WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to generate visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a business online successfully. Getting traffic to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “bring more web traffic to your site”
- “increase traffic to my web site for free”
- “top 50 ways to get traffic”
- “learn how to increase more web site traffic using videos”
- “need more web traffic”
… and you will immediately find an overwhelming number of sites that provide tips, tricks, and information about ways to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of methods to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are tons of courses and free sites that can show you ways to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being a costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Drive Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver targeted visitors to your site was to regularly add content to your site.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place to benefit from the automated traffic system described above … and so can you!
In this article series, we will show you what it takes to set up an automated traffic machine that can help begin driving new targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up in a sensible way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish content and your site does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only built with WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits and advantages of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help create an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your content just sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other site that new content has recently been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your site does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to bring you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your website will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with 3rd-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and understand incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie