WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Knowing how to drive new visitors to your website is a requirement of running a successful web presence. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “attract more visitors to my site”
- “how do I bring traffic to my web site”
- “best 10 methods to attract visitors”
- “need to bring website traffic using ads”
- “bring visitors to your web site”
… and you will immediately find an overwhelming number of sites offering you tips, tricks, and information about different methods to help increase your website visitors …
(There are loads of strategies to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are thousands of products and free sites online that can show you how to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many small businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your time and money searching for a winning traffic-getting method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, online traffic generation can become a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Grow Traffic?
Imagine owning a website where the only thing you had to do to automatically drive web traffic to your site was to regularly add quality content to your web site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the requirements set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In this article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation machine that will begin attracting an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Test other traffic strategies
(To get sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and your website does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a website or blog that is not only built with WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We have published many detailed articles on this site about why you should choose WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the web pages typically sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the platform; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your website and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides many features that let users set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to bring your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish content and your site then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and understanding the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I was absolutely amazed at the scope and breadth of these tutorials! The most in-depth training I have ever received on any subject!" - Myke O'Neill, DailyGreenPost.com