WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a constant stream of web visitors to survive online.
Finding effective strategies to increase traffic to your website is a requirement of growing a successful business online. Getting traffic to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Driving More Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “increase web traffic to your website for free”
- “drive more traffic to my web site”
- “top 25 places to attract traffic”
- “learn how to increase more web site traffic using videos”
- “I need web visitors”
… and you will be presented with lists of pages that contain information about methods to help increase traffic to your website …
(There are many ways to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free resources that can teach you effective strategies to get more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of time and money searching for a positive ROI method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Driving more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Drive More Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver web traffic to your web site was to regularly add valuable content to your web site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are profiting with what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can begin attracting an ongoing stream of new visitors to your website, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a website or blog that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, third-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about why you should use the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help begin attracting a stream of targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why can’t you use another platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web site pages mostly sit inside the server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your site and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with default functionality that lets site owners set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your website will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to generate you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start tracking and analyzing incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now