WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This tutorial is part of a series of comprehensive articles aimed at helping small business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively with a WordPress website and proven online marketing strategies.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of almost every business online.
Learning how to attract traffic to your website is vital to building a successful business presence online. Getting visitors to a website is also one of the greatest challenges faced by many business owners.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Bring Traffic To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the information below in Google …
- “drive traffic to my web site”
- “how can I bring web traffic to my website”
- “best 50 ways to increase more web visitors”
- “learn how to attract more traffic using social media”
- “I need more free web visitors”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information on different strategies to help you drive more website visitors …
(There are many ways to drive more web traffic to your web site. This article series will help you set up a simple system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are loads of tutorials and free sites that can teach you strategies to drive more visitors to your web site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most web site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the approach many businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have the systems set up to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money searching for a profitable method that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems in place, traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!)
Getting continuous web traffic sustainably requires setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, etc.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Get More Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to instantly deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your site was to regularly add great content to your site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners already have some or all of the elements in place to profit from the automated traffic system described above … and you can too!
In the Web Traffic Blueprint article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic generation machine that will begin driving an ongoing stream of new visitors to your site, simply by adding new content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable traffic, you need to first put in the right systems)
At this stage, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article series is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Gain valuable insights about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just publish new content and WordPress then does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress blog is a web site that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and how it can be integrated with various sites, specifically in areas like SEO, third-party site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can help create an automated traffic generation system requires a number of article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? Why can’t you just use some other platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built using applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that your website pages mostly sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anyone in cyberspace or announce to any other site that new content has recently been added.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to actively keep promoting your site and your content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides various features that give site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress will then do the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and WordPress will do the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also an integration of your WordPress site with 3rd-party services and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party services, you then begin publishing new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to more visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can also start measuring and understanding your results and gather valuable information that will allow you to make better decisions as you expand to new traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section 1
To keep reading this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of an tutorial series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online cost-effectively using a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Would You Like To Get Automatically Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Are Published? Then Subscribe Using The Form Below!
"If you're new to WordPress, this can stand on its own as a training course and will stay with you as you progress from beginner to advanced and even guru status." - Bruce (Columbus, Ohio)