- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively and drive traffic automatically with a WordPress website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Almost every business needs traffic to prosper online.
Discovering cost-effective strategies to drive more traffic to your website is essential to growing an online presence successfully. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Drive More Visitors To Their Websites?
Type any of the searches below into Google …
- “how to attract more traffic to your site”
- “how do I increase visitors to my website”
- “learn to get more traffic”
- “cheapest way to drive more visitors using email”
- “need more website traffic”
… and you will immediately find tons of pages with information on strategies to increase traffic to your website …
(There are lots of strategies to increase your website visitors. This article series is designed to help you set up a simple system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your website. There are thousands of products and free resources that can show you how to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to the site.
As you will see in a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a profitable method.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, web traffic generation can end up becoming a costly waste of time and money!)
Getting web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your business was to regularly publish content to your website or blog.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are profiting with what we’ve described above … and you can too!
In this article series, we will show you how to set up an automated traffic generation machine that will drive an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The purpose of our article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help you:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An expertly configured WordPress web site is a site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site syndication, and analytics.
Why Do I Need An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can instantly begin driving new visitors to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use another web platform?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many web sites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content mostly sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website that new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the website owner has to actively continue promoting their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides many features that allow you to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is post content and your site does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your new content to automatically bring you more website visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish new content and your website will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with 3rd-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various external sites, you then begin publishing new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media sites and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and analyzing incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Part One
To continue reading, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing methods.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now
Disclaimer: We have no direct association with WordPress, Automattic, or any products reviewed on this website. We may receive financial benefits from sales of any third-party services or products mentioned on this site. All images and details sourced from product websites remain the copyright of their respective owners and have been used solely for training and illustrative purposes.
Did you enjoy this article? Feel free to share this information using the social links below.