WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Learning how to attract more traffic to your website is one of the most important skills of growing a successful web presence. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Attracting More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “attract more visitors to your web site”
- “how do I get traffic to my web site”
- “ideas to attract more visitors”
- “need to bring more web visitors using paid ads”
- “I need web traffic”
… and you will be presented with an overwhelming number of sites offering you tips, tricks, and information on methods to help you increase traffic to your website …
(There are lots of methods to drive more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of products and free resources online that can show you cost-effective ways to increase visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you already have the systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money looking for a profitable method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can become very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to automatically attract web traffic to your website was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that can instantly attract a stream of web traffic to your business, simply by adding new content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Getting web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of our article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up only when it makes sense to do so
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and your website then does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many comprehensive articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can help deliver targeted visitors to your business requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use another platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web site pages typically sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to actively continue promoting their website and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides many features that let users set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to start driving you new traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add new content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also expert integration of your WordPress functionality with external services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to track and understand your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org