This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorials, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Learning how to install WordPress:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds to thousands of dollars on the cost of web development by learning to install WordPress yourself. To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some third-party programs you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in our WordPress installation step-by-step tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
Overview Of The WordPress Installation Process
Is there a fast way to install WordPress?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every step of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This training module contains easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that show you exactly what to do before installing the WordPress application, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, following the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process covered in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some third-party applications to install WordPress. These applications are not hard to learn and we cover these in installation tutorials.
Installing A WordPress Website
We recommend following the tutorials in this training module in the exact order shown below:
- What To Do First Before Installing WordPress
- How To Register A Domain Name
- Finding Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- How To Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- Setting Up A Nameserver For Your Domain Name
- How To Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- How To Create An Email Account In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site Or Blog
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- How To Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (Three Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
After you have completed the training in this module, you will know how to easily install WordPress on any domain name. The WordPress Configuration tutorials will then show you step-by-step how to set up and configure your site.
Installing WordPress – Recommended Resources
Before you begin, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the following training modules:
In addition to the step-by-step tutorials, we recommend watching the following video series:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- How To Use FTP
- Using cPanel
- How To Use Amazon S3
- How To Use Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Tutorials And Videos From Your Own WordPress Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials we provide on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard via the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time searching for information online and help you master WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to get access to WPTrainMe PRO for a low one-time fee, click here.
Click on the button below to get started …
"I was absolutely amazed at the scope and breadth of these tutorials! The most in-depth training I have ever received on any subject!" - Myke O'Neill, DailyGreenPost.com