WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Knowing how to bring traffic to your website is essential to building an online presence successfully. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Driving Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to attract more visitors to my web site for free”
- “bring traffic to my website”
- “need to attract more visitors”
- “ideas to get web site traffic using podcasts”
- “need web site visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with an overwhelming number of sites with information on ways to get more traffic to your site …
(There are loads of methods to get more web traffic to your website. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of courses and free resources that can show you ways to drive more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems in place, website traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign elements, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Get More Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted visitors to your web site was to publish great content on a regular basis.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the elements in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In the WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation system that can help begin to drive web traffic to your site, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of our article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post content and your website then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We provide a number of detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help drive targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever new information on this topic gets published).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web site pages just sit inside the server waiting to be found. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has recently been published to the website.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to keep promoting your website and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides several features that give users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and your website will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start driving you more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various external sites, you simply begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to measure and analyze your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)