WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Discovering effective methods of generating more visitors to your website is essential to running a successful web presence. Driving traffic to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost all website owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Bring More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “how to increase traffic to my web site”
- “how do I increase visitors to my web site”
- “top 5 resources to drive more visitors”
- “learn how to bring more website visitors using videos”
- “get traffic to your website”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information about different ways to drive more traffic to your site …
(There are lots of methods to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of products and free information online that can teach you effective how to increase visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many small businesses approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable traffic method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can become a very costly activity!)
Getting a continuous stream of web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish great content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In the Website Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin driving new targeted traffic to your web site, simply by publishing content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add new traffic strategies and test
(Driving more web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add content and WordPress does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can help create an automated traffic generation system requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when new content about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are traditionally built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your digital content mostly sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually keep on promoting your website and your content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides special features that let site owners set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and your website will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start bringing your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also begin tracking and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click here:
This article is part of an article series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business using a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now