This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation step-by-step training module, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Learning how to install WordPress:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on web development costs by learning to install WordPress yourself (of course, if you want to save time, then, by all means consider using the services of a professional WordPress developer). To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some 3rd-party applications you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in these tutorials.
- Is not difficult. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, installation tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
Overview Of The WordPress Installation Process
Is there a fast way to install WordPress?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every component of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This module provides easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that will show you exactly what to do before installing WordPress, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, using the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process covered in our tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use some third-party applications to install WordPress. These programs are not difficult to learn and we cover these in our WordPress installation tutorials.
How To Install WordPress
For best results, we recommend following the tutorials in this training module in the exact order shown below:
- What To Do First Before Installing WordPress
- How To Register A Domain Name
- Finding Available Keyword Rich Domain Names – Quick Method (optional)
- Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Set Up A Name Server For Your Domain Name
- Create Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- Create An Email Account For Your Domain Name In cPanel (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site Or Blog
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- How To Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast WordPress Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (Three Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
After you have completed this training module, you will know how to easily install a brand new website or blog on any domain name with minimal technical skills required. The WordPress Setup tutorials will then take you step-by-step through the process of configuring your site.
Installing WordPress – Recommended Resources
Before you start, we recommend completing these modules:
In addition to our step-by-step tutorials, we suggest watching the following video series:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- How To Use FTP
- How To Use cPanel
- Using Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Tutorials And Videos Directly From Your WP Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to the complete library of WordPress tutorials published here on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard using the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time and help you master WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to access WPTrainMe PRO at a special low price, click here.
Click the button below to get started …
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)