- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a constant stream of new visitors to prosper online.
Finding effective methods to attract more visitors to your website is essential to running a successful business online. Driving visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by many website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “increase more visitors to your web site”
- “increase traffic to my website”
- “best 50 ways to bring web traffic”
- “ways to bring more visitors using social media”
- “I need free website visitors”
… and you will find lists of sites offering you information on ways to drive more visitors to your web site …
(There are lots of ways to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are loads of tutorials and free information that can teach you cost-effective ways to increase visitors to your site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many small businesses approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting a consistent stream of web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver targeted visitors to your site was to regularly publish quality content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites set up to benefit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In our Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation system that will deliver new visitors to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of our article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up in an economically sensible way
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your site will then do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can be used to create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when new content about this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the web content simply sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has recently been published to your website.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually promote their site and its content to continue bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides a number of features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically drive you more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish content and your website will do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external sites, all you have to do is publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start to measure and analyze your results and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)
Disclaimer: This site is not directly associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any WordPress products promoted on this site. We may derive an affiliate commission of financial benefit from the purchase of products and/or services advertised, reviewed or linked to this website. All images are the copyright of their respective owners and are being used only for illustrative or training purposes.
Have you found this tutorial useful? If so, please consider sharing this page with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress using the social links below.