WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles and tutorials designed to help site owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to prosper online.
Finding new ways to generate more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a business online successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “increase more visitors to my site”
- “how can I increase visitors to my web site”
- “best 100 resources to drive visitors”
- “ways to bring traffic using ads”
- “need more web visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with tons of pages containing information on different ways to increase your website visitors …
(There are lots of strategies to increase web traffic to your site. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are tons of courses and free sites that can show you effective ways to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a winning strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can become very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Get More Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to drive targeted visitors to your site was to publish great content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already profiting with this automated traffic system … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to set up an automated traffic machine that can instantly begin driving a stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(To generate sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and your site then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a web site that is not only built on the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We provide a number of excellent blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered websites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog will help begin delivering targeted traffic to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when a new article is published).
Let’s begin by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your website pages simply sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been published in your website.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly promote your website and your content to continue driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides many features that let site owners set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and WordPress then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically generate your business new traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your site with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external sites, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-focused strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can begin to track and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group