WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Knowing how to attract traffic to your website is essential to building a successful business presence online. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get Traffic To Their Websites?
Type in any of the following searches into Google …
- “how to bring more visitors to your site”
- “increase more visitors to my website for free”
- “best 5 places to drive traffic”
- “learn how to increase web traffic using YouTube”
- “I need free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with an overwhelming number of sites containing tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are many methods to drive more web traffic to your website. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are tons of products and free sites that can teach you methods to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have the systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a website where the only thing you had to do to drive new targeted traffic to your web site was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the basic components in place to profit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In the WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that will begin attracting a stream of targeted visitors to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of our article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things sensibly
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We provide a number of comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will begin delivering an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the digital content simply sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has been published on the website.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to keep promoting their web presence and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start generating your business more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add new content and your site then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to monitor and understand your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)