WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs a regular stream of new traffic to prosper online.
Finding new ways to get traffic to your website is essential to building a business online successfully. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Attract Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to get web traffic to my web site”
- “drive more traffic to my web site for free”
- “best 25 methods to get visitors”
- “need to bring web visitors using social media”
- “I need web site traffic”
… and you will be presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on methods to get more website visitors …
(There are loads of methods to get more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are loads of tutorials and free information that can show you strategies to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money searching for a winning strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can be very costly!)
Getting consistent web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Increase Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver a stream of targeted traffic to your business was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic machine that can attract web traffic to your web site, simply by publishing new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to provide an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up when required
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress will do the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new information on this topic).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why can’t you just use some other web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your content typically sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or announce to any other site that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to constantly promote their website and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with default functionality that lets users set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically bring you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your WordPress site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin measuring and understanding your results and gather valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint Part Two – Learn How To Turn Your WordPress Blog Into An Automated Traffic Machine
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group