WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Knowing how to generate visitors to your website is vital to building an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “get more web traffic to my website for free”
- “drive more web traffic to my website for free”
- “top 100 ways to attract web traffic”
- “learn how to bring web visitors using Twitter”
- “attract clients to my website for free”
… and you will find an overwhelming number of sites offering you tips, tricks, and information about methods to increase visitors to your site …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free sites that can teach you effective ways to drive more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have the systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to automatically drive new visitors to your business was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place to benefit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In this article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic generation machine that will drive targeted visitors to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(Getting more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post content and WordPress will do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can be used to create an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever new content about this topic is published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why not use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your digital content typically sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or notify any other site that new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually keep promoting their web presence and its content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to generate your business more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your WordPress site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also start measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading about this topic, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)