WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Knowing how to increase visitors to your website is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business online. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by most web site owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to get more visitors to your web site”
- “how can I increase web traffic to my website for free”
- “top 50 ways to increase web traffic”
- “ways to get web traffic using banner ads”
- “get more prospects to my web site”
… and you will be immediately presented with thousands of pages with information on methods to get more website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to drive more web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of courses and free resources online that can teach you ways to increase traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of time and money looking for a winning method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can become very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Website Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to automatically deliver targeted visitors to your web site was to regularly add valuable content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In our article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that will begin attracting targeted visitors to your business, simply by publishing new content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress site is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can instantly begin attracting an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use some other platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your content pages just sit inside your server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your site and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish new content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically drive you more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also an integration of your site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start to monitor and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya