WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Knowing how to bring more visitors to your website is a requirement of running an online presence successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Driving More Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to drive more web traffic to your web site”
- “drive more visitors to my web site”
- “best 50 resources to attract web visitors”
- “ideas to get more visitors using solo ads”
- “I need web site visitors”
… and you will be presented with loads of information on different strategies to get more traffic to your website …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are tons of tutorials and free sites that can show you cost-effective how to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up being a costly activity!)
Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver a stream of targeted visitors to your web site was to regularly publish content to your website or blog.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already profiting with what we have described above … and so can you!
In the WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can instantly begin driving new visitors to your web site, simply by adding content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(Driving more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things sensibly
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and your website will then do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a website that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help attract targeted traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you use another platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web content mostly sits inside the server waiting to be found. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your website and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to generate you more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external sites, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to monitor and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of an tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya