- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of tutorials designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to survive online.
Knowing how to attract new traffic to your website is one of the most important aspects of building a successful web presence. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the following key phrases into Google …
- “get traffic to my web site for free”
- “drive web traffic to my website”
- “need to drive more visitors”
- “ways to drive traffic using PPC advertising”
- “I need free website traffic”
… and you will be presented with loads of information about strategies to help you increase visitors to your website …
(There are many methods to get more web traffic to your site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are tons of products and free sites that can show you how to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a winning method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can become a costly activity!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Generate Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract web traffic to your business was to regularly publish content to your web site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the basic components in place to benefit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In this article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can begin driving a stream of web traffic to your site, simply by adding content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and your website does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We provide a number of great blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
Why do you need to use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content typically sits inside the server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other site when new content has recently been published to the website.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to continually keep on promoting their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets you set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and your site does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and your website then does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your site with 3rd-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, you simply begin to publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can start monitoring and understanding the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked from this site.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please consider sharing this page with anyone thinking of starting or growing their business online using the share buttons below.