WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to bring more visitors to your website is a requirement of growing a business online successfully. Lack of website traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the searches below into Google …
- “increase web traffic to your site”
- “how can I attract visitors to my web site for free”
- “best 100 places to attract traffic”
- “need to drive web traffic using forum ads”
- “need web traffic”
… and you will find loads of tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help drive more visitors to your website …
(There are many methods to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are tons of products and free resources that can show you effective ways to get more visitors to your site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Website Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver new targeted traffic to your site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing what we have described above … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will help begin to deliver new targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up as you grow
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog will begin driving targeted visitors to your business requires several articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your website pages simply sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website when new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to actively continue promoting their web presence and its content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides a number of features that allow site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your website will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start generating you more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add new content and your site does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various external tools, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and analyze your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)