- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Site
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Learning how to drive traffic to your website is a requirement of building a business online successfully. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by many web site owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Drive More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Type in any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “attract web traffic to your web site for free”
- “attract web traffic to my web site for free”
- “top 5 resources to drive more web visitors”
- “ideas to bring web visitors using LinkedIn”
- “I need web visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information on different ways to drive more traffic to your site …
(There are loads of strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are thousands of products and free sites that can show you cost-effective ways to increase visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most businesses approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy to drive targeted traffic.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, online traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Increase Website Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to instantly deliver web traffic to your site was to regularly add content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we have described above … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that can instantly attract a stream of targeted visitors to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add new traffic strategies
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article series is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things as you grow
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and your website will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a blog that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about why you should use WordPress-powered sites the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your web site pages mostly sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site that new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides special features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and your site will then do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to bring your business more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your site will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an expert integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various external services, you simply begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to monitor and understand incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress or any WordPress-related products written about on this site. We may receive financial benefits or affiliate commissions from the sale of any third-party products advertised, endorsed or linked from this website. All product images remain the copyright of their respective owners and are being used only for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this post? Please feel free to use the links below to share this tutorial with others.