WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Finding sustainable strategies to generate more visitors to your website is vital to running a successful presence online. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “increase more traffic to your site for free”
- “bring more visitors to my web site for free”
- “best 5 resources to attract more traffic”
- “need to get visitors using Facebook”
- “need website traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information about different methods to get more website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of courses and free sites that can show you cost-effective strategies to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Website Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to attract web traffic to your website was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have described above … and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that will begin delivering targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a web site that is not only built with the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site will deliver targeted visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are traditionally built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your website content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually keep promoting your website and your content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start driving you new traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external services, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to measure and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of an tutorial series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)