This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorial series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
At this point, you should already have an understanding of why you should choose WordPress as the online platform to power your website or blog, and complete the website planning process.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Installing WordPress on your domain:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on web development costs by learning to install WordPress yourself (of course, if you want to save time, then, by all means consider using web developers). To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some programs you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in our WordPress installation tutorials.
- Is not difficult. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, installation tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
WordPress Installation Process – Overview
Is there a fast way to install WordPress?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every component of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This module includes easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing the WordPress application, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, using the process shown in the flowchart below:
(WordPress Installation – click the above image to enlarge)
The installation process covered in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some third-party programs to install WordPress. These programs are not complicated and are covered in our WordPress installation tutorials.
For best results, we recommend following the tutorials in this module in the exact order shown below:
- What You Need To Do Before You Install WordPress
- Registering A Domain Name
- Finding Available Keyword Rich Domain Names Quickly (optional)
- Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Configure Your Domain Name Server
- How To Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- How To Create An Email Account In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- Installing WordPress Using cPanel – Fast WordPress Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (3 Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
Once you have completed this training module, you will know how to a brand new website or blog for business or personal use. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then show you how to configure your site.
WordPress Installation – Additional Resources
Before you start, we recommend going through the following training modules:
In addition to the written tutorials, we recommend watching the video series below:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- How To Use FTP
- Using cPanel
- How To Use Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Step-By-Step Tutorials And Videos From Your Own WP Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of WordPress step-by-step tutorials shown on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard via the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time and help you master using WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
(WordPress Installation Guide)
To learn how to get access to WPTrainMe PRO at a very special price, click here.
Are you ready to begin? Then click on the button below to get started …
What To Do Before Installing WordPress
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya