WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to prosper online.
Learning sustainable ways of getting traffic to your website is one of the most important skills of building a successful digital presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “drive more visitors to my web site”
- “fastest way to drive more web traffic”
- “learn how to get traffic using SEO”
- “need web site traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of pages offering you tips, tricks, and information on different methods to help you increase your website visitors …
(There are many methods to get more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are tons of tutorials and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective methods to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how most small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Traffic?
Imagine owning a website where all you had to do to instantly drive new visitors to your site was to publish content consistently.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In this article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that will help begin driving targeted visitors to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To get sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a blog that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can begin delivering web traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed when a new article is published).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website pages typically sit inside the server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other website when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your web presence and your content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides several features that allow site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish content and your website then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start generating your business new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also an expert integration of your WordPress functionality with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various external tools, you then begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to measure and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum