WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to survive online.
Finding new ways of increasing visitors to your website is a requirement of running a successful business online. Lack of website traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Attracting More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Type in any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to drive more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “increase more web traffic to my web site for free”
- “top 5 places to get more web site visitors”
- “need to attract more visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “drive more targeted buyers to my website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different strategies to help you increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to get more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are tons of products and free information online that can teach you strategies to increase visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many small businesses approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, traffic generation can be a costly activity!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating More Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to attract targeted traffic to your web site was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic machine that can begin attracting web traffic to your site, simply by publishing new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up in a cost-effective way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post content and WordPress does the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only built on WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can deliver targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the web content typically sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been published to the website.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to keep promoting their web presence and its content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides a number of features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and your site then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start driving you more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post new content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with external tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin measuring and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum