WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Discovering cost-effective methods to attract more traffic to your website is one of the most important aspects of building a successful digital presence. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Get Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “get traffic to my site for free”
- “how can I bring visitors to my website”
- “how to drive more web traffic”
- “how to increase website visitors using forum ads”
- “bring traffic to my website for free”
… and you will find loads of information about different strategies to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to increase web traffic to your site. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are tons of courses and free information online that can show you cost-effective strategies to drive more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, website traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Grow Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your website was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we have described above … and you can too!
In our article series, you will discover what it takes to set up an automated traffic machine that will help begin delivering an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Test other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up cost-effectively
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add content and WordPress does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We provide a number of great articles on this site about the benefits of choosing the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website will drive web traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or notify any other site when new content has recently been published on your website.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to keep promoting their web presence and its content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides several features that allow users to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post content and your website will then do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external tools, you simply begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to track and understand your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie