WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to survive online.
Knowing how to generate more traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful business presence online. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Drive More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type in any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “how to bring web traffic to my site”
- “how can I get visitors to my website”
- “best 100 places to bring traffic”
- “learn how to get more website visitors using PPC advertising”
- “I need more free web visitors”
… and you will be presented with thousands of pages offering you tips, tricks, and information on methods to help increase your website visitors …
(There are many ways to increase your website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are loads of products and free resources online that can teach you cost-effective strategies to increase traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, online traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate More Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver new targeted traffic to your web site was to publish content consistently.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that can begin attracting targeted visitors to your business, simply by publishing new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic strategies
(Getting a consistent stream of web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We provide a number of detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will attract a stream of targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when new content on this topic is published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the content pages simply sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your site and your content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides special features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to drive your business new traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your site’s built-in functionality with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party services, you then begin publishing new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start tracking and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when using new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To continue reading about this topic, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group