WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a constant stream of new web traffic to grow online.
Learning new strategies of attracting more traffic to your website is a requirement of running a successful web presence. Driving traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to get traffic to your web site”
- “bring web traffic to my web site for free”
- “best 50 ways to increase more web site visitors”
- “learn how to get web traffic using SEO”
- “drive clients to my website”
… and you will immediately find thousands of pages that contain information on methods to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to increase web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are tons of products and free resources that can teach you strategies to bring more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract targeted visitors to your web site was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can drive web traffic to your web site, simply by publishing content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up as you grow
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why not use some other web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the website content simply sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually find ways of promoting your web presence and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and your website will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and your site will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also begin monitoring and understanding your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org