WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Discovering effective strategies to drive more visitors to your website is one of the most important skills of growing an online presence successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “increase more visitors to your site for free”
- “get web traffic to my website”
- “how to increase visitors”
- “how to attract more visitors using ads”
- “need web site visitors”
… and you will find lists of pages that contain tips, tricks, and information about ways to help drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of methods to get more web traffic to your website. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are thousands of products and free resources that can teach you strategies to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have the systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming a costly activity!)
Getting consistent web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically attract targeted visitors to your business was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the elements in place for this to happen … and so can you!
In our article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic generation system that will begin delivering web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Test new traffic strategies
(Driving more web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things in an economic and sensible way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We write extensively on this site about why you should choose WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can help create an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content just sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or notify any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly be promoting your website and your content to keep driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that lets site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and your site will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing you more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and your site will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress site with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com