This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation step-by-step training series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on web development costs by learning to install WordPress yourself (of course, if you want to save time, then, by all means consider using professional services). To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some third-party applications you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in installation tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our WordPress installation tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
WordPress Installation Process – Overview
Can WordPress be installed quickly?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every step of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
The WordPress Installation module contains detailed tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing the WordPress application, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, using the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process described in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use 3rd-party programs to install WordPress. These applications are not complicated and we cover these in installation tutorials.
How To Install WordPress
We recommend following the tutorials in this module in the order listed below:
- What You Need To Do Before Installing WordPress
- How To Register A Domain Name
- How To Find Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- Set Up A Nameserver For Your Domain Name
- Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- How To Create An Email Account For Your Domain Name In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site Or Blog
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- How To Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (Three Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
After you have completed the training in this module, you will know how to a brand new site or blog for business or personal use on your own domain name. The WordPress Configuration tutorials will then show you how to configure your site.
WordPress Installation – Additional Resources
Before you begin, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the following training modules:
We recommend watching the following video series in addition to our step-by-step tutorials:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- Using FTP
- How To Use cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- How To Use Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Step-By-Step Tutorials And Videos Directly From Your WordPress Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the same comprehensive library of WordPress step-by-step tutorials provided on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress ’how to’ video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard with the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time and help you master WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to access WPTrainMe PRO at a special low price, click here.
Are you ready to begin? Then click on the link below to get started …
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org