WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a constant stream of new traffic to grow online.
Learning new strategies of getting more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful presence online. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to increase traffic to my web site”
- “how do I bring more web traffic to my website for free”
- “best 5 ways to increase more website visitors”
- “ways to drive more web traffic using YouTube”
- “I need more web traffic”
… and you will find loads of tips, tricks, and information about different ways to increase traffic to your web site …
(There are loads of strategies to drive more website visitors. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are tons of products and free sites online that can teach you ways to get more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, traffic generation can end up becoming a costly activity!)
Getting continuous web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Visitors?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to automatically deliver targeted traffic to your business was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In this article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic machine that will help begin delivering a stream of new targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(Getting more web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article series is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up to suit your budget
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a web site that is not only built with WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We provide a number of great articles on this site about the benefits and advantages of using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog will drive targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web site pages typically sit inside your server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly be promoting their site and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically generate your business new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add content and WordPress does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, you simply begin to publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to track and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To keep reading, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
Want To Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To This Site!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now