WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a constant stream of visitors to prosper online.
Knowing how to attract visitors to your website is essential to building a successful business presence online. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by most web site owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Traffic To Their Websites?
Type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to my site for free”
- “how can I get more web traffic to my web site”
- “best 10 resources to bring more web traffic”
- “need to drive more traffic using free methods”
- “I need free web site visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with thousands of pages providing information about ways to help you increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your site. There are tons of products and free resources that can teach you how to bring more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems in place to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Website Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to deliver a stream of web traffic to your site was to regularly publish valuable content to your site.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites set up for this to happen … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover how to set up an automated traffic machine that can instantly begin to drive web traffic to your site, simply by publishing regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add new traffic strategies and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up sensibly
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and WordPress then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website or blog that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We provide a number of detailed blog posts on this site about why you should choose the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can create an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use some other web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the website content mostly sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually keep promoting your site and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides various features that allow you to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to drive your business more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also expert integration of your site with external services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party sites, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin measuring and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading about this topic, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business with a WordPress website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now