WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Learning how to bring visitors to your website is one of the most important aspects of building a business online successfully. Getting visitors to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by many website owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Drive Traffic To Their Websites?
Type any of the following key phrases into Google …
- “drive more traffic to your web site”
- “how do I bring more web traffic to my website”
- “best 10 places to bring visitors”
- “learn how to bring web visitors using forum ads”
- “bring more prospects to my web site”
… and you will immediately find lists of pages containing information about ways to help you increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of methods to drive more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are thousands of courses and free information online that can show you effective strategies to increase visitors to your website.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can become very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating More Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where all you had to do to automatically deliver an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business was to regularly publish valuable content to your web site.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the requirements in place to profit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In the WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic system that will begin to attract targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add other traffic strategies
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and your website does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a web site that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content mostly sits inside the server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or notify any other site that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to actively continue promoting their web presence and its content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that lets site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically bring you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your site with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various external sites, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin monitoring and analyzing your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)