WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a regular stream of visitors to prosper online.
Knowing how to bring more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a business online successfully. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every web site owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “increase visitors to my site for free”
- “drive web traffic to my web site”
- “top 25 places to increase more visitors”
- “need to bring more web site traffic using email”
- “get more prospects to my website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of pages providing tips, tricks, and information on methods to help increase visitors to your website …
(There are many methods to get more web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are loads of products and free information online that can show you strategies to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, web traffic generation can be very costly!)
Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver targeted traffic to your website was to regularly publish content to your web site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and so can you!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can begin driving new targeted traffic to your web site, simply by publishing new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add new traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to provide an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up in an economically sensible way
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can instantly drive targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content pages mostly sit inside the server waiting to be found. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually be promoting their website and its content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that lets site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive you more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can start to measure and analyze your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya