The ability to track visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The business management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, then how would you get better results online?
Businesses have been looking for ways to track and analyze what users are up to in their internet sites since web sites were first created. From simple counters that track the number of visitors, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics that can capture very detailed data.
Analyzing visitor behavior is important for the success of your digital marketing strategy, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behavior. It’s a more reliable predictor in fact, than demographics.
While the ability to understand key details like the number of web users are landing on your site, what pages they are coming and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, page views, referring web sites, etc …, is vitally essential, wouldn’t it be excellent to be able to track exactly what users are doing, where they are navigating through, what hyperlinks they are clicking on, what parts of the content visitors are pausing to read more about, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to monitor areas in a web page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often used alongside other forms of web analytics and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and session replays to your collection of key website analysis tools using an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress and that lets you visually track your web site visitors’ every movement and generates live heatmaps showing where users are clicking and where they scroll on your site content.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool also lets you look over the shoulders of everyone who visits your site.
For more details, visit the script site here: Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your visitors are interacting with your site, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that prevent your readers from fully engaging with your site, like unclear site navigation elements, or distracting design elements. As the site owner, you can encourage your users to complete certain actions, such as joining a newsletter or click on specific links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of which links on a page are being clicked, a heatmap will also display any clicks that users are making on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report reveals that users are clicking on an image that they think is a link, but is actually not a link, you can easily remedy this by linking the image to the page your users are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is just a graphic.
In short, heat maps are one of the most useful methods to test your site design, assess how navigatable your content is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behavior on your website:
Observe Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
Heat Map Tracker creates a screen video of every browsing session on your website, allowing you to observe all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Complete Control Without Restrictions
The application is self-hosted, giving you unlimited recordings and pageviews.
Free Updates & Enhancements
There is a one-time cost to buy the script, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script upgrades and future enhancements for life.
Additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker script include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web pages, you can identify obstacles preventing users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- Stop Guessing User Behaviour: The video playbacks of your visitors’ sessions let you see exactly what is taking place on your website. Heatmaps let you see exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay on a specific spot, how quickly they navigate down your content and more! No more guessing or hoping … just real information of what takes place when visitors come to your website.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMap Tracker lets you increase user engagement with your site, which increases your sales and conversions. There are many ways to do this and we’ll go over several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMap Tracker offers many great features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time reading and observe how far down your product pages your users read down to as a measure of how long your content can engage them for. HeatMapTracker lets you study each and every visitor action to see how users interact with your site or some pages on your web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your site’s ability to convert or engage users? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on visitor sessions on your site for a day, a couple of weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total sessions the heatmap analytics software has recorded for each project. You can quickly see which pages your users are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on pages that your visitors are more interested in. You can also view regional location data of your visitors and learn where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker stacks up against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are a few of the testimonials and feedback that customers have provided for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Discover what’s working (i.e. where people are clicking) and what’s not working (where visitors aren’t clicking). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements assuming that these may be linking to somewhere else?
- Get insights on ways to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, shopping cart, screen resolution, etc.
- Get ideas on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get insights prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Create “above the fold” experimentation to improve your home page’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of your website’s real estate elements on your readers, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify if a section of your content could be inserted, modified, or removed.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for web services.
- Test if visitors prefer to click on images versus buttons versus text links, and how specific user segments engage within your site.
- Troubleshoot confirmed website security exploits or vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing reliable product quality and support. The product download area contains video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in three versions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to install on 1 site. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Installs on up to 10 sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- White-Label Branding) License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic & Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, session replays, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited sites, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for digital marketing service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: Pricing details of this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the software is being retailed for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin developer when you visit the plugin website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker software website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can give you some good information on things such as how many people are arriving on your site, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your site and its content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be a very practical way to do so.
We recommend buying a copy of HeatMapTracker for real-time heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking & conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, visitor engagement and to get more web sales.
For full details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Live ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker