WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Discovering cost-effective ways to drive more visitors to your website is a requirement of running a successful business presence online. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to get more visitors to my website”
- “how can I attract visitors to my website”
- “best 100 places to bring more website visitors”
- “how to get more web site traffic using LinkedIn”
- “I need more web visitors”
… and you will find thousands of pages providing information about ways to help you drive more visitors to your site …
(There are loads of ways to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of products and free sites that can show you effective methods to increase visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic-getting strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive web traffic to your web site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will begin to drive targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Test new traffic strategies
(Increasing web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up in a sensible way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website that is not only built with the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, third-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can instantly deliver web traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know when a new article is published).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are traditionally built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the digital content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to constantly be promoting their site and its content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and WordPress does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to drive you more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add content and your site does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your built-in WordPress features with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin tracking and analyzing your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie