Just about every single business needs traffic to grow online.
Knowing how to drive visitors to your website is essential to building a business online successfully. Increasing visitors to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
This article is part of an article series designed to help you learn how to grow your business with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
- 0.1 Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Visitors To Their Web Sites?
- 0.2 Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Website Traffic?
- 1 How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Have Difficulty Getting Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the commonly-searched key phrases below into Google …
- “get more visitors to my site”
- “how do I drive more visitors to my website for free”
- “best 10 resources to get website traffic”
- “best ways to drive web traffic using LinkedIn”
- “need web site traffic”
… and you will be presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different ways to get more traffic to your web site …
(There are lots of ways to increase your website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are loads of products and free information online that can teach you cost-effective ways to get more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to grow traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI method.
(Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can become a costly waste of time and money!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Getting More Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your web site was to regularly add valuable content to your site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing this … and so can you!
In this article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic system that can begin driving a stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by adding content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for creating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive visitors and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies and test
(To get sustainable web traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step One. The aim of our article is to provide an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting simple and scaling things cost-effectively
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post content and your website does the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website is a site that is not only built using the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Website?
We have published many excellent blog posts on this site about using the WordPress platform to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help drive new targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed when we publish a new article).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many sites are built using platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your web files mostly sit inside your server waiting to be found. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or inform any other website when new content has been published.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to constantly keep on promoting your website and your content to keep bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software comes with default functionality that gives users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will then do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start generating your business more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just post content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also integrating your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your site settings have been configured and integrated with various external tools, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to monitor and understand incoming traffic and gather valuable information that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading about this topic, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online using a WordPress website and proven online marketing methods.
Want To Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now
Disclaimer: This site is not associated with WordPress, Automattic, or any of the WordPress-related products mentioned on this website. We may receive affiliate commissions from purchases of third-party products advertised on our site. All product images remain the copyright of their respective owners and are being used solely for illustrative or training purposes.
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Feel free to use the share buttons below to share this page with other online users.