WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Discovering new ways to increase visitors to your website is vital to growing a successful web presence. Driving traffic to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to increase more traffic to my site”
- “how do I get traffic to my website for free”
- “top 25 resources to increase more website traffic”
- “ways to increase web site visitors using Facebook”
- “drive traffic to my website”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on different strategies to drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are loads of products and free resources online that can teach you effective methods to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Driving more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Drive Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver an ongoing stream of web traffic to your website was to regularly publish content to your web site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In this article series, you will learn what is required to set up an automated traffic machine that can help begin to drive targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Test new traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and putting proper systems in place)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only built on WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can help create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web pages typically sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other website that new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to actively continue promoting their web presence and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides several features that allow site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start driving your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the integration of your built-in WordPress features with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, you simply begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start to measure and analyze your incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya