WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to bring visitors to your website is essential to building a successful presence online. Driving traffic to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by most website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “bring more traffic to your web site”
- “how do I drive visitors to my website for free”
- “best 10 places to drive more traffic”
- “ideas to drive traffic using Twitter”
- “free website traffic”
… and you will be presented with loads of information on ways to help you increase visitors to your site …
(There are many ways to get more web traffic to your website. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your website. There are loads of products and free information online that can show you cost-effective methods to bring more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where the only thing you had to do to instantly attract targeted traffic to your business was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently profiting with what we’ve just described … and you can too!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation system that can help begin to deliver new visitors to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Start testing other traffic methods
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and your site then does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We provide a number of comprehensive articles on this site about using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your content simply sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been published in your website.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively keep promoting your web presence and your content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides various features that let you set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically start generating you more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and WordPress does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)