- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to prosper online.
Discovering effective ways to drive more visitors to your website is vital to building a successful business online. Lack of website traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to bring traffic to my web site”
- “drive web traffic to my web site for free”
- “best 10 resources to increase more web site traffic”
- “best way to increase more traffic using free methods”
- “need web site visitors”
… and you will be presented with lists of pages that contain tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help get more visitors to your website …
(There are loads of methods to increase web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can teach you effective methods to bring more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, online traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Increase Web Visitors?
Imagine owning a website where the only thing you had to do to drive targeted visitors to your web site was to regularly add content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we’ve just described … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can help begin to deliver web traffic to your site, simply by publishing new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up in an economic and sensible way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your site does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can drive an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your content files simply sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your web presence and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start driving your business new website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post content and your website then does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress site with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various external services, you then begin to publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then start to monitor and analyze your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic organically using a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)
Disclaimer: This site has no association with WordPress, Automattic, or any of the products promoted on this website. We may derive affiliate commissions from sales of products and/or services mentioned on our site. All images remain the copyright of their respective owners and are used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please take a moment to use the social links below to share this tutorial with other online users.