- WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
- WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
- How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a comprehensive article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively and drive traffic sustainably with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven marketing strategies that are easy to use and quick to implement.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Most businesses need traffic to prosper online.
Learning how to drive new traffic to your website is a requirement of growing a business online successfully. Driving traffic to a website is also one of the most difficult challenges faced by almost every business owner.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Bringing Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “drive traffic to your web site”
- “get more traffic to my website”
- “top 50 resources to increase more traffic”
- “ways to attract traffic using Reddit”
- “I need web visitors”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information about different strategies to help increase traffic to your website …
(There are loads of strategies to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series is designed to help you set up a system to take advantage of many of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your web site. There are loads of products and free resources online that can teach you how to bring more visitors to your website.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your web presence to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the approach most businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to your website.
As you will see in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns. If not, all you will probably do is end up wasting a lot of your time and money looking for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different strategies, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver an ongoing stream of web traffic to your website was to regularly publish content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the requirements set up for this to happen … and so can you!
In the Website Traffic Blueprint article series, we will show you how to create an automated traffic machine that will begin attracting an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic methods and test
(Driving continuous web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The aim of our article is to explain the process of setting up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things to suit your budget
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish new content and WordPress does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only powered by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We have published many excellent blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website can be used to set up an automated traffic generation system requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing some basic questions:
Why does it have to be WordPress? Why not use some other web platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built on platforms that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your web content just sits inside a server waiting to be discovered. On its own, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its platform; it doesn’t broadcast to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to keep promoting your website and your content to continue driving web traffic.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides special features that let you set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and WordPress does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically start generating your business more website traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply post new content and your website then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we go over the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your built-in WordPress features with external tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your website with various external services, all you have to do is publish new content regularly and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content-based strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin monitoring and analyzing incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using different traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"Wow! I never knew there's so much to learn about WordPress! I bought one of the WordPress for Dummies three years ago, such authors need to be on this course!" - Rich Law, Create A Blog Now
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site is not affiliated with nor sponsored by Automattic, Inc. or the WordPress Open Source project. This site and the products and services offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, sponsored, or endorsed by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked from this site.
Did you find this post useful? If so, please use the social buttons below and share this page with anyone thinking of starting or growing a business online.