WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs a regular stream of new visitors to survive online.
Discovering sustainable strategies of generating more traffic to your website is essential to building a business online successfully. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost all web site owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Attracting More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “how to bring more visitors to your web site”
- “how can I attract web traffic to my web site”
- “fastest way to get traffic”
- “how to bring web traffic using ads”
- “need web site visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different ways to help increase your website visitors …
(There are many ways to increase web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are loads of courses and free sites that can teach you cost-effective how to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of time and money searching for a profitable strategy to bring more traffic.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, online traffic generation can become a very costly activity!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business was to regularly add quality content to your website.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are profiting with this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can begin delivering web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Drive Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To get sustainable traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can begin attracting new targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you use some other web platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your content just sits inside your server waiting to be found. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has recently been published on the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your website and your content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides special features that allow users to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and your website then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically generate your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and your site does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and understand the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To continue reading this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe To Our Site!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)