This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorial series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Learning how to install a WordPress website or blog:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds to thousands of dollars on the cost of web development by learning to install WordPress yourself. To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some 3rd-party applications you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in our WordPress installation tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our step-by-step tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
WordPress Installation – Overview
Is there a fast way to install WordPress?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every element of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This module provides easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing a WordPress site, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, following the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process described in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some applications to install WordPress. These programs are not complicated and we cover these in installation step-by-step tutorials.
WordPress Site Installation Process
We recommend following the tutorials in this module in the order shown below:
- What You Need To Do First Before You Install WordPress
- Register A Domain Name
- Finding Available Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- How To Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Point Your Domain Name To Your Web Host
- How To Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- Creating An Email Account In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- Installing WordPress Using cPanel – Fast WordPress Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (3 Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
Once you have completed this training module, you will know how to easily install WordPress on any domain name with minimal technical skills required. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then take you step-by-step through the process of setting up and configuring your website or blog.
Installing WordPress – Additional Resources
Before you begin, we recommend going through the following modules:
We suggest watching the following video tutorials in addition to our step-by-step tutorials:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- Using FTP
- Using cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Step-By-Step Tutorials And Videos From Your Own WordPress Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the same detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials we provide on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress ’how to’ video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard with the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos will save you time searching for information online and help you master using WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to get access to WPTrainMe PRO at a very special price, click here.
Click the link below to get started …
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum