- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to bring new traffic to your website is vital to building an online presence successfully. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the following key phrases into Google …
- “bring more traffic to my web site”
- “bring traffic to my website for free”
- “best ways to increase visitors”
- “ideas to bring more website visitors using paid ads”
- “attract more clients to your web site for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of sites providing tips, tricks, and information about ways to increase visitors to your web site …
(There are lots of methods to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are tons of tutorials and free information online that can show you methods to get more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract new visitors to your site was to publish great content consistently.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In our article series, you will discover what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will help attract an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add new traffic methods
(Increasing web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a web site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We provide a number of great blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help begin delivering an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in cyberspace or notify any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to keep promoting your web presence and your content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides many features that give site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and your site then does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to generate you new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to monitor and analyze incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, tested, or certified by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked from this site.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider using the social links below and share this tutorial with other WordPress users.