- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles and tutorials aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and easy to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Just about every business needs a regular stream of new web traffic to survive online.
Finding effective methods to generate more visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of running an online presence successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Attracting More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the phrases below in Google …
- “get more traffic to my web site for free”
- “drive visitors to my website”
- “ways to bring visitors”
- “cheapest way to bring more web traffic using SEO”
- “bring more buyers to my website”
… and you will be presented with tons of pages providing tips, tricks, and information about strategies to help you drive more traffic to your web site …
(There are lots of strategies to increase web traffic to your site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are tons of products and free resources that can show you effective strategies to get more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of valuable time and money looking for a winning method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating More Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted visitors to your web site was to regularly add valuable content to your website.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the elements set up for this to happen … and you can too!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin driving an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your business, simply by adding content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up only when it makes sense to do this
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a website or blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can begin driving web traffic to your business requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your website pages just sit inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually be promoting your web presence and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with default functionality that gives you the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add new content and your site does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically generate your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of your automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and analyzing the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To continue reading this article, click here:
This article is part of an tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now
Disclaimer: This site has no association with WordPress or any WordPress products discussed on this site. We may derive financial benefits or affiliate commissions from the purchase of any third-party products and services advertised on our website. All images are the copyright of their respective owners, comply with all license terms and agreements of use are used solely for training and illustrative purposes.
Was this tutorial useful? Feel free to share this page with other WordPress users using the social buttons below.