This tutorial is part of our WordPress installation tutorial series, where we show you how to install a WordPress site or blog on your own domain name with no coding skills required.
WordPress Installation Process
(WordPress Installation Process)
Learning how to install WordPress:
- Saves you money. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on the cost of web development by learning to install WordPress yourself. To learn more about saving money with WordPress, see our Digital WordPress Business Blueprint.
- Requires no coding skills. Our tutorials show you how to install WordPress on your domain with no coding skills required. There are some third-party programs you will need to learn how to use to perform your installation, but these also require no coding skills and are covered in installation step-by-step tutorials.
- Is not hard. All you need is to invest a little time learning how. Fortunately, our tutorials are laid out in logical, sequential order, and are designed to help you save time. Just follow the steps, and you will soon have a professional-looking website or blog installed on your domain.
WordPress Installation Process – Overview
Can WordPress be installed quickly?
Absolutely! Once you learn how to do it, WordPress can be installed on any domain in under a minute … here’s proof:
As you can see, once you know what to do, installing WordPress on a domain is the easiest part of building your own website.
If you are just starting out, however, the steps you need to complete to install WordPress in 60 seconds or less can be very confusing. We have broken down every element of the WordPress installation process so that anyone can follow … even if you have no coding or programming skills!
This module includes easy-to-follow tutorials and checklists that show you exactly what to do before installing a WordPress site, and takes you step-by-step through the WordPress installation process, following the process shown in the flowchart below:
The installation process covered in these tutorials assumes that you have no coding knowledge or web development skills. You will, however, need to learn how to use 3rd-party programs to install WordPress. These programs are not difficult to learn and we cover these in the tutorials.
WordPress Installation Process
For best results, we strongly recommend following the tutorials in this training module in the order shown below:
- What You Need To Do First Before You Install WordPress
- How To Register A Domain Name
- Finding Keyword Rich Domain Names Quickly (optional)
- How To Set Up Web Hosting For Your WordPress Site
- How To Configure Your Domain Name Server
- Creating Subdomains And Add-on Domains In cPanel (optional)
- How To Create An Email Account (optional)
- Decide Where To Install Your WordPress Site
- Create A Google Account
- WordPress Content Checklist
- Install WordPress Using cPanel – Fast WordPress Installation Method
- How To Install WordPress Manually Using FTP (optional method)
- How To Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Your Server (3 Methods)
- How To Configure Server File Permission Settings (if required)
After completing this training module, you will know how to easily install a brand new WordPress site or blog on your own domain name. The WordPress Configuration tutorials will then show you how to set up and configure your site.
Installing WordPress – Additional Resources
Before you begin, we recommend familiarizing yourself with these modules:
In addition to the step-by-step tutorials, we suggest watching the videos below:
- Build A WordPress Site Fast
- How To Use Softaculous
- How To Use FTP
- Using cPanel
- How To Use Amazon S3
- Using Google Keyword Planner
- Google Tools (Gmail & Google Analytics)
You can access the above videos anytime by becoming a member of WPTrainMe.com (Pro Edition).
Access Hundreds Of WordPress Tutorials And Videos From Your Own WordPress Dashboard
WPTrainMe gives you access to all of the detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials we provide here on WPCompendium.org, plus hundreds of WordPress ’how to’ video tutorials and additional resources directly from your WordPress dashboard via the WPTrainMe plugin (PRO edition). These tutorials and videos are designed to save you time and help you master the basics of using WordPress quickly and easily.
Inside the WPTrainMe PRO member’s area, you will also find a downloadable step-by-step WordPress Installation Guide containing the same tutorials included in this training module in printable format. This comprehensive 253-page PDF guide is fully illustrated with hundreds of detailed screenshots and will save you hundreds of $$$ building your own WordPress site …
To learn how to get access to WPTrainMe PRO at a special low price, click here.
Click the button below to get started …
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, reviewed, or advertised on this site.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Please feel free to share this post with anyone who can benefit from learning about WordPress using the links below.