WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of comprehensive tutorials designed to help small business owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Knowing how to bring new visitors to your website is one of the fundamental skills of running a business online successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Getting More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type in any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “drive more traffic to your site”
- “how do I bring more web traffic to my website”
- “top 25 places to increase website traffic”
- “need to bring more web site visitors using paid ads”
- “drive more web traffic to my web site”
… and you will find thousands of pages that contain tips, tricks, and information on methods to help you get more website visitors …
(There are loads of ways to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to benefit from most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your website. There are thousands of tutorials and free sites that can teach you effective strategies to bring more traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing enough time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach many small businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to the site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a profitable method.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, web traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, implementing proper systems, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different marketing and promotional strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver web traffic to your web site was to regularly add content to your web site.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In our Website Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can help begin attracting new visitors to your site, simply by publishing new content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Add new traffic methods and test
(Getting more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things cost-effectively
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only built using the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it integrates with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, external site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven websites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can help create an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new content about this topic is published).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that the website content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be found. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anybody in the cybersphere or notify any other site that new content has recently been published to the site.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides several features that allow site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to bring you more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply post new content and your website will then do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also the integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can start tracking and understanding the traffic generated as a result and start gathering valuable information that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To continue reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I was absolutely amazed at the scope and breadth of these tutorials! The most in-depth training I have ever received on any subject!" - Myke O'Neill, DailyGreenPost.com