WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Finding cost-effective strategies of driving more visitors to your website is essential to building a successful presence online. Getting traffic to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost all website owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Bring More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to drive more visitors to my web site”
- “how can I increase more visitors to my web site for free”
- “ways to increase more web site traffic”
- “need to attract more traffic using ads”
- “bring visitors to my website”
… and you will be immediately presented with tons of pages containing tips, tricks, and information about strategies to help you get more website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to get more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are tons of products and free sites that can show you cost-effective ways to get more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of valuable time and money searching for a winning traffic-getting strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, traffic generation can be very costly!)
Getting a consistent stream of web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive More Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver new visitors to your site was to publish quality content consistently.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to set up an automated traffic generation system that will begin driving a stream of new targeted traffic to your site, simply by adding new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and your site then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We provide a number of comprehensive articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can be used to create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your content files simply sit inside a server waiting to be found. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has been published on your site.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively keep promoting your web presence and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides many features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to drive your business more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and your site will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin monitoring and understanding the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Want To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now