- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to grow online.
Knowing how to increase visitors to your website is vital to running a business online successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Get Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “drive more traffic to your site”
- “how do I attract traffic to my web site”
- “top 10 places to drive traffic”
- “ways to attract visitors using Reddit”
- “need web site visitors”
… and you will find loads of information on methods to increase your website visitors …
(There are many methods to get more web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are tons of tutorials and free information online that can show you effective how to bring more traffic to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will eliminate this problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable strategy to drive targeted website visitors.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a website where all you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your website was to regularly add valuable content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy or fiction … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are profiting with what we have described above … and you can too!
In our article series, we explain the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin delivering a stream of targeted visitors to your website, simply by adding new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online and putting proper systems in place)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling things when required
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and your website then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An expertly configured WordPress site is a site that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about the benefits and advantages of choosing the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog will begin attracting an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the content simply sits inside the server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other website that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively continue promoting your web presence and your content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides several features that let users set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically generate you more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and WordPress then does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to track and understand incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group
Disclaimer: This site is not associated with WordPress or any of the WordPress-related products written about on this website. We may receive affiliate commissions from sales of any third-party services and/or products mentioned on this site. All product images remain the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use to the best of our knowledge and are used solely for training and illustrative purposes.
Have you found this article useful? If so, please take a moment to use the links below and share this post with other WordPress users.