WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a constant stream of web traffic to grow online.
Learning how to increase traffic to your website is a requirement of building a business online successfully. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Bringing More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to drive web traffic to my website for free”
- “bring traffic to my web site”
- “top 10 resources to drive more visitors”
- “learn how to increase more traffic using banner ads”
- “I need free website visitors”
… and you will be presented with thousands of pages offering you tips, tricks, and information on methods to help get more traffic to your website …
(There are lots of ways to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are tons of tutorials and free information online that can show you cost-effective how to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you already have systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of time and money looking for a winning traffic strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can become a costly activity!)
Getting a regular stream of web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver new targeted traffic to your site was to regularly publish valuable content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the basic components set up to profit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In this article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation system that will begin attracting web traffic to your web site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Start testing other traffic methods
(Getting a continuous stream of web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things only when it makes sense to do so
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website that is not only built on WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, third-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress site can deliver targeted visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know when a new article is published).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built using applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your web content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website that new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly keep on promoting your web presence and your content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides special features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your site will then do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically start generating your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your website will then do the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then start measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group