WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a constant stream of new visitors to stay in business online.
Knowing how to increase traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of running a successful digital presence. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by most website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “how to increase more visitors to my site”
- “how can I drive more traffic to my web site”
- “best 50 places to bring more visitors”
- “ideas to drive web site visitors using Facebook”
- “get more targeted buyers to your website for free”
… and you will be presented with loads of information about different strategies to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are many methods to increase web traffic to your website. This article series will help you set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of tutorials and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective methods to drive more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your time and money searching for a winning strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract new visitors to your web site was to publish quality content consistently.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently profiting with this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain how to set up an automated traffic generation system that can help deliver targeted visitors to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things sensibly
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a website that is not only built on the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information on this topic is published).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your digital content simply sits inside your server waiting to be found. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other site when new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to continually promote their web presence and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and your site will then do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to start bringing your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your WordPress site with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site has been configured and integrated with various external tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to track and understand your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com