This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation step-by-step training module, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Installing WordPress on your domain:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on web development costs by learning to install WordPress yourself. To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some third-party applications you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in installation tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our step-by-step tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
Overview Of The WordPress Installation Process
Can WordPress be installed quickly?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every component of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
The WordPress Installation training module includes easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing the WordPress application, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, following the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process described in our tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some programs to install WordPress. These programs are not hard to learn and we cover these in our WordPress installation tutorials.
WP Site Installation Process
We strongly recommend following the tutorials in this training module in the exact order shown below:
- What To Do Before You Install WordPress
- Registering A Domain Name
- Finding Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- How To Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Point Your Domain Name To Your Web Host
- Creating Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- Create An Email Account In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site Or Blog
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- How To Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (Three Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
After completing this training module, you will know how to install WordPress on your own domain name. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then take you through the process of configuring your website or blog.
Installing WordPress – Recommended Resources
Before you begin, we recommend completing these training modules:
We recommend watching the following videos in addition to the written step-by-step tutorials:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- Using FTP
- Using cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Tutorials And Videos Directly From Your WP Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of comprehensive WordPress step-by-step tutorials provided on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress ’how to’ video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard with the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos will save you time searching for information online and help you master WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to access WPTrainMe PRO at a special low price, click here.
Click the button below to get started …
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group