- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically using a WordPress website and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to survive online.
Knowing how to generate traffic to your website is vital to building a business online successfully. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the biggest challenges faced by many website owners.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Driving More Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “attract more visitors to your web site for free”
- “drive more visitors to my website”
- “top 10 resources to increase more web site traffic”
- “need to get more web traffic using banner ads”
- “drive more clients to your web site for free”
… and you will immediately find lists of sites offering you tips, tricks, and information on ways to get more traffic to your web site …
(There are many strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your website. There are loads of courses and free resources online that can teach you how to bring more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how many small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many businesses take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have the systems set up to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, online traffic generation can be very costly!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Drive More Website Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a website where the only thing you had to do to instantly drive web traffic to your web site was to regularly publish valuable content to your website or blog.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place to benefit from the automated traffic system we’ve just described … and so can you!
In the WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover what it takes to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will begin delivering a stream of targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Test other traffic methods
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up when required
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and your website then does the rest, informing the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We provide a number of excellent blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can instantly attract targeted visitors to your business requires a number of articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the website content simply sits inside the server waiting to be found. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to constantly keep on promoting their site and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that allows site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will then do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to start bringing you more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and your website will do the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also expert integration of your built-in WordPress features with external services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, you simply begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Want To Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group
Disclaimer: This site is not directly associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any of the products discussed on this website. We may derive an affiliate commission of financial benefit from sales of any third-party services and/or products mentioned on our site. All images and descriptions sourced from product websites remain the copyright of their respective owners and are used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you find this tutorial useful? Please use the links below to share this information with others.