WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Learning how to drive traffic to your website is one of the most important skills of running a successful business online. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Bringing Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “increase traffic to my web site”
- “get more traffic to my website”
- “ideas to bring traffic”
- “easiest way to attract web visitors using Facebook”
- “drive more web traffic to my website for free”
… and you will immediately find thousands of pages containing tips, tricks, and information about ways to help you increase visitors to your website …
(There are many ways to drive more web traffic to your website. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can teach you ways to get more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable traffic method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can become a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where the only thing you had to do to attract targeted visitors to your site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we’ve just described … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation system that will begin driving an ongoing stream of web traffic to your website, simply by adding new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and your site then does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content files just sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually promote their web presence and its content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides various features that give you the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically start generating you more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and your website does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site has been configured and integrated with various external tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and understand incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
Website Traffic Blueprint Part 2 – Discover How To Turn Your WordPress Blog Into An Automated Traffic Machine
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum