WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning sustainable strategies to generate more visitors to your website is vital to running a successful digital presence. Driving visitors to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost all web site owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Bringing Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “how to bring more visitors to my website”
- “get more visitors to my website”
- “top 100 resources to get more website traffic”
- “how to get more visitors using banner ads”
- “bring web traffic to your web site”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information on different strategies to help get more visitors to your web site …
(There are loads of ways to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are tons of products and free information that can teach you cost-effective how to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you already have systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, web traffic generation can be a costly activity!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a website where the only thing you had to do to deliver new targeted traffic to your site was to publish great content consistently.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In this article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can begin to drive web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We have published many detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will help begin driving targeted traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the content simply sits inside your server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly promote their site and its content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides several features that give users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start generating you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can start tracking and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum