- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Knowing how to drive traffic to your website is a requirement of growing a business online successfully. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by most web site owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring Traffic To Their Websites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched phrases below into Google …
- “drive visitors to your web site”
- “get more traffic to my web site”
- “best 10 ways to attract website visitors”
- “ideas to get website visitors using solo ads”
- “bring more people to my web site for free”
… and you will be immediately presented with lists of pages offering you tips, tricks, and information about different strategies to help you get more website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to get more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your website. There are thousands of courses and free information online that can teach you strategies to drive more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your time and money searching for a positive ROI method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems, online traffic generation can be very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract new visitors to your site was to regularly add content to your web site.
This is not science fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the basic components set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that will begin to attract targeted traffic to your web site, simply by publishing new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of our article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish new content and your site will do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website or blog that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why not use another web platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web pages just sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other website that new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly keep on promoting their web presence and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows you to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish content and your site will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start generating you more web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your site will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your WordPress site with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your site with various external sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and analyze incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Want To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe To Our Site!
"I was absolutely amazed at the scope and breadth of these tutorials! The most in-depth training I have ever received on any subject!" - Myke O'Neill, DailyGreenPost.com
Disclaimer: We have no association with WordPress or any of the WordPress products written about on this website. We may receive affiliate commissions from purchases of third-party products advertised on this site. All images and descriptions sourced from product websites remain the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use are being used solely for training and illustrative purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, please consider using the social links below to share this page with others who could benefit from learning about WordPress.