WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs traffic to grow online.
Learning how to attract new visitors to your website is vital to running a successful digital presence. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Attract More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “bring web traffic to my site for free”
- “how do I increase more web traffic to my website for free”
- “best 5 methods to drive more web traffic”
- “ideas to bring more visitors using paid ads”
- “I need free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information on different ways to help you increase visitors to your site …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are tons of products and free resources that can show you ways to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Getting continuous web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver web traffic to your web site was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will help begin attracting an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and WordPress does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a blog that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about why you should choose WordPress-driven websites the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can help attract new visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed when a new article is published).
Let’s start by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your website content simply sits inside a server waiting to be found. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in cyberspace or notify any other website that new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to continually keep promoting their website and its content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with default functionality that allows site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to drive your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various external sites, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start measuring and understanding incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum