WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Finding new ways to drive more traffic to your website is essential to growing a business online successfully. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the following searches into Google …
- “bring traffic to your web site for free”
- “bring more traffic to my website for free”
- “how to increase web site visitors”
- “need to bring more web traffic using paid ads”
- “drive more clients to my web site”
… and you will find loads of information about methods to help you drive more traffic to your website …
(There are lots of strategies to get more website visitors. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are tons of tutorials and free sites online that can show you cost-effective strategies to drive more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of time and money searching for a winning traffic method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can end up being a costly activity!)
Getting web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted visitors to your website was to regularly publish content to your website or blog.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements set up for this to happen … and you can too!
In our Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that will begin attracting web traffic to your web site, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Increasing web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up sensibly
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and your website does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about why you should choose WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog will drive new visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new content about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the web pages just sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your web presence and your content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides many features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and your website then does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically drive your business more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and your website will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with 3rd-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to track and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To continue reading this article, click here:
Web Traffic Blueprint Part 2 – Learn How To Turn Your WordPress Web Site Into A Traffic Generation Machine
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com