Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Finding cost-effective methods of getting visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building an online presence successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
This tutorial is part of a series of tutorials designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
- 0.1 Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
- 0.2 Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Traffic?
- 1 How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting More Visitors To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “get more web traffic to your web site”
- “drive traffic to my web site”
- “ideas to increase web traffic”
- “ways to get web traffic using ads”
- “get more prospects to your web site for free”
… and you will find tons of pages providing tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help increase your website visitors …
(There are many strategies to drive more web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free resources that can show you effective strategies to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are many ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how most small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how many website owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you build a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will discover in a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
Outsourcing is great if you already have systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your time and money searching for a profitable method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Driving More Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your business was to publish valuable content consistently.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can begin driving targeted traffic to your business, simply by adding regular content to your web site.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Drive Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Test other traffic strategies
(Driving more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling up in an economic and sensible way
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a website or blog that is not only built with WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, external site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can help create an automated traffic system requires several article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are traditionally built with platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the website content simply sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the platform; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or notify any other site when new content has been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to constantly promote their website and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides a number of features that allow site owners to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start bringing your business new website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply add new content and WordPress does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an integration of your site with external services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to track and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when using other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading about this topic, click here:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business using a WordPress-powered website and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"This is AMAZING! I had learnt about how to use WordPress previously, but this covers absolutely everything and more!! Incredible value! Thank you!" - Monique, Warrior Forum
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been reviewed, certified, or tested by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, linked to, or advertised on this site.
Have you found this post useful? Feel free to share this post with anyone thinking of starting a business online using the social buttons below.