- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive More Traffic To Your Site
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Knowing how to attract visitors to your website is essential to growing an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Get More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “bring traffic to my web site for free”
- “how do I drive visitors to my web site”
- “top 5 methods to drive traffic”
- “need to bring more web site visitors using paid advertising”
- “get more customers to my website”
… and you will be presented with loads of information on strategies to help you get more visitors to your website …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your website. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are tons of products and free resources that can show you cost-effective methods to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver a stream of targeted visitors to your website was to regularly add quality content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In our article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can begin driving an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your website, simply by adding new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up when required
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and WordPress will do the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a blog that is not only built using WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We provide a number of excellent blog posts on this site about using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can instantly begin driving a stream of web traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your content files simply sit inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has recently been published to your website.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to actively keep promoting their site and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides various features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically generate your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external sites, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also start measuring and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, reviewed, or tested by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items linked to, reviewed, or advertised on this site.
Was this article useful? Feel free to use the social buttons below to share this post with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress.