- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Website
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of articles designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to increase visitors to your website is essential to building an online presence successfully. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the phrases below into Google …
- “how to drive more visitors to my web site”
- “attract more traffic to my web site”
- “ways to bring traffic”
- “ideas to get traffic using Pinterest”
- “drive more targeted buyers to your website for free”
… and you will be presented with loads of information on strategies to help you get more traffic to your web site …
(There are loads of methods to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are tons of courses and free information that can teach you ways to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, web traffic generation can be a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to automatically attract targeted visitors to your web site was to publish quality content consistently.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites set up for this to happen … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation system that can drive targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online and putting proper systems in place)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article series is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling things in an economically sensible way
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish new content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about why you should choose WordPress-driven sites the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can help drive new visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use some other platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web site pages typically sit inside your server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to keep promoting their site and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and your site then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically drive you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your site does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items advertised, linked to, or reviewed on this site.
Have you found this article useful? Please feel free to use the social links below to share this post with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress.