selling, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your event attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the plugin has been revamped using a different structure to enable future expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually move completely to EE 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about the benefits and advantages of using the plugin.
For more details go here:
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website or blog:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing digital presence into a fully-featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to attendee limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by practically eliminating the need to process registrations manually.
Basically, you are enabling attendees to perform the registration process by themselves.
Allowing your attendees to do the data entry frees you up from doing administration and lets you invest more time on organizing a memorable event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and registration process that you want your customers to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Significantly Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you an inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party service. This is made possible through a model where you buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and buy addons only if you need extra functionality.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new event bookings outside traditional business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social features (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with other people they know who may also be interested.
- Green Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, the event booking process remains entirely online, significantly reducing typical paper waste from tasks associated with enrollment.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the information you collect from event participants.
Event Espresso provides functionality to its users via standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that you can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many unique built-in to site owners. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in minutes.
- Custom Event Registration. With Event Espresso you can gather unique data using custom event registration forms on your web pages to plan a tailored experience for your event participants.
- Custom Confirmation Email Message. Easily configure customized automatic booking and payment confirmation emails to communicate with your attendees.
- Ticket Selector. Present several ticket options to prospective registrants and let them purchase the ticket(s) that will best fit their needs.
- Smart Single Page Checkout. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary registrant’s details for any additional registrants.
- Default Prices. Create events quickly with pre-configured default prices.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 includes three comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Event Check-In List. Generate a list of participants and check in those who have attended.
- No-Ticket Events. You can create events without making it necessary for registrants to get tickets. Use Event Espresso for all forms of events, not only when tickets are required.
- Public Commenting. Add “social proof” by allowing potential customers to ask questions about your event and previous participants to post comments that can help others consider whether or not to enroll. Moderation settings for public comments are configured via the WP default commenting section.
- Keyword Rich Page URLs. Keyword-rich URLs take advantage of your WordPress Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly web links that have relevant keywords enhance the context of your events and is favored by search engines, helping you drive more visitors to your events.
- 15+ Languages. Event Espresso can be set up in more than 15 languages, and more languages are being added all the time.
- Exportable Data. You can output all of your information gathered from event participants into Excel or CSV format for producing advanced reports, implementing new marketing strategies, reviewing attendee statistics, etc..
- Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the built-in WordPress Visual editor, so you can quickly and easily add graphic images and write and edit your event descriptions without having to know HTML or CSS, just like any WP post.
- Attendee Records. Manage your attendee’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their information organized and easily within reach.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event registrants who have not paid yet for their admission with a standard but personalized PDF invoice with one click of a button. Your invoices will address registered customers who have not paid their registration yet by name, display the balance owing, and include links to the event, a payment link and a link where they can download a PDF invoice.
- Transaction Reports. Event reports provides you with data of the registrations and transactions, allowing you to track the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and how much money you have collected.
Extra features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These allow you to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are compatible with WordPress.
- Metabox Management & Organization. Event Espresso leverages the WP user interface, which gives you the ability to organize the user interface to match your workflow. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or removed from your workflow configuration.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value For Money: According to the mission statement on their web site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 added features, including:
- Duplicating events – simplifies the work of re-entering event data when adding new events.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service tax to every ticket).
- Category titles and descriptions on event listings.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As well as a comprehensive range of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow users to significantly enhance the capabilities of managing your event.
Some of these addons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If an event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Dropdown Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template organizes multiple datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can be customized to display an event thumbnail image instead of the date.
- Social Coupons Integration Add on: If your website is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Template Addon: The Custom Template add-on can display your event lists in a range of exciting and interesting ways.
- Seating Chart Add-on: The seating chart add on is suitable for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is perfect for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add-on lets you promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add on lets you manage the experience for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add on gives you the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning addon gives you the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add-on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- Events Table View Template Add-on: The Events Table Template addon provides event managers with a simple and easy-to-use system that allows you to change the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets developers build custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- JSON API Add-on: The new Event Espresso JSON API add-on permits other software applications, web sites, mobile applications, etc… to access your Event Espresso data through an API (Application Programming Interface).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software, including new addons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Here are a few of the many testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”EventEspresso saves us money, saves our secretary 16-24 hours and looks so professionally done that people ask us how we do it; which we happily tell them, “Event Espresso, and be sure to get the ticketing add-on.”” David, House of Prayer
”This really is a hell of a plugin. For me, it’s probably the final nail in the coffin for Joomla, as WP can now pretty much do EVERYTHING Joomla does, but better. Love the simplicity of this plugin!” Sam, Web Contempo
”I played around with the free version for a couple hours then purchased the Pro for a client. Love it and so do they! Sweetest Event plugin I have tried.” Bill Chambers, Bill Chambers Design
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are an education services provider, trainer, concert promoter, or event professional, there are just countless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading your copy of the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, spend a little time researching the support forum for useful ideas and practical suggestions to improve your event management process or enhance the experience of your attendees.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with all WP plugins and WordPress themes that follow WP coding standards. If you experience issues with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive technical support, as so many of its satisfied plugin end-users attest:
”By far, the customer service experience with Event Espresso has been the best of any WordPress Theme or Paid Plugin that I’ve used in the past two years!” Megan Murray, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
The software provides exceptional support including access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, premium support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely software you can rely on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in different plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you will want to consider purchasing one of the premium plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This enables you to run Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to run Event Espresso on one domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer Edition – This allows you to run Event Espresso on 5 sites. Price includes 51+ Premium features, (add ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The cost of purchasing the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software retails for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to remain subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the software’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and using Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to a specific situation, or to report problems and share feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing management plugin, used and trusted by thousands of people.
If you are a WordPress user and you plan to run events that require scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), booking attendees, and booking tickets, then you will probably not find a more suitable solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso