WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Traffic is the lifeblood of just about every business online.
Discovering cost-effective ways to increase traffic to your website is a requirement of growing a successful digital presence. Increasing visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “how to drive visitors to my web site for free”
- “attract traffic to my website for free”
- “top 5 places to bring more traffic”
- “fastest ways to increase visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “get visitors to my web site”
… and you will immediately find loads of information on different strategies to drive more visitors to your site …
(There are loads of ways to drive more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are loads of products and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective ways to drive more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your website to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how most small businesses approach the process of generating website traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you already have systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, online traffic generation can be very costly!)
Driving web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver new visitors to your web site was to regularly publish content to your website or blog.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover what is required to set up an automated traffic machine that can instantly begin attracting web traffic to your site, simply by adding new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add other traffic methods
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up in a cost-effective way
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can drive web traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we highly recommend that you spend some time reading our content and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new content on this topic is published).
Let’s start by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use some other web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the web pages just sit inside the server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with default functionality that allows site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to start generating your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site has been configured and integrated with various external tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can start measuring and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Notified When New Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group