WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a constant stream of new visitors to prosper online.
Learning sustainable strategies of generating more visitors to your website is a requirement of growing an online presence successfully. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Bringing Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “increase traffic to your web site”
- “bring more web traffic to my web site for free”
- “learn to get more web visitors”
- “cheapest ways to drive more visitors using forum ads”
- “attract more customers to my web site”
… and you will be presented with lists of sites offering you information about different methods to help drive more website visitors …
(There are many strategies to drive more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of tutorials and free information that can show you cost-effective methods to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, web traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Website Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to automatically deliver new visitors to your business was to regularly publish great content to your web site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already profiting with what we have described above … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can help begin driving new visitors to your web site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Start testing other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling things intelligently
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and your site then does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, third-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can instantly drive an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the digital content simply sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively keep promoting your site and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides a number of features that let site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically bring your business more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and your site does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start to track and analyze the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when using different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org