This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorial series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Learning how to install a WordPress website or blog:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds to thousands of dollars on the cost of web development by learning to install WordPress yourself. To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some 3rd-party programs you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in installation tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
Installing WordPress – An Overview
Can WordPress be installed quickly?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every element of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This training module provides detailed tutorials and checklists that show you exactly what to do before installing a WordPress site, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, using the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process described in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some third-party applications to install WordPress. These programs are not hard to learn and are covered in the tutorials.
Installing A WordPress Site
We strongly recommend following the tutorials in this training module in the exact order listed below:
- What You Need To Do Before Installing WordPress
- Registering A Domain Name
- How To Find Keyword Rich Domain Names Quickly (optional)
- Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Set Up A Name Server For Your Domain Name
- Creating Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- Create An Email Account For Your Domain Name In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast WordPress Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (3 Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
Once you have completed this training module, you will know how to easily install a brand new site or blog on your own domain name. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then take you step-by-step through the process of setting up and configuring your website or blog.
WordPress Installation – Recommended Resources
Before you begin, we recommend becoming familiar with these training modules:
In addition to the tutorials, we suggest watching the video tutorials below:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- Using FTP
- Using cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- How To Use Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Step-By-Step Tutorials And Videos Directly From Your WP Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of comprehensive WordPress step-by-step tutorials we provide on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard using the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time searching for information online and help you master the basics of using WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to access WPTrainMe PRO for a low one-time fee, click here.
Click on the button below to get started …
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum