WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning sustainable ways of getting traffic to your website is one of the most important skills of building an online presence successfully. Driving visitors to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by many web site owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Getting More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the following searches into Google …
- “drive more web traffic to your web site”
- “how can I bring more visitors to my web site for free”
- “top 50 resources to attract more traffic”
- “fastest ways to get web traffic using SEO”
- “bring more targeted buyers to your web site for free”
… and you will be presented with an overwhelming number of sites providing tips, tricks, and information about different methods to drive more traffic to your website …
(There are loads of strategies to increase web traffic to your website. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free resources that can show you cost-effective strategies to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of time and money looking for a profitable strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, online traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Web Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to attract targeted visitors to your business was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently profiting with what we have just described … and you can too!
In this article series, we explain what is required to set up an automated traffic machine that will help attract an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(Increasing web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when a new article gets published).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content simply sits inside the server waiting to be found. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other website that new content has recently been published in the website.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your site and your content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides special features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your site will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically bring you new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just add new content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your built-in WordPress features with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can start tracking and understanding incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya