WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Knowing how to drive more visitors to your website is vital to running a business online successfully. Driving traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “drive more traffic to your site”
- “get more traffic to my web site”
- “cheapest way to bring web site visitors”
- “ways to attract web visitors using YouTube”
- “need more website visitors”
… and you will immediately find thousands of pages containing information about different strategies to increase traffic to your site …
(There are lots of ways to drive more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are tons of tutorials and free information that can show you effective strategies to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Get Website Visitors?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your website was to regularly publish content to your site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In our article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can instantly begin delivering an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of our article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up in an economically sensible way
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add new content and your site then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your web pages just sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other site when new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to constantly promote their web presence and its content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides various features that give site owners the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your website will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start driving you new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to monitor and understand your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org