WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to survive online.
Knowing how to bring traffic to your website is essential to running a successful business presence online. Increasing traffic to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Drive More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type in any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “how to increase more traffic to your web site for free”
- “how do I get traffic to my web site”
- “top 10 methods to bring traffic”
- “ideas to bring more traffic using solo ads”
- “get clients to my website”
… and you will be presented with thousands of pages offering you tips, tricks, and information about methods to help drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of methods to drive more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are tons of courses and free sites that can show you ways to bring more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of this problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning traffic strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Increase Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to attract new visitors to your business was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are enjoying the benefits of what we’ve described above … and so can you!
In this article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that can instantly begin to attract web traffic to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(Getting continuous web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and your site will do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of choosing the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why not use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your content files typically sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website that new content has recently been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your web presence and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that lets you set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start bringing your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an expert integration of your WordPress site with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you simply begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start measuring and analyzing your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To keep reading this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com