WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to survive online.
Learning new strategies to drive more traffic to your website is vital to growing a successful business online. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting More Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “how to bring traffic to my web site”
- “get web traffic to my web site”
- “learn to attract more web visitors”
- “easiest ways to bring more traffic using PPC advertising”
- “bring more prospects to your web site”
… and you will immediately find lists of pages containing information about different ways to help increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to increase web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are tons of courses and free information online that can show you methods to drive more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how most businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate More Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to automatically attract new visitors to your website was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn what you need to do to set up an automated traffic machine that will attract web traffic to your web site, simply by adding new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add other traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add new content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a site that is not only built using the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to create an automated traffic generation system requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever new information about this topic is published).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your website content typically sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or notify any other site that new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly be promoting their website and its content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to start bringing your business more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and your website does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an integration of your WordPress functionality with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to monitor and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie