WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to grow online.
Discovering effective methods to get visitors to your website is one of the most important skills of running an online presence successfully. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the searches below into Google …
- “get visitors to your website”
- “how can I increase more web traffic to my web site”
- “best 5 methods to increase more traffic”
- “easiest way to bring visitors using free methods”
- “drive more web traffic to your web site for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with an overwhelming number of sites that contain information on strategies to help you get more visitors to your web site …
(There are many strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are loads of courses and free information that can show you effective strategies to get more visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many businesses typically approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Increase Website Visitors?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your website was to regularly add content to your website or blog.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently already enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover what it takes to set up an automated traffic generation system that can help begin to drive web traffic to your site, simply by publishing content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add new traffic methods
(Getting consistent web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post new content and WordPress does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website content simply sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to actively promote their website and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets you set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and your website will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically start generating your business more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add content and your site then does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can start to monitor and understand your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Want To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now