WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning how to drive more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of running a successful business online. Lack of website traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Bringing Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “attract traffic to your website”
- “how can I attract traffic to my website”
- “top 50 ways to bring more visitors”
- “ways to increase website traffic using solo ads”
- “I need more web site visitors”
… and you will find loads of tips, tricks, and information about different methods to drive more traffic to your web site …
(There are lots of methods to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of tutorials and free information that can teach you effective how to drive more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most businesses approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can end up becoming a costly activity!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract new visitors to your business was to publish valuable content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and you can too!
In our Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin delivering a stream of web traffic to your website, simply by publishing content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Start testing other traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your site then does the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only built using the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can instantly begin delivering an ongoing stream of new visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web files typically sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your website and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides special features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to generate your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and WordPress does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin measuring and understanding the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of an article series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)