WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a regular stream of web visitors to survive online.
Discovering sustainable methods to attract more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a successful web presence. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “drive more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “how do I bring web traffic to my web site”
- “top 100 methods to increase website visitors”
- “learn how to get more web traffic using Twitter”
- “attract more people to my website for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with thousands of pages providing tips, tricks, and information on different strategies to help you get more website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are tons of products and free resources that can teach you cost-effective methods to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many small businesses approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a winning strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems, website traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Get More Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract targeted visitors to your web site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements in place to benefit from the automated traffic system described above … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can help attract targeted traffic to your site, simply by adding new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can deliver targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your web pages just sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has recently been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to continually promote their website and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides special features that let users set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to drive you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add new content and your site does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your site with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various external services, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to monitor and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)