WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Discovering sustainable ways of getting traffic to your website is a requirement of growing an online presence successfully. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to your web site”
- “how can I drive traffic to my website”
- “top 5 resources to get visitors”
- “fastest way to increase visitors using podcasts”
- “get more targeted buyers to my website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of sites providing tips, tricks, and information about strategies to help increase your website visitors …
(There are loads of strategies to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can show you effective ways to bring more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a winning strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can become very costly!)
Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive new targeted traffic to your site was to regularly add content to your site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover how to set up an automated traffic generation system that will begin attracting new visitors to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of our article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up intelligently
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your site will do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a blog that is not only built using WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about why you should choose the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new information on this topic).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web files simply sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to constantly keep on promoting their web presence and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides special features that allow you to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your site will then do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to generate you new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, you simply begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also begin monitoring and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing strategies.
Want To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com