WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Learning how to attract more traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful business online. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Traffic To Their Websites?
Type in any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “drive more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “drive more traffic to my web site”
- “top 50 places to bring web site traffic”
- “learn how to drive more visitors using solo ads”
- “bring traffic to your web site for free”
… and you will find thousands of pages providing tips, tricks, and information about different methods to increase visitors to your site …
(There are many methods to increase web traffic to your site. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are tons of products and free information online that can teach you how to get more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most small businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, online traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting continuous web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine owning a website where all you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of new visitors to your web site was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing what we’ve described above … and so can you!
In this article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that will help begin attracting targeted visitors to your business, simply by adding new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Getting web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of our article is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add new content and your site will do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a blog that is not only built on WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article is published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your content typically sits inside your server waiting to be found. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has been published on your site.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to actively promote their website and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides various features that allow users to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start bringing you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your site with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start measuring and understanding the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)