WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Learning how to increase visitors to your website is essential to running a successful web presence. Getting visitors to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost all web site owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to attract visitors to your website”
- “increase more web traffic to my website”
- “top 25 ways to bring more visitors”
- “need to bring web visitors using ads”
- “I need more free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different methods to increase your website visitors …
(There are many methods to increase your website visitors. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your website. There are loads of tutorials and free sites that can teach you strategies to bring more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, web traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract targeted traffic to your business was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing this … and so can you!
In this article series, we will show you what you need to do to set up an automated traffic system that can begin driving web traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Getting a regular stream of web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article is to provide an overview of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling things intelligently
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and your site then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only built on the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can begin driving targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content typically sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in cyberspace or notify any other website that new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a static website, your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually be promoting your website and your content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides a number of features that let site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your site will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with 3rd-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can start measuring and analyzing incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click here:
This article is part of an tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com