WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive article series designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Discovering effective ways of increasing visitors to your website is vital to running an online presence successfully. Driving visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by most business owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Driving More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to drive more web traffic to your web site”
- “how do I drive web traffic to my website”
- “best 10 places to attract more visitors”
- “learn how to bring more web traffic using ads”
- “need web traffic”
… and you will immediately find lists of pages offering you information about strategies to help get more traffic to your website …
(There are lots of strategies to increase web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are loads of products and free resources that can show you effective methods to get more traffic to your website.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many businesses approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money looking for a profitable strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to attract targeted visitors to your business was to regularly add content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the basic components in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can begin attracting new targeted traffic to your web site, simply by adding regular content to your site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Test new traffic methods
(Driving more web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up in a cost-effective way
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and your site does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with various services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We have published many great articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can instantly begin attracting targeted traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information on this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? Why can’t you use another platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built with platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the web site pages simply sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has recently been added to the site.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to keep promoting their website and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides a number of features that give you the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to bring your business new traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your site does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various third-party tools, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and understand your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to new traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To continue reading this article, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"These tutorials have so much information and are easy to understand. If you use WordPress or plan to in the future these will help you with everything you need to know." - Valisa (Mesa, Arizona)