WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of tutorials designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Finding new ways to get visitors to your website is a requirement of growing a successful web presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Get More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “how to bring more web traffic to your website”
- “how do I get more web traffic to my website”
- “easiest ways to get more visitors”
- “learn how to increase visitors using videos”
- “attract targeted buyers to your website for free”
… and you will be presented with tons of sites providing tips, tricks, and information about different ways to help you increase visitors to your web site …
(There are loads of ways to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are loads of courses and free information online that can show you cost-effective how to get more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most businesses approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your site.
As you will discover in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI strategy that can consistently deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Growing Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly attract new visitors to your business was to regularly add content to your website.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are already doing what we have just described … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn what it takes to set up an automated traffic generation system that will begin driving web traffic to your web site, simply by adding new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article series is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply add new content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about why you should choose WordPress-powered websites WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can help create an automated traffic system requires a number of articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever a new article is published).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that your web files mostly sit inside your server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other site when new content has been added to your site.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively continue promoting your site and your content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows users to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to start generating you more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish content and your website then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, you simply begin to publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin measuring and understanding incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part 1
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum