WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a constant stream of new web visitors to prosper online.
Knowing how to generate visitors to your website is vital to running a successful presence online. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Driving More Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “attract web traffic to my site for free”
- “how can I attract traffic to my web site for free”
- “learn to increase visitors”
- “learn how to attract more web visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “I need more free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with thousands of pages containing information about different methods to help get more website visitors …
(There are many ways to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are thousands of courses and free information online that can teach you cost-effective ways to drive more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, web traffic generation can become a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate More Website Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where all you had to do to attract targeted visitors to your website was to regularly publish quality content to your website.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are profiting with this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that will help deliver new targeted traffic to your web site, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Increase Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress site is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We provide a number of comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can instantly begin driving targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website content just sits inside the server waiting to be found. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to actively keep promoting their web presence and its content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to generate your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and your website does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress site with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To keep reading this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To This Site And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)