Being able to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is absolutely vital to the success of your business online.
The old saying “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as always. If you don’t know what is happening on your site, how can you know what areas of your site can be improved?
Website users have looked for smart ways to track and analyze visitor behavior since websites first appeared. From basic counters that track how many people have viewed your web page, to very powerful and sophisticated statistical tracking tools like Google Analytics and other applications which deliver incredible measurements.
Tracking user behavior is important for a successful digital business, not just because it enables you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your results, but it’s also been shown over and over that past consumer behaviour is the most reliable way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even more more reliable indicator in fact, than knowing demographics.
Although being able to monitor key metrics like how many web users are arriving on your site, which pages they are entering and exiting, how long they are staying on your site for, keyword searches, average page views, referring pages, etc …, is vitally useful, wouldn’t it be great to be able to track precisely what visitors are reading, where they are navigating through, which links they are clicking on, which parts of your site visitors are reading, and so on?
Fortunately, heat map tracking technology makes this easy and possible. Web heatmaps can be used to review areas on a website page most frequently scanned by web visitors. Web heatmaps can also be integrated with other forms of stat tracking applications and session replay software.
If you use WordPress, then you can easily add heat map tracking and recorded session replays to your collection of essential web site analysis tools with an easy-to-install and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software application.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software tool that works with WordPress (and other applications) and that visually records your site visitors’ entire session and generates live heatmaps showing where users are clicking and where they scroll on your website.
The HeatMapTracker software lets you see your site from your visitor’s perspective.
Learn more about the analytics tool here: HeatMapTracker
The better you know how your users engage with your site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the specific issues that prevent your visitors from fully accessing your website, like confusing site navigation layouts, or distracting banner ads. As the site owner, you can guide your site visitors to complete certain actions, such as join your newsletter or click on certain links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you which links on a web page are being clicked, a heat map will reveal any clicks that users make on your page, whether they are actual links or not. This is an important benefit because if a heatmap analysis reveals that visitors are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but is actually not a hyperlinked image, you would be able to quickly fix this by linking the image to the destination URL your visitors are trying to get to, or make it clear to your readers that the image is just a visual element.
In short, heatmaps are one of the most useful methods to test the design of your site, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using HeatMap Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your website:
Monitor Everything Visitors Are Doing On Your Web Site
HeatMap Tracker captures every user browsing movement on your website, enabling you to monitor all which buttons and links are being clicked, eye-tracking and page scrolls.
Full Control With No Restrictions
The application is self-hosted, giving you no-limit recordings and pageviews.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to buy the script, which entitles you to receive unlimited upgrades and future enhancements for life.
Additional benefits include:
- Improve Site Usability: By looking over the shoulders of your visitors as they navigate your web site, you can uncover difficulties that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve your sales process.
- Stop Guessing About Visitor Behavior: The video playbacks of your users’ sessions let you see precisely what is taking place on your website. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they browse on a particular spot, how far and quickly they navigate down your site and more! No more guesses or hoping … just accurate intel of what goes on when visitors explore your site.
- Increase User Engagement: Heat Map Tracker lets you increase user interaction with your site, which increases online sales and conversions. There are a number of ways to do this and we’ll discuss several of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
Heat Map Tracker Features
HeatMapTracker provides many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Goes to work in no time.
- View heatmaps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your links, buttons, images and calls to action, see which areas of your site visitors spend more time view and measure how far down your sales or product pages your visitors scroll as a benchmark of the length of time your content can retain their attention. HeatMapTracker lets you review and analyze every single visitor experience to see how visitors interact with your site or some pages on your site.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your site’s performance? With Heat Map Tracker you can spy on users on your pages for a few days, 1 week, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. Heat Map Tracker lets you see in-depth analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all recorded visitor sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view which pages your readers are moving towards and how they interact with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on pages that visitors are more interested in. You can also see regional demographic data of all visitors and learn which part of the world they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how HeatMap Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a couple of the testimonials plugin users have submitted for the HeatMap Tracker software:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
Heat Map Tracker – Useful Tips
Here are just some of the many ways you can use Heat Map Tracker on your site to improve your business:
- Understand what works (i.e. where visitors are clicking) and what’s not working (where visitors are not going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on images assuming that these may be linking to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, checkout processes, navigation, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get insights prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” experiments to improve your landing page’s “first impression”, or maximize the impact of the website’s real estate elements on your users, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any content section should be inserted, modified, or taken out.
- Create “before” and “after” comparison reports for online marketing services.
- Test if users prefer to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your web site.
- Review potential website security problems and vulnerabilities.
Heat Map Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known online marketer with a solid reputation for providing great products and customer support. The product download area includes video instructions for installing and setting up the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in 3 versions:
- Basic License – Installs on 1 domain. Cost = $197.00 One-time.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Allows you to use on up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel Branding License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, session recording, unlimited recording / pageviews, free updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited sites, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal client invoicing, making it ideal for web development agencies. Cost = $497.00 Single Payment.
Note: Pricing details of this product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin retails for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the plugin seller when you visit the product site and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a video demo of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Services such as Google Analytics provide great data on things such as how many people are coming to your pages, how they found it and what they are doing during their visits. However, to really gain a deep understanding into how your site and your content is helping your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider purchasing a copy of HeatMap Tracker for live heat maps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to make more sales of your products or services.
For more details, check out the software here: HeatMapTracker – Real-Time ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin