WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning how to generate more traffic to your website is vital to growing a successful web presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “bring more traffic to your web site”
- “how do I increase web traffic to my web site for free”
- “cheapest way to get more web traffic”
- “how to bring web site visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “I need free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about strategies to help increase your website visitors …
(There are many strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are thousands of courses and free information that can teach you methods to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you already have systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Get Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract new visitors to your web site was to regularly add content to your web site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin driving an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your site, simply by publishing content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Test other traffic methods
(Driving continuous web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up intelligently
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We provide a number of detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know when new content on this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the content files just sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site when new content has been published on your site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually be promoting your site and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides special features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and your website will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to bring your business more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress functionality with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to monitor and analyze your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org