WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Discovering cost-effective strategies to generate more traffic to your website is one of the most important skills of running a business online successfully. Increasing traffic to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by most website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Getting More Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “increase web traffic to my web site for free”
- “how can I increase more web traffic to my website for free”
- “top 10 ways to bring more visitors”
- “learn how to increase web site visitors using social media”
- “I need more web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on different ways to drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to get more website visitors. This article series will help you set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of tutorials and free information that can teach you effective how to drive more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a winning traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Web Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to deliver targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In the Website Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation system that can help begin attracting targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to give you an overview of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things in a cost-effective way
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We provide a number of great articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help create an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the content files simply sit inside a server waiting to be found. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in cyberspace or notify any other site when new content has recently been added to your site.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly promote their site and its content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides special features that let site owners set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically drive you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and WordPress does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also begin to track and understand the traffic generated as a result and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using other traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum