Does your organization currently run or plan to run events that require co-ordinating bookings or registrations, such as seminars, community classes, charity fundraisers, corporate events, or even a big event like a concert, a sporting or religious event, or any kind of event where people need to register to attend or participate?
Co-ordinating event bookings can be a time-consuming process. You need to manage scheduling, availability, attendee numbers, data collection and storage, payments and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders and notifications, refunds and cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and issuing tickets to participants.
There are a number of advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce expenses, help you easily replicate similar events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event booking system can be quite costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, you can set up an inexpensive and highly professional online event registration solution.
- 1 Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticketing Management Plugin
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticketing Management Plugin
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WordPress lets you easily create multiple events and begin accepting online bookings in minutes.
Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and receive online event bookings
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed plugin that gives you complete control over your event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media and autoresponders.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Important: Currently, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their plugin: EE 3 and EE 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is impressively different than the older EE 3, as the software is being rebuilt using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The developers aim to eventually retire EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Ticketing Registration Plugin
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your website:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing online presence into a fully-featured event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by virtually eliminating the need to process registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are facilitating participants to enrol by themselves.
Allowing your attendees to do all of the data themselves frees you up from doing administration and lets you focus more of your attention on delivering a memorable event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will discover shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your attendees to experience.
Some additional benefits include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a third party service provider. This is made possible by using a model where users buy the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy add-ons only when you need extra features.
- More Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept online event registrations outside traditional business hours. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social features and add-ons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with others who may also be interested.
- Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, your event booking process can remain wholly in digital form, reducing typical paper waste from tasks associated with administration.
- All Information Belongs To You. You control all the data acquired from event attendees.
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers through built-in features (these come with the plugin) and optional features that customers can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers many features to WordPress users. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Ready to start using in very little time.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have multiple dates and times (datetimes), that these can be managed from a single event.
- Customizable Event Designs. You can customize your events and bookings page using Event Espresso’s limitless template options and components, and HTML or CSS.
- Tax Administration Options. Event Espresso 4 gives you a number of options to administer taxes for your event and provide reports of tax fee components to registrants when purchasing tickets. Event managers can administer taxes globally or on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration enables you to customize the display of Google Maps on your event listing and event details sections.
- Default Prices. Create events quickly and easily by pre-configuring default ticket prices.
- Mobile Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system enables you to authenticate tickets, speed up door registrations, create various check-in “stations” and track participants.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of participants and check-in those who have attended.
- Waiting Lists. Interested persons can subscribe to a waiting list if your event is full. You can also specify that wait-listed members pre-pay if you plan to expand capacity for the event.
- Private Contact Notes. Record notes about a contact on their profile and how you have assisted your customers. Private commenting allows you to keep records of when event registrants contacted you, your internal observations, and how you’ve assisted your contacts.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events let you develop an event in your own time-frame without displaying it live on your site. You can work on your event pages until you are ready to take things live, or schedule your event page to publish at a future date and time.
- Easy Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in full control of all aspects of an event’s registration and ticketing, and also allows you to automate the process with event management tools that include staff and venue manager, customizable event page designs, payment processing, list waiting, limits on attendees, print-ready ticketing and more.
- Default Tickets. If you create identical tickets for most of your events, you can set up as your default ticket for the next time you create an event simply by checking a box.
- Venue Profiles. The venue management feature in EE 4 allows information about venues to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the front-end of your website to inform attendees of your event’s location. The venue profile has many of the standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also displays details such as venue seating capacity, venue site URL, venue phone number, venue address, map, etc. You can also display venues in different areas of your WP theme and on a venue archive page on your website where you can set up and reuse venue profiles for multiple events or display all the events for a given venue.
- Attendee Profiles. Manage your registrant’s profiles and payment history and keep all of their information organized.
- Social Sharing. Event attendees and website visitors can help create a wider exposure for your events using social share buttons.
- Accurate Event Participant Manager. You have control of your participants’ date; who has enrolled, for what event and what amount they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get an overview of registered attendees and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to a spreadsheet for additional uses, send customizable payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your clients on a person-by-person basis or all at once.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for non-technical users, and also robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), EE 4 makes possible more complex developments and customizations to the software.
- Full Logging & Remote Logging. EE 4 lets you generate a log file with debugging data which can be useful for web developers when potential software problems.
- Flexibility, Autonomy And Value For Money: According to the philosophy stated on their website, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also provides you with 40+ added features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events inside the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse a common set of questions for similar events.
- Option to skip the confirmation page during the registration process.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow customers to significantly enhance the functionality of the event management process.
Some of these add ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Addon: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize events with many datetimes into a drop-down list.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add on: The Category Accordion template shows categories in a simple list. Clicking the category name shows all events related to that category and closes previously open categories.
- Social Coupons Integration Addon: If your web site is featured on Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can even specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Files Addon: The Custom Files add on lets you override certain aspects of the plugin.
- Seating Chart Addon: The seating chart add-on is suitable for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add on allows you to offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress website. The Seating Chart add-on lets you manage the environment for your customers and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to each seat.
- EE4 Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add-on adds the capacity to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add-on gives you the capacity to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out attendees and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Calendar Addon: This WordPress events calendar displays events and categories of events using a nice graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration Add on: The MailChimp add on allows you to automatically register attendees to a specified mailing autoresponder list or group within MailChimp.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and addons, visit the plugin website here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager Plugin
Users – Feedback
Here are some of the testimonials that plugin users have written about Event Espresso:
”My clients have used Event Espresso for Transportation (Cadet Bus for leave), Parties (tailgates and brewery tours), and Horse-back riding lessons and camps. What a terrific plug-in and fantastic support from Seth!” Nina, Blue Iris Web Design
”I recently downloaded it to add to a nonprofit site for a Boy Scout troop and the features work wonderfully with what we wanted to accomplish for the site. It allows us to set up calendar, events, and even take payments for trips. At first, I thought that it would be overkill for such a small site, but now I see the possibilities and will definitely be offering Event Espresso to my clients that need an event organization system for their web sites.” Lucy Conn, Troop 462
”I am in love with your product, I work with many educational institutions that hold classes/events and I will definitely recommend this to all of them, the only time I have seen a system this comprehensive and sophisticated is when an organization I worked with paid a programmer nearly $8,000 for a custom solution, and yet still there are features in your registration system that his didn’t have. Thank you so much for your help and patience.” Abdullah J.
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, concert planner, or event professional, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a registered user, go through the support forum for tips and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration process and improve the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso works with with all WordPress plugins and themes that follow standard WordPress coding rules. If you do need support with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive support, as many of its plugin clients confirm:
”No complaints here. Satisfied customer. You can teach us all few things about customer service. Thanks!” Charles
Event Espresso provides great support that includes access to support forums, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can count on to organize and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in various editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This edition allows you to run Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Edition – This option enables you to run Event Espresso on one domain only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License Edition – This enables you to install Event Espresso on 5 domains. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Price details for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Manager And Registration Plugin For WordPress
Please Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to remain subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the software’s online documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums for questions related to a specific use-case, or to report bugs and leave feedback.
For all documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product web site.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the leading WP event booking and ticketing management plugin, used and trusted by thousands of event managers.
If you own a WordPress-powered site and you intend to run any event that involves scheduling dates and venues (offline and online), enrolling participants, and selling tickets or seating, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso
Other Recommended WordPress Themes And Plugins:
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been tested, reviewed, or certified by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, reviewed, or linked from this site.
Have you found this tutorial useful? Feel free to share this article with others using the social links below.