WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a regular stream of new visitors to survive online.
Discovering cost-effective ways of driving more visitors to your website is essential to building a successful web presence. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring More Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “bring web traffic to your web site for free”
- “drive web traffic to my website for free”
- “top 100 resources to drive more website traffic”
- “learn how to attract more web traffic using email”
- “I need more website visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of pages with tips, tricks, and information about ways to get more traffic to your website …
(There are loads of ways to drive more web traffic to your website. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are thousands of products and free sites that can show you how to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable strategy to bring more website traffic.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically drive targeted traffic to your website was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing what we’ve just described … and you can too!
In our Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation system that can instantly begin to deliver targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to give you an overview of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a website or blog that is not only built on WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you use some other web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web files simply sit inside your server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website that new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively continue promoting your web presence and your content to keep driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and your site will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically generate you more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post new content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin tracking and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now