WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Learning new ways of getting traffic to your website is vital to building a successful web presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Drive Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to my web site for free”
- “attract traffic to my website”
- “top 100 places to drive more website traffic”
- “easiest way to increase traffic using paid advertising”
- “get buyers to your web site”
… and you will find thousands of pages that provide tips, tricks, and information about ways to increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of methods to increase web traffic to your site. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of courses and free information that can show you effective strategies to get more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you already have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic-getting method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract new visitors to your business was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic machine that will help begin to drive targeted visitors to your business, simply by adding content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(Getting consistent web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up only when it makes sense to do so
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits and advantages of choosing WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article is published).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your digital content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been published on your site.
Think about it … if in a static website, your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively keep promoting your website and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive you new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your website will do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your built-in WordPress features with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site has been configured and integrated with various external tools, you then begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and analyze your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading about this topic, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To Our Site!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum