WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to bring new traffic to your website is vital to building a business online successfully. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Get Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “how to attract more visitors to your web site for free”
- “how do I increase visitors to my web site for free”
- “ideas to attract more web traffic”
- “ways to bring visitors using Reddit”
- “attract web traffic to my website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information about different ways to drive more traffic to your website …
(There are lots of ways to drive more web traffic to your site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are loads of products and free information that can teach you methods to get more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how many site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money searching for a profitable strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can become very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving Website Visitors?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver new visitors to your site was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can begin driving a stream of targeted visitors to your site, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up intelligently
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add content and WordPress then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We provide a number of great blog posts on this site about the benefits and advantages of using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed when new content on this topic is published).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why not use another platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the content mostly sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other website that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually promote their web presence and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and your website then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically start generating you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your site will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start to measure and analyze the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie