WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Learning how to attract more traffic to your website is vital to building a successful web presence. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Getting More Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “bring web traffic to your site”
- “bring traffic to my website for free”
- “fastest way to increase traffic”
- “learn how to get more visitors using social media”
- “attract more traffic to my website”
… and you will find an overwhelming number of sites with information on different strategies to get more visitors to your website …
(There are loads of methods to increase your website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are thousands of courses and free resources online that can show you effective methods to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable method that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Drive More Website Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to deliver targeted traffic to your web site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can help begin driving targeted traffic to your business, simply by adding new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article series is to provide an overview of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and WordPress then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about why you should use WordPress-driven sites the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can attract web traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your content pages mostly sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other site when new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to actively keep promoting their website and its content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and your website will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start generating you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and your website will do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also start to monitor and understand your incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org