WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of an article series aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Knowing how to drive more visitors to your website is essential to building an online presence successfully. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive More Visitors To Their Websites?
Search for any of the following information in Google …
- “how to increase web traffic to my web site”
- “attract more traffic to my web site for free”
- “ideas to increase more visitors”
- “need to attract more web site visitors using free methods”
- “I need free web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information about different strategies to get more traffic to your site …
(There are loads of methods to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your site. There are thousands of tutorials and free information that can show you strategies to bring more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how most businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most site owners approach the challenge of generating web traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of valuable time and money searching for a profitable method to attract more website traffic.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, website traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign elements, experimenting with different strategies, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Web Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver a stream of new visitors to your website was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners already have some or all of the prerequisites in place for this to happen … and you can too!
In our article series, we explain what it takes to set up an automated traffic generation system that will help begin attracting an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing new content on a consistent basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Test other traffic strategies
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this point, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The purpose of this article is to explain how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a very simple setup and scaling up only when it makes sense to do so
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post content and WordPress will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is different than a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress web site is a blog that is not only driven by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-powered web sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can begin delivering an ongoing stream of targeted traffic to your business requires several article installments, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to our site (this way, we can let you know whenever we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
Why use WordPress to set up an automated traffic generation system? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the picture below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built with applications that create websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, this means that your web files just sit inside your server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has recently been published in your site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to continually promote their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows site owners to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and your site then does the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start driving your business new web site visitors …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just publish new content and your website will do the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party tools and other web properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your site settings and integrating your website with various third-party sites, you then begin to publish new content on a consistent basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new targeted visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can then begin tracking and analyzing your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make more intelligent and cost-effective decisions when expanding to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online inexpensively with a WordPress website or blog and proven online marketing strategies.
Subscribe To Our Site And Get Notified When New Tutorials Get Published!
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya