This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation step-by-step training module, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Installing a WordPress website or blog:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on the cost of web development by learning to install WordPress yourself (of course, if you want to save time, then, by all means consider using professional services). To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some 3rd-party applications you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in installation tutorials.
- Is not difficult. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
Overview Of The WordPress Installation Process
Can WordPress be installed quickly?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every element of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
The WordPress Installation module includes detailed tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing WordPress, and takes you step-by-step through the installation process itself, using the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process covered in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use 3rd-party applications to install WordPress. These applications are not complicated and we cover these in our WordPress installation tutorials.
For best results, we strongly recommend following the tutorials in this module in the exact order shown below:
- What You Need To Do Before Installing WordPress
- How To Register A Domain Name
- Finding Available Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Set Up A Nameserver For Your Domain Name
- Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- How To Create An Email Account (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site Or Blog
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- How To Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (Three Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
Once you have completed the training in this module, you will know how to easily a brand new WordPress site or blog for business or personal use on your own domain. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then show you how to set up and configure your the settings on your new site.
WordPress Installation – Additional Resources
Before you begin, we recommend that you complete these training modules:
In addition to our step-by-step tutorials, we suggest watching the video tutorials below:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- Using FTP
- How To Use cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Step-By-Step Tutorials And Videos Directly From Your WordPress Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of comprehensive WordPress step-by-step tutorials shown on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress ’how to’ video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard with the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos will save you time searching for information online and help you master using WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to get access to WPTrainMe PRO for a low one-time fee, click here.
Click on the button below to get started …
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, advertised, or reviewed on this site.
Have you found this tutorial useful? Feel free to share this page with anyone who can benefit from WordPress using the links below.