WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Discovering cost-effective methods to get traffic to your website is vital to growing a business online successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to drive more web traffic to your website for free”
- “how do I get visitors to my web site”
- “best 10 places to attract more web site traffic”
- “learn how to attract more web site traffic using YouTube”
- “attract more customers to my website”
… and you will immediately find lists of sites that provide information about different methods to drive more website visitors …
(There are many methods to drive more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are thousands of products and free resources online that can show you effective how to drive more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can be a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where all you had to do to instantly drive new targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently already profiting with what we have just described … and you can too!
In this article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can begin delivering targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add new traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and WordPress will do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only built using the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We provide a number of excellent blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can create an automated traffic system requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built on applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your digital content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in cyberspace or notify any other website that new content has been published to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to constantly promote their web presence and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides several features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and WordPress then does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to start generating you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and your site will do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various external sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start to track and analyze your results and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To This Site!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now