WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a regular stream of web visitors to grow online.
Learning how to drive visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful business presence online. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every website owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “how to increase web traffic to your site for free”
- “how do I increase web traffic to my web site for free”
- “best 50 ways to attract traffic”
- “ideas to get web visitors using social media”
- “free website visitors”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information about different ways to increase your website visitors …
(There are many methods to get more website visitors. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are tons of tutorials and free resources that can show you how to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating web traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable method that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Get Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically drive new visitors to your site was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing this … and you can too!
In this article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic system that can begin driving an ongoing stream of web traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Increase Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up intelligently
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your site then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a website that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We provide a number of excellent articles on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know when new content about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are traditionally built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web content simply sits inside the server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has been published to the website.
Think about it … if in a static website, your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively continue promoting your site and your content to keep bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows you to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to start bringing your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to monitor and understand your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com