The ability to track visitor behavior is most important to the success of your digital business.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your website, how would you know what areas need improving?
Website users have been looking for accurate ways to track and understand visitor behaviour since websites first appeared. From basic tracking counters, to very sophisticated and powerful analytical tools like Google Analytics that can track an incredible level of key information.
Analyzing visitor behaviour is very important for the success of your online business marketing strategy, not only because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but testing also shows that previous consumer behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even more more reliable indicator in fact, than knowing consumer demographics.
While the ability to see key details like how many web visitors are exploring your web site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your website for, what keywords are being searched for, average page views, referring pages, and so on, is highly important, wouldn’t it be excellent to be able to track exactly what users are clicking on, where they are staying the longest time on, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of the site they are pausing on, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map technology makes this easy and possible. Web heat maps have been used to help pinpoint areas in a web site page most frequently scanned by visitors. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site, then you can easily add heatmap tracking with video session replays to your arsenal of key site analysis tools using a simple to use and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
Heat Map Tracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software that works with WordPress (and other CMS applications) and that visually records your website users’ entire session and creates live heat maps showing where they are clicking and where they scroll throughout your web site.
HeatMapTracker application lets you see your website from your visitor’s perspective.
To learn more about this software go here: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your visitors engage with your content, the more you can improve your site’s user experience. Imagine knowing the exact obstacles that have been preventing your site visitors from fully engaging with your website, like unclear site navigation elements, or disruptive adverts. As a website owner, you can help your visitors to complete certain actions, such as opting into your newsletter or click on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has an overlay feature which can give you an idea of what links on your page users are clicking, a heat map can display any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that readers are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you could easily change this by adding a link to the image, or let your readers know that the image is not a link.
In short, heat maps are one of the best ways to test your site design, measure how readable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to track user behavior on your website:
See Everything Users Do On Your Website
HeatMapTracker captures every browsing session on your web site, allowing you to see all clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control Without Limitations
The script allows you to self-host the technology, giving you unrestricted user recordings and pageviews.
Unlimited Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-time investment to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited script upgrades and added features for free.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they use your web pages, you can spot issues preventing visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The screen video playbacks of your visitors’ browser sessions reveal precisely what happens on your site. Overlays let you know exactly which elements visitors click on, which areas they are drawn to most on your website, how long they choose to stay in a particular spot, how fast they navigate down your pages and more! No more guesses or hoping … just factual information of what happens when users land on your web site.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you improve visitor engagement with your business, which increases online sales and conversion rates. There are many ways to achieve this and we list several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMap Tracker offers many unique features for website owners. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether visitors are clicking your site’s links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors spend more time on and measure how far down the page your visitors scroll down to as an average of how long your content can keep them interested. HeatMapTracker lets you study every single user experience to help you understand how they interact with your site or some pages on the web site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your site for 1 day, a few weeks, one month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to see total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded user sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly see which pages your visitors are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your users care about. You can also monitor regional demographics of your visitors and see where they are coming from.
Additional software features:
The table below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials and feedback customers have submitted regarding HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your results:
- Learn what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where people are not going to). For example, are users watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that they are links to somewhere else?
- Get practical information on how to improve your landing pages, signup forms, shopping cart, navigation, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful information prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Perform “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the site’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify whether any new content needs to be inserted, redesigned, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” case studies for digital marketing services.
- Test if users tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact within your web site.
- Investigate suspected website security threats and vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a highly recognized online marketer with a solid reputation for providing robust products and product support. The members area contains video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Licensed for one domain. Cost = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional License – Installs on up to 10 websites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- White Label License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, browser session recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on unlimited sites, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: The price of the product can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was correct at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the current price:
Additional Software Info
For a video of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMapTracker website.
Analytics services such as Google Analytics can provide good metrics on things such as how many people are arriving on your pages, how they find it and what they do during their visits. However, to truly gain a real-time understanding into how your web site and its content is helping your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics software tool can be extremely practical.
We recommend getting a copy of HeatMapTracker if you want live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior tracking and conversion optimization to help improve your website’s user-experience, visitor engagement and for increasing your sales.
For complete details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And HeatMap Tracker
Disclaimer: WordPress and its related trademarks are registered trademarks of Automattic, Inc. This site and the services and products offered on this site are not affiliated, associated, endorsed, or sponsored by WordPress, nor have they been certified, tested, or reviewed by WordPress. The owner, contributors and/or advertisers may derive financial benefit from sales of items reviewed, advertised, or linked from this site.
Did you find this article useful? Feel free to use the links below and share this article with others.