WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Finding new methods to get visitors to your website is a requirement of running a successful web presence. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Get More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “drive web traffic to my web site”
- “get web traffic to my website”
- “ways to increase more web visitors”
- “ideas to increase more traffic using email”
- “free website traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of pages providing tips, tricks, and information about different methods to get more website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to get more web traffic to your website. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can teach you effective methods to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically attract new visitors to your web site was to regularly publish quality content to your site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover what is required to set up an automated traffic machine that can begin attracting targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your site will do the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help begin driving a stream of targeted traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web content just sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other site when new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to keep promoting their web presence and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides several features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to generate you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add new content and your website does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your site with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start to measure and analyze the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To keep reading this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To This Site And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)