WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Knowing how to drive traffic to your website is vital to running a successful web presence. Driving traffic to a web site is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “attract more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “how can I drive more visitors to my web site for free”
- “top 25 ways to bring more website visitors”
- “easiest ways to drive more web visitors using SEO”
- “get prospects to my website”
… and you will immediately find thousands of pages providing information on strategies to help get more website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to drive more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are tons of tutorials and free information online that can teach you strategies to bring more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a winning traffic-getting strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can become very costly!)
Getting a regular stream of web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver a stream of new visitors to your site was to publish valuable content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the basic components in place for this to happen … and so can you!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that can instantly begin to drive targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(Getting regular web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and putting the right systems in place)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things in a sensible way
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply publish content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a web site that is not only built on the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can instantly drive targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively promote your website and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that allows you to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start driving your business more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your website will do the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, you simply begin publishing new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to track and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To keep reading about this topic, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum