WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to prosper online.
Learning sustainable strategies to increase traffic to your website is essential to building a business online successfully. Increasing visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “bring traffic to your web site”
- “bring visitors to my web site”
- “learn to attract web traffic”
- “ways to increase website traffic using email”
- “I need more web visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about methods to increase your website visitors …
(There are many ways to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your site. There are loads of products and free information online that can show you how to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a costly activity!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your site was to regularly publish content to your site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In this article series, we explain what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin driving new targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic methods
(To get sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up cost-effectively
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a site that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site will attract targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the content typically sits inside your server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been published on the website.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your site and your content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with default functionality that lets site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically drive you more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post new content and your site does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start tracking and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum