The ability to understand the behavior of visitors on your site is extremely important to the success of your business online.
The saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as true in the digital age as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how can you improve your online results?
Business owners have been looking for ways to track and analyze visitor behaviour since websites were first introduced. From simple counters that track how many people have viewed your site, to powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics that can provide very detailed key measurements.
Tracking visitor behavior is vitally important for the success of your website, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but testing also confirms that past user behavior is the most reliable predictor of future behaviour. It’s an even better predictor, in fact, than demographics.
While the ability to view statistical metrics such as how many unique web users are visiting your site, what pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are remaining on your site for, what keywords are being searched for, unique page views, referring websites, and so on, is extremely essential, wouldn’t it also be great to be able to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are navigating around in, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your page visitors are mostly interested in, and so on?
Fortunately, heatmap tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Website heatmaps have been used to help locate areas in a website page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software technologies.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking and session replays to your arsenal of essential web site analysis tools using an easy-to-install and quite inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMapTracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software program that is compatible with WordPress and that visually tracks your website visitors’ movements and creates instant heatmaps showing where users click and where they scroll throughout your site.
The HeatMapTracker analytics tool also allows you to capture every action your visitors make.
Go here to learn more: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using Heat Map Tracker
The better you know how your users interact with your content, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your readers from fully accessing your site, like unclear site navigation layouts, or distracting banner ads. As the website owner, you can encourage your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as signing up to your newsletter or clicking on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can give you an idea of what links on a web page are being clicked, a heat map will show you any clicks that visitors are making on your site, whether they are links or not. This is important because if a heatmap report helps you discover that users are clicking on an image that they suppose to be a link, but happens to not be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly remedy this by linking the image to the destination URL your readers are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is not linked.
Heatmaps, therefore, can be one of the best ways to test your site design, assess how navigatable your site is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMapTracker to monitor visitor behavior on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Website
HeatMap Tracker lets you record every browsing movement on your site, allowing you to view all clicks, eye-tracking and page scrolling movement.
Complete Control With No Limitations
The software is self-hosted, giving you unlimited session recording and playbacks.
Unlimited Upgrades & Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited application updates and added features for life.
Some additional benefits of the script include:
- Improve Your Marketing: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your web site, you can uncover obstacles that prevent users from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and reach your site benchmarks.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behaviour: The video recordings of your users’ browsing sessions allow you to observe precisely what is taking place on your web site. Overlays let you know exactly which buttons and links visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they hover on a particular area, how fast they travel down your pages and more! No more guesses or assuming wrongly … just pure information of what goes on when people land on your site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker helps you increase visitor interaction with your business, which increases your online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we present a number of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker offers many great features for WordPress users. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and simple to install and implement. Ready to go in no time.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your pages visitors spend more time view and measure how far down the page your users read down to as an indicator of how long your content can engage them for. The software lets you study each and every user experience to see how users interact with your site or specific pages on the web site.
- Unlimited session recording and session playbacks. Do you need to provide summary reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on user sessions on your pages for a few days, a week or two, 1 month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker provides in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with project summaries. Overview stats enables you to view how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for each project. You can quickly see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on improving pages that your visitors care about. You can also analyze regional location data of your visitors and see where they are visiting from.
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Here are just some testimonials customers have published about the HeatMapTracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where visitors aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that they link to another section?
- Get useful information on how to optimize your landing pages, signup forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve conversions
- Get useful data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your website.
- Creating “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your readers, such as ad banners, links, buttons, sales copy, etc…
- Identify if a page element should be added, rearranged, or deleted.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for digital marketing services.
- Test if users tend to click images versus buttons vs text links, and how particular user segments interact within your web site.
- Diagnose suspected website security issues or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing great product quality and support. The members area contains video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMap Tracker comes in three editions:
- Basic (Single) License – Allows you to use on one website. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to install on up to ten domains. Price = $297.00 Single Payment.
- White Label Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click tracking, heat maps, session recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition lets you install the software on as many sites as you want, create client accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it an ideal solutions for web marketing agencies. Price = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: The price of this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the software is being retailed for the prices shown above. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the software seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Heat Map Tracker website.
Services like Google Analytics can provide important information on things such as the number of people landing on your pages, how they are finding it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain a real-time understanding into how your website and its content is being used by your visitors to interact with your business online, then a heat map analytics tool can be a great way to do so.
We recommend getting a license of HeatMapTracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, visitor engagement and to generate more sales of your products or services.
For more information, visit the software website here: HeatMapTracker – Live Click-Tracking & Heat Map Tracking Plugin