WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning how to attract new traffic to your website is essential to building a successful business online. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Attract More Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to bring more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “how can I attract more visitors to my website for free”
- “best 25 ways to increase visitors”
- “ways to bring web traffic using videos”
- “get prospects to my web site”
… and you will be presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different ways to help drive more visitors to your website …
(There are many ways to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can show you effective strategies to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems, traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Get More Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your site was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already enjoying the benefits of what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can begin driving targeted traffic to your web site, simply by adding content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your site then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We provide a number of excellent blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help drive a stream of targeted traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built using applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content files typically sit inside the server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to drive you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your site’s built-in functionality with 3rd-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various external sites, you simply begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and understanding incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group