WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a regular stream of new visitors to prosper online.
Learning effective strategies of increasing traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a successful business presence online. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost all web site owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Attracting Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “increase web traffic to my web site”
- “how do I bring more traffic to my web site for free”
- “ideas to drive web visitors”
- “best ways to get traffic using SEO”
- “I need more web site traffic”
… and you will immediately find an overwhelming number of sites containing tips, tricks, and information about strategies to help you increase visitors to your web site …
(There are loads of ways to increase web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your website. There are loads of products and free resources online that can show you methods to bring more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of time and money searching for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of web traffic to your website was to regularly add content to your website.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In the Website Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that will begin driving an ongoing stream of new visitors to your site, simply by publishing content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start testing other traffic methods
(Getting web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and your site will do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We have published many comprehensive articles on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress site will help begin driving a stream of targeted visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s start by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your web files simply sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to constantly promote their website and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides special features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically generate you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an integration of your WordPress site with external services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to track and understand your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"I was absolutely amazed at the scope and breadth of these tutorials! The most in-depth training I have ever received on any subject!" - Myke O'Neill, DailyGreenPost.com