- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning effective strategies to generate more traffic to your website is a requirement of running a successful digital presence. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Drive Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “get traffic to your website”
- “how do I attract traffic to my web site for free”
- “need to increase more web traffic”
- “cheapest ways to get more web visitors using Pinterest”
- “attract more people to your web site”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of information on methods to help drive more website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are thousands of products and free information that can teach you cost-effective strategies to bring more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have great systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy of getting targeted traffic.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems, website traffic generation can end up becoming a costly activity!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver web traffic to your site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites set up to benefit from the automated traffic system we’ve just described … and so can you!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic machine that can help drive web traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies
(Increasing web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your site will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can help create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your website content simply sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. On its own, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other site when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to actively promote their web presence and its content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides various features that give you the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start driving you new web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then start tracking and understanding incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group
Disclaimer: This site is not directly associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any products discussed on this site. We may receive an affiliate commission of financial benefit from the purchase of any third-party products or services advertised, promoted or linked from this site. All images and descriptions sourced from product websites remain the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge and are being used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Feel free to use the social buttons below and share this page with anyone thinking of starting their own business online.