WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs a regular stream of new traffic to survive online.
Discovering sustainable strategies to generate more traffic to your website is a requirement of growing a business online successfully. Getting traffic to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost all business owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Attracting Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to drive more visitors to your web site”
- “how can I attract more visitors to my web site”
- “need to increase more web site traffic”
- “need to get more visitors using Reddit”
- “bring more visitors to your website”
… and you will be presented with an overwhelming number of sites with information on methods to help drive more visitors to your web site …
(There are lots of strategies to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your website. There are tons of courses and free information that can teach you ways to increase visitors to your site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI method.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can be a very costly activity!)
Getting a consistent stream of web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to automatically deliver new visitors to your site was to regularly add content to your website or blog.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In our article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation machine that will help begin delivering web traffic to your web site, simply by adding content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things cost-effectively
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and your site does the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We write extensively on this site about why you should use WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will help deliver targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when new information on this topic is published).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your website pages just sit inside the server waiting to be found. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually keep on promoting your site and your content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and your website will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start bringing your business new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website does the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your WordPress site with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start monitoring and analyzing your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now