WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online cost-effectively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need a regular stream of web visitors to prosper online.
Learning how to attract visitors to your website is one of the most important skills of growing a successful digital presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to get more web traffic to your web site for free”
- “how can I drive more visitors to my website”
- “ideas to increase web traffic”
- “ideas to attract more web site visitors using banner ads”
- “need more web visitors”
… and you will find loads of information on different methods to increase traffic to your site …
(There are loads of strategies to drive more web traffic to your website. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your web site. There are thousands of tutorials and free sites online that can show you cost-effective strategies to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many web site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting continuous web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional methods, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Grow Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your website was to regularly publish valuable content to your site.
This is not fantasy or science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In this article series, you will discover how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can instantly attract targeted traffic to your site, simply by adding content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add new traffic strategies and test
(Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves laying a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of our article series is to give you an overview of a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling up sensibly
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation methods, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and WordPress then does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and the way it integrates with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We have published many excellent articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can be used to create an automated traffic generation system requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish new content on this topic).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built using platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside the platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the site owner has to constantly promote their site and its content to maintain new web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress platform provides several features that allow you to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to start generating you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of your automated online traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your site with third-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various third-party sites, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to monitor and analyze incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To continue reading, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively and drive traffic organically with a WordPress website and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com