- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring Traffic To Your Website
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Learning cost-effective methods of attracting more visitors to your website is one of the most important skills of running a successful presence online. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to bring more traffic to your web site”
- “attract more visitors to my web site”
- “best 25 methods to drive website visitors”
- “need to bring traffic using PPC advertising”
- “I need free web visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on methods to help you increase your website visitors …
(There are many methods to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are tons of tutorials and free resources online that can teach you cost-effective strategies to drive more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems, online traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract targeted visitors to your website was to regularly add content to your website or blog.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we have just described … and so can you!
In our article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will help attract new targeted traffic to your web site, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic strategies
(Getting web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post content and your site does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a site that is not only built with the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can instantly drive targeted traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information on this topic is published).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are traditionally built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web files typically sit inside the server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your website and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides various features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically bring you more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post content and your website then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your site with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, you simply begin publishing new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also begin measuring and analyzing your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, tested, or certified by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked to this site.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please take a moment and share this tutorial with other WordPress users using the share buttons below.