WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing methods that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Discovering cost-effective ways to generate more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful business presence online. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing More Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “get more visitors to your web site for free”
- “how do I attract visitors to my website for free”
- “top 100 ways to attract visitors”
- “fastest way to attract more visitors using social media”
- “I need more web site traffic”
… and you will be presented with lists of pages offering you information on strategies to increase your website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are loads of courses and free information online that can teach you cost-effective how to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning traffic method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, web traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly deliver new targeted traffic to your site was to publish great content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and you can too!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain what it takes to set up an automated traffic machine that can help begin to attract new targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Getting web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your website will do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can instantly drive new targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when a new article is published).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are traditionally built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your web site pages simply sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other website when new content has recently been published on your site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually find ways of promoting your site and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides many features that give users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically drive your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your built-in WordPress features with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to measure and analyze the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe To This Site And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com