WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a regular stream of visitors to grow online.
Discovering effective strategies to get traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Traffic To Their Websites?
Type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to bring more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “bring web traffic to my web site for free”
- “need to bring more web site traffic”
- “need to attract web visitors using PPC advertising”
- “free web traffic”
… and you will be presented with an overwhelming number of sites that contain information on methods to get more website visitors …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your website. There are tons of courses and free resources that can show you effective how to drive more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have the systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can become a costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Increase Web Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a website where the only thing you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your web site was to publish content consistently.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place to profit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can instantly begin driving an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business, simply by adding new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Start testing other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and WordPress does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We provide a number of comprehensive articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress site can help attract an ongoing stream of new visitors to your business requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web files typically sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been added to your site.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually find ways of promoting your site and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start generating your business new website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add content and your site will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with 3rd-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start monitoring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To keep reading about this topic, click here:
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum