WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning sustainable methods to increase traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of running an online presence successfully. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to drive more traffic to your website for free”
- “bring more web traffic to my web site for free”
- “top 10 ways to bring more web site traffic”
- “how to increase website visitors using email”
- “I need more web visitors”
… and you will find loads of tips, tricks, and information about ways to help you get more website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are loads of tutorials and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective ways to get more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of time and money looking for a profitable method that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, web traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Drive Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly drive targeted traffic to your website was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic system that will begin driving an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Test other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling things sensibly
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about why you should choose the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new information on this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content just sits inside your server waiting to be found. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other website that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to keep promoting their site and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides a number of features that let you set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to drive your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with external services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and analyze incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To This Site And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie