WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a constant stream of web traffic to grow online.
Finding cost-effective strategies to increase traffic to your website is vital to growing a successful digital presence. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every web site owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “how to attract traffic to my website for free”
- “how can I drive more visitors to my website”
- “best 10 places to attract more visitors”
- “cheapest way to attract more website visitors using videos”
- “I need more web site visitors”
… and you will be presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about methods to increase traffic to your site …
(There are loads of strategies to get more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are loads of tutorials and free resources online that can teach you effective methods to get more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being a costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to attract web traffic to your site was to publish great content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing what we have described above … and you can too!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can help drive targeted traffic to your web site, simply by adding content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add new traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up intelligently
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and your site then does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article is published).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the website pages just sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your web presence and your content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides many features that allow users to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically bring you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your site then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can start measuring and analyzing your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya