WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Finding new ways to attract more traffic to your website is vital to building a business online successfully. Driving traffic to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost all website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to increase traffic to my web site for free”
- “drive traffic to my website”
- “ideas to increase more web visitors”
- “learn how to bring website visitors using free methods”
- “attract more buyers to your website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with tons of pages that contain information on strategies to help drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of methods to drive more web traffic to your website. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of products and free resources online that can show you cost-effective strategies to increase visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable method of generating targeted traffic.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting regular web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your website was to publish quality content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently already enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that will help begin to attract targeted visitors to your website, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(To get sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of our article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things in a cost-effective way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add new content and your website does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a site that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We provide a number of detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can create an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are traditionally built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your web presence and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with default functionality that lets users set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and your website will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically generate your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then begin monitoring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org