WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Finding effective ways to increase visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of growing a successful presence online. Lack of online traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to attract visitors to your web site for free”
- “how do I bring more traffic to my website”
- “top 5 ways to bring web traffic”
- “learn how to attract traffic using paid advertising”
- “need web visitors”
… and you will find loads of tips, tricks, and information about ways to help you increase traffic to your site …
(There are loads of ways to get more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are tons of tutorials and free sites that can show you cost-effective how to get more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to grow web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your website.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a winning strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly drive targeted visitors to your site was to regularly publish content to your web site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation system that will begin driving new visitors to your site, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Test new traffic methods
(Driving web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your site then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a website or blog that is not only built with the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We provide a number of detailed articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help create an automated traffic generation system requires several article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed when we publish new content about this topic).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web site pages simply sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to actively promote their website and its content to keep bringing in web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides a number of features that allow users to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your site then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically generate your business new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post content and WordPress will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-based strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then start monitoring and analyzing your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading this article, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing methods that are easy to implement.
Subscribe To This Site And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya