WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Learning how to generate new traffic to your website is vital to building a successful web presence. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Attract More Traffic To Their Websites?
Type in any of the phrases below into Google …
- “get more web traffic to my site for free”
- “attract web traffic to my website for free”
- “ways to get more web site traffic”
- “ways to drive more website visitors using social media”
- “attract web traffic to your web site”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information on ways to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to drive more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of courses and free sites online that can show you cost-effective methods to get more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can be a costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically drive targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic system that will help deliver targeted visitors to your web site, simply by publishing content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(Getting web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up in an economic and sensible way
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and WordPress does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will help attract an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your digital content simply sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has recently been added to your site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your web presence and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your website then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to generate your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post new content and your site then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to track and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group