- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to stay in business online.
Knowing how to attract visitors to your website is a requirement of building an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Bring More Traffic To Their Websites?
Type in any of the following searches into Google …
- “how to bring traffic to your web site”
- “how can I get web traffic to my website for free”
- “learn to get web site visitors”
- “need to drive more web visitors using videos”
- “bring more people to your website for free”
… and you will immediately find thousands of pages providing information on different ways to help you drive more visitors to your web site …
(There are many strategies to get more web traffic to your site. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are tons of tutorials and free information online that can show you effective strategies to get more traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic-getting method.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems, traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Website Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to drive new visitors to your business was to publish valuable content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing what we have described above … and you can too!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic system that will begin to drive targeted visitors to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start testing other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article is to help you understand how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and WordPress will then do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a web site that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of choosing the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can begin delivering an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s start by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why not use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your digital content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or notify any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your site and your content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides special features that give users the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to bring your business more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add new content and your website then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with external services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can begin measuring and analyzing your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
Want To Get Automatically Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum
Disclaimer: This site is not directly associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any products promoted on this site. We may derive an affiliate commission from the sale of any products and/or services mentioned on our site. All images and information sourced from product websites are the copyright of their respective owners and are used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Have you found this tutorial useful? Please feel free to use the share buttons below to share this post with other online users.