WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-powered website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every single business needs traffic to survive online.
Learning how to increase visitors to your website is vital to growing a successful web presence. Increasing visitors to a web site is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost all website owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type in any of the key phrases below into Google …
- “how to attract more web traffic to your site”
- “how do I get web traffic to my website”
- “need to bring more traffic”
- “need to increase traffic using banner ads”
- “need more web site traffic”
… and you will immediately find an overwhelming number of sites that contain tips, tricks, and information on methods to help you get more visitors to your site …
(There are many methods to get more website visitors. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free sites online that can teach you cost-effective methods to drive more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more about businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many small businesses typically approach the process of generating web traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is fine if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and proper systems in place, web traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically attract targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish quality content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are enjoying the benefits of what we’ve just described … and so can you!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic machine that can help begin to deliver web traffic to your business, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add new traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up cost-effectively
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish content and WordPress then does the rest!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Web Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can help create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish new information about this topic).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? Why not use another platform?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are traditionally built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the digital content simply sits inside the server waiting to be found. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other website that new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to actively continue promoting their web presence and its content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with powerful built-in functionality that lets users set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to generate your business new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and WordPress does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your built-in WordPress features with third-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party tools, you simply begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start to track and analyze incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya