WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs a regular stream of traffic to grow online.
Learning how to drive new visitors to your website is a requirement of running a successful presence online. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Getting Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to increase web traffic to your site for free”
- “how do I drive more traffic to my website for free”
- “ways to attract more traffic”
- “ways to get more traffic using social media”
- “get more web traffic to your web site for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with an overwhelming number of sites with information about different methods to help increase your website visitors …
(There are many ways to get more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information online that can teach you how to increase visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI method to bring targeted traffic.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting the right systems, online traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Increasing web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive More Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where all you had to do to deliver web traffic to your site was to publish content on a regular basis.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently already enjoying the benefits of this automated traffic system … and you can too!
In our Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation machine that will attract targeted visitors to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic methods
(Getting a regular stream of web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, third-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to create an automated traffic generation system requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new information about this topic gets published).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web content typically sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your website and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform comes with default functionality that lets you set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start generating your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add new content and your website will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with external tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site has been configured and integrated with various third-party sites, you simply begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin monitoring and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click here:
WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint Part Two – Learn How To Automatically Grow Your Website Visitors For Your Business Using WordPress
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing strategies that are easy and quick to implement.
Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com