WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs a constant stream of new visitors to stay in business online.
Discovering sustainable methods of getting more traffic to your website is a requirement of running a successful digital presence. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to attract traffic to your site”
- “how can I drive web traffic to my web site for free”
- “best 10 places to get web traffic”
- “learn how to attract more website traffic using social media”
- “need web traffic”
… and you will be presented with loads of information on different methods to increase traffic to your website …
(There are loads of methods to drive more web traffic to your site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can teach you how to bring more visitors to your site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, web traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate More Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver a stream of web traffic to your business was to publish valuable content consistently.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and you can too!
In our article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic system that will begin driving targeted visitors to your site, simply by adding new content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic strategies
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a site that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog will help begin driving targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you use another platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the digital content mostly sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually find ways of promoting your website and your content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to start driving you new website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various external services, you then begin publishing new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to track and analyze your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya