WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a regular stream of web visitors to stay in business online.
Learning how to drive more traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a successful web presence. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Getting Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “how to attract more visitors to your web site”
- “attract visitors to my web site for free”
- “ways to attract more traffic”
- “need to increase website visitors using SEO”
- “drive more people to your website for free”
… and you will be presented with loads of information about ways to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of methods to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are thousands of products and free resources that can show you effective strategies to bring more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how many site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate More Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In this article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation system that will begin delivering new visitors to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(To get sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up in a sensible way
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress site is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help create an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the website pages typically sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to keep promoting their website and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your website will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your WordPress functionality with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, you then begin publishing new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin measuring and analyzing your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of an tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)