WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to grow online.
Knowing how to attract traffic to your website is essential to building a business online successfully. Driving visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by most website owners.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Bring Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “increase visitors to my web site for free”
- “get more web traffic to my website”
- “ideas to attract more web visitors”
- “cheapest ways to bring visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “I need free web visitors”
… and you will be presented with lists of pages providing information about different ways to increase your website visitors …
(There are many ways to drive more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are loads of tutorials and free sites online that can teach you methods to bring more visitors to your site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how most businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you already have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting regular web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Generate Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where all you had to do to automatically deliver targeted traffic to your site was to regularly publish great content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation system that can help attract new visitors to your website, simply by adding content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Test new traffic strategies
(Driving web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and your website then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will help deliver web traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you just use another platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website content mostly sits inside your server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other website when new content has been published on the website.
Think about it … if with a static website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to actively promote their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and your website will then do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically bring your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your built-in WordPress features with 3rd-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party services, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start to measure and understand your incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To Our Site!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)