WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles and tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic organically with a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of just about every single business online.
Knowing how to generate more traffic to your website is vital to running a successful business online. Driving visitors to a web site is also one of the biggest challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Driving Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “drive more visitors to your web site for free”
- “how can I drive more visitors to my web site for free”
- “how to bring web site traffic”
- “need to drive more web visitors using YouTube”
- “need web site traffic”
… and you will immediately find lists of pages that contain tips, tricks, and information about different methods to help you drive more visitors to your site …
(There are many strategies to drive more website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to benefit from all these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your website. There are loads of products and free resources that can show you ways to get more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many small businesses typically approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of time and money looking for a profitable method of driving targeted web traffic.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up being a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Website Visitors?
Imagine owning a website where all you had to do to automatically deliver targeted traffic to your site was to regularly publish great content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic machine that can instantly begin driving a stream of new targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Help Bring Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add other traffic strategies
(Getting web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of our article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up sensibly
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and WordPress does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website or blog that is not only built using WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We provide a number of great blog posts on this site about why you should use WordPress-driven websites WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site will help deliver new visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when new content on this topic gets published).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your website pages simply sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to keep promoting their web presence and its content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that lets you set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress functionality with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external sites, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start tracking and understanding incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To continue reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively using a WordPress-driven website and proven marketing methods that are easy and quick to implement.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com