WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs a constant stream of web visitors to grow online.
Discovering sustainable methods to get traffic to your website is a requirement of building a successful presence online. Getting traffic to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “increase visitors to my site for free”
- “how do I bring visitors to my web site”
- “best way to bring website visitors”
- “learn how to increase more web visitors using LinkedIn”
- “need web visitors”
… and you will immediately find loads of information on different ways to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of strategies to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of courses and free resources online that can teach you cost-effective methods to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a winning strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, web traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly drive new visitors to your website was to regularly add great content to your site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing what we’ve described above … and so can you!
In our article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can instantly begin attracting targeted visitors to your web site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(To get sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and your site does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many comprehensive articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web content just sits inside your server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site that new content has recently been added to your site.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your website and your content to keep bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides various features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically bring your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website will do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also begin measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya