WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Finding new methods of getting visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to your website for free”
- “how do I get more web traffic to my website”
- “top 25 ways to get more traffic”
- “how to attract more visitors using ads”
- “I need free website traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on ways to help get more website visitors …
(There are many ways to increase web traffic to your website. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of products and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective ways to get more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money searching for a winning traffic method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting a continuous stream of web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly deliver targeted visitors to your site was to publish quality content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and so can you!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic system that will help deliver targeted visitors to your site, simply by publishing content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We provide a number of great blog posts on this site about the benefits and advantages of choosing the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can instantly attract new visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when new content on this topic is published).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why not use another web platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website content just sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly promote their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides a number of features that allow site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and your site does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to bring your business more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your built-in WordPress features with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can begin to track and analyze the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)